Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-05-2014, 04:46 PM   #151
Gilrond
Mouseketeer
 
Gilrond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 151

With the Garden view rooms, are there any steps or other barriers that would cause difficulty driving an ECV to MK?
Gilrond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 05:48 PM   #152
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 16,123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilrond View Post
With the Garden view rooms, are there any steps or other barriers that would cause difficulty driving an ECV to MK?
There is a covered walkway and automatic doors at the GW which lead right to the Tower next door. The walkway to the MK begins after you walk past the bus stop area between the Tower and BLT and it is HA with ramps on the sidewalks.
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-05-2014, 07:39 PM   #153
pas130
DIS Veteran
 
pas130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,357

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

My magical erasing RC quill will erase you from the Lodgers' Log and your CR dates will magically appear in the Log-orail

Thank you!!! I also booked a cabana for a full day of leisure at the pool! DH said this is the first change where it makes sense, and looks great. I did good
__________________
Aug 14 TR: Go with the flow dudeJungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 09:38 PM   #154
DLBDS
Loves that Sweetened Condensed Milk
 
DLBDS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Central NC
Posts: 5,197

Just wanted to post a bit about my recent stay at the CR etc. A few things about the room that I was disappointed with where 1) There is no full length mirror in the room ANYWHERE. Not even in the bathroom. I thought this was pretty odd. We girls like to check ourselves out before we leave the room. Especially if we're dressing up for dinner. Waist up. That's all you're gonna get. Another thing is 2) the lack of counter space in the bathroom. I solved this problem by just laying a towel out on the sink when I got ready in the morning. Not a huge deal. Not as inconvenient as the missing full length mirror. Other than this the room was awesome. The view was exceptional if you don't mind seeing roof tops and parking area. Didn't bother me a bit! Mousekeeping was good. There was one day when my daughter left the room later in the morning than us and she accidentally left the do-not-disturb sign on the door. The DIS came through for me (as always) and I was able to find the direct number to the CR while we were at AK. I called and let them know and our room was done when we got back a couple of hours later. Check-in was smooth. I did NOT do online check-in (just ran out of time). We arrived at around noon on a Friday and our room was ready for us. Check-out was the same. I let the CM checking us out know that there was a drawer full of clothes left behind by a previous guest and she immediately got on the phone to mousekeeping so they could go collect it. She thanked me for that. She asked me when we discovered this and I told her that it wasn't until that morning as my mother just assumed they were mine and my DD's and never said anything. It wasn't until we were packing up that she learned they weren't ours. It was several items of clothing too. Looked like the previous guest forgot a completely full drawer! Hopefully they'll be returned. I know I left behind a pair of ankle boots at the WL one visit and never realized it until they arrived in the mail! I was shocked that Disney had taken the time to do that. Another reason I'm a fan. The monorail was back in service when we arrived. I was so relieved at that news. We got the refillable mug and that worked out great. No issues at all. Just need to remember that you have to wait 90 seconds before you can refill it. FYI... We loved getting the soft serve ice cream ($4 and they give you a clear plastic "bowl") and making our own root beer floats. So good. I transferred the ice cream to a metal Castaway Club mug and then poured the root beer into that. Kept it ice cold! My daughter just made hers in the refillable mug. Yummy! Wish the FP+ and MDE were as efficient. Thought I would like not having to run for FP's but NO. This new system did not work for us. Not too worried about it as I know it will be changing in the near future to add more FP's per day.... however, one of our main problems was REMEMBERING when to use them! It's just too easy to get side-tracked by this or that and before you know it, your FP time has come and gone and there's no getting it back. Now you're down to just 2 FPs. Not cool. I read before I left that WDW was becoming slack with keeping trash picked up. I have to agree on this one. There was one ride where a bunch of trash had accumulated on the inside wall of a loading area. Bottles and such. Not cool. We did run across a couple of downright rude CM's inside the parks but otherwise every CM we encountered was your typical friendly and helpful Disney CM. I really appreciate them!! There were a couple that rode the elevator down with my DD the morning we left and she said they chatted with her and one helped move her luggage to the front lobby. Wish every CM was like that but people are people. All in all it was a good visit.
__________________
March/April 2014 Contemporary (4627 10th Floor MK View)
March/April 2013 Disney Fantasy
(9674)
May 2011 Disney Dream (9674) / Wilderness Lodge (4034 Woods View)
October 2010
Disney Wonder (6598)/Wilderness Lodge (7107 Club Level)/Animal KingdomLodge (4311 Club Level)
February 2009 Port Orleans Riverside (2404 Alligator Bayou) May 2009 Hard Rock Hotel/Swan/DIS Podcast Cruise (Disney Wonder) (6592)
September 2008 Contemporary Resort (5150 Garden Wing)
February 2007 Wilderness Lodge (7044 Club Level) June 2007 Hawthorn Suites (Off Property) October 2007 Wilderness Lodge (7048 Club Level)
Nov/Dec 2006 - Wilderness Lodge (3167 Courtyard)

Last edited by DLBDS; 04-05-2014 at 09:45 PM.
DLBDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 10:27 PM   #155
jecon
Mouseketeer
 
jecon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 157

Just booked the deluxe garden room for a quick "girls" trip with my sister, niece and daughter. The room looks so unique! We normally stay at the grand floridian so I am looking forward to the change. It's been since 1981 since I've stayed at to he CR!!
jecon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 10:59 PM   #156
bhyer
Earning My Ears
 
bhyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: St. Albert, Alberta
Posts: 63

My daughter and I are doing a split stay. First part of our trip at POR and second at Contemporary. I'm soooo excited I FINALLY made a decision

Question - I was reading that if you request and pay for a theme park view that it's actually a bit of a crap shoot as to whether or not you actually get a good view or if you are looking at the roof of the convention center.

Just wondering how true that is. What to manage my expectations!
So excited.
bhyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 12:08 AM   #157
Gilrond
Mouseketeer
 
Gilrond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 151

Thanks for the info about the accessibility of the walkways. Am hoping to book a deluxe garden room for my 60th birthday next year.
Gilrond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 08:03 AM   #158
MrsBlovesDisney
DIS Veteran
 
MrsBlovesDisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: MA/RI BORDER
Posts: 1,164

Just booked an "adult only" trip for this Nov 14-17!!!!

We were down at WDW a couple weeks ago but sadly I BROKE AN ANKLE THE DAY BEFORE WE LEFT!!!! Because we have a son with Autism who eats, sleeps, breaths Disney, we just didn't have the heart to cancel 24 hours in advance. So we went.......and it was difficult.....and even tho I had a scooter I could feel every bump. Plus, I'm non-weight bearing, so I really couldn't transfer to ANY rides . We even came home 3 days early. DS son still had an AWESOME time cuz DH took him everywhere he wanted to go (well, basically he only wants to do the monorail.....which was sadly down 11:30-7..... but, eh, what are you gonna do??). As long as he's happy we're happy...after 5 days of being in the WORLD he was ready and willing to come home!

Anywoo.....while I'm stuck with one leg being elevated for the next month, at least now I have something to look forward to!!
__________________
Me DH DD DS
The Contemporary will always be our first love.... ....we're so glad DVC built the BLT!!
DVC @ OKW & BLT

Fell in love with the Mouse on our Honeymoon in 1992...been going ever since!


Last trip: March 2014 BLT 1 BDRM TPV
Next trip: Nov 2014 BLT adult only
Then: April 2015 BLT 1 BDRM TPV

Last edited by MrsBlovesDisney; 04-06-2014 at 08:09 AM.
MrsBlovesDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 10:58 AM   #159
pas130
DIS Veteran
 
pas130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,357

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsBlovesDisney View Post
Just booked an "adult only" trip for this Nov 14-17!!!!

We were down at WDW a couple weeks ago but sadly I BROKE AN ANKLE THE DAY BEFORE WE LEFT!!!! Because we have a son with Autism who eats, sleeps, breaths Disney, we just didn't have the heart to cancel 24 hours in advance. So we went.......and it was difficult.....and even tho I had a scooter I could feel every bump. Plus, I'm non-weight bearing, so I really couldn't transfer to ANY rides . We even came home 3 days early. DS son still had an AWESOME time cuz DH took him everywhere he wanted to go (well, basically he only wants to do the monorail.....which was sadly down 11:30-7..... but, eh, what are you gonna do??). As long as he's happy we're happy...after 5 days of being in the WORLD he was ready and willing to come home!

Anywoo.....while I'm stuck with one leg being elevated for the next month, at least now I have something to look forward to!!
Sorry to hear about your ankle, but I am glad your DS had a great time. I went with a broken foot, and a walking cast. It wasn't easy with the kids though, and it hurt YAY for an upcoming adults-only trip!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhyer View Post
My daughter and I are doing a split stay. First part of our trip at POR and second at Contemporary. I'm soooo excited I FINALLY made a decision

Question - I was reading that if you request and pay for a theme park view that it's actually a bit of a crap shoot as to whether or not you actually get a good view or if you are looking at the roof of the convention center.

Just wondering how true that is. What to manage my expectations!
So excited.
I've never stayed CR but all TPV rooms seem amazing, but looking down it is the parking lot. But sitting on the balcony looking straight ahead will be amazing. The Bay Lake Views are nothing to sneeze at either
__________________
Aug 14 TR: Go with the flow dudeJungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 11:04 AM   #160
pixarmom
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 5,290

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhyer View Post
My daughter and I are doing a split stay. First part of our trip at POR and second at Contemporary. I'm soooo excited I FINALLY made a decision

Question - I was reading that if you request and pay for a theme park view that it's actually a bit of a crap shoot as to whether or not you actually get a good view or if you are looking at the roof of the convention center.

Just wondering how true that is. What to manage my expectations!
So excited.
This is just my own opinion, and probably not the norm, but we really love the Bay Lake View and I actually prefer it. Now, this may be based on the fact that our CR stay was CL, so we had access to the lounge with the MK view when not in the room. But I thought the Bay Lake View was so quiet and peaceful and a wonderful retreat from the parks while having MK so close and convenient at the same time! For this reason, and the fact that TPV includes some parking lot, we'll always book Bay Lake View. Just a thought if you're worried about the TPV.
__________________
Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL/GF/Poly)
April 2015: WL and AOA!
pixarmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 11:35 AM   #161
bhyer
Earning My Ears
 
bhyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: St. Albert, Alberta
Posts: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
This is just my own opinion, and probably not the norm, but we really love the Bay Lake View and I actually prefer it. Now, this may be based on the fact that our CR stay was CL, so we had access to the lounge with the MK view when not in the room. But I thought the Bay Lake View was so quiet and peaceful and a wonderful retreat from the parks while having MK so close and convenient at the same time! For this reason, and the fact that TPV includes some parking lot, we'll always book Bay Lake View. Just a thought if you're worried about the TPV.
Hmmm. More to think about Thank you.
bhyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 02:44 PM   #162
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 16,123

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Thank you!!! I also booked a cabana for a full day of leisure at the pool! DH said this is the first change where it makes sense, and looks great. I did good
Insert Pastastic Family here…



Quote:
Originally Posted by DLBDS View Post
Just wanted to post a bit about my recent stay at the CR etc. A few things about the room that I was disappointed with where 1) There is no full length mirror in the room ANYWHERE. Not even in the bathroom. I thought this was pretty odd. We girls like to check ourselves out before we leave the room. Especially if we're dressing up for dinner. Waist up. That's all you're gonna get.

Another thing is 2) the lack of counter space in the bathroom. I solved this problem by just laying a towel out on the sink when I got ready in the morning. Not a huge deal. Not as inconvenient as the missing full length mirror. Other than this the room was awesome. The view was exceptional if you don't mind seeing roof tops and parking area. Didn't bother me a bit! Mousekeeping was good. There was one day when my daughter left the room later in the morning than us and she accidentally left the do-not-disturb sign on the door. The DIS came through for me (as always) and I was able to find the direct number to the CR while we were at AK. I called and let them know and our room was done when we got back a couple of hours later.

Check-in was smooth. I did NOT do online check-in (just ran out of time). We arrived at around noon on a Friday and our room was ready for us. Check-out was the same. I let the CM checking us out know that there was a drawer full of clothes left behind by a previous guest and she immediately got on the phone to mousekeeping so they could go collect it. She thanked me for that. She asked me when we discovered this and I told her that it wasn't until that morning as my mother just assumed they were mine and my DD's and never said anything. It wasn't until we were packing up that she learned they weren't ours. It was several items of clothing too. Looked like the previous guest forgot a completely full drawer! Hopefully they'll be returned. I know I left behind a pair of ankle boots at the WL one visit and never realized it until they arrived in the mail! I was shocked that Disney had taken the time to do that. Another reason I'm a fan.

The monorail was back in service when we arrived. I was so relieved at that news. We got the refillable mug and that worked out great. No issues at all. Just need to remember that you have to wait 90 seconds before you can refill it. FYI... We loved getting the soft serve ice cream ($4 and they give you a clear plastic "bowl") and making our own root beer floats. So good. I transferred the ice cream to a metal Castaway Club mug and then poured the root beer into that. Kept it ice cold! My daughter just made hers in the refillable mug. Yummy!

Wish the FP+ and MDE were as efficient. Thought I would like not having to run for FP's but NO. This new system did not work for us. Not too worried about it as I know it will be changing in the near future to add more FP's per day.... however, one of our main problems was REMEMBERING when to use them! It's just too easy to get side-tracked by this or that and before you know it, your FP time has come and gone and there's no getting it back. Now you're down to just 2 FPs. Not cool.

I read before I left that WDW was becoming slack with keeping trash picked up. I have to agree on this one. There was one ride where a bunch of trash had accumulated on the inside wall of a loading area. Bottles and such. Not cool.

We did run across a couple of downright rude CM's inside the parks but otherwise every CM we encountered was your typical friendly and helpful Disney CM. I really appreciate them!! There were a couple that rode the elevator down with my DD the morning we left and she said they chatted with her and one helped move her luggage to the front lobby. Wish every CM was like that but people are people. All in all it was a good visit.
Thank you for posting your TR! Overall, it sounds like your stay was good. Do you think you'd book CR for your next stay or will you try another resort? Was this your first stay at CR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecon View Post
Just booked the deluxe garden room for a quick "girls" trip with my sister, niece and daughter. The room looks so unique! We normally stay at the grand floridian so I am looking forward to the change. It's been since 1981 since I've stayed at to he CR!!
Yippee for booking the elusive Deluxe GW room! It is very unique. Will DD get the sleeper?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhyer View Post
My daughter and I are doing a split stay. First part of our trip at POR and second at Contemporary. I'm soooo excited I FINALLY made a decision

Question - I was reading that if you request and pay for a theme park view that it's actually a bit of a crap shoot as to whether or not you actually get a good view or if you are looking at the roof of the convention center.

Just wondering how true that is. What to manage my expectations!
So excited.
DD and I also did a mother/daughter split stay which included CR (twice in one year) and we had a blast. Our favorite Disney room view is of Bay Lake so we always book BLV. If you look out from the TPV rooms then you won't see the parking lot. If you want to be far from the convention center you could request a room on the north end or end closest to the MK. You could also request to be far from the convention center. All those requests should work, but there's no guarantee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilrond View Post
Thanks for the info about the accessibility of the walkways. Am hoping to book a deluxe garden room for my 60th birthday next year.
You're welcome and let us know when you book your birthday trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsBlovesDisney View Post
Just booked an "adult only" trip for this Nov 14-17!!!!

We were down at WDW a couple weeks ago but sadly I BROKE AN ANKLE THE DAY BEFORE WE LEFT!!!! Because we have a son with Autism who eats, sleeps, breaths Disney, we just didn't have the heart to cancel 24 hours in advance. So we went.......and it was difficult.....and even tho I had a scooter I could feel every bump. Plus, I'm non-weight bearing, so I really couldn't transfer to ANY rides . We even came home 3 days early. DS son still had an AWESOME time cuz DH took him everywhere he wanted to go (well, basically he only wants to do the monorail.....which was sadly down 11:30-7..... but, eh, what are you gonna do??). As long as he's happy we're happy...after 5 days of being in the WORLD he was ready and willing to come home!

Anywoo.....while I'm stuck with one leg being elevated for the next month, at least now I have something to look forward to!!
NOOOOOO! That is horrible! But aren't you the trooper for going through with the trip anyway. You must have felt awful, but your DS's happiness must have made up a bit for all your pain. You really do need a do-over vacation so I'm glad you were able to book for November. Is this your first adult trip?
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 06:04 PM   #163
DLBDS
Loves that Sweetened Condensed Milk
 
DLBDS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Central NC
Posts: 5,197

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Thank you for posting your TR! Overall, it sounds like your stay was good. Do you think you'd book CR for your next stay or will you try another resort? Was this your first stay at CR?
Actually, my favorite resort has always been and probably always will be the CR for sentimental reasons going back to childhood. I stayed there once as a child and again more recently in the Garden Wing (free upgrade from POR!). This will probably be my one and only time staying in the tower but only because of the cost (split it with DM). I would stay there every time if I could! My second favorite (and much more affordable) resort is the WL. We all love the atmosphere there and it's my DD's favorite... because it was her first?? Her first WDW visit (and my first visit back as an adult) was perfect... full of pixie dust and magical experiences. We stayed at the WL then.
__________________
March/April 2014 Contemporary (4627 10th Floor MK View)
March/April 2013 Disney Fantasy
(9674)
May 2011 Disney Dream (9674) / Wilderness Lodge (4034 Woods View)
October 2010
Disney Wonder (6598)/Wilderness Lodge (7107 Club Level)/Animal KingdomLodge (4311 Club Level)
February 2009 Port Orleans Riverside (2404 Alligator Bayou) May 2009 Hard Rock Hotel/Swan/DIS Podcast Cruise (Disney Wonder) (6592)
September 2008 Contemporary Resort (5150 Garden Wing)
February 2007 Wilderness Lodge (7044 Club Level) June 2007 Hawthorn Suites (Off Property) October 2007 Wilderness Lodge (7048 Club Level)
Nov/Dec 2006 - Wilderness Lodge (3167 Courtyard)
DLBDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 06:31 PM   #164
jecon
Mouseketeer
 
jecon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 157

Yippee for booking the elusive Deluxe GW room! It is very unique. Will DD get the sleeper?


I am definitely sleeping in the king bed!! The girls (ages 14 and 9) have been warned already they are on the sleeper! I am so excited about this room! We did this on a whim and we are so lucky to get the room we did!!
jecon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 07:52 PM   #165
Grand Admiral
The wand is gone. Now let's get rid of the hat.
 
Grand Admiral's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 264

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJRRK View Post
This only applies to the Queen bedded rooms on the 14th floor (Tower Club) there is no price difference in these rooms.

Regular tower rooms and 12th floor Atrium Club rooms have different prices for Bay Lake View and MK view.

Once upon a time all rooms in the 1-12th floor of the tower were the same price. 14th floor has always been more expensive.
Thank you for explaining that.
__________________
Me: DW: DS(2):
Grand Admiral is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:12 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: