Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2014, 08:42 PM   #196
wn01aa
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE="jjj444;51137084"]This is all so confusing to me. Here is my scenario: we have 4 no expire tickets that I haven't linked to anything yet. I am waiting for a trade to come through wit my RCI timeshare(we have done it before) and as soon as I book a room I was planning on linking magic bands to my room. Do I link my paper tickets too or just use them at the parks at the kiosks for fast passes??[/QUOTE

I think you would link the park tickets if you want to make advance FP+ reservations and don't if you want to make the FP+ reservations day of (which I am not sure you would want to do unless you have multiple sets of MagicBands)
wn01aa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 09:10 PM   #197
annainohio
Earning My Ears

Do you need a MB for each person in your family? Or if you had one extra band, from an earlier trip, could you make day of PFs and everyone be allowed on the ride?
annainohio is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-06-2014, 10:03 PM   #198
wn01aa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by annainohio View Post
Do you need a MB for each person in your family? Or if you had one extra band, from an earlier trip, could you make day of PFs and everyone be allowed on the ride?
I am guessing a Magicband would only allow 3 FP+ on it for now, not for everyone.
Old 04-06-2014, 10:14 PM   #199
ScrapYap
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjj444 View Post
This is all so confusing to me. Here is my scenario: we have 4 no expire tickets that I haven't linked to anything yet. I am waiting for a trade to come through wit my RCI timeshare(we have done it before) and as soon as I book a room I was planning on linking magic bands to my room. Do I link my paper tickets too or just use them at the parks at the kiosks for fast passes??
This non-linking thing isn't for everyone. It works best for people who already have an old set of MBs. Then they make their new reservation under a different MDE, link their tickets, make their FP+ in advance -- then use the old MBs for a "bonus" set (made in the parks, not in advance).

If you don't link your tickets to your MDE, you won't be able to get FP+ in advance. This is risky, since Disney might close the loophole that allows MBs with no tickets attached to be used to get FP+ in the parks.

If you decide not to link your tickets to your MBs on MDE, you'll be able to get two sets of FP+ -- one with your MBs and one with your tickets. However, you won't be able to get any advance FP+ online (a significant sacrifice).

If this seems confusing and stressful, don't do it! Just link your tickets, get your FP+ in advance, and relax and enjoy your trip. It's not worth doing if it feels stressful. And don't forget that the whole thing could change at any time Disney chooses. That would leave you out in the cold with no advance FP+ -- and only one set obtainable in the parks (since they could start requiring that every MB be linked to an active ticket in order to work at the park kiosks for same-day FP+).

If I were you, I think I'd link, pre-book FP+, and enjoy my trip! Just save your MBs in case you can use them for an extra set on your next trip! (As long as you make your future reservation on a different MDE.)

Last edited by ScrapYap; 04-06-2014 at 11:34 PM.
ScrapYap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 10:15 PM   #200
annainohio
Earning My Ears

annainohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 10:38 PM   #201
ScrapYap
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by annainohio View Post
Each person needs a MB. You could always share around the extra set of FPs with the one old band, taking turns with it!
Old 04-06-2014, 11:34 PM   #202
ScrapYap
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by camset8 View Post
Ok so my tix are already attached to my MB via our original reservation. BUT, can I BUY Magic Bands and use THOSE to get extra Fps? We are taking a SHORT trip and hitting 2 parks in the one day we will be at Disney (Mk and HS) and want to get in all of our favs. I'd pay and extra $12 for the second band if it could get me more Fps and at different parks.....
This is all pretty new -- so nothing is certain until you try it out for yourself. However, it sounds as though you *will* need a ticket attached to your MDE in order to activate your newly-purchased MB in the park. So you will *not* get an extra set of FP+ with a purchased MB in the park -- since it would have to be attached to your MDE and would then refer back to the same account that your resort MBs are on -- giving you only *one* set of FP+ (regardless of how many MBs you have).

I don't know how soon this will become true of MBs from resort stays. Maybe very soon.
Old 04-07-2014, 11:31 AM   #203
dfb
Mouseketeer

Thanks for Info

I have a trip late this year. I have the one trip split into two reservations at Bay Lake Towers. Res 1 for 1st two days and res 2 for the last three days. I have 5 people listed on each res but only three will actually go. (the room allows 5 in our room) We purchased PAPs for the three of us but only have vouchers - can't get the actual passes until I get to gate. I attached the 2 res to different MDE accounts just to experiment. Obviously I'll keep watching to see if this technique is still valid for my trips and I don't know if I could make FP+ advanced res with a voucher or not? I'll check this for sure at the 60 day point before my trip. Just wanted to ask:

1. For the 1st res as it is now, I should be able to get 3 FPs for each of the 5 MBs and 3 FPs for each of the PAP tickets. The day of visit?? 24 FPs each day for the three of us to share? Correct??

2. For the 2nd res. I should be able to get 3 FPs each for the 5 MBs under the current res and 3 Fps for each of the 5 MBs for the previous Res and 3 FPs for each of the 3 PAPs we have. That would be 39 FPs each day during the 2nd Res. Does this sound correct??

I'm not that interested in getting that many FPs. I never even used that many under FP- just want to experiment to see what can be done?? That's more interesting than the rides!! To me!!

Obviously I will stay tuned to see if Disney applies a validation rule on FPs/tickets for park entrance and will adjust accordingly. Just wanting to experiment and wondered if this scenario was correct in the number of FPs that could be generated.
dfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 03:06 PM   #204
ScrapYap
Mouseketeer

If it works the way it did for us last month, you'll be able to use the MBs from both res 1 and res 2 as soon as you arrive (which would mean a total of 39 FP+ every day). However, this may already have changed. You may find that you have to actually check in at your resort in order to use the MBs in the parks for FP)+. (In which case the scenario you described would be right -- unless they start causing MBs to be deactivated after the day or check out or start requiring that you link tickets.

Even managing 3 MBs per person is a little unwieldy - keeping track of which bands have which FP+ and which ones you've already used, etc. So 13 sets of FP+ per person would probably send you over the deep end!

If you call Disney, a CM might be able to help you add the vouchers to your MDE so you can book FP+ in advance. Since you already have extra MBs, there's no reason not to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfb View Post
I have a trip late this year. I have the one trip split into two reservations at Bay Lake Towers. Res 1 for 1st two days and res 2 for the last three days. I have 5 people listed on each res but only three will actually go. (the room allows 5 in our room) We purchased PAPs for the three of us but only have vouchers - can't get the actual passes until I get to gate. I attached the 2 res to different MDE accounts just to experiment. Obviously I'll keep watching to see if this technique is still valid for my trips and I don't know if I could make FP+ advanced res with a voucher or not? I'll check this for sure at the 60 day point before my trip. Just wanted to ask:

1. For the 1st res as it is now, I should be able to get 3 FPs for each of the 5 MBs and 3 FPs for each of the PAP tickets. The day of visit?? 24 FPs each day for the three of us to share? Correct??

2. For the 2nd res. I should be able to get 3 FPs each for the 5 MBs under the current res and 3 Fps for each of the 5 MBs for the previous Res and 3 FPs for each of the 3 PAPs we have. That would be 39 FPs each day during the 2nd Res. Does this sound correct??

I'm not that interested in getting that many FPs. I never even used that many under FP- just want to experiment to see what can be done?? That's more interesting than the rides!! To me!!

Obviously I will stay tuned to see if Disney applies a validation rule on FPs/tickets for park entrance and will adjust accordingly. Just wanting to experiment and wondered if this scenario was correct in the number of FPs that could be generated.
Old 04-07-2014, 03:54 PM   #205
zumbergc
DIS Veteran

We are in a room that can hold 8, can we just put fake people in the room to get double the magic bands and double the fp+?

We only have 4 people. So, if we only have tickets for 4 of the magic bands.
Can we just take the other magic bands into the park and then get FP once there? We won't have tickets for those magic bands

The other option I was thinking is I have to convert some old non-expiring tickets, and I would just use those when we go in the park - link them to a different account,

tia
Old 04-07-2014, 04:37 PM   #206
dfb
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrapYap View Post
Even managing 3 MBs per person is a little unwieldy - keeping track of which bands have which FP+ and which ones you've already used, etc. So 13 sets of FP+ per person would probably send you over the deep end!

If you call Disney, a CM might be able to help you add the vouchers to your MDE so you can book FP+ in advance. Since you already have extra MBs, there's no reason not to.
Yes when I ordered the sets of MBs I color coded & set a different naming convention to the two sets of bands. Hopefully this would at least make it easier to identify.

If I add the vouchers for passes would that not take away some of the FPs for the MBs. How would I add the passes without effecting the FPs for the MBs? Do I need to start a third MDE account for the passes??

Again I don't really need 39 FPs each day but I did want to experiment just to see what could be done. If I can get advanced FPs with the vouchers and get the extra FPs at the parks that would be great.

I think FP will evolve into something like that anyway. From some of the surveys 3 FPs advanced and then a revolving 3 throughout your day seems to be a potential option in the future which I think would be great.

Again thanks for the info! This is very interesting.
dfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 08:09 PM   #207
ScrapYap
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zumbergc View Post
We are in a room that can hold 8, can we just put fake people in the room to get double the magic bands and double the fp+?

We only have 4 people. So, if we only have tickets for 4 of the magic bands.
Can we just take the other magic bands into the park and then get FP once there? We won't have tickets for those magic bands

The other option I was thinking is I have to convert some old non-expiring tickets, and I would just use those when we go in the park - link them to a different account,

tia
There's nothing to stop you from putting 8 names on the reservation, and you'll get 8 MBs and you'll then have double the fp+.

You'll only be able to get advance bookings for 4 of the bands, of course (to which tickets are linked). And there is the real possibility that Disney may start requiring that tickets be linked to all MBs in order to use them to get FP+ in the parks. So you might end up not being able to use the extra 4 -- unless you do add your old tickets (though that would be a substantial waste of money). And lastly, there is the real possibility that Disney will start requiring that the MB be activated by admission at the park entrance before it can be used for FP+. So even if you linked the old park passes to the extra MBs, they might not work for FP+. Keep your eye on the DIS so that's you'll know when things start to change.
Old 04-14-2014, 08:24 PM   #208
The V Gang
The V Gang

Disney is now selling magicbands. Would the logic behind using multiple bands apply to bands purchased in wdw...meaning one can purchase an extra magicband in the park and get three extra fastpasses?
Old 04-14-2014, 08:44 PM   #209
Itinkso
Faith.Trust.Pixie Dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by The V Gang View Post
Disney is now selling magicbands. Would the logic behind using multiple bands apply to bands purchased in wdw...meaning one can purchase an extra magicband in the park and get three extra fastpasses?
When you purchase a MagicBand in a park, they link your ticket to it at the time of the sale.
WDW 6/14 - Off-site; 2/14 - AoA; 12/13 - Off-site; 1/13 - AKL; 10/12 - Pop; 4/12 - Off-site; 11/10 - BWI CL; 8/10 - POR; 7/09 - POFQ; 4/04 - ASMo; 2/97 - CBR ~ DLP 7/2012 ~ DLR - Mother Ship ~ August 6, 2005 - Magical Cruise of the Mexican Riviera ~ Sept. 29, 2012 Fantasy Western Caribbean
Itinkso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 08:47 PM   #210
wn01aa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The V Gang View Post
I could be wrong but I believe they only sell them in the parks and they have to be linked to your ticket right away. I don't think They will let you buy a magicband that has no linked ticket to it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: