Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2014, 04:18 PM   #151
ScrapYap
Mouseketeer

In my experience, you have to link tickets to your MDE before you can make FP+ in advance. I assume you had linked your ticket info to your first reservation. You don't link to FP+ - you link to your tickets to your MDE (or choose to refrain from doing so!).

Probably your new reservation is linked to your tickets, too. Have you used MDE to bring up that new reservation and make new FP+? I'm guessing it would only allow you to change the FP+ you made earlier for the first reservation -- not make a second set. I'd be curious to know what happens.

Since both reservations are linked to the same tickets, I would have thought that all the MagicBands you have (from the two reservations) would reflect the same one set of FP)+. Both sets of your MagicBands have the same profile -- your MDE account information. Eventually, Disney will stop sending out multiple sets of MBs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misha5454 View Post
Initially, I had a room only reservation and the MB's were already sent to my house. We decided last minute to add the dining plan, so the CM cancelled the entire reservation and re-book a new one same room, same resort plus dining plan. I received an email saying that the MB's are at the resort waiting for us when we arrive. Well, we don't need any more magic bands but I am assuming that the ones at the hotel will be linked to the hotel only, until we link them to FP+. Right now, they are not attached to any FP+. So I was curious and wondered what happened to my original FP+ from the room only reservation and decided to look for them. They were still there even though that reservation was cancelled and those MB's are active. Yes, each MB creates it's own profile with each resort stay booked, which is weird. Wasn't my intention and never thought anything of this but that's what happened.
Old 03-13-2014, 04:21 PM   #152
ScrapYap
Mouseketeer

If the tickets are linked to the resort reservation, probably you won't get two sets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALDSMD View Post
If I have conference tickets that are linked to my ME app, but not to my MB(MB only good for hotel and magical express) will I be able to use the MB for extra fastpasses at a kiosk. I have to use my tickets to get in the park and my MB for the hotel. I'm assuming because I linked the tickets to ME that the MB won't work at kiosk because they are also linked to ME. What do you think?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-13-2014, 05:25 PM   #153
karebear06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwang123 View Post
its also against DIS policy to discuss moderation such as when or when not to close threads. which i am violating now, so i assume we will both get infractions.
If the statement I made is considered a violation, than I guess I'm guilty.

At least I can go to sleep at night knowing Im being honest, ethical, and not cheating the system.
(Or is cheating the system called strategizing now???)
karebear06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 07:08 PM   #154
dizprincess27
DIS Veteran

Question on old MBs

Gosh I feel a little guilty asking this but I have 3 MB's from my October trip can I use them on this trip to obtain other fastpasses and if so how do I work that if I choose FP+ with my new MBs? Thanks everyone!
Old 03-13-2014, 07:40 PM   #155
Rip
Proud Redhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizprincess27 View Post
Gosh I feel a little guilty asking this but I have 3 MB's from my October trip can I use them on this trip to obtain other fastpasses and if so how do I work that if I choose FP+ with my new MBs? Thanks everyone!
If you do apparently your soul will be in grave danger.

Lol
Rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 08:09 PM   #156
dizprincess27
DIS Veteran

LOL it probably already is but seriously though can this work for me?
Old 03-13-2014, 08:11 PM   #157
ScrapYap
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizprincess27 View Post
Your previous MB's were not linked to your tickets? If they were linked, then your new MBs and old MBs will all link back to the same MDE and you will get only one set of FP+ regardless of which MB you use.

And you can't choose FP+ in advance unless you link your tickets to MDE.
Old 03-13-2014, 08:35 PM   #158
dizprincess27
DIS Veteran

Yes Scrapyap they were so I'm out of luck here but I will have the disability card so that might help a bit I'd be remiss to say after reading all these posts I'm a bit nervous but going into this praying I can still have a great time! Thanks for clearing that up for me!
Old 03-13-2014, 10:10 PM   #159
Misha5454
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrapYap View Post
In my experience, you have to link tickets to your MDE before you can make FP+ in advance. I assume you had linked your ticket info to your first reservation. You don't link to FP+ - you link to your tickets to your MDE (or choose to refrain from doing so!).

Probably your new reservation is linked to your tickets, too. Have you used MDE to bring up that new reservation and make new FP+? I'm guessing it would only allow you to change the FP+ you made earlier for the first reservation -- not make a second set. I'd be curious to know what happens.

Since both reservations are linked to the same tickets, I would have thought that all the MagicBands you have (from the two reservations) would reflect the same one set of FP)+. Both sets of your MagicBands have the same profile -- your MDE account information. Eventually, Disney will stop sending out multiple sets of MBs.
When I search for the new reservation it shows no FP's. The weird part is when I check on my MDE under reservations it shows a message that there was a problem locating my FP+. Try later or contact guest services. So the FP's are linked to the 1st set of bands only and are not recognized in my reservation for the second set. But whenever I go to FP+ to make selections or changes it's there only.
Misha5454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 10:15 PM   #160
Misha5454
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckelly14 View Post
Interesting. Are the original MB's linked to the same MDE account that you made the new reservation?
It shows all my MB's even the ones I have to pick up at the resort. But the ones at the resort are not showing any FP's linked to them. All my ADR's are there but it's not showing FP's. I received a message saying there was an error locating your FP's try again or contact guest services. So it appears the FP's are only linked to the cancelled reservation bands which are active and not the new set.
Misha5454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 07:13 AM   #161
ckelly14
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misha5454 View Post
It shows all my MB's even the ones I have to pick up at the resort. But the ones at the resort are not showing any FP's linked to them. All my ADR's are there but it's not showing FP's. I received a message saying there was an error locating your FP's try again or contact guest services. So it appears the FP's are only linked to the cancelled reservation bands which are active and not the new set.
Yes, but was the cancelled reservation on the same MDE account? If it was, those MB's will all link back to the same set of FP's.
ckelly14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 04:12 PM   #162
ScrapYap
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckelly14 View Post
Yes, but was the cancelled reservation on the same MDE account? If it was, those MB's will all link back to the same set of FP's.
That's the main point -- it's all about whether the MB's are linked to your MDE -- and if it's the same MDE (in which case every MB you have will be essentially a duplicate of the other).
Old 03-22-2014, 07:47 PM   #163
Gryhndmom
Coast to Coast 2013....PHM and DL Half

Scrap yap...love the thread ! I am doing a girls only military wife trip in May and have talked about not linking my military park hopper tickets to our MDE (scored a military discount at grand Floridian so I guess according to some on this thread that may be considered gaming or abusing the system...). Anyway....I too am not a fan of the new FP system and only three passes per day for one park. Since almost everybody I travel with (whether it be DH or my friends) likes to park hop it really forces you to stay in one park per day...yuck !

I will say when I called reserv to book my military rate the CM asked if I would be getting a military park hopper at my local.base which I replied yes so I guess as of now they are not are not requiring tickets to be linked to magic bands.
Gryhndmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 08:42 PM   #164
ScrapYap
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryhndmom View Post
Scrap yap...love the thread ! I am doing a girls only military wife trip in May and have talked about not linking my military park hopper tickets to our MDE (scored a military discount at grand Floridian so I guess according to some on this thread that may be considered gaming or abusing the system...). Anyway....I too am not a fan of the new FP system and only three passes per day for one park. Since almost everybody I travel with (whether it be DH or my friends) likes to park hop it really forces you to stay in one park per day...yuck !

I will say when I called reserv to book my military rate the CM asked if I would be getting a military park hopper at my local.base which I replied yes so I guess as of now they are not are not requiring tickets to be linked to magic bands.
Congratulations on scoring the GF reservation. Hope you have no trouble park hopping with your unlinked bands. You should be able to get FP+ in each park if the bands aren't linked to your reservation/MDE.
Old 04-01-2014, 11:22 AM   #165
wraunch
Earning My Ears

I'm new to the Fastpass+, I know the old FP system well though. I am going down for a week starting 4/12. I will be staying off property at a condo. What do I need to do to use the FP+ system? I already have my tix but I do not have MBs. Can I still get fastpasses with just my tix? Can I get more if I buy MBs for each of us and use the tix?
wraunch is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: