Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2014, 04:48 PM   #1
jimandami
DIS Veteran

Teeny, tiny rant

First, obviously, this is not a huge deal at all and I love WDW and always will, but it is no wonder people have a difficult time with their trips, especially those who don't know about the Dis! Just called the direct number for Pop (now, is that really a direct number...I don't know!) to request a king bed for our stay Sunday. CM says, "That is a booking category, not a request. You cannot request that." I insist that it is not a booking category at Pop but is at some other resorts. She argues and argues until I politely say I am certain. She gets someone else and what do you know, request made. Now, in no way does this negatively impact my trip, but I just don't get why they can't train CMs who are answering the phone more adequately??
jimandami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 06:18 PM   #2
ancestry
Trees Without Roots Fall Over

Understand what you are saying and I agree. There are many times I have been more knowledgeable about certain things than those I spoke with on the phone.

FYI - The number still would have went to a call center. It wasn't the staff at POP that you were speaking with.
Register to remove

Old 03-07-2014, 08:43 PM   #3
jperrot1
DIS Veteran

Now imagine this............ The only job requirement for WDW call center cast members is to have 2000 or more posts on the Dis board. Now, that would take care of the problem you bring up. Right? I love this board, and the knowledge I receive from all of you
jperrot1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 09:51 PM   #4
pepe of ohio
DIS Veteran

Location: Hubbard, Ohio, northeast Ohio 7 miles from Pa. border

You have to realize, the dis board is not the know all and see all about WDW...I've witnessed tons of bad info from guests on these boards...

DIS Dads Club Member

Last edited by pepe of ohio; 03-14-2014 at 05:01 PM.
pepe of ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 09:55 PM   #5
redrosesix
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimandami View Post
First, obviously, this is not a huge deal at all and I love WDW and always will, but it is no wonder people have a difficult time with their trips, especially those who don't know about the Dis! Just called the direct number for Pop (now, is that really a direct number...I don't know!) to request a king bed for our stay Sunday. CM says, "That is a booking category, not a request. You cannot request that." I insist that it is not a booking category at Pop but is at some other resorts. She argues and argues until I politely say I am certain. She gets someone else and what do you know, request made. Now, in no way does this negatively impact my trip, but I just don't get why they can't train CMs who are answering the phone more adequately??
No, I don't think so. There have been times I called the "front desk" and had to be put through to the actual front desk.

I'm happy you held your ground. And this is a good example of why you shouldn't believe everything you hear over the phone.

Feb. 2008 All Star Music Feb. 2009 All Star Music Feb. 2010 Cypress Pointe Resort and All Star Music Feb. 2011 Cypress Pointe Resort and All Star Music Feb. 2012 Pop Pop Pop and All Star Music Feb. 2013 AoA, ASMusic and off-site with our team Feb. 2014 ASMusic and Cypress Pointe Resort Feb. 2015 Cypress Pointe Resort, US Cabana Bay and All Stars for Twirlmania
redrosesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 11:56 PM   #6
POOHsie
DIS Veteran

OP, your comments are true. I've had a num-nutz conversation like you had. After the first time I found out I was right but I had let the phone CM prevail, I learned to call back because I'll get another CM on the phone, and usually one who knows what I'm talking about. The time I let the CM have her way involved who was qualified for a military discount room. CM said the military person had to be in the resort group. My DH wasn't going. So I let it go and didn't get the discount. Cost a few hundred. Found out the CM was wrong, now that won't happen again.
Old 03-08-2014, 12:10 AM   #7
jmail048
Mouseketeer

Quote:
probably not talking to the hotel but to central call center maybe not even on site...
Old 03-08-2014, 05:20 AM   #8
jimandami
DIS Veteran

Thanks guys! As I said, it's not a huge deal, but gets frustrating!
jimandami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 10:24 AM   #9
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It's sad how much incorrect information is given out by CRO CMs. Also, as others have said, the number you called associated with Pop did not go to the Pop front desk, but rather a call center (and most likely you were talking someone not even located in Florida). They answer as if they are at that particular resort, but all calls to any of the resort numbers are routed to call centers.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 10:43 AM   #10
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

Part of the problem, I believe, is that there is just too much information and too many variables with any aspect of Disney to train a CM in each and ever scenario. I absolutely agree with the OP that this does not make it ok, but I'm not sure I see any way around it. I have phone Disney on many occasions to make a change or add something to my reservation and there was no question whatsoever that the CM was reading answers to me, and not telling me from his or her own knowledge.
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 11:07 AM   #11
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

You should call central reservations or whoever you made your reservation with (travel agent?) to make a request.
Old 03-08-2014, 01:21 PM   #12
myzel
Mouseketeer

I am not 100% sure but I think all the King rooms at POP are HA, not a big deal to me and we have stayed there but if you want a tub this could be an issue.
myzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 01:38 PM   #13
Redarrow5150
DIS Veteran

Sorry but not everyone knows every single aspect of their jobs. I understand getting annoyed but perhaps you helped someone do their job better next time.

Quote:
Redarrow5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 01:52 PM   #14
SteveMouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by myzel View Post
I am not 100% sure but I think all the King rooms at POP are HA, not a big deal to me and we have stayed there but if you want a tub this could be an issue.
If they are, then it is a booking category, as there are modifications that are simply required by some disabled individuals- think an accessible toilet or alarms for people with hearing impairments).
SteveMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 02:11 PM   #15
KrazeeK120
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by myzel View Post
No, they aren't. I stayed in a non-HA king bed room at Pop in January 2013 (it was room number 2222 in the 50's section).

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: