Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2014, 10:13 AM   #211
PamelaKay
DIS Veteran

Bus question

Has anyone timed how long it took by bus from the Contemporary to DHS?

Mar 2010 - AKL CL May 2010 - GF CL Nov 2010 - Dec 2010 POFQ and Poly CL
Mar 2011 - BWI, June 2011 CBR one night and split stay between WL and BCOct 2011 - POR and WL
March 2012 WL CL Oct 2012 WL CL and Dec 2012 WL CL
Mar 2013 YC CL, June 2013 Poly CL, Oct 2013 Hard Rock CL BWI CL and
Dec 2013 GF CL
Mar 2014 WL, June 2014 CR CL, and Oct/Nov 2014 WL CL
PamelaKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 09:09 AM   #212
mamawee
Earning My Ears

I didn't actually time it, but I *think* it was about 25 minutes (although its been 3 years, so my memory may not be that great)
mamawee is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-24-2014, 09:16 AM   #213
jesster
Earning My Ears

There's a cool website that has a trip calculator. Here it is: http://www.ourlaughingplace.com/aspx/twiz.aspx

Dreaming of our next trip... April 2015?
jesster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 09:17 AM   #214
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesster View Post
There's a cool website that has a trip calculator. Here it is: http://www.ourlaughingplace.com/aspx/twiz.aspx
Just a heads up, use that calculator as a general guideline. It is normally inaccurate.
Old 04-24-2014, 11:56 AM   #215
psac
DIS Veteran

We just usually assume any bus trip will take 20 minutes for the bus to arrive and load (and do the same at another resort for the resort shares), and 20 minutes to get to any of the parks. And that's basically from any deluxe to any park combo (e.g., same the other way from an Epcot resort like BW to MK), with the exception of something like AKL to AK which are right next to each other.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
psac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 12:50 PM   #216
wendow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaKay View Post
Has anyone timed how long it took by bus from the Contemporary to DHS?
It has taken about 30 mins for us to get from CR to DHS by bus. Unfortunately, we have only take the bus from CR to AK once but it took almost a full hour.
Old 04-24-2014, 04:01 PM   #217
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asnell View Post
We want to stay in the Garden Wing, on the ground floor with a water view. I think I'd prefer lake to canal view,or pool/lakeviews if some rooms overlook both. Does anyone know specific rooms to ask for?
dansdad is correct, best for you to decide which of those GW views you'd prefer and then have that noted in your reservation. You'll need to book a Garden View room and pick just one of those views since they don't overlap. But, there's no guarantee you'll get your first choice.
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 09:31 PM   #218
KayKo
Earning My Ears

Ceiling Height

Hi,
We were going to stay in the small room at the GF Villa, but I was able to get Club Level Atrium CR yesterday for the same price, so I thought WOW! OK!
I LOVE the Contemporary, but am wondering exactly how high those low ceilings are really? Anyone know? Thanks!
Old 04-24-2014, 10:03 PM   #219
Planner2012
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by klwdisney View Post
My mom and I are trying out the Contemporary for the very first time November 1st-8th. We are booked in a Garden Wing room with a Garden View. We've put in a request for ground floor with patio and water view. As this is not my first time at the rodeo, I know to take my requests with a grain of salt. I am having a hard time finding pictures of Garden Wing room views, however, and was wondering if anyone had any they'd like to share? I've seen just a couple reviews with pics and both times they were rooms I'd LOVE to get!! I've looked on the picture board, I've even posted the request on the picture board, scoured you tube, and the internet in general.

I'd like to be prepared for the good, the bad, and the ugly! We've never been interested in staying at CR before (just looks like a boring hotel on a big slab of cement to us... even the room decor doesn't do much for us!) but the idea of being walking distance to MK was a huge draw and the Poly construction ended up making the decision for us.

Also, I remember seeing somewhere on here the options available when you do Online Check In and now I can't find it. Does anyone have the link? Thanks!
Have you checked out touringplans.com? You don't need to have a subscription to look at the resort info. If you click on resorts, and then the Contemporary, you can use their room selector to get an idea of the views. It really helped me with what a view from a standard garden wing room looked like.
Planner2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 05:48 PM   #220
Asnell
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planner2012 View Post
Have you checked out touringplans.com? You don't need to have a subscription to look at the resort info. If you click on resorts, and then the Contemporary, you can use their room selector to get an idea of the views. It really helped me with what a view from a standard garden wing room looked like.
Thanks for the Touringplans.com tip. There's a wealth of resort information on there! I found it especially helpful in figuring out what to request during the BC portion of our stay so that our Garden-View rooms don't turn into "Looking at the back of the BC Villas" rooms.
Asnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 11:34 AM   #221
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Can you watch fireworks from the 4th floor observation deck even if you aren't staying at the CR? And do they pipe in the music? Looking at an ADR for the 4th of July, but maybe staying at a different resort...

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 02:08 PM   #222
Rhongepooh
I must ponder this news

Yes and yes and I love it! One of my favorite spots to watch wishes is on any of the fire escapes ...quieter, usually have it to myself and I can hear the piped in music from the 4th floor!
Old 04-27-2014, 02:35 PM   #223
tan391
Earning My Ears

Hi, I wonder if anyone here may be able to help me.... I am looking for availability in a garden wing room (could possibly stretch to tower bay lake view) for 20th august 2015, 10 nights.

At the moment only club level rooms available, do you think this means that the rest of the resort is full already?

Thanks
Old 04-27-2014, 03:38 PM   #224
brockash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Can you watch fireworks from the 4th floor observation deck even if you aren't staying at the CR? And do they pipe in the music? Looking at an ADR for the 4th of July, but maybe staying at a different resort...

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
You can and they do pipe in the music, but in our experience it's not very loud. We've watched from the Poly beach (although that may not be an option anymore if you're not staying there) and that was much better. Also, if you have a room facing MK at CR, you can turn the tv to a certain channel and will get the music which is nice.
Old 04-27-2014, 09:59 PM   #225
medicgirl177
Mouseketeer

We decided to stay a night at CR before our DCL cruise leaves to see how it measures up. Normally we stay do CL deluxe (I'm a BC fan, but this trip DH wanted to try something new). Only being one night and not knowing much about the resort, I just booked a standard room. Our trip is just a week away now. We want to "experience" the resort, so DH wants to stay in the concourse. Anyone have any suggestions as to what I could say to get a little pixie dust? I am not sure what the concourse rooms are even referred to as.

medicgirl177 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: