Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2014, 01:17 PM   #271
ScrapYap
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckelly14 View Post
All the MB's will be linked to the same MDE account, so they will not offer any FP advantage over having just one. I also wouldn't say people get 3 FP+ per park per day, just 3 per day period. However, when those are used, another FP become available.
Right - at this point, you can't use the MagicBands in more than one park a day. If you really want to park hop, you could consider rebooking one of your resort stays -- under a different MDE. Then you would link only the original MDE to you tickets (so you can get advance FP+). You would use the bands from the separate reservation in the park to which you hop (with no advance FP+). If hopping is important, it might be worth the effort. But it's also a lot of trouble. And it's also possible that Disney may have expanded the policy by September to allow for hopping. I bet they do.

Last edited by ScrapYap; 05-01-2014 at 01:32 PM.
ScrapYap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 01:26 PM   #272
ckelly14
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrapYap View Post
Right - at this point, you can't use the MagicBands in one park a day. If you really want to park hop, you could consider rebooking one of your resort stays -- under a different MDE. Then you would link only the original MDE to you tickets (so you can get advance FP+). You would use the bands from the separate reservation in the park to which you hop (with no advance FP+). If hopping is important, it might be worth the effort. But it's also a lot of trouble. And it's also possible that Disney may have expanded the policy by September to allow for hopping. I bet they do.
I don't think you'll see Disney "allow for hopping" any more then they are doing right now. Are you thinking they will allow more than 3 FP+ reservations if you buy a park hopper?

Has anyone figured out a way to deactivate a MB from one MDE account and add it to another?
ckelly14 is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-03-2014, 01:50 AM   #273
Carrie in AZ
DIS Veteran

Please let me know if this scenario would work:

DH and I are going on an adults only trip in November. We could add our two girls to our on site, room only reservation, so Disney would send us four MBs. Is this correct? We could buy tickets for both of us adults which we have not yet done. We could link them to our MDE so that we can make advanced FP+ prior to our trip. Could we then bring our two DDs MBs who will not be with us and will not have tickets into the parks with us and use their MBs to make FPs at the kiosks in the park?

Anyone? Thank you!!
July 2013 Aulani
June 2012 - GCH July 2012 - Aulani
June 2011 - CR/BCV
Thanksgiving 2010 - Disneyland
Nov 2009 - CR/Poly Oct 2009 - GCH Nov 2008 - BC
June 2008 - GCH Oct 2007 - DLH
Nov 2006 - POR June 2004 - DLH
Apr 2002 - POR Nov 1999 - Dixie Landings
Carrie in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 05:51 AM   #274
ckelly14
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie in AZ View Post

DH and I are going on an adults only trip in November. We could add our two girls to our on site, room only reservation, so Disney would send us four MBs. Is this correct? We could buy tickets for both of us adults which we have not yet done. We could link them to our MDE so that we can make advanced FP+ prior to our trip. Could we then bring our two DDs MBs who will not be with us and will not have tickets into the parks with us and use their MBs to make FPs at the kiosks in the park?

Anyone? Thank you!!
This will not work. All the MB's are on the same MDE account, even though two are not linked to tickets. However, there may be a way you can take advantage. Create a separate MDE account (use your husband's email) for your tickets and pre-book FP+ 30 days ahead with that. Keep all tickets off your hotel reservation MDE accounts and use those magic bands for same day FP+.

Personally, the only place I would really like more MB's is MK, since I had to give up my A&E meet and greet FP+ for the Seven Dwarfs, but not a big sacrifice. Also, by November there may be "rolling FP+" which you can book a 4th as soon as you use your 1st, and maybe they close this loophole. Not worth it IMO.

Have fun!
Old 05-03-2014, 06:20 AM   #275
mommycrawford
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew64 View Post
You drop your child off at a kiosk, and pick a new one that you like instead - you also have the option of trading them for 2 bonus FP+, but only after using your first 3.

You can later return the new child for a new swap, but only at the same park.

Thank you!...I really needed a laugh!
Old 05-03-2014, 07:27 AM   #276
BuckeyeBama
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Anyone? Thank you!!
If you buy 1 or 2 day tickets for your two children in this scenario, you could link them in MDE, use them to pre-book FP+ 1 or 2 days at a time and use their FP+ without using the tickets to enter the parks. Save the tickets for a future trip.
BuckeyeBama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 01:53 PM   #277
ckelly14
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeBama View Post
If you buy 1 or 2 day tickets for your two children in this scenario, you could link them in MDE, use them to pre-book FP+ 1 or 2 days at a time and use their FP+ without using the tickets to enter the parks. Save the tickets for a future trip.
Will this work?
Old 05-03-2014, 02:00 PM   #278
Itinkso
Faith.Trust.Pixie Dust

Quote:
Will this work?
Yes, it does. At the Fp+ tapstile, it just accesses the Fp+ data in your MDE. Ticket usage to enter a park has nothing to do with Fp+ right now...
WDW 6/14 - Off-site; 2/14 - AoA; 12/13 - Off-site; 1/13 - AKL; 10/12 - Pop; 4/12 - Off-site; 11/10 - BWI CL; 8/10 - POR; 7/09 - POFQ; 4/04 - ASMo; 2/97 - CBR ~ DLP 7/2012 ~ DLR - Mother Ship ~ August 6, 2005 - Magical Cruise of the Mexican Riviera ~ Sept. 29, 2012 Fantasy Western Caribbean
Itinkso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 12:33 PM   #279
ScrapYap
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Anyone? Thank you!!

Quote:
This will not work. All the MB's are on the same MDE account, even though two are not linked to tickets. However, there may be a way you can take advantage. Create a separate MDE account (use your husband's email) for your tickets and pre-book FP+ 30 days ahead with that. Keep all tickets off your hotel reservation MDE accounts and use those magic bands for same day FP+.

Personally, the only place I would really like more MB's is MK, since I had to give up my A&E meet and greet FP+ for the Seven Dwarfs, but not a big sacrifice. Also, by November there may be "rolling FP+" which you can book a 4th as soon as you use your 1st, and maybe they close this loophole. Not worth it IMO.

Have fun!
C Kelly - do you think the proposed scenario wouldn't work because the MDE would require tickets for all four guests on the reservation in order to pre-assign FP+ to any guest on the MDE?

I would have guessed that it would work -- that the MDE would allow any guest on the reservation *with an attached ticket* to select FP+ in advance (even if two of the guests - the kids - have no tickets attached and therefore those two can't get FP+ in advance). So she could get two sets in advance. Then use the other two MBs (for the kids who won't be there) at the kiosks same-day. That would work unless Disney starts requiring the bands to be used at the entrance before they'll function at the kiosks. That way, the two of them would have two sets of FP+ each.

If they created a new MDE for the tickets, those two guests could each get a set of FP+ in advance. Then they could use the four MBs at the kiosks - each getting two more sets of FP+. May or may not be worth the trouble.
Old 05-04-2014, 12:35 PM   #280
ScrapYap
Mouseketeer

Quote:
There's some long range strategic planning!
Old 05-04-2014, 02:05 PM   #281
ckelly14
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrapYap View Post
C Kelly - do you think the proposed scenario wouldn't work because the MDE would require tickets for all four guests on the reservation in order to pre-assign FP+ to any guest on the MDE? I would have guessed that it would work -- that the MDE would allow any guest on the reservation *with an attached ticket* to select FP+ in advance (even if two of the guests - the kids - have no tickets attached and therefore those two can't get FP+ in advance). So she could get two sets in advance. Then use the other two MBs (for the kids who won't be there) at the kiosks same-day. That would work unless Disney starts requiring the bands to be used at the entrance before they'll function at the kiosks. That way, the two of them would have two sets of FP+ each. If they created a new MDE for the tickets, those two guests could each get a set of FP+ in advance. Then they could use the four MBs at the kiosks - each getting two more sets of FP+. May or may not be worth the trouble.

I actually think this should work. Great idea.
Old 05-04-2014, 05:37 PM   #282
ScrapYap
Mouseketeer

Quote:
This could also be a great use for those old non-expiring tickets some of us have kicking around with just one day left. Until Disney requires that the linked ticket be used for admission!
Old 05-04-2014, 07:43 PM   #283
Gryhndmom
Coast to Coast 2013....PHM and DL Half

At WDW right now and as of this week...they are not requiring magic bands be used to enter the park. I used my ticket to enter park, then used MB and ticket at kiosk to get two sets of fp's. Old mb's will also get you another set of fp's. Have another MB with a ticket attached to it so I can utilize the FP+ on mde.
Gryhndmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 09:03 PM   #284
audrey2580
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryhndmom View Post
At WDW right now and as of this week...they are not requiring magic bands be used to enter the park. I used my ticket to enter park, then used MB and ticket at kiosk to get two sets of fp's. Old mb's will also get you another set of fp's. Have another MB with a ticket attached to it so I can utilize the FP+ on mde.
Awesome thanks for the updat
audrey2580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 09:25 PM   #285
Carrie in AZ
DIS Veteran

Thanks for your replies! So, I am confused by what I should do LOL. Please tell me if this is correct.....

I will add our two DDs to our room only reservstion even though they won't join us. We will receive four MBs from Disney. I will create a new acct with all four of our names on this new acct and link our two tickets to this new acct. I will be able to make advanced FP+ for all four of us (which my DH and I will split between us)because we have at least one ticket linked to this acct, is this correct?

Thanks for further clarification. We have lots of resort pool time planned as well as BB so we may not even need addtl FP+ but I'd still like to know how to do this. Thx again!
July 2013 Aulani
June 2012 - GCH July 2012 - Aulani
June 2011 - CR/BCV
Thanksgiving 2010 - Disneyland
Nov 2009 - CR/Poly Oct 2009 - GCH Nov 2008 - BC
June 2008 - GCH Oct 2007 - DLH
Nov 2006 - POR June 2004 - DLH
Apr 2002 - POR Nov 1999 - Dixie Landings
Carrie in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: