Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2014, 11:43 AM   #61
ScrapYap
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakiraMarlena View Post
I think what they are saying is to purchase your park tickets separately. Not as part of a package with the room.

Works great, unless you want a dining plan or a discount that applies only to packages, like free dining.

Are not all bands assigned to you linked to one account? Is the suggestion regarding having multiple accounts? Using different sets of bands makes no sense to me. All the bands read the same thing.
You can add the dining plan to your resort reservation without park tickets. By the way, a glitch that actually works in favor of guests is the fact that the dining plan will give you refillable mugs that work for two weeks. When you use the mug, the screen will tell you on what date the mugs will stop working. With even a one night stay on the dining plan, you get two weeks with a mug. This is how the system works. So work the system and have your dining plan night at the beginning of your stay and use the mug for the whole stay. The mugs work at any resort. And you can pick up your mug with your MB at any resort.

We haven't done free dining (since it's not really free -- you pay through the nose with higher resort rates), so I don't know if that requires park tickets. I don't know why it would.

And using a different set of MBs in order to park hop only works because the resort reservations were made with different MDEs and none are linked to tickets. This is a loophole that will be closed at some point, surely. But this is how it works now.

Last edited by ScrapYap; 03-07-2014 at 11:49 AM.
ScrapYap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 11:47 AM   #62
ScrapYap
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisIsMyName View Post
We were told we always had to pick 3 even if we didn't want it. I don't think changing your Tier 1 choice would show different options than picking a new one to start. . that doesn't make sense. It may be that picking a new time to start doesn't conflict with other time choices that's why you have less options.

It seemed to us the availability just chages very quickly. You can overlap times within your group as well (just not same ticket) so I don't see why a single, non grouped ticket would show different options than rebooking 1 rider within your group.

I'd just wait the 1 hour for Toy Story ride over checking back a bunch of times of an opening. . We liked the singing Mr. Potato Head!

If there are no top tier attractions available at the moment you arrive at the Studios kiosks, you will only be offered two FPs (both low tier). If you go back later to try to add a top tier FP (if one has become available), you won't be able to (regardless of availability issues). However, if you make no FPs at all on arrival (when you see that you can only get two), you can go back later and may be offered three (with a top tier that became available). It doesn't make sense. But that's the glitch.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-07-2014, 11:48 AM   #63
MakiraMarlena
It's a big black fish to you

Quote:
You can add the dining plan to your resort reservation without park tickets.
Only if you have an annual pass, are military, a DVC member, or pay full price for the room. Word is that they are now offering this option to anyone, but not with discounts.

Free dining requires a package with at least 2 day park tickets. You could always just get the 2 days and buy more.
MakiraMarlena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 11:49 AM   #64
ThisIsMyName
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I think what they are saying is to purchase your park tickets separately. Not as part of a package with the room.

Works great, unless you want a dining plan or a discount that applies only to packages, like free dining.

Are not all bands assigned to you linked to one account? Is the suggestion regarding having multiple accounts? (Edited now that I see the OP is indeed suggesting having multiple MDX accounts and multiple park tickets)

I take it this suggestion is to pass off your children up to age 5 as two year olds, because they won't ask. Not sure I'd recommend that.
I was joking about the age thing. . my point is with FP+ it adds another element of bonus for having an under 3. They don't need FP+ to ride. I think some people are honest enough to buy the ticket for the 4 year old but don't see the harm of abusing the FP+ system. We were able to use a left over single FP+ to take our 2 year old (really 2 year old) on things.
ThisIsMyName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 11:52 AM   #65
ThisIsMyName
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrapYap View Post
If there are no top tier attractions available at the moment you arrive at the Studios kiosks, you will only be offered two FPs (both low tier). If you go back later to try to add a top tier FP (if one has become available), you won't be able to (regardless of availability issues). However, if you make no FPs at all on arrival (when you see that you can only get two), you can go back later and may be offered three (with a top tier that became available). It doesn't make sense. But that's the glitch.
The Beauty & the Beast and Fantasmic ones were all booked? They are both Tier 1.
ThisIsMyName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 12:02 PM   #66
Raenstoirm
BL6 Team Challenge Tracker
Lets go get me your numbers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lions1995 View Post
You do realize you are talking about disney IT. It will take them a while to even understand the issue. I wonder if any of them have ever been to a disney park.
We yes! . But IT is directly "in" this system right now making changes every day. At some point it won't be such a "thing" and they will just let it sit with all sorts of errors (like the consistently wrong park hours pages)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugnut33 View Post

Also, going forward, a person could buy two sets of tickets and set up two independent MDE accounts, and get two sets of bands. That way they could always have two sets of FP+ that could be setup in advance. Like I said, you use one set of bands to enter, leave, and re-enter using the other set. Boom, you just doubled your FP+. Is it expensive? Yes, but if you're already paying 10K for a trip then what's another $500. Your time is worth money also, so standing in line is a losing proposition.
That is very doable if you can stomach putting out the bucks. Its not just $500 though. $500 gets you a single day in the park for the average family. If the rumors hold though, Disney will be changing for fastpasses soon enough. Each additional FP+ will cost $100 a week per person.

Quote:
You can add the dining plan to your resort reservation without park tickets.
Not at the moment. You must have a package to add the dining plan (or a special ticket such as an AP). That is one of the "perks" of an AP or DVC...the ability to book dining without buying a package.

Trying to stay at every resort, but we are creatures of habit!
Caribbean Beach/Riverside/Wilderness Lodge/All Star Movies/Beach Club/Contemporary

Raenstoirm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 12:13 PM   #67
ScrapYap
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raenstoirm View Post
You must have a package to add the dining plan (or a special ticket such as an AP). That is one of the "perks" of an AP or DVC...the ability to book dining without buying a package.
I hadn't realized that. We've been AP for decades.
Old 03-07-2014, 12:46 PM   #68
mefordis
Imitation: the sincerest form of flattery

Disney should actually pay you for performing a QA service. Glad you aren't afraid of the flamers!

Quote:
Free speech is a great thing, and it's great that the DIS is a place where people can exchange ideas and information about the way things work at Disney. This is the way things work right now. Disney already knows it. They'll probably change it.

Kohls knows that people don't really have a 30% off coupon when they go to the check out and say they'd like to use the 30% off coupon but don't have it with them. They give you the 30% off anyway. Kohls knows that people are working the system -- but they are getting those people to spend money. Just like Disney is getting us to spend our money there.

We are all entitled to our opinions. It's important that information can be shared. And it's sad when people are afraid to talk about things because others will become angry.

Oct 2013 Boardwalk Villas
Aug 2010 Wilderness Lodge
May 2009 DLR Grand Californian
April 2008 POFQ
Aug 2007 - Condo
May 2007 Yacht Club
Sept 2006 CSR/POR
mefordis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 01:02 PM   #69
ScrapYap
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisIsMyName View Post
The Beauty & the Beast and Fantasmic ones were all booked? They are both Tier 1.
The kiosk tablets said that all top tier FPs were unavailable. It was a busy day -- but there are only busy days now that they've started the marathons and other ways of bringing in the crowds during what used to be slow times. We were offered only two FPs (without a top tier). I don't think you can choose to restrict yourself to only two (not that there would be a reason to do so). If there are three, you will be given three. But if the top tier are gone, you'll only get two.
Old 03-07-2014, 01:05 PM   #70
ScrapYap
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mefordis View Post
Disney should actually pay you for performing a QA service. Glad you aren't afraid of the flamers!
The real shame is when threads need to be locked down because of intolerant postings. We should all be tolerant of each other and offer differing opinions with respect. That way, free speech could reign -- rather than either fear or flames.
Old 03-07-2014, 01:08 PM   #71
frozengurl
Mouseketeer

I'm so confused! I had to link my AP to MDX to prove I had tix to even select FP+! I do have MB from my October trip and 3 more scheduled for April, May, and again in October! How would I use all those to get extra FP?
Also, I can make FP ressies everyday for 60 days even if I'm not planning on going to the parks... I guess bc of AP
frozengurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 01:08 PM   #72
ScrapYap
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Free dining requires a package with at least 2 day park tickets. You could always just get the 2 days and buy more.
That right there would be enough motivation for me to become an AP holder. We love dining plan on a one night stay -- we spread the credits by sharing counter service to provide two days worth of food with one night of credits. (Using a snack credit to buy something for breakfast. A $4.99 item, of course!)

***Note that you cannot add the dining plan to just one night of a multi-day resort reservation. But you can get the dining plan added to a *one night stay* if you have AP or DVC.

Last edited by ScrapYap; 03-08-2014 at 01:31 AM.
ScrapYap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 01:13 PM   #73
MinniesYooHoo
With the cows and the chickens, they all sound like the dickens when I hear my little Minnie...YOO HOO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raenstoirm View Post
Not at the moment. You must have a package to add the dining plan (or a special ticket such as an AP). That is one of the "perks" of an AP or DVC...the ability to book dining without buying a package.
We only ever book "room only" with the military discount (not a package) and we add the Dining plan every time.

I've been Boo'd!!!
Me DH DD(9) Granny: G-Daddy: Charlotte Mr. Tanner(The closest we could get to a hamster!)
MinniesYooHoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 01:13 PM   #74
FlipHipster
Blackbelt in Mixed Martial Arts and Crafts

Quote:
The real shame is when threads need to be locked down because of intolerant postings. We should all be tolerant of each other and offer differing opinions with respect. That way, free speech could reign -- rather than either fear or flames.
Well said

In just a few short months there are going to be thousands of people (kids) with their new iphones and MB's walking around the parks trying to figure out how to get more FP. If anyone at Disney thinks these are isolated incidents they are kidding themselves. It is the future and they created it. Technology is cool but it isn't a freebie you better know what you are implementing.

Don't hate the playa, hate the game
FlipHipster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 01:16 PM   #75
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinniesYooHoo View Post
We only ever book "room only" with the military discount (not a package) and we add the Dining plan every time.
If you added the dining plan, it was a package. A ticketless package, but a package nonetheless.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: