Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2014, 07:53 AM   #181
ckelly14
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlwfun89 View Post
Ok so I have 5 previous resort magic bands and an annual pass magic band and another resort magic band on the way for a future stay.I was told to pick which one I wanted to link to my fastpass plus How is this possible aren't they all linked?I don't see a place to link or unlink the band's they all show active
Is there a way to "deactivate" a MB?
ckelly14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 11:59 AM   #182
ScrapYap
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlwfun89 View Post
Ok so I have 5 previous resort magic bands and an annual pass magic band and another resort magic band on the way for a future stay.I was told to pick which one I wanted to link to my fastpass plus How is this possible aren't they all linked?I don't see a place to link or unlink the band's they all show active
I thought they were all linked (since they're all linked to your annual passes) - and that it wouldn't matter which ones you took with you to the park -- any of them would show the same set of FP+ - and of course you'd only be able to use one set (any set) for admission to an attraction for which you had FP+.

You can't unlink a band from your ticket info once it's linked, as far as I know. But the next time you make a reservation, you can choose to make it under a new MDE account and choose not to link tickets to that MDE - so the new MBs will be "free agents."

You can deactivate a band by clicking on it on MDE -- and later you can reactivate it (unless the make changes down the road). But whether activated or deactivated, they are linked to your ticket info - and linked to any other MBs which are linked to your ticket info.

Last edited by ScrapYap; 04-05-2014 at 12:30 PM.
ScrapYap is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-05-2014, 12:03 PM   #183
ScrapYap
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckelly14 View Post
Is there a way to "deactivate" a MB?
In your MDE account, click on Magic Bands, then click on the image of your Magic Band and the option to deactivate comes up. I'm not sure why you'd want to deactivate your band -- unless you'd lost it. You can also reactivate a band.

But this has no effect on the fact that your bands are linked to your ticket info (if they are linked). Activated or deactivated, they're still linked. You can't unlink your bands from your ticket info on MDE once you've added your ticket info.
Old 04-05-2014, 12:55 PM   #184
Eldon_Brasche
Earning My Ears

Just to be sure I understand how this works, please let me know if either of the following scenarios will allow me to get extra same day FPs.

Scenario 1: I have 2 annual passes linked to magic bands and 2 magic bands with no tickets linked all under the same MDE account.

Scenario 2: I have 2 annual passes linked to magic bands under one MDE account and 2 magic bands with expired tickets from a previous stay under a different MDE account.

Will either or both of these scenarios provide the ability to get additional same day FPs?
Eldon_Brasche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 01:27 PM   #185
ScrapYap
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldon_Brasche View Post
Just to be sure I understand how this works, please let me know if either of the following scenarios will allow me to get extra same day FPs.

Scenario 1: I have 2 annual passes linked to magic bands and 2 magic bands with no tickets linked all under the same MDE account.

Scenario 2: I have 2 annual passes linked to magic bands under one MDE account and 2 magic bands with expired tickets from a previous stay under a different MDE account.

Will either or both of these scenarios provide the ability to get additional same day FPs?
My understanding is that with Scenario 1, all the MBs and the tickets themselves will refer back to the same set of FP+. So only one set of FP+.

With Scenario 2, you can get 2 sets of FP+ -- the first set of linked MBs can be used to book FP+ in advance online. The second set of MBs (which must be on a different MDE from the first set) can remain unlinked to new tickets and will work in the park when you arrive to get a separate set of FP+.

At the moment, the MBs don't have to be linked to tickets in order to work at park kiosks. That could change at any time -- and it might then be necessary to use a MB to enter the park in order to use that MB at the kiosks. That is not the case right now. Any MB can be used at a park kiosk to make same-day FP+. (And separate sets of MBs will each give you a set of FP+ as long as they are from different MDEs.)
Old 04-05-2014, 10:30 PM   #186
camset8
Earning My Ears

Magic Bands FP+

Ok so my tix are already attached to my MB via our original reservation. BUT, can I BUY Magic Bands and use THOSE to get extra Fps? We are taking a SHORT trip and hitting 2 parks in the one day we will be at Disney (Mk and HS) and want to get in all of our favs. I'd pay and extra $12 for the second band if it could get me more Fps and at different parks.....
camset8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 12:01 AM   #187
ScrapYap
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by camset8 View Post
Ok so my tix are already attached to my MB via our original reservation. BUT, can I BUY Magic Bands and use THOSE to get extra Fps? We are taking a SHORT trip and hitting 2 parks in the one day we will be at Disney (Mk and HS) and want to get in all of our favs. I'd pay and extra $12 for the second band if it could get me more Fps and at different parks.....
(Correction to earlier response This will almost certainly not work. When you buy the MagicBand in the park, you have to link it to your MDE before you can use it. (There is a 12 digit code printed inside the MB that you enter on your MDE.) And that MDE has to have an active ticket linked for each MB you want to add. I don't know what would happen if you tried to enter the MB code on a new MDE that had no ticket linked, but I'm assuming the system would not allow you to add the MB and the MB would remain inactive and would not work at the kiosks.

So purchased MBs are almost certainly a no-go as a means for extra FP+. Unless we hear otherwise from someone who tries it.

Last edited by ScrapYap; 04-06-2014 at 10:43 PM.
ScrapYap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 02:56 AM   #188
ckelly14
Lurker

I remember hearing that canceling a reservation will "deactivate" a magic band. So, if cancel my current "throwaway room" (not needed anymore), will the MB still be linked to that MDE account?
ckelly14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 05:01 PM   #189
ScrapYap
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckelly14 View Post
I remember hearing that canceling a reservation will "deactivate" a magic band. So, if cancel my current "throwaway room" (not needed anymore), will the MB still be linked to that MDE account?
If the MB is deactivated, you won't be able to use it. But I think it would still be linked to its MDE. (If you click on the MBs on your MDE you can choose to "deactivate" as well as to "reactivate." Though if Disney does the deactivating, presumably you wouldn't be able to reactivate. And maybe it would disappear from your MDE. I'd be curious to know what happens.
Old 04-06-2014, 05:33 PM   #190
wn01aa
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizprincess27 View Post
Yes Scrapyap they were so I'm out of luck here but I will have the disability card so that might help a bit I'd be remiss to say after reading all these posts I'm a bit nervous but going into this praying I can still have a great time! Thanks for clearing that up for me!
What if for your new reservation you make a new MDE account with a new email address. You can link the new tickets and new MagicBands (so you can get some advanced FP+ reservations) but maybe then the old MagicBands from previous trips will still work since they are not linked to the new account/new trip but are still active.

Last edited by wn01aa; 04-06-2014 at 05:45 PM.
wn01aa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 06:44 PM   #191
ScrapYap
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wn01aa View Post
What if for your new reservation you make a new MDE account with a new email address. You can link the new tickets and new MagicBands (so you can get some advanced FP+ reservations) but maybe then the old MagicBands from previous trips will still work since they are not linked to the new account/new trip but are still active.
That would be ideal -- because you wouldn't be risking the possibility that the loophole will be closed by the time you go, and you'll be assured your first choice of FP+ by booking in advance. The old MBs will (as of right now) definitely work for same-day FP+ at the kiosks (= CM with a pad). You could use the old MBs to park hop or just to get a second set in the same park.
Old 04-06-2014, 07:22 PM   #192
wn01aa
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrapYap View Post
That would be ideal -- because you wouldn't be risking the possibility that the loophole will be closed by the time you go, and you'll be assured your first choice of FP+ by booking in advance. The old MBs will (as of right now) definitely work for same-day FP+ at the kiosks (= CM with a pad). You could use the old MBs to park hop or just to get a second set in the same park.
That is what I was thinking too. Then you have at least your for sure FP+ reservations under your new MDE account and linked tickets but can try the bands from previous trips too at the kiosks from the old MDE account.
Old 04-06-2014, 07:31 PM   #193
Fratthouse
Mouseketeer

Could I set up a MDE account for my room-only reservation and a separate MDE account for my ticket info? Since off-site-ers can now book FP+ at 30 days out? So with my tickets linked, I could book advanced FP+ at 30 days, then use MB from room reservation for add'l FP+ in the park? Does that make sense?

Grand Floridian 2009
Contemporary 2010
Poly 2012
Contemporary 2013 CL
Animal Kingdom Villas 2013

Fratthouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 07:32 PM   #194
jjj444
DIS Veteran

This is all so confusing to me. Here is my scenario: we have 4 no expire tickets that I haven't linked to anything yet. I am waiting for a trade to come through wit my RCI timeshare(we have done it before) and as soon as I book a room I was planning on linking magic bands to my room. Do I link my paper tickets too or just use them at the parks at the kiosks for fast passes??
May 2008 Disneyland: Me, DH, Son and baby in my belly
July 4th 2008 Disneyworld:Me, DH, Son and baby in my belly go with Grandma and cousins
May 2010 Disneyworld: Me, DH,Son and Daughter(her first trip outside of womb)
May 6th and 7th 2011 for 2 quick days before the beach!
October 18th-26th:Me, Dh, Son and daughter did MNSSHP, saw new Fantasyland and went to Food and wine
Oct 24th-31st 2014: Me, DH,DS and DD staying at AKL Kidani
jjj444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 07:39 PM   #195
wn01aa
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fratthouse View Post
Could I set up a MDE account for my room-only reservation and a separate MDE account for my ticket info? Since off-site-ers can now book FP+ at 30 days out? So with my tickets linked, I could book advanced FP+ at 30 days, then use MB from room reservation for add'l FP+ in the park? Does that make sense?
That might work. They should send a Magicband for the room only account and I think you don't need a room linked to attach tickets so the other account could be used for FP advance reservations (30 days out). Just thinking where they put those reservations unless you buy a magicbands for the ticket only account (so you have 2 sets).

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: