Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2014, 08:39 AM   #286
newtexan
DIS Veteran

Cont Tower Theme Park View question -- what floors should we request for best firework viewing?

Cont Tower door question -- can we decorate with magnets, or will we need poster putty or masking tape?

thanks for any info!

newtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 10:45 AM   #287
aw14
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtexan View Post
Cont Tower Theme Park View question -- what floors should we request for best firework viewing? Cont Tower door question -- can we decorate with magnets, or will we need poster putty or masking tape? thanks for any info!
Just switched our July reservation from BWI to CR tower theme park view. Cannot wait to be able to see the fireworks and the castle from our room.
aw14 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-10-2014, 10:51 AM   #288
Skywise
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Cont Tower Theme Park View question -- what floors should we request for best firework viewing?

Cont Tower door question -- can we decorate with magnets, or will we need poster putty or masking tape?

thanks for any info!
Theoretically the higher the better but you can't really go wrong on any floor. you might want to request a room closer to the park side.
Skywise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 04:19 PM   #289
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:

thanks for any info!
Generally people don't decorate their doors in the Deluxes. Any floor will give you a great view of the fireworks, but higher floor will get you further above eye level for the parking lot.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
psac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 09:29 PM   #290
newtexan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
Theoretically the higher the better but you can't really go wrong on any floor. you might want to request a room closer to the park side.
Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
Generally people don't decorate their doors in the Deluxes. Any floor will give you a great view of the fireworks, but higher floor will get you further above eye level for the parking lot.
Thanks for the hints. Last time we were in the Garden Wing, we decorated our door with a poster we had made but I don't remember how we hung it. Lots of people signed it. Guess I'll just decorate the mirror in the bathroom for us.

newtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 08:48 AM   #291
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 04:17 PM   #292
misst0270
Earning My Ears

I'm new on the board so forgive me if this has been asked addressed somewhere. We just booked a STD-CLUB-KING. The cast member said the room is on the 14th floor but could not guarantee a MKV. If I'm looking at this thread correctly, the only kings are MKV. So why wouldn't the cast member say that? I'm confused and really hoping for a MKV when we go Oct 3rd.
misst0270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 04:38 PM   #293
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by misst0270 View Post
I'm new on the board so forgive me if this has been asked addressed somewhere. We just booked a STD-CLUB-KING. The cast member said the room is on the 14th floor but could not guarantee a MKV. If I'm looking at this thread correctly, the only kings are MKV. So why wouldn't the cast member say that? I'm confused and really hoping for a MKV when we go Oct 3rd.
to the DIS and the CR/BLT thread! You've done your research. There are only 5 non-suite rooms on the 14th floor, two of which are KINGS with only MKVs. It's possible the CM couldn't "guarantee" a MKV because they are unable to actually book views up on the 14th floor, but they can add view requests to your reservation, (which is moot with the KING booking). You can, however, book a KING, and because you've done your research, you know that it will be a MKV. The CM may not even know this.
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 04:59 PM   #294
misst0270
Earning My Ears

Thanks! this thread has been a wealth of information. I will be going with my 17 year old and we are hoping to get some of her senior pictures done around the resort. We'd welcome any ideas for fun shots or location.
Old 05-11-2014, 06:41 PM   #295
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks! this thread has been a wealth of information. I will be going with my 17 year old and we are hoping to get some of her senior pictures done around the resort. We'd welcome any ideas for fun shots or location.
Are you taking the pictures yourself? We used a local photographer for our Disney wedding that works at the resort all the time and he was phenomenal and very well priced! Let me know if you want any info
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
SRUAlmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 08:39 PM   #296
misst0270
Earning My Ears

We are checking with one local photographer and Dianey Fine Art Photography. Any suggestions would be welcome so we get the best product for a reasonable price.
Old 05-11-2014, 08:42 PM   #297
misst0270
Earning My Ears

We've reached out to a local photographer but haven't received anything back yet. We are also looking at Disney Fine Art Photography. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Old 05-11-2014, 09:25 PM   #298
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We've reached out to a local photographer but haven't received anything back yet. We are also looking at Disney Fine Art Photography. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
We used Disney Photog for our Magic Kingdom photo shoot because they don't allow outside photographers to do that, but for our wedding at the pavilion we used Randy Chapman. He is phenomenal and his photography was comparable (if not better) than the Disney photogs!
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
SRUAlmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 10:22 PM   #299
misst0270
Earning My Ears

We'll definitely check him out. Thanks!
Old 05-12-2014, 09:47 AM   #300
CJK
BL II -Purple Team
Member of the RP Bad Girls Club
Mesmerized by Clay!
That feeling of accomplishment becomes addictive

When checking in at BLT, do you physically check in at the Contemporary and not BLT?
CJK is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: