Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2014, 08:31 AM   #421
trstno1
I never look back, darling. It detracts from the now.

Thanks for that clarification, taiko225. Can I ask you another question? After you have obtained all of your FP+, can you change the FP+ on your mobile device for both bands, including the band that is not linked to a ticket?
3/2010 - offsite
3/2008 - Disney Wonder, Port Orleans Riverside
1/2007 - Saratoga Springs
2/2005 - offsite
5/2004 - Marriott's Grande Vista
12/2002 - Marriott's Cyprus Harbour
12/1986 - camped offsite
trstno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 03:02 AM   #422
taiko225
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by trstno1 View Post
Thanks for that clarification, taiko225. Can I ask you another question? After you have obtained all of your FP+, can you change the FP+ on your mobile device for both bands, including the band that is not linked to a ticket?
No, you cannot. Coz one of the band has no ticket linked. It will create an error there. But if you book the no ticket band one and do not manipulate it on the app to trigger the ticket checking. You can still change your other band's FP which have tickets on it. If you need to change the dummy band's FP, you will have to go to Kiosk.
taiko225 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-27-2014, 02:32 PM   #423
trstno1
I never look back, darling. It detracts from the now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taiko225 View Post
No, you cannot. Coz one of the band has no ticket linked. It will create an error there. But if you book the no ticket band one and do not manipulate it on the app to trigger the ticket checking. You can still change your other band's FP which have tickets on it. If you need to change the dummy band's FP, you will have to go to Kiosk.
Thanks again!
3/2010 - offsite
3/2008 - Disney Wonder, Port Orleans Riverside
1/2007 - Saratoga Springs
2/2005 - offsite
5/2004 - Marriott's Grande Vista
12/2002 - Marriott's Cyprus Harbour
12/1986 - camped offsite
trstno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 01:58 PM   #424
redsox25
enjoying the ride

I have an upcoming trip in November and have linked my magic bands to MDE. I am going to use my magic bands for my 3 advance fast passes. Would I be able to use my mother and fathers magic bands from a past trip (6 months ago) for the kiosk fast passes ? Her magic bands are linked to a different MDE and the tickets are expired. Would disney recognize that my mother and father are not on property and the bands won't work ? Or would I be able to use the bands to receive an additional 3 more fast passes at kiosks? My boyfriend would use my fathers band and I would use my mothers... Any thoughts?!
redsox25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 02:55 PM   #425
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox25 View Post
I have an upcoming trip in November and have linked my magic bands to MDE. I am going to use my magic bands for my 3 advance fast passes. Would I be able to use my mother and fathers magic bands from a past trip (6 months ago) for the kiosk fast passes ? Her magic bands are linked to a different MDE and the tickets are expired. Would disney recognize that my mother and father are not on property and the bands won't work ? Or would I be able to use the bands to receive an additional 3 more fast passes at kiosks? My boyfriend would use my fathers band and I would use my mothers... Any thoughts?!
If the tickets are expired, I am doubtful you can use them to reserve FPs.
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 12:00 AM   #426
ScrapYap
Mouseketeer

Quote:
You can use your parents bands for same day FP+ at the kiosks. The bands don't have to have been used to enter the parks in order to be used at kiosks. (Though that day will certainly come.) Those bands will stay activated (unless they are deactivated by you or your parents on their MDE) until the batteries wear out (two years).

You obviously won't be able to get FP+ in advance with your parents bands. And you won't be able to change the kiosk-made FP+ on the app. But they will work at the kiosks.

Be sure to stop at the kiosks first thing upon arrival, in case lines at the kiosks build (as they do later in the day).
Old 08-29-2014, 11:05 AM   #427
kalliyan1
DIS Veteran

4 of us went to Disney in March we did a split stay at 3 resorts so we each have 3 sets of MB under the same MDE account that all still show up as active. Only one set had tix linked to them

7 of us are going in Dec. I made a reservation with tix under a new MDE account.

Here are my questions:

1. I can prebook (60 days out)FP+ with the tix that I booked for Dec correct?

2 The MB that I have from the march trip, 12 total, can I use all 12 of those for SDFP or only 4(1 from each person) because they were all under the same MDE account......assuming this still works in Dec of course

3. Any other suggestions/tips anyone can provide?

Thanks for the help
kalliyan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 02:39 PM   #428
redsox25
enjoying the ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrapYap View Post
You can use your parents bands for same day FP+ at the kiosks. The bands don't have to have been used to enter the parks in order to be used at kiosks. (Though that day will certainly come.) Those bands will stay activated (unless they are deactivated by you or your parents on their MDE) until the batteries wear out (two years).

You obviously won't be able to get FP+ in advance with your parents bands. And you won't be able to change the kiosk-made FP+ on the app. But they will work at the kiosks.

Be sure to stop at the kiosks first thing upon arrival, in case lines at the kiosks build (as they do later in the day).
Thanks so much for the info! I hope this works in a few months.. It will save a lot of time in the parks!!
Old 08-29-2014, 09:24 PM   #429
taiko225
Earning My Ears

Additional tips for using the dummy bands for day of FP. Make sure you know where are the rides are and get the nearest as possible. Coz I was having 1 set of pre-book FP, 1 dummy band and 1 comp RFID ticket. So 3 sets of FP, the time slot might overlap the other sets. I found myself busy running around to catchup all those booked FP. And by 7pm I am too tired to keep on chasing FP and went to the Kiosk to change the time.

Multiple bands only beneficial in MK (personal opinion). Other parks, you will find yourself having duplicate FP of the same ride, unless that is what you wanted.

In Epcot the FP line is way longer than single rider, I actually gave up my pre-booked FP for that, as I am on my solo trip, I got every right to go for single rider. Rode twice with 1mins time.

AK if you go early, no wait for EE as well, single rider works well too.

Only tricky park is DHS. TSM and RnR and ToT normally run out of early FP... Day of FP normally starts after 5pm.

Solely my experience. Hopefully it would be some use for some of you!! Have a nice trip everyone.
Old 08-29-2014, 10:21 PM   #430
redsox25
enjoying the ride

Quote:

Multiple bands only beneficial in MK (personal opinion). Other parks, you will find yourself having duplicate FP of the same ride, unless that is what you wanted.
This is exactly why I want to use my moms magic band as a dummy. I have been 16 times and know that the old fast pass system made for a lot of running around MK. Hopefully with two magic bands we can make them work for us and hit up a lot of rides in little time in MK.
Old 08-30-2014, 12:54 AM   #431
taiko225
Earning My Ears

Quote:
This is exactly why I want to use my moms magic band as a dummy. I have been 16 times and know that the old fast pass system made for a lot of running around MK. Hopefully with two magic bands we can make them work for us and hit up a lot of rides in little time in MK.
I would suggest, time each FP as 30mins. As FP does not guarantee no wait. Test Track is a good example. The queue for FP is longer it might take up to 30-40 mins but of course still better than stand-by.

And if you see long queue for FP return line. Just go in, it normally moves very fast.
Old 09-01-2014, 11:21 AM   #432
ScrapYap
Mouseketeer

Just to clarify -- if you linked one set of bands and the other bands were on the same MDE (under the same guest names), then all bands are linked to your tickets.

Is your new MDE linked to the same tix as from March? I would guess that the MDE system would identify those tix as already linked to another MDE -- but have never tried anything like that. In that case, the new MBs are going to be the same account as the old MBs. Hopefully they are new tix, which will give you two sets of MBs.

You can prebook 60 days out with your new reservation.

You'll only get 1 set of SDFP+ from your March reservation (providing the tix are different). Cruise around your MDE and look at the MBs. If a guest's name was slightly different (Joseph vs. Joe), then that guest will show up as two separate people and only one of them will have linked tix. (So their unlinked alias would work for SDFP+.)

You could get one dummy MB by adding a child's name to your room that has only 3 people -- but that's only one MB, so not much use and not worth the effort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalliyan1 View Post
4 of us went to Disney in March we did a split stay at 3 resorts so we each have 3 sets of MB under the same MDE account that all still show up as active. Only one set had tix linked to them

7 of us are going in Dec. I made a reservation with tix under a new MDE account.

Here are my questions:

1. I can prebook (60 days out)FP+ with the tix that I booked for Dec correct?

2 The MB that I have from the march trip, 12 total, can I use all 12 of those for SDFP or only 4(1 from each person) because they were all under the same MDE account......assuming this still works in Dec of course

3. Any other suggestions/tips anyone can provide?

Thanks for the help
Old 09-01-2014, 11:39 AM   #433
ScrapYap
Mouseketeer

General FP+ Tips

Generally people take a photo of the SDFP+ screen, but we found it difficult scrolling back to compare a photo to the FP+ on the app, etc.

The easiest thing is to write your advance FP+ on a piece of paper. Take it to the SDFP+ kiosks with your extra (unlinked) MBs and choose SDFP+ that are geographically compatible with the set on the paper -- and write down the new times on the paper. If you have more than one set of extra (unlinked) MBs, then have two copies of the piece of paper. Two different people in your party can go up and make the SDFP+. Occasionally they'll end up with duplicate attractions, which you can go back and change.

You'll want to have your bands clearly marked. We had all the bands of any one set in one color. So we had a set of SDFP+ for the red bands, another set of SDFP+ for the blue bands. If the bands from a set are different colors, use a large Sharpie to write a number on the outside - so you immediately know if you're using set #1 or set #2. I kept each set locked together with one of the bands looped around the other bands. Distribute them to your party as you arrive at the attractions, and collect them at the exit.

When you write the SDFP+ times on the paper, don't forget to mark SET ONE or RED BANDS or whatever next to the new times, so you will know right away which bands you need for which attraction.

The extra bands are definitely most useful at the MK. However, people change their plans all the time (literally by the minute) -- so you can alter your advance FP+ on the MDE app. (Remember you can't change the SDFP+ on the app. And multiple visits to the kiosk may not be practical, if lines are long.)

One thing is the same as it's been since the MK opened -- arrive at opening for the pleasantest way to ride the maximum number of attractions -- without any FP.

Since this is the case, be sure not to make any FP+ (advance or SDFP) for earlier than 10:30 or even later. They will be wasted, since the lines are that short.

Quote:
Additional tips for using the dummy bands for day of FP. Make sure you know where are the rides are and get the nearest as possible. Coz I was having 1 set of pre-book FP, 1 dummy band and 1 comp RFID ticket. So 3 sets of FP, the time slot might overlap the other sets. I found myself busy running around to catchup all those booked FP. And by 7pm I am too tired to keep on chasing FP and went to the Kiosk to change the time.

In Epcot the FP line is way longer than single rider, I actually gave up my pre-booked FP for that, as I am on my solo trip, I got every right to go for single rider. Rode twice with 1mins time.

AK if you go early, no wait for EE as well, single rider works well too.

Only tricky park is DHS. TSM and RnR and ToT normally run out of early FP... Day of FP normally starts after 5pm.

Solely my experience. Hopefully it would be some use for some of you!! Have a nice trip everyone.
Old 09-01-2014, 04:58 PM   #434
Mommy2Corinne
Mouseketeer

This thread is so incredibly useful. Thank you! We have an extra set of unlinked bands that we will be using on our trip in a few days. I have sort of a random question.

We have MM+ which is obviously attached to our current resort/ticket bands. If we use our extra unlinked bands to enter the ride using SDFP+, can we still leave our current resort/ticket bands on our wrists when we ride MM+ enabled rides so that we can get ride photos on our current MDE account? Will CMs look at us funny if we enter with other bands on our wrists? Should we try to shove one of the sets of bands into our pockets first? Once on the ride, will the sensors be confused as to where to put our photos (i.e. which account)? Will the sensors capture both sets of bands and then figure out what we are doing so that we will get tossed in Disney jail? Do any of my questions make sense?
DD (10)
DD (4)
DS (2)
Mommy2Corinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 05:03 PM   #435
LaurenT
DIS Veteran

Two questions:
1. If my DH and DD have MBs and APs linked to them but are not coming with me for my solo birthday trip, can I book FPs for them at the 30 day window and use their MBs myself while at the park?
2. If i can do this, would doing it be breaking any rules? They do have APs and are entitled to have FP's for a week at a time.... It would be the same thing as DH pulling an old legacy FP and then giving it to me because he wanted to go back to the room... Right? Or am I just convincing myself it's ok because I really want 9 FP's per day?

Just me and the mouse! Nov 2014 POFQ
Mommy and Me trip! April 2015 offsite
The Whole Gang Aug 2015 AKL
LaurenT is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: