Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2014, 10:14 PM   #226
ixmnrs
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicgirl177 View Post
We decided to stay a night at CR before our DCL cruise leaves to see how it measures up. Normally we stay do CL deluxe (I'm a BC fan, but this trip DH wanted to try something new). Only being one night and not knowing much about the resort, I just booked a standard room. Our trip is just a week away now. We want to "experience" the resort, so DH wants to stay in the concourse. Anyone have any suggestions as to what I could say to get a little pixie dust? I am not sure what the concourse rooms are even referred to as.
DOn't know about the pixie dust as I have never gotten any upgrade pixie dust in any of my stays at DW, but the rooms in the tower are called tower rooms (as opposed to the garden wing rooms which are in a separate building. Concierge level is either Atrium Club Level (12th Floor) or Tower Club Level (14th Floor). Please check out the first page of this thread as it has everything you would want to know about the CR, easily laid out and ready to access. Have fun on your cruise and good luck on the pixie dust!
August 2007: DCL Land (POLY)/Sea(DWonder)
August 2008: Off Site Nickelodeon Hotel
March Break 2009: Contemporary Tower
March Break 2010: YC CL
August 2013 : Polynesian CL
Aug 2014: Finally decided on CR AC TPV

ME(Still Young at Heart) DW (Likewise); DS(16); DD(13); DHavanese: (1)
ixmnrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 07:39 AM   #227
buzzrelly
DIS Veteran

For those who have stayed at both BLT and the CR, which do you like better? I just became a DVC member and my home resort is BLT. I chose it mainly for my love of the CR, but I've never actually stayed at BLT. Our first trip will be next April, in a 1 BDR Lake View. I am hoping to love it just as much as I love the CR… give me the good and the bad! Thanks!
1989 Off Site-2003 Contemporary Resort-2006 Old Key West-2008 Caribbean Beach Resort-2010 Contemporary Resort-2012 Disney Cruise Line Magic-2013 Contemporary Resort-2013 Beach Club -2014 POP Century with Dance the World

buzzrelly is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-28-2014, 08:06 AM   #228
2012DisneyWorldBride
I was a Disney Bride on 12.8.12
I put ketchup on my ketchup

First time staying at Contemporary!

Hello

This December will be our first time staying at Contemporary!! We just booked a Tower Theme park View. I'm curious as to what that means...

We usually stay at Grand Floridian Theme Park View so I am aware of what theme park view means... but not sure at Contemporary what rooms that would be. Tower makes me wonder if its Bay Lake Tower?

Any good rooms to request? Like I said, we usually stay GF theme park view (at least for the past 2 Decembers (2012 wedding/honeymoon and 2013 1st anniversary), so this trip will be our 2nd anniversary trip and I just wanna make sure that we request a good room to be able to watch the fireworks from our balcony.

Thanks!
Michelle

Michelle & Jeff's 12/8/12 Disney Wishes Wedding WP/GF/DP Morocco - Planning Journal and Trip Report!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2850449
Our Wedding / Honeymoon Trip - 8 Day Deluxe Dining Plan Review With Pictures!!! Didn't finish...
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3037533
Michelle - Jeff (DH) - Chanel (Maltese Puppy)
Disney Trips: AP - for as long as I can remember - AKL 8/2011, GF 12/2012 & AKL 12/2012, CBR 9/2013 & GF 12/2013, CBR 8/2014 & GF 12/2014
2012DisneyWorldBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 08:20 AM   #229
TabZ
DFTW Bride October 2014!!

We are planning our first visit to CR in Ocober for 15 amazing nights!

We are getting married while we are there, so was hoping for a king bed only room, are there any of these in the garden wing which is what we have booked or should I look at upgrading? We just need as much floor space as possible with 15 odd people in my room the morning of the wedding!

November 2002 - DLC - offsite, April 2005 - WDW - offsite, October 2005 - DLRP - offsite, October 2008 - DLRP - offsite,
July 2011 - WDW - POR, October 2011 - DLRP - Dream Castle Hotel ENGAGED!!! November 2013 - WDW - CSR & Disney Dream

Planning our Disney Fairytale Wedding 21st October, 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2847299 Wedding PJ
TabZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 09:26 AM   #230
TeamMMom
Earning My Ears

Best strategy for CR Garden Wing discount?

We'd love to stay at the CR for part of our trip next April, but budget-wise we could probably only do this in a discounted Garden Wing room.

Do any of you CR fans know if the Garden Wing rooms are historically included in room only discounts? If so, would you recommend booking ahead and waiting for a discount to be applied or booking when discounts are released?

Thanks in advance!
Old 04-28-2014, 09:44 AM   #231
Gryhndmom
Coast to Coast 2013....PHM and DL Half

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzrelly View Post
For those who have stayed at both BLT and the CR, which do you like better? I just became a DVC member and my home resort is BLT. I chose it mainly for my love of the CR, but I've never actually stayed at BLT. Our first trip will be next April, in a 1 BDR Lake View. I am hoping to love it just as much as I love the CR… give me the good and the bad! Thanks!
DH and I are also DVC members since May 2012 so kinda newbies! We have stayed Atrium level at CR and of course BLT. BLT gives you much more room (providing you are staying in a 1 BR or bigger) and having two bathrooms just makes it easier! There is a small washer and dryer so less clothes you have to bring and more room in the suitcase for Disney souvenirs!!! we don't use the kitchen much since it is just the two of us. The plus of CR is you get mousekeeping everyday which does not happen at BLT. Atrium level at CR gives you the wonderful food and extra attention but then there are smaller rooms and just one bathroom. All in all we think BLT is a better choice !
Gryhndmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 09:47 AM   #232
Gryhndmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabZ View Post

We are getting married while we are there, so was hoping for a king bed only room, are there any of these in the garden wing which is what we have booked or should I look at upgrading? We just need as much floor space as possible with 15 odd people in my room the morning of the wedding!
Just had to say hope you have a magical wedding ! We will be there at BLT 19-25 Oct so maybe we will see you!
Old 04-28-2014, 09:57 AM   #233
familyabgar
Mouseketeer

Thanks for adding us and for the room view response, Kook. We changed it to requesting high floor and "even numbered room", after I looked at the DVC room view thread.
familyabgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 10:38 AM   #234
TabZ
DFTW Bride October 2014!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryhndmom View Post
Just had to say hope you have a magical wedding ! We will be there at BLT 19-25 Oct so maybe we will see you!
Aww thank you! Wedding is 10/21 if you see us around xx

November 2002 - DLC - offsite, April 2005 - WDW - offsite, October 2005 - DLRP - offsite, October 2008 - DLRP - offsite,
July 2011 - WDW - POR, October 2011 - DLRP - Dream Castle Hotel ENGAGED!!! November 2013 - WDW - CSR & Disney Dream

Planning our Disney Fairytale Wedding 21st October, 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2847299 Wedding PJ
TabZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 12:17 PM   #235
CJK
BL II -Purple Team
Member of the RP Bad Girls Club
Mesmerized by Clay!
That feeling of accomplishment becomes addictive

Hi all! Does the Wave restaurant still offer free beer tastings to BLT guests on Saturday afternoons? If so, do you have to be DVC members, or just staying at BLT? TIA!
CJK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 02:10 PM   #236
Asnell
Mouseketeer

Quote:

If it's within your budget, you should consider reserving a King Deluxe room in the Garden Wing. There are only 3 of them, but they have King-sized beds and quite a lot of extra space.
Asnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 03:56 PM   #237
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Yay for you!!! My husband and I had a Disney wedding in 2007 and we also stayed in the CR garden wing rooms. When I was getting ready it was just me, my two sisters, and two ladies doing our hair and makeup and it was pretty crowded Are you really going to have 15 people in there at once!? If so, I'd consider possibly requesting connecting rooms and having a couple rooms open to walk between? Let me know if you have any Disney wedding questions (although the DIS has a FABULOUS wedding board!) We also did an Illuminations dessert party and a MK photo shoot if you're doing either of those and have questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJK View Post
Hi all! Does the Wave restaurant still offer free beer tastings to BLT guests on Saturday afternoons? If so, do you have to be DVC members, or just staying at BLT? TIA!
Say WHAT!?!?!? Anxiously awaiting an answer
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
SRUAlmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 07:27 PM   #238
buzzrelly
DIS Veteran

Quote:
DH and I are also DVC members since May 2012 so kinda newbies! We have stayed Atrium level at CR and of course BLT. BLT gives you much more room (providing you are staying in a 1 BR or bigger) and having two bathrooms just makes it easier! There is a small washer and dryer so less clothes you have to bring and more room in the suitcase for Disney souvenirs!!! we don't use the kitchen much since it is just the two of us. The plus of CR is you get mousekeeping everyday which does not happen at BLT. Atrium level at CR gives you the wonderful food and extra attention but then there are smaller rooms and just one bathroom. All in all we think BLT is a better choice !
Thanks! Makes me feel better…and I should transition easier than you since I've never stayed club level! Do you ever pay for the extra housecleaning or trash/towel service?
1989 Off Site-2003 Contemporary Resort-2006 Old Key West-2008 Caribbean Beach Resort-2010 Contemporary Resort-2012 Disney Cruise Line Magic-2013 Contemporary Resort-2013 Beach Club -2014 POP Century with Dance the World

Old 04-28-2014, 08:29 PM   #239
Gryhndmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzrelly View Post
Thanks! Makes me feel better…and I should transition easier than you since I've never stayed club level! Do you ever pay for the extra housecleaning or trash/towel service?
Yes, we did do the extra towels and trash since we tend to go through lots of towels at home and tend to create lots of trash for two people !
Old 04-29-2014, 04:25 AM   #240
buzzrelly
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes, we did do the extra towels and trash since we tend to go through lots of towels at home and tend to create lots of trash for two people !
I think we will do it also. I don't care so much about the cleaning since I pretty much pick up as I go along, but I like having fresh towels. I'll just have to budget for it. I believe it's about $20 per day, correct? Do you tip on top of that too?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: