Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2014, 02:41 PM   #136
ScrapYap
Mouseketeer

Don't forget that this is all likely to change, possibly very soon - when Disney requires MBs or tickets to be used for park entry in order to use them at the park kiosks for same day FP+.

To use a ticket at the FP+ kiosks, you just tap your ticket. The system recognizes you by name. You'll be asked if you'd like to tap additional tickets for other people who are with you in order to get FP+ together. If you do, you tap those cards. You enter no personal information. Just tap the cards

If you have already made FP+ advance reservations on your MDE and your MDE is linked to your ticket, then the FP+ you've already made in advance will come up on the FP+ kiosk screen in the park when you tap the ticket, and you will not be offered additional FP+. So you can use either your MB or your ticket to use the kiosks or when arriving at the attraction to use your FP+. But you can't use both. Your MB and ticket will both reflect back to the same MDE account -- if the ticket information has been linked on MDE.

I think FP+ are only for active reservations -- but don't know. You're right, the possibilities are crazy. I was only talking about unlinked MBs I already have in hand (for resort stays that I actually made), not ones I was obtaining by making and canceling reservations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckelly14 View Post
Question for anyone that has used a ticket (not MB) at a Kiosk to make same day FP+ reservations: Do you input any identifying information (for example, email) into the computer, or do you just swipe the card? I find this thread fascinating because it suggests something about the underlying technology that I never knew. I always assumed that FP+ was linked somehow to the ticket information. However, this loophole suggests that FP+ are linked to MDE account, regardless of ticket media being present.

The theoretical question would be, if you made 60 day FP+ advanced reservations, but were somehow able to "unlink" your ticket, would the FP+ remain?

Better yet, I am starting out my stay in June with one day at the Beach Club, in order to receive 60 day advanced FP+ reservations for my entire stay at Disney (1 day Beach club, 5 days Dolphin) I have tickets linked.

Let's say I make my FP+ reservations then cancel my onsite stay. What happens? Are the FP+ reservations still there? What if I then re-booked another onsite reservation under a different e-mail? Would I be able to make same day FP+ with the magic bands I received from that reservation?

Crazy possibilities. Of course, not that I will be doing this...
Old 03-12-2014, 02:45 PM   #137
ScrapYap
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakiraMarlena View Post
The constitutional right to free speech doesn't apply to a privately owned internet message board anyway. It applies to the government, not a private venture.
That's true. But this privately owned internet message board has succeeded in part because it allows people to respectfully discuss allowed uses of various systems (transportation, dining, touring) at Disney. I didn't create this use of MBs and tickets -- Disney did. I just want to discuss it.

Unfortunately, discussions aren't always respectful. And it is sad when people are afraid to speak about an issue or to ask questions because they are afraid of flames. Flames should simply be deleted to keep discussion threads open. This is what I meant by "free speech."
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-12-2014, 02:49 PM   #138
Rip
Proud Redhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavadell View Post
Inalienable
Which sucked out loud but was still better than that atrocious Stitch abomination they replaced it with.
Rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 02:50 PM   #139
Rip
Proud Redhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5ward View Post
Gotta love a cheater...or, from the posts in this thread, a bunch of cheaters.
You aren't hurting Disney, but you are affecting the people who won't be able to get any FP+s because you gamed the system.
Life's not fair, they should have gotten there earlier.
Old 03-12-2014, 04:36 PM   #140
MickeyMinnieMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by karebear06 View Post
Is it not against DIS policy to discuss cheating the system?

... This thread should have been closed a long time ago.
^ this

MickeyMinnieMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 04:42 PM   #141
5Hfan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip View Post
Life's not fair, they should have gotten there earlier.
like say rope drop for legacy fast pass? oh wait...
5Hfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 05:58 PM   #142
Rip
Proud Redhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5Hfan View Post
like say rope drop for legacy fast pass? oh wait...
Bingo. Sorry I just don't care if there is a loophole that (a) Disney knows about and/or (b) that people can use to their advantage.
Old 03-13-2014, 08:39 AM   #143
mickeymom629
DIS Veteran

With the FP- system, I was usually the FP runner. When we learned (from the DIS) that FPs were good even after the expiration time, we took advantage. It was even a strategy from TGM.

We found out, on the DIS, which attraction's FPs are not connected to the others (DL and WDW). We took advantage of this in our touring plan.

I also made my family get to rope drop.

Some people buy and use touring plans.

If some people want to use the FP+ strategy here, it's not like everyone on the DIS is going during the same time period. And, even with the best planning, I'm sure there will people who plan to do this but won't actually end up doing it on their vacation. So I don't think this is going to make a huge impact on any given day at any given park, at least no more than DIS strategies before.

I understand why some people find this "disgusting" but it's really not any different than other strategies that help optimize your vacation goals (getting the best spot for Fantasmic! or a water park, for example. Booking reservations (like the campground) that someone isn't going to actually use kind of rubs me the wrong way because that takes away a spot for some people to actually be in WDW, but I guess it's all part of the strategy and if someone wants to pay for something to get something else, I would have to agree they are "entitled" to do that. I, personally, wouldn't go to any length just to get FPs.

I was telling DH about this thread last night. Now that our kids are older and we don't go as often, I don't think we will ever be trying to go out of our way to hoard fps, but I will definitely remember this thread if I change my mind!

In January 2013, on our last day, we found out that we had more days on our tickets left (than we should technically have had) because of a "glitch" in Disney's system . Those of us who were flying out later in the day were able to go to EPCOT "free", until our ME bus left. We were staying at BWV and, when I went to buy us another day on our ticket, we were told we had 3 days left! Unfortunately, 3 of us had already left to drive home and the rest of us were flying out (and we had no place to stay for 3 more nights anyway). I posted on the DIS how this happened and what the Disney "glitch" was. I don't think anyone here on the DIS picked up on what I was trying to convey but, oh well.. Don't know if it is still a "glitch".

2014 Feb AKV/BLT for PHM!!; 2013 Jan ASM/BWV grand villa!!; 2012 April DL/DCA GCV (spring break); 2010 March Princess Half Marathon POFQ/BWV; 2009 May SSR villa; 2008 June OKW; 2008 March (Spring break) BWV; 2007 Dec. Quality Suites; 2007 July POP/OKW; 2006 April (Spring break) Quality Suites/OKW; 2005 June/July ASSp/OKW; 2005 March - (Spring break) OKW;2004 June/July CBR/OKW; 2003 Dec. BWV; 2003 Jan. Wonder Cruise/HH; 2002 Apr. (Spring break) VWL; 2001 July OKW; 2000 Aug. FW cabin/BWV; 1999 Oct./Nov. ASM/ASSp Became DVC owners!; 1998 Apr./May FW Cabin; 1993 Dec. Travelodge

Last edited by mickeymom629; 03-13-2014 at 08:48 AM.
mickeymom629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 09:47 AM   #144
ckelly14
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrapYap View Post
Don't forget that this is all likely to change, possibly very soon - when Disney requires MBs or tickets to be used for park entry in order to use them at the park kiosks for same day FP+.

To use a ticket at the FP+ kiosks, you just tap your ticket. The system recognizes you by name. You'll be asked if you'd like to tap additional tickets for other people who are with you in order to get FP+ together. If you do, you tap those cards. You enter no personal information. Just tap the cards

If you have already made FP+ advance reservations on your MDE and your MDE is linked to your ticket, then the FP+ you've already made in advance will come up on the FP+ kiosk screen in the park when you tap the ticket, and you will not be offered additional FP+. So you can use either your MB or your ticket to use the kiosks or when arriving at the attraction to use your FP+. But you can't use both. Your MB and ticket will both reflect back to the same MDE account -- if the ticket information has been linked on MDE.

I think FP+ are only for active reservations -- but don't know. You're right, the possibilities are crazy. I was only talking about unlinked MBs I already have in hand (for resort stays that I actually made), not ones I was obtaining by making and canceling reservations.
Thanks for answering my questions and staying "on topic".

Certainly not advocating making and canceling reservations just to get MB's, but I have considered canceling my onsite reservation and I was curious as to what would happen with our FP+ selections, since there is no way I can think of to retroactively "unlink" my tickets...

So I assume unlinked tickets and Magic Bands create their own "account" when scanned for the purpose of FP+. It also stands to reason this is based on the ticket or MB number not your name or reservation. From Disney's standpoint, I don't really understand why a MB by itself would create a profile, but certainly understand this for tickets. .

Last edited by ckelly14; 03-13-2014 at 09:56 AM.
ckelly14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 10:32 AM   #145
Misha5454
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Thanks for answering my questions and staying "on topic".

Certainly not advocating making and canceling reservations just to get MB's, but I have considered canceling my onsite reservation and I was curious as to what would happen with our FP+ selections, since there is no way I can think of to retroactively "unlink" my tickets...

So I assume unlinked tickets and Magic Bands create their own "account" when scanned for the purpose of FP+. It also stands to reason this is based on the ticket or MB number not your name or reservation. From Disney's standpoint, I don't really understand why a MB by itself would create a profile, but certainly understand this for tickets. .
Initially, I had a room only reservation and the MB's were already sent to my house. We decided last minute to add the dining plan, so the CM cancelled the entire reservation and re-book a new one same room, same resort plus dining plan. I received an email saying that the MB's are at the resort waiting for us when we arrive. Well, we don't need any more magic bands but I am assuming that the ones at the hotel will be linked to the hotel only, until we link them to FP+. Right now, they are not attached to any FP+. So I was curious and wondered what happened to my original FP+ from the room only reservation and decided to look for them. They were still there even though that reservation was cancelled and those MB's are active. Yes, each MB creates it's own profile with each resort stay booked, which is weird. Wasn't my intention and never thought anything of this but that's what happened.
Misha5454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 12:11 PM   #146
ALDSMD
Earning My Ears

If I have conference tickets that are linked to my ME app, but not to my MB(MB only good for hotel and magical express) will I be able to use the MB for extra fastpasses at a kiosk. I have to use my tickets to get in the park and my MB for the hotel. I'm assuming because I linked the tickets to ME that the MB won't work at kiosk because they are also linked to ME. What do you think?
ALDSMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 03:54 PM   #147
ckelly14
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misha5454 View Post
Initially, I had a room only reservation and the MB's were already sent to my house. We decided last minute to add the dining plan, so the CM cancelled the entire reservation and re-book a new one same room, same resort plus dining plan. I received an email saying that the MB's are at the resort waiting for us when we arrive. Well, we don't need any more magic bands but I am assuming that the ones at the hotel will be linked to the hotel only, until we link them to FP+. Right now, they are not attached to any FP+. So I was curious and wondered what happened to my original FP+ from the room only reservation and decided to look for them. They were still there even though that reservation was cancelled and those MB's are active. Yes, each MB creates it's own profile with each resort stay booked, which is weird. Wasn't my intention and never thought anything of this but that's what happened.
Interesting. Are the original MB's linked to the same MDE account that you made the new reservation?
ckelly14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 04:06 PM   #148
bwang123

Quote:
Originally Posted by karebear06 View Post
Is it not against DIS policy to discuss cheating the system?

This is ridiculous especially if you are playing the free speech card. I can say a lot of things because of "free speech" but it doesn't make it right.

This thread should have been closed a long time ago.
its also against DIS policy to discuss moderation such as when or when not to close threads. which i am violating now, so i assume we will both get infractions.

bwang123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 04:08 PM   #149
ScrapYap
Mouseketeer

The MB doesn't create the profile -- it brings up the profile you created on the MDE used to make the resort reservation. The MB will bring up the names of all the people on the reservation and you can make FP+ for as many people as you have on the reservation.

So if you have made two (or more) reservations for resort stays with separate MDE accounts (meaning separate email addresses for each one), you will be sent separate MagicBands for each stay. And if none of the accounts are linked to tickets, each set will provide a set of FP+.

You'll get multiple sets of MBs for multiple reservations even if they're all made under the same MDE (until Disney stops doing that). But, even if you don't link tickets to MDE, I don't think you'd get multiple sets of FP+ because all the MBs will direct back to the same one MDE profile.

Quote:
From Disney's standpoint, I don't really understand why a MB by itself would create a profile, but certainly understand this for tickets. .

Last edited by ScrapYap; 03-13-2014 at 04:24 PM.
ScrapYap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 04:09 PM   #150
Fractal514
DVC Newbie

I knew it would take long for someone to figure out how to (cheat, work, scam, use fully) the new system. I wonder if this will be addressed by Disney and somehow fixed by simply tying the FP+ into having to have a valid ticket used that day. For what its worth, I think this is definitely a morally questionable thing to do as it is inherently dishonest, but if you're ok with it, go for it. Not to sound like a preachy jerk, but my soul isn't worth saving 20 minutes waiting for Space Mountain.
Fractal514 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: