Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-18-2014, 01:19 PM   #241
GigiDisneyfreak
DIS Veteran
 
GigiDisneyfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 624

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillyBean1899 View Post
It's actually started already. It was explained to us last weekend while we were there. After you use all 3 of your "original" ones (not just book, but actually go on the ride), you are able to get another one, but it has to be at the same park. Once that one is used, again, you can get another one, but again, at the same park. They're still working on the park-hopping feature for it, but it is coming.
Did you try it? If you did was there any good ones still available?
__________________


Me, DD(21), DD(15), DGD(2)

Feb. 1987, 1988, and 1990 offsite; July 1992 offsite; Aug 1994 offsite; Oct 1996 Poly and POR(bayou); Sept. 1997 ASMu; Nov. 1998 CBR; May 2002 AKL; Dec. 2004 & 2005 POR(mansions), Mar. 2009 CSR, Mar. 2013 YC,
GigiDisneyfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 01:30 PM   #242
TimothyG
DIS Veteran
 
TimothyG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 507

You can use someone else's band, but that would obviously decrease their FP+ entitlements and I doubt most parties would be able to do it so not really a way to get more. Technically it's not allowed because I don't think you are supposed to actually use someone else's band but it's not like Disney is going to ask for ID when using a FP (or care for that matter).

You can use child swap and get squeeze some extra FP entitlements in that way but it will obviously be somewhat restrictive.

The final way is to avoid linking your RFID tickets to your MDE account or link them to a second account (which wouldn't work with Disney packages). If you do that then you could just walk up to the kiosk and reserve everything on that ticket. Then after you reserve you could use your MagicBand to reserve even more. For some reason, they don't check to see if you were actually admitted when reserving on the kiosk. I'm unsure if old RFID tickets work the same way (I would imagine so) and it's unclear when Disney will fix this but I would bet sometime soon. I also wouldn't try it because I would just rather have everything in one place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickpoetry View Post
Did they make you go to a kiosk or could you use the MDE app on your phone?
The official announcement states that you have to use the kiosk. I don't think it's available via the app. I imagine it's that way to limit the amount of people doing this.

Last edited by TimothyG; 04-18-2014 at 01:35 PM.
TimothyG is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-18-2014, 01:35 PM   #243
JeremyGNJ
none
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 962

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimothyG View Post

The final way is to avoid linking your RFID tickets to your MDE account or link them to a second account (which wouldn't work with Disney packages). If you do that then you could just walk up to the kiosk and reserve everything on that ticket. Then after you reserve you could use your MagicBand to reserve even more. For some reason, they don't check to see if you were actually admitted when reserving on the kiosk. I'm unsure if old RFID tickets work the same way (I would imagine so) and it's unclear when Disney will fix this but I would bet sometime soon.
This was my idea too, except that if you just save a single day on a non-expiring ticket, you can simply always bring that ticket with you....an additional 3 FP+ per day. But they probably WILL close this loophole by checking that the ticket was used for admittance.
JeremyGNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 01:37 PM   #244
TimothyG
DIS Veteran
 
TimothyG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 507

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyGNJ View Post
This was my idea too, except that if you just save a single day on a non-expiring ticket, you can simply always bring that ticket with you....an additional 3 FP+ per day. But they probably WILL close this loophole by checking that the ticket was used for admittance.
Yep. It's been heavily discussed on this forum and the internet so Disney definitely knows about it. I'm sure they have a ticket assigned to a developer to fix it soon.
TimothyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 01:56 PM   #245
JillyBean1899
Shiny
 
JillyBean1899's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Lynn Haven, FL
Posts: 1,023

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickpoetry View Post
Did they make you go to a kiosk or could you use the MDE app on your phone?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GigiDisneyfreak View Post
Did you try it? If you did was there any good ones still available?
Yes, you had to use the kiosks to set up the extra FPs, it's still being implemented on the MDX app. We didn't bother because we hit parks at RD, then took a break in the middle of the day and saved our FP for the afternoon park; by the time our last FP was used, everything was either gone or the park was about to close.
__________________


I've gone to find myself. If I get back before I return, please keep me here.
No matter how slowly you're moving, it's better than standing still.
I run. I'm slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter, BUT I RUN!
JillyBean1899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 01:58 PM   #246
MudQueen22
Mouseketeer
 
MudQueen22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 75

Pardon my ignorance, but what is "child swap"?
MudQueen22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 02:11 PM   #247
drew64
disfanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: pennsylvania
Posts: 1,046

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudQueen22 View Post
Pardon my ignorance, but what is "child swap"?
You drop your child off at a kiosk, and pick a new one that you like instead - you also have the option of trading them for 2 bonus FP+, but only after using your first 3.

You can later return the new child for a new swap, but only at the same park.

drew64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 02:13 PM   #248
JillyBean1899
Shiny
 
JillyBean1899's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Lynn Haven, FL
Posts: 1,023

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew64 View Post
You drop your child off at a kiosk, and pick a new one that you like instead - you also have the option of trading them for 2 bonus FP+, but only after using your first 3.

You can later return the new child for a new swap, but only at the same park.

I had the same idea for a response :D

Child swap is when you have a child that can't ride a ride (like Everest). Instead of you going through the 45 minute line by yourself, riding, finding your partner at the random bench they're on, then your partner standing in a 60 minute line to ride, you all wait together, then take turns riding when you get to the load platform.
__________________


I've gone to find myself. If I get back before I return, please keep me here.
No matter how slowly you're moving, it's better than standing still.
I run. I'm slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter, BUT I RUN!
JillyBean1899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 02:14 PM   #249
shyjade
DIS Veteran
 
shyjade's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 4,072

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie'sMom View Post

Spring finally showed up in Ohio! Now I'm just hoping it decides to stick around for more than a few days.
We thought it did here too, but it snowed twice this week and hasn't gotten out of the 40's, so not too spring like yet. Unless you count the FIVE inches of rain we had last weekend!
__________________
(me) (DD16)

shyjade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 02:17 PM   #250
freewill
Mouseketeer
 
freewill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 206

When Disney said sometime this spring, did they specify spring where??
__________________
Stand with Haiti -- www.pih.org
freewill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 02:34 PM   #251
bigskip
Mouseketeer
 
bigskip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 166

Quote:
Originally Posted by freewill View Post
When Disney said sometime this spring, did they specify spring where??
Probably Florida, as that is where WDW is....
__________________


2012 - Hawthorn Suites
2013 - PO FQ
2014 - PO FQ & a sneaky night at the Clarion LBV as we got a great flight deal.
bigskip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 02:43 PM   #252
GigiDisneyfreak
DIS Veteran
 
GigiDisneyfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 624

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillyBean1899

I had the same idea for a response :D

Child swap is when you have a child that can't ride a ride (like Everest). Instead of you going through the 45 minute line by yourself, riding, finding your partner at the random bench they're on, then your partner standing in a 60 minute line to ride, you all wait together, then take turns riding when you get to the load platform.
When I went last year. We went up to the cast member who gave us a rider switch card. I wasn't able to wait in the line. I had to wait elsewhere with the child and when the rest of my party came out. I was able to ride but I had to go back with the rider switch card and wait on the fast pass line. The way you described it was how it was years ago. Maybe they switched back in the past year IDK, but from what I have read on these boards is that if a child isn't tall enough they aren't even allowed in the line.
__________________


Me, DD(21), DD(15), DGD(2)

Feb. 1987, 1988, and 1990 offsite; July 1992 offsite; Aug 1994 offsite; Oct 1996 Poly and POR(bayou); Sept. 1997 ASMu; Nov. 1998 CBR; May 2002 AKL; Dec. 2004 & 2005 POR(mansions), Mar. 2009 CSR, Mar. 2013 YC,
GigiDisneyfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 02:48 PM   #253
Maggie'sMom
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 3,508

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyjade View Post
We thought it did here too, but it snowed twice this week and hasn't gotten out of the 40's, so not too spring like yet. Unless you count the FIVE inches of rain we had last weekend!
We had snow earlier this week. I think it was Tuesday morning. But it's in the 60s today!
Maggie'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 02:51 PM   #254
MDsMomma
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 257

I've been trying all week to book more FP+ on the app or computer once we've used up our 3 and it hasn't worked at all. I didn't think to try the kiosk.
__________________
[B]March 2005- Port Orleans Riverside [COLOR="DarkGreen"]June 2005- All Star Music[/COLOR October 2008- Bonnet Creek September 2009- Caribbean Beach Resort[/B} December 2010- Old Key West
May 2011 Bonnet Creek September 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge- Kidani Village September 2012 Saratoga Springs Resort
May 2013 Sheraton Vistana Resort
Sept 2013 AKL - Kidani & AOA April 2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
MDsMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 02:55 PM   #255
momto3pirates
DIS Veteran
 
momto3pirates's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 530

Quote:
Originally Posted by GigiDisneyfreak View Post
When I went last year. We went up to the cast member who gave us a rider switch card. I wasn't able to wait in the line. I had to wait elsewhere with the child and when the rest of my party came out. I was able to ride but I had to go back with the rider switch card and wait on the fast pass line. The way you described it was how it was years ago. Maybe they switched back in the past year IDK, but from what I have read on these boards is that if a child isn't tall enough they aren't even allowed in the line.
You are correct. Only those who meet the height requirement can go through the line. The advantage is the second adult can take the child and do something else while the first group rides. You don't necessarily have to wait at the line entrance for your turn
__________________
Me, DH, DS17, DS14, DS10, DD1
1995-Disney Honeymoon-Dixie Landings
2004-boys first trip-offsite
2005-Port Orleans Riverside
2006-summer-All Star Sports,Thanksgiving-AS Music
2007-Adults only anniversary trip-AKL
2008- summer PoP
2009-summer-AKV,MNSSHP-SSR
2010-summer at BLT,Thanksgiving at POP
2011-summer at BLT, Thanksgiving at GCH
2012-summer DLH, Thanksgiving-AKL-Jambo
2013-summer VGC, Thanksgiving-US/IOA
2014-summer VGC, Thanksgiving-AKL
momto3pirates is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:12 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: