Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2014, 08:49 PM   #211
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itinkso View Post
When you purchase a MagicBand in a park, they link your ticket to it at the time of the sale.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wn01aa View Post
I could be wrong but I believe they only sell them in the parks and they have to be linked to your ticket right away. I don't think They will let you buy a magicband that has no linked ticket to it.
Yep.

Besides, it's not the number of MBs you have, but the number of tickets they are linked to.
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 09:32 PM   #212
MOM POPPINS
I keep getting SOUVENIRS (wink) when I go to WDW!

Correct they started selling them while we were on our trip and can only be purchased if you link them to a ticket.

Me DH DD24 DD19 DD16 DD13 DS11
2000 Dixie Landing HIFS '01 Contemporary/Dolphin 2 Trips '02 Dolphin '03 Dolphin '04 BWV/WLV '05 BWV/BCV 2 Trips '06 BWV/Dolphin/Saratoga/OKW 3 Trips '07 BWV/SSR 2 trips '08 BWV May/November '09 BWV March/May/Nov 10 20th. POR AKL Villa's May 11BWV September 11 BWV January 12 AKL Villa's May 12 SSR December 12 May 13 AKL BC Sept 13AKL March 14 OKW June 14Bay Lake AKL and Boardwalk December 14

MOM POPPINS is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-15-2014, 11:30 AM   #213
ScrapYap
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
Yep.

Besides, it's not the number of MBs you have, but the number of tickets they are linked to.
It's also the number of unlinked MBs you have - from resort stays (which, at the moment, don't have to be linked to a ticket to work at the FP+ kiosks).
Old 04-15-2014, 05:46 PM   #214
The V Gang
The V Gang

Got it! Thx guys!!
Old 04-15-2014, 08:15 PM   #215
ekatiel
DIS Veteran

I read a lot of this thread but not all of it, so I apologize if this has been asked. We don't even have a trip planned right now, so this is just out of curiosity. If you had friends that had recently been to WDW and used MBs, could you use their set of Mbs to get FP+ reservations at a kiosk in the park?
Old 04-15-2014, 09:37 PM   #216
mdurette
DIS Veteran

Wow - this is all very interesting.

Right now, I have 3 non-expiration tickets to use as an off-site guest. I have already made my FP+ selections.

I have the opportunity to take over a DVC reservation from a friend for a 2BR, sleeps 8 unit for this same stay (this coming week). I'm contemplating it.

From what I am reading here is that technically I could have:
3 FP+ per day for each of my tickets.
3 FP+ for day with 8 MBs that I get upon resort check-in.

Technically - 27 FP+s for each person each day. Do I have that correct? If so, that may make my decision to take this unit from the friend.

No way in heck would I want to manage that kind of mess. But, it would be nice to have say 6 FPs each.
mdurette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 09:54 PM   #217
ckelly14
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdurette View Post
Wow - this is all very interesting. Right now, I have 3 non-expiration tickets to use as an off-site guest. I have already made my FP+ selections. I have the opportunity to take over a DVC reservation from a friend for a 2BR, sleeps 8 unit for this same stay (this coming week). I'm contemplating it. From what I am reading here is that technically I could have: 3 FP+ per day for each of my tickets. 3 FP+ for day with 8 MBs that I get upon resort check-in. Technically - 27 FP+s for each person each day. Do I have that correct? If so, that may make my decision to take this unit from the friend. No way in heck would I want to manage that kind of mess. But, it would be nice to have say 6 FPs each.

Yes, but make sure that the DVC reservation uses a different MDE account.
ckelly14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 10:22 PM   #218
ConnieB
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrapYap View Post
It's also the number of unlinked MBs you have - from resort stays (which, at the moment, don't have to be linked to a ticket to work at the FP+ kiosks).
We have several sets of MB from resort reservations, AP, etc....are you saying that some of them aren't linked to our AP tickets? How do you know which ones?
ConnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 11:11 PM   #219
dsdeleon
Mouseketeer

This is great info! It feels good to actually be a disney insider again and not on the same playing field as an unresearched newb. Quick question though. We are here with one set linked to our tickets, one set from an old trip. I want to upgrade to APs while here. Will they put the APs on my existing MBs? I am thinking of waiting until the last day, upgrading and asking them to put the APs on a new set (or they may have to anyway). Anyone know?
dsdeleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 11:48 PM   #220
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Wow - this is all very interesting. Right now, I have 3 non-expiration tickets to use as an off-site guest. I have already made my FP+ selections. I have the opportunity to take over a DVC reservation from a friend for a 2BR, sleeps 8 unit for this same stay (this coming week). I'm contemplating it. From what I am reading here is that technically I could have: 3 FP+ per day for each of my tickets. 3 FP+ for day with 8 MBs that I get upon resort check-in. Technically - 27 FP+s for each person each day. Do I have that correct? If so, that may make my decision to take this unit from the friend. No way in heck would I want to manage that kind of mess. But, it would be nice to have say 6 FPs each.
how would you get 27 per person? You only have 8 total magic bands.

Last edited by DebbieB; 04-16-2014 at 12:04 AM.
DebbieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 01:53 AM   #221
susanh
Earning My Ears

Wow...the seasoned Disney folks may go ahead and gun me, but this post makes me kind of sad. Hoping to enjoy my first upcoming trip with my young family without feeling like I'm competing against those who are playing the system to uneven the playing field over us unresearched "newbies".

Last edited by susanh; 04-16-2014 at 02:07 AM.
susanh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 06:57 AM   #222
mdurette
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieB View Post
how would you get 27 per person? You only have 8 total magic bands.
8 MB x 3 per day = 24 set up on DH MDE account
+ NE Ticket = 3 per day set up on my MDE account

Total 27 each person

In the end....I'm taking a pass on the DVC unit and not messing around with my Off-Site trip. I really didn't want this to be a "Disney" vacation this year - more of a resort vacation. And well...the off-site resort is nicer than the DVC one I was going to get.

But, this is all info that is very good to know!
mdurette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 09:20 AM   #223
ConnieB
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Wow - this is all very interesting.

Right now, I have 3 non-expiration tickets to use as an off-site guest. I have already made my FP+ selections.

I have the opportunity to take over a DVC reservation from a friend for a 2BR, sleeps 8 unit for this same stay (this coming week). I'm contemplating it.

From what I am reading here is that technically I could have:
3 FP+ per day for each of my tickets.
3 FP+ for day with 8 MBs that I get upon resort check-in.

Technically - 27 FP+s for each person each day. Do I have that correct? If so, that may make my decision to take this unit from the friend.

No way in heck would I want to manage that kind of mess. But, it would be nice to have say 6 FPs each.

But wouldn't that mean that you have to use those tickets, thus paying double (or triple) for each day? I guess I'm just not quite understanding how this works....I have an AP...and 4 Magic Bands....but don't the MB have to be linked to a ticket of some sort in order to make a reservation....and don't you have to actually use those tickets to get into the park before your MB FP work? Or do they just have to have tickets linked, but not used? I have a couple of 1 and 2 days that were purchased for the FD in the last couple of years....but I don't want to use them just to have a couple of FP.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:25 AM   #224
ConnieB
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by susanh View Post
Wow...the seasoned Disney folks may go ahead and gun me, but this post makes me kind of sad. Hoping to enjoy my first upcoming trip with my young family without feeling like I'm competing against those who are playing the system to uneven the playing field over us unresearched "newbies".
Well, when it was just FP- (meaning the paper ones) those "in the know" were able to maximize their use as well....we knew to go to rope drop and dash for certain FP, ride a few things, grab another FP and so one. But then we also knew where to go for parade watching, fireworks, meet and greets.....stick around and read, read, read and you'll be amazed at the tips for packing, flying, arriving, checking in, getting to the parks, riding, seeing, and enjoying you can learn. If it makes you uncomfortable to use some of the research and loopholes, then don't do it, no one will think less of you and you'll still have a great trip.

As with everything, the more you know, the better. Choose what works for your family and forget the rest.

If Disney doesn't want people using the loopholes they've created, they'll stop them.....one example of evidence of that....the drink mugs which were recently changed.
Old 04-16-2014, 10:14 AM   #225
ckelly14
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnieB View Post
But wouldn't that mean that you have to use those tickets, thus paying double (or triple) for each day? I guess I'm just not quite understanding how this works....I have an AP...and 4 Magic Bands....but don't the MB have to be linked to a ticket of some sort in order to make a reservation....and don't you have to actually use those tickets to get into the park before your MB FP work? Or do they just have to have tickets linked, but not used? I have a couple of 1 and 2 days that were purchased for the FD in the last couple of years....but I don't want to use them just to have a couple of FP.
There is a glitch in the system. MB's that are unlinked to tickets can pull same day FP+ even if the are not used for park entrance. It is unclear when (or if) Disney will require MB's to be linked to admission tickets in order to pull FP+, thereby closing this loophole. The above magic bands obviously need to be attached to a MDE account that is separate from the one with admission tickets.

This loophole favors people with MB's from prior stays, and for whatever reason that stay used a different MDE account then the one they are currently using for their upcoming visit. People that book "throwaway" rooms under a different MDE account may also be able to take advantage of this loophole. However, spending extra money may not be wise as Disney may close this loophole at any time.

If your AP's and your four MB's are linked to the same account, this will not work for you.
ckelly14 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: