Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2014, 07:52 AM   #271
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicgirl177 View Post

I'm glad I'm not the only one! I don't know why I like them, I'm not a souvenir person. But I like these mugs!
Me too!!! And it looks like this year they have new ones for the first time in a few years! Yay!!!! I'm so excited!
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
SRUAlmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 11:32 AM   #272
medicgirl177
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRUAlmn View Post
Me too!!! And it looks like this year they have new ones for the first time in a few years! Yay!!!! I'm so excited!
Exactly what I said! I think he stopped paying attention to them because after a few years I didn't want them anymore (how many of the same do you really need?!).

I also collect popcorn buckets (not the shaped ones, the traditional cylinders with park themes and colored tops). They make fantastic catch-alls when at the beach, camping or at the drive-ins! And it brings a little unique Mickey home with us!

medicgirl177 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-05-2014, 02:06 PM   #273
Loveslsu
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberle View Post
I would take a cab to the BC. Walk through the main lobby, go to the left toward Epcot and enter the park through the International Gateway. (Near France) It's a much shorter walk than entering the park at the main entrance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
Actually, BC to Akershus and main gate to Akershus are just about the same distance (about a mile).
Good to know I have options! Thank you both!!

May 2014 First Disney World vacation as a family! Best Mother's Day ever!
Loveslsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 03:53 PM   #274
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicgirl177 View Post
Exactly what I said! I think he stopped paying attention to them because after a few years I didn't want them anymore (how many of the same do you really need?!).

I also collect popcorn buckets (not the shaped ones, the traditional cylinders with park themes and colored tops). They make fantastic catch-alls when at the beach, camping or at the drive-ins! And it brings a little unique Mickey home with us!
That's the same reason I love them (and why I often buy coffee mugs as souvenirs.) I love being able to use something every day that reminds me of Disney. The popcorn buckets are a great idea!
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
SRUAlmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 10:22 AM   #275
jackglick
Mouseketeer

BLT - One Bedroom Pictures

Does anyone have pictures of a BLT One Bedroom with the sleeper and the chair open. We are staying there in Oct and wondering if it will be tight. Thanks.

jackglick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 10:35 AM   #276
jesster
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRUAlmn View Post
The new mugs also have new colors! I loved the addition of the light purple lids

Dreaming of our next trip... April 2015?
jesster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 09:24 PM   #277
2goofykiddos
Budding Disney addict

First time stay at BLT with a few questions

I have a few questions about our upcoming trip to BLT.

1. Can we do any of the recreation activities offered at the Contemporary or just at BLT since that is where we are staying?

2. We exchanged through RCI so no TOW lounge, where else can we see the fireworks.

3. Can we take the kids to the Wave for beer tasting or do we need a babysitter and how much is the beer tasting?

4. Finally my BIL and his wife may be coming over to watch the kids for us one night, will they have to pay for parking?

Thanks so much for your help. I browsed the thread but didn't have a ton of time to read through it all.
May 2010- 3 days off site
May 2011-- 6 nights POFQ
May 2012- 7 nights VWL!!!!!
Oct 2012 Adult's only F&W trip
Dec 2012- Bonnet Creek with extended family,
1 night CBR
March 2013- off site
May 2014- Bay Lake Tower
Dec 2014- WBC again!
2goofykiddos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 01:32 PM   #278
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkies View Post
A little over a month until our CR stay..MBs should be shipping soon...and we were able to get FPP for the SDMT....

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4prez View Post
Congrats, I'm sure you are getting very anxious. We are now at the 30 day mark. Concierge completed our MDE the other day,Received our arrival package and luggage tags this week, MB's should be here very soon, I was able to get my FP+'s for SDMT yesterday, and made a small change for our final lunch ADR on our departure day. June 2nd can't get here soon enough.
Less than 30 days now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
joining in!

just put request in last night for DVC rental, standard view studio at BLT for my DD 15th birthday/spring break trip 2015 we should here back hopefully in a few days if we got our ressie!

my DD has wanted to stay here for a couple of years and our friends we are going there with own BLT points so will be fun staying at the same resort as them! we are already decided to have a more low key trip this time, (this is our 8th trip to WDW) enjoy some pool time with our kids (two 15 year olds and one 11) and of course Flower & Garden which we went to in 2011 and loved, can't wait to try all the yummy food pavilions too!

can't wait to stay so close to MK! we've been lucky enough to watch Wishes from Top of the World on two previous trips with our above friends and love the view of the lake!
What a fun birthday! Are the two 15-year-olds sleeping on the Double sofa and you and the 11-year-old in the Queen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lollicollins View Post
does anyone know if CS does anything fun on halloween night? Particularly at chef mickeys? TIA!
CS? Do you mean CR for Contemporary? There are some activities on Halloween for the kids, usually by the pool or lobby area in the afternoon. But, I don't know specifically what activities, if any, are at CM on Halloween.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveslsu View Post
I saw that. Thanks. I don't know if that will give me enough time to get to the breakfast though.
You shouldn't have a problem making it. The early ADR buses are meant to get guests there on time. Just tell the driver when you get on the first bus of the day where you are going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackglick View Post
Does anyone have pictures of a BLT One Bedroom with the sleeper and the chair open. We are staying there in Oct and wondering if it will be tight. Thanks.
I have photos of the sleeper in the BLT section of the thread. The hyperlink is in POST 1. The living room is quite large and the chair rather small (twin-sized) so you won't have any space issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2goofykiddos View Post
I have a few questions about our upcoming trip to BLT.

1. Can we do any of the recreation activities offered at the Contemporary or just at BLT since that is where we are staying?
You can participate in the CR activities.

2. We exchanged through RCI so no TOW lounge, where else can we see the fireworks.
From POST 12:

THE WISHES NIGHTLY MAGIC KINGDOM FIREWORKS last about 12 minutes. Preferred CR/BLT viewing locations:

~Magic Kingdom/Theme Park View Tower rooms/balconies.

~BLT Magic Kingdom/Theme Park View rooms/balconies and some Bay Lake View rooms on the north side.

~The beach.

~California Grill restaurant and observation deck (exclusively for guests with same-day reservations only).

~Fourth floor observation deck at CR.

3. Can we take the kids to the Wave for beer tasting or do we need a babysitter and how much is the beer tasting?
From the May Activity Calendar:

4. Finally my BIL and his wife may be coming over to watch the kids for us one night, will they have to pay for parking?
I would think that the gate guard would give them a temp. pass.

Thanks so much for your help. I browsed the thread but didn't have a ton of time to read through it all.
Welcome to the thread! My answers are above in RED.
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 05:36 PM   #279
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

Can't quote from my phone

No our friends will have their own room, their dd is. 11 so she will probably spend a night or two with us, their ds is the other 15 yr old so no sleep overs with him lol ....they are really more like cousins than just friends!

mommy2mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 11:17 AM   #280
PamelaKay
DIS Veteran

23 days

Only 23 more days until I can cross CR off my bucket list of Disney resorts. It will be a quick trip, down on Saturday back on Monday night, but it is just to get me over the hump until our big trip to WL in late Oct where we are hitting both MNSSHP on Oct 31 AND MVMCP on Nov 7. What a way to bookend a trip. I hope Atrium Club is as good as OFC.

Mar 2010 - AKL CL May 2010 - GF CL Nov 2010 - Dec 2010 POFQ and Poly CL
Mar 2011 - BWI, June 2011 CBR one night and split stay between WL and BCOct 2011 - POR and WL
March 2012 WL CL Oct 2012 WL CL and Dec 2012 WL CL
Mar 2013 YC CL, June 2013 Poly CL, Oct 2013 Hard Rock CL BWI CL and
Dec 2013 GF CL
Mar 2014 WL, June 2014 CR CL, and Oct/Nov 2014 WL CL
PamelaKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 11:38 AM   #281
Skywise
DIS Veteran

Contemporary Resort fridge magnets?

Souvenir magnets with the resort logo (sort of)

I've got one from the GF and the Polynesian but I can never seem to find one for the Contemporary Resort at any of the shops there. The CMs there tell me they don't exist but wish they did.

Do they?
Skywise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 03:25 PM   #282
goofy4prez
DIS Dads Club Member #484
I hate the Steelers & Ravens like a mother loves a child!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaKay View Post
Only 23 more days until I can cross CR off my bucket list of Disney resorts. It will be a quick trip, down on Saturday back on Monday night, but it is just to get me over the hump until our big trip to WL in late Oct where we are hitting both MNSSHP on Oct 31 AND MVMCP on Nov 7. What a way to bookend a trip. I hope Atrium Club is as good as OFC.
Congrats. We are now down to 24 days ourselves. I'm sure you are as excited as we are for the day to hurry up and arrive.

Achieved (6-10-12) and maintaining weight lost goal of 115 LBS.From 267 lbs to 152 lbs
goofy4prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 11:50 AM   #283
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaKay View Post
Well, you know that I think the OFC lounge and staff are the best…But, the views from the AC are amazing and the CR rooms are much larger and nicer, I feel. Let us know what you think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
Souvenir magnets with the resort logo (sort of)

I've got one from the GF and the Polynesian but I can never seem to find one for the Contemporary Resort at any of the shops there. The CMs there tell me they don't exist but wish they did.

Do they?
This has been a perennial complaint of mine and others. CR just hasn't had any resort-branded merchandise for many years. The print of CR/BLT by Larry Dotson is the only thing I've found in years. It's really too bad because they could be selling a lot of branded merch., like Poly has, if they had any.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4prez View Post
Congrats. We are now down to 24 days ourselves. I'm sure you are as excited as we are for the day to hurry up and arrive.
It's almost time!
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 12:56 PM   #284
BlueSkies
DIS Veteran

~ Question...will that beer tasting event at The Wave only be Saturdays in May or will it be an ongoing thing??

As for the resort specific merchandise...there used to be lots of CR branded stuff...but the items have dwindled over the years... I find this so strange since both of the other monorail resorts... GF and Poly have plenty???

BlueSkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 02:54 PM   #285
chuckml
DIS Veteran

Add us to the list!! After an almost 3 year hiatus (not by choice), we are finally headed back to WDW and staying at the CR.
I stayed there with my parents as a kid about a million years ago, but haven't stayed there since the early 80's. This will be DW and DD's first time there and they are super excited.
Our dates are 8/9--8/16 in a Tower Theme Park View room. Come on August!
March 2009--POFQ, December 2009--AKL
September 2010--Pop, September 2011--Pop
Upcoming: August 2014--CR TPV
chuckml is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: