Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2014, 09:43 PM   #1
jwwi
DIS Veteran

CBR vs POP

Search is disabled and I want to hear what you think. 3 adults, 6y/o and 1.5y/o. 4 nights, arriving about 5pm. I can get two rooms at pop for 4 nights, or 2 rooms 3 nights/and then share room 1st night at CBR. Price difference <110.00. I am leaning toward CBR because of the beautiful pools, grounds and larger rooms. I do like POP, but bed size, room size and constant activity of resort have me somewhat concerned. Buses better at POP, but we will have a car, but might split up do to nap schedule. Do you think it will be a hassle to try to get connecting rooms, which will be a big deal with the 1.5y/o napping, if we need to add the room on the second night at CBR. Which resort is better at honoring the request for the connecting room? Please help me decide, I need to cancel one of the reservations by 3/20.
Thanks
jwwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 09:50 PM   #2
Redarrow5150
DIS Veteran

Well the last two visits we stayed at these locations and you pretty much summed it up. If you plan on staying at the parks for the vast majority of the time I would stay at Pop. I wasn't thrilled with how packed the commissary was and would also say the room size really isn't really (IMO) noticeable. I know if I could stay longer versus a shorter stay at a Mod I would choose to stay an extra day. I wouldn't have a problem staying at CBR again but only with a rental car next time. I think if you're also looking to take a lot of pictures POP gives you a lot more photo opps than CBR. The pool was Ok at CBR but nothing really wowed me about it. If you want to soak in the tub after a day at the parks you won't be able to do that at POP.
Redarrow5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-09-2014, 09:51 PM   #3
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwwi View Post
Search is disabled and I want to hear what you think. 3 adults, 6y/o and 1.5y/o. 4 nights, arriving about 5pm. I can get two rooms at pop for 4 nights, or 2 rooms 3 nights/and then share room 1st night at CBR. Price difference <110.00. I am leaning toward CBR because of the beautiful pools, grounds and larger rooms. I do like POP, but bed size, room size and constant activity of resort have me somewhat concerned. Buses better at POP, but we will have a car, but might split up do to nap schedule. Do you think it will be a hassle to try to get connecting rooms, which will be a big deal with the 1.5y/o napping, if we need to add the room on the second night at CBR. Which resort is better at honoring the request for the connecting room? Please help me decide, I need to cancel one of the reservations by 3/20.
Thanks
We've never stayed at Pop, but we loved CBR. We loved the pool, we thought the grounds were beautiful, the food court was great, and we found the buses to be quick and efficient. Connecting rooms are just a request and are not guaranteed, with no one resort having a better chance over another of getting that request granted. With that said, I would go with CBR for a larger room, great pool with a slide, and beautiful relaxing atmosphere.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 09:54 PM   #4
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran

I've never stayed at CBR but I am pretty sure most rooms don't have queen beds yet so bed size would be the same as Pop.

I actually like Pop. I like that even the most remote room isn't too far from the food court.

I wouldn't want to move after first night. Chances are you could stay in the same one room but I wouldn't want to risk that I might have to move and be without a room for much of that day.
Old 03-09-2014, 10:05 PM   #5
HopperFan
"It's a bug-eat-bug world out there, princess. One of those "circle of life" kind of things."

Both resorts have DOUBLE (FULL) sized beds and to me that is the key. Until CBR has queen sized beds it's no better than going to sleep at a value so I would save your money. And if you are talking about one night at CBR with arrival at 5pm, you aren't really getting much value from the resort itself and then the hassle of moving.
2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013 for "COMPLIMENTARY" Dining

Making Magical Visits since 1971 ~ now visiting 5-6 weeks per year ON PROPERTY STAYS & Our Star Rating:
Animal Kingdom Lodge 2x ~ Wilderness Lodge
Coronado Springs 8x (1xBusClass) ~ PO Riverside 5x (1xRoyal) ~ Bonnett Creek ~ PO French Quarter
POP Century 15x ~ Hilton DTD 2x ~ Doubletree Suites DTD 3x ~ B Resort
All Star Movie ~ Wilderness Cabins ~ All Star Sports 3x
Caribbean Beach 2x (1xPirate) ~ All Star Music 2x
Lots of offsite, but somehow it never seems right, 'though Rosen Shingle Creek was luxury I could get used to !
HopperFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 10:21 PM   #6
dansdad
DIS Veteran

We've never stayed at Pop, but CBR is our favorite moderate. If you are only going to be using your room to shower and sleep, then it might not be worth it. But CBR is an awesome resort. It has such a laid back relaxed feel that is such a nice change from the craziness of the parks. We have had great bus service at CBR and the pool is great. There is a really nice splash area that your 6 yr. old would love. You won't have a better chance of getting connecting rooms at either one as it just depends on occupancy and how many people have requested them.
Old 03-09-2014, 10:55 PM   #7
jwwi
DIS Veteran

Wow! Great replies, and very quick too. I might add that the day after we arrive my DD and her family will be attending a Disney Wedding. I am going along to watch the grandchildren. So not having a room that day, if we would have to check out of the first room, would not be too much of a hassle. And I believe that the bell desk would hold our bags, or we could just keep them with us in the car.
The kids live in FL, and I think they would love the splash area of the pool. It has been awhile since I have stayed at either resort, and I have been staying DVC rental. So I'm a little concerned about the return to the value resort. Keep sending the replies, this may be a close call.

Last edited by jwwi; 03-09-2014 at 11:00 PM.
jwwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 11:40 PM   #8
septbaby
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopperFan View Post
Both resorts have DOUBLE (FULL) sized beds and to me that is the key. Until CBR has queen sized beds it's no better than going to sleep at a value so I would save your money. And if you are talking about one night at CBR with arrival at 5pm, you aren't really getting much value from the resort itself and then the hassle of moving.
I couldn't disagree more that CBR is no better than Pop, I've stayed at both and to me there is a world of difference and I perfer CBR. While the bed sizes are the same the room at CBR is noticeably larger (spec sheets gives the sq ft). At CBR you have a privacy curtain for the roomier closet/sink area and a refrigerator is standard in the room. Your little ones are the absolutely perfect age for the CBR Pirate themed kiddie pool. If you can try it for a night at least you know for future trips if you'd prefer that arrangement.

If your group could stay in the same room for the duration you may want to also consider Coronado Springs. It has some of the same features as CBR, but with Queen beds. That arrangement may cost less than two rooms at Pop, but sharing a room may not be the ideal set up for your group. Both CBR and CSR offer this option (pack n play provided for the toddler), but bigger beds at CSR.
septbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 11:56 PM   #9
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by septbaby View Post
At CBR you have a privacy curtain for the roomier closet/sink area and a refrigerator is standard in the room.
Pop has privacy curtain & fridge.

CBR would have coffee maker in room, table service restaurant and slide at feature pool.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: