Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2014, 04:03 PM   #256
MisterPat
"It all started with a daddy wondering where he could take his two little girls..."

A band does not have to be scanned into the park to use the FP+s. So, suppose a portion of your group decides to go golfing, or shopping, or stay by the pool, etc. You can use their FP+s in addition to your 3. Convince everyone in your family to take a day off and take all their bands. You will have 3 FP+s per person.
MisterPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 04:14 PM   #257
gtpoohbear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillyBean1899 View Post
I had the same idea for a response :D Child swap is when you have a child that can't ride a ride (like Everest). Instead of you going through the 45 minute line by yourself, riding, finding your partner at the random bench they're on, then your partner standing in a 60 minute line to ride, you all wait together, then take turns riding when you get to the load platform.
As a couple of PPs have mentioned, child swap doesn't work this way anymore. Whoever is staying (outside the line) with the child gets a rider swap card, which allows them to come back later through the FP line. Which means only half of your party needs to use a "real" FP, possibly increasing the total number of rides you could FP. We were never savvy enough to work it out that way though.

We did however, use DH's and DS's MB for extra FPs on a day that they did not come to the park. Actually DH had flown home already, and DS was staying back at the resort with my parents. So the ticket definitely doesn't have to have been used for entry that day, at least for now. I felt a little guilty...but the system let me do it, so I guess until they close the loophole it's a valid strategy.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

All Trip Reports & Photo Albums are located here!
Previous Trips: 2008: Poly | 2010: CBR | 2012: ASMo | 2013: YC | 2014: AKL, AoA | 2014: POR
Upcoming Trips: 12/14 - WL | 7/15 - ASMusic | 11/15 - FW Campground
gtpoohbear is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-18-2014, 04:32 PM   #258
k_null81
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillyBean1899 View Post
It's actually started already. It was explained to us last weekend while we were there. After you use all 3 of your "original" ones (not just book, but actually go on the ride), you are able to get another one, but it has to be at the same park. Once that one is used, again, you can get another one, but again, at the same park. They're still working on the park-hopping feature for it, but it is coming.
Do you know if you can pick from any rides that are available or is it only tier 2 rides? Thank you!
K-
k_null81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 04:34 PM   #259
alayne
DIS Veteran

When we were at DW the first week of April I noticed the lines for the kiosk were really long. It would not have been worth it to stand in the line to add an extra FP because the line was just as long as most of the rides. I hope it comes to the mobile app soon.

We also talked to a CM who said Park Hoppers would be able to add 2 more FP to there day at a second park on the website "soon", but I don't know when "soon" is?!?!?
Old 04-18-2014, 05:06 PM   #260
JillyBean1899
Shiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto3pirates View Post
You are correct. Only those who meet the height requirement can go through the line. The advantage is the second adult can take the child and do something else while the first group rides. You don't necessarily have to wait at the line entrance for your turn
Then someone needs to remind the CMs of this. I saw a number of too small children in line for ToT, they used the "chicken exit" to get to the gift shop.

Regardless of the details, it boils down to you don't have to wait in line twice for the adults to ride when you have a kid that's too short to ride and can't wait on their own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_null81 View Post
Do you know if you can pick from any rides that are available or is it only tier 2 rides? Thank you!
He didn't say that you couldn't use them on any ride you wanted, and since we weren't able to use them, I have no idea.

I've gone to find myself. If I get back before I return, please keep me here.
No matter how slowly you're moving, it's better than standing still.
I run. I'm slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter, BUT I RUN!
JillyBean1899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 05:15 PM   #261
hardhead
Mouseketeer

Our next trip we are staying in 3 different disney hotels and getting three sets of bands. Will I be able to book fast passes on all three??
hardhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 05:31 PM   #262
MOM POPPINS
I keep getting SOUVENIRS (wink) when I go to WDW!

Not if all of them are attached to your ticket.

Me DH DD24 DD19 DD16 DD13 DS11
2000 Dixie Landing HIFS '01 Contemporary/Dolphin 2 Trips '02 Dolphin '03 Dolphin '04 BWV/WLV '05 BWV/BCV 2 Trips '06 BWV/Dolphin/Saratoga/OKW 3 Trips '07 BWV/SSR 2 trips '08 BWV May/November '09 BWV March/May/Nov 10 20th. POR AKL Villa's May 11BWV September 11 BWV January 12 AKL Villa's May 12 SSR December 12 May 13 AKL BC Sept 13AKL March 14 OKW June 14Bay Lake AKL and Boardwalk December 14

MOM POPPINS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 06:10 PM   #263
wn01aa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardhead View Post
Our next trip we are staying in 3 different disney hotels and getting three sets of bands. Will I be able to book fast passes on all three??
For now I think you could but only if for each hotel stay you used a different MDE account and they are not linked together under 1 account. I am sure (I think) that Disney will fix this eventually just like they did when kenny the pirate published how to get unlimited FP+ by switching the reservation after the first scan of the band but before the second scan at a ride (fixed it just before I got there in December
wn01aa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 09:49 PM   #264
mom2mickeyfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wn01aa View Post
For now I think you could but only if for each hotel stay you used a different MDE account and they are not linked together under 1 account. I am sure (I think) that Disney will fix this eventually just like they did when kenny the pirate published how to get unlimited FP+ by switching the reservation after the first scan of the band but before the second scan at a ride (fixed it just before I got there in December
I thought FP+s was tied to tickets, not MBs. Each band would have to have a ticket tied to it to use them to book FP+.
mom2mickeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 03:52 AM   #265
ckelly14
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2mickeyfan View Post
I thought FP+s was tied to tickets, not MBs. Each band would have to have a ticket tied to it to use them to book FP+.
Please see my (or others) previous post. This thread is about a glitch in the system that allows unlinked MB's to pull same day FP's. The MB's need to be on a separate MDE account from your park tickets.
ckelly14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 09:33 AM   #266
mom2mickeyfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckelly14 View Post
Please see my (or others) previous post. This thread is about a glitch in the system that allows unlinked MB's to pull same day FP's. The MB's need to be on a separate MDE account from your park tickets.
Ah, thanks! I just realized the thread I posted in got merged with a thread that I haven't read any post.

Now I need to go back and figure out what everyone is talking about.
mom2mickeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 03:54 PM   #267
MOM POPPINS
I keep getting SOUVENIRS (wink) when I go to WDW!

found my answer

Me DH DD24 DD19 DD16 DD13 DS11
2000 Dixie Landing HIFS '01 Contemporary/Dolphin 2 Trips '02 Dolphin '03 Dolphin '04 BWV/WLV '05 BWV/BCV 2 Trips '06 BWV/Dolphin/Saratoga/OKW 3 Trips '07 BWV/SSR 2 trips '08 BWV May/November '09 BWV March/May/Nov 10 20th. POR AKL Villa's May 11BWV September 11 BWV January 12 AKL Villa's May 12 SSR December 12 May 13 AKL BC Sept 13AKL March 14 OKW June 14Bay Lake AKL and Boardwalk December 14

Last edited by MOM POPPINS; 04-21-2014 at 04:02 PM.
MOM POPPINS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 08:07 PM   #268
ScrapYap
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekatiel View Post
I read a lot of this thread but not all of it, so I apologize if this has been asked. We don't even have a trip planned right now, so this is just out of curiosity. If you had friends that had recently been to WDW and used MBs, could you use their set of Mbs to get FP+ reservations at a kiosk in the park?
Yes!
Old 04-29-2014, 10:43 AM   #269
angelia denise
Mouseketeer

Ok so forgive me if this has been explained... But... We are staying in 3 different resorts in September this year. All reservations are linked on MDE currently. I have not purchased or linked tickets yet. I will get 3 sets of Magic Bands. Will I be able to get my 3 advanced fast passes and use the other 2 sets of bands? How can I use these extra bands to my advantage? Also can you clarify that everyone gets 3 fast passes per day per park, correct? Then after those are used you go to the kiosks to get 1 at a time?

Summer 1982, Spring 1986, Sept. 1996 - DWL, Spring 2002 - offsite, July 2008 - POR, July 2011 - offsite, Jan. 2012 - offsite, July 2012 DCL Fantasy, November 2012 - SSR, Sept. 2013 DCL Dream and OKW
Next trip: Sept. 2014 AoA / AKL / BWV!!!
angelia denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 03:42 PM   #270
ckelly14
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelia denise View Post
Ok so forgive me if this has been explained... But... We are staying in 3 different resorts in September this year. All reservations are linked on MDE currently. I have not purchased or linked tickets yet. I will get 3 sets of Magic Bands. Will I be able to get my 3 advanced fast passes and use the other 2 sets of bands? How can I use these extra bands to my advantage? Also can you clarify that everyone gets 3 fast passes per day per park, correct? Then after those are used you go to the kiosks to get 1 at a time?
All the MB's will be linked to the same MDE account, so they will not offer any FP advantage over having just one. I also wouldn't say people get 3 FP+ per park per day, just 3 per day period. However, when those are used, another FP become available.
ckelly14 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: