Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Yesterday, 10:01 PM   #1
renes
Earning My Ears

AP and FP+

We have a trip planned Nov 9-16. There are 8 of us going that need tickets (2 are under 3), 5 have AP. My DH AP expired in July, he is still showing as having a ticket in MDE, I assume bc of the 30 day window. We were going to wait until we got there to renew, but we will be able to copy our FP (4) to the other 4 that will be getting tickets there? Should we just renew now? The other 3 will be getting military tickets.
renes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:06 PM   #2
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by renes View Post
We have a trip planned Nov 9-16. There are 8 of us going that need tickets (2 are under 3), 5 have AP. My DH AP expired in July,

1. he is still showing as having a ticket in MDE, I assume bc of the 30 day window.

2. We were going to wait until we got there to renew, but we will be able to copy our FP (4) to the other 4 that will be getting tickets there?

3. Should we just renew now?

4. The other 3 will be getting military tickets.
1. Well known GLITCH.
2. Maybe, but unlikely.
3. Good idea.
4. Can they buy them ASAP?

Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old Yesterday, 10:09 PM   #3
renes
Earning My Ears

No the other 3 cannot get tickets now. I think we will renew his before the end of his 30 days. I guess I have been so concerned with planning that I forgot all about DH AP renewal date.
renes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:03 AM   #4
JZCubed
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by renes View Post
No the other 3 cannot get tickets now. I think we will renew his before the end of his 30 days. I guess I have been so concerned with planning that I forgot all about DH AP renewal date.
This is one of the mistakes Disney has made with FP+ - people who plan ahead are likely placed in a position to speak with Customer Service to assist with linkages.

My wife & I are in a different AP Renewal cycle than our daughter and my in-laws who also travel with us.

About 30 days or less before my FP+ window opens, I get all tickets in place for every one in my family in anticipation of being able to make FP+ reservations.

Cast members can see things with your links that you yourself cannot. Getting these linkage problems taken care of as soon as possible, and likely with a Cast Member over the telephone is what I would advise.

So I come back to - purchase tickets and/or complete renewals as far in advance as is possible to avoid fewer hiccups when your FP+ window is open.

Akershus (3.0-stars* Food; 5* princess interaction). blueZoo (4.5* - Best (Sea) Food w/o jacket required), Boma (4.0* buffet breakfast*), Bongo's (3*), California Grill (3.5*food; 5*- Best View), Cape May Cafe (4* charcter breakfast w/ Goofy), Captain's Grille (2*), Chef Mickey's (2* food; 5* characters), Cinderella's Royal Table (2.5* food; 4* characters), Citrico's (3.5*), Coral Reef (3.5* food; 4.5* for the view), Crystal Palace (2*), 50's Prime Time Cafe (2.5*), Flying Fish (3.5*), Grand Floridian Cafe (3*), Hollywood Brown Derby (3*), House of Blues (3.5* - BBQ), Il Mulino (4*), Jiko (3.5*), Kouzinna (3.5* dinner; 4* breakfast), Le Cellier (3.5*), Les Chefs de France (3*), Marrakesh (3* - bit noisy; 4* belly dancers), Narcoossee's (3.5*), Rainforest Cafe (2*), Rose & Crown (2.5*), Sanaa (4.0*), Sci-Fi Theatre (2.5*), Shula's Steakhouse (4*), Sleepy Hollow (4* Qwik Serve chicken waffles & coffee drinks), Tamu Tamu (4* - Qwik Serve Hidden Gem) Victoria & Albert (5*- Best Service/Tasting Menu), Wave (3*), Yak & Yeti (1*)

On my 'to dine' list: Artist Point (Nov, 2014), Monsieur Paul (2015?), Ohana (2015?), Yachtman's Steakhouse (2015), & Spice Road (2015?).
JZCubed is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: