Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2014, 11:18 AM   #226
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdurette View Post
8 MB x 3 per day = 24 set up on DH MDE account
+ NE Ticket = 3 per day set up on my MDE account

Total 27 each person

In the end....I'm taking a pass on the DVC unit and not messing around with my Off-Site trip. I really didn't want this to be a "Disney" vacation this year - more of a resort vacation. And well...the off-site resort is nicer than the DVC one I was going to get.

But, this is all info that is very good to know!
I still don't understand how you could EACH get 3 fastpasses out of 8 magic bands. Wouldn't you only be able to use 4 magic bands each for 2 people?

How do you get 8 magic bands? Setup fake names on a reservation for 8? Get them at check-in?
Old 04-16-2014, 05:13 PM   #227
Cyrano

Disney VIP
Anyone for haggis
Aren't we all a cagey lot

DISboards Moderator

Folks it is time to take a chill pill and relax

It is not our responsibility to police exploits that Disney either deliberately or inadvertently allows.

Would I do this...no I would not.
Will I condemn any one else for doing it...no I will not.

I suspect that fact that the discussion has had a bit of profile means it will soon be closed. So enjoy it while it lasts

So discuss this if you wish. Fight about it and you find out what we do police on the boards

Theme Park Attractions & Strategies board
20 nights Disney and Universal July 2015
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion.
Cyrano is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-16-2014, 05:43 PM   #228
ArielRae
1042 mi from WDW

Question does this work with past magicbands with no tickets or disney resort on them? This next trip we are staying off site but plan to buy an AP when we arrive. I know the AP can get us FP+ but can our old magicbands from a past trip that has no current resort stay or tickets linked to them get us FPs too? Obviously all would have to be made in park and not ahead of time.
Animal Kingdom Lodge - 2006
Pop Century - 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009(Pregnant), 2013(Solo), 2104
Fort Wilderness - 2012(Tent Camping), 2013(2X), 2014
Disney's Wonder - 2006
Disney's Dream - 2011
Disney's Fantasy - 2012(Thanksgiving Cruise)

ArielRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 06:43 PM   #229
wn01aa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArielRae View Post
Question does this work with past magicbands with no tickets or disney resort on them? This next trip we are staying off site but plan to buy an AP when we arrive. I know the AP can get us FP+ but can our old magicbands from a past trip that has no current resort stay or tickets linked to them get us FPs too? Obviously all would have to be made in park and not ahead of time.
I am thinking that it would as long as you do not use the same MDE account this time as you did for your last stay.
wn01aa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 06:57 PM   #230
delmar411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieB View Post

I still don't understand how you could EACH get 3 fastpasses out of 8 magic bands. Wouldn't you only be able to use 4 magic bands each for 2 people?

How do you get 8 magic bands? Setup fake names on a reservation for 8? Get them at check-in?
I think they don't understand the FP system. That everyone needs their own FP. And yes, a DVC 2bedroom sleeps 9 (not 8 ) and so they would setup 9 names on the reservation and setup a MDE account for the reservation. Then order all 9 magic bands and get them in the mail. Then only one person needs to check in so she can go check in and then they would also have EMh access and free parking.

So they could use the 3 NE tickets by using just 2 of them plus the 9 magic bands. That would give each of them 6 sets of FPs each per day so 18 FPs per day. In the MK that would be good enough to do everything and in the other parks it would allow for multiple rides and working around tiers.

But they would need to be smart about naming the bands and have a spreadsheet listing out which bands went with which times/rides.
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. ~Voltaire
delmar411 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 01:19 AM   #231
trstno1
I never look back, darling. It detracts from the now.

I have a question for those of you who have been successful exploiting this glitch. Can you use your mobile device to change FP+ assigned to magic bands without tickets? I understand that you need to use the kiosks in the park to get the FP+ initially. Thanks!
3/2010 - offsite
3/2008 - Disney Wonder, Port Orleans Riverside
1/2007 - Saratoga Springs
2/2005 - offsite
5/2004 - Marriott's Grande Vista
12/2002 - Marriott's Cyprus Harbour
12/1986 - camped offsite
trstno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 01:45 PM   #232
emilykarpinski
Earning My Ears

Fastpass Plus Manipulation

As a newbie to the FP+ system I'm very curious about the whole process. I'm especially curious if there's a way to "beat the system" so to speak. Can someone use a family member's magic band for a fast pass? (Much like before when there was one runner who took all of the family's passes to get fast passes and then if a member of the family didn't want to ride that specific ride someone else could use theirs to go again). Also with the introduction of being able to get more fast passes once you've used all three is there certain parks/rides that are more available than others as time goes on and more people have used their allotted three?
emilykarpinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 01:49 PM   #233
ArwenMarie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilykarpinski View Post
As a newbie to the FP+ system I'm very curious about the whole process. I'm especially curious if there's a way to "beat the system" so to speak. Can someone use a family member's magic band for a fast pass? (Much like before when there was one runner who took all of the family's passes to get fast passes and then if a member of the family didn't want to ride that specific ride someone else could use theirs to go again). Also with the introduction of being able to get more fast passes once you've used all three is there certain parks/rides that are more available than others as time goes on and more people have used their allotted three?
People say they have been able to use their family members' bands for FP, but I'm not sure what the official Disney policy is on that.

As far as more FPs after the three, I haven't seen that anyone has been able to do this yet. I'm sure once it starts there will be lots of reports on here on what is actually available and how it all works, etc.
ArwenMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 01:51 PM   #234
Kristina4109
DIS Veteran

The official Disney statement said that getting more FP+ after your initial 3 were used up would happen "in the Spring." We're almost out of Spring, so who knows what's going to happen.
I've been BOO'ED!!!
Kristina4109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 01:57 PM   #235
FLchick415
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristina4109 View Post
The official Disney statement said that getting more FP+ after your initial 3 were used up would happen "in the Spring." We're almost out of Spring, so who knows what's going to happen.
If we wanna get technical, Spring isn't actually over until June 20.

~*All Star Movies*~*Port Orleans French Quarter*~*Wilderness Lodge*~*Pop Century(x4)*~*Caribbean Beach Jamaica*~*All Star Music*~*Countless other times off site*~
FLchick415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 02:06 PM   #236
JillyBean1899
Shiny

Quote:
It's actually started already. It was explained to us last weekend while we were there. After you use all 3 of your "original" ones (not just book, but actually go on the ride), you are able to get another one, but it has to be at the same park. Once that one is used, again, you can get another one, but again, at the same park. They're still working on the park-hopping feature for it, but it is coming.

I've gone to find myself. If I get back before I return, please keep me here.
No matter how slowly you're moving, it's better than standing still.
I run. I'm slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter, BUT I RUN!
JillyBean1899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 02:07 PM   #237
JeremyGNJ
none

I think there is a way to beat the system, but I don't know for sure. not sure I should talk about it publicly.
JeremyGNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 02:08 PM   #238
shyjade
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLchick415 View Post
If we wanna get technical, Spring isn't actually over until June 20.
And here in Wisconsin, Spring hasn't even shown up yet!
Old 04-18-2014, 02:16 PM   #239
slickpoetry
Super Planner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillyBean1899 View Post
It's actually started already. It was explained to us last weekend while we were there. After you use all 3 of your "original" ones (not just book, but actually go on the ride), you are able to get another one, but it has to be at the same park. Once that one is used, again, you can get another one, but again, at the same park. They're still working on the park-hopping feature for it, but it is coming.
Did they make you go to a kiosk or could you use the MDE app on your phone?
Old 04-18-2014, 02:19 PM   #240
Maggie'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilykarpinski View Post
Can someone use a family member's magic band for a fast pass? (Much like before when there was one runner who took all of the family's passes to get fast passes and then if a member of the family didn't want to ride that specific ride someone else could use theirs to go again).
There's nothing to prevent, nor a policy against, using other family member's magic bands for fastpass. That's perfectly fine with Disney. Now, whether it's perfectly fine with the family member whose fastpass you'll be using, that's your battle to fight.

Quote:
Umm, we're only 1/3 of the way through spring. There's still a solid two months before summer gets here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyjade View Post
And here in Wisconsin, Spring hasn't even shown up yet!
Spring finally showed up in Ohio! Now I'm just hoping it decides to stick around for more than a few days.
Maggie'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: