Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2014, 08:05 AM   #916
Ceryssa
Mouseketeer

We're booked in a RR in October and it looks like in the pictures there's no ceiling fan in those rooms. Kind of silly but we always sleep wot hours on at home, my husband has a hard time sleeping without it. Has anyone had an issue with the RR rooms not being cool enough? We aren't driving so we can't bring a fan with us.
Ceryssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 08:12 AM   #917
lillykat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceryssa View Post
We're booked in a RR in October and it looks like in the pictures there's no ceiling fan in those rooms. Kind of silly but we always sleep wot hours on at home, my husband has a hard time sleeping without it. Has anyone had an issue with the RR rooms not being cool enough? We aren't driving so we can't bring a fan with us.
No fan in the royal rooms. I am often hot but I was very comfortable in our room. AC worked well no complaints.
May 2013 POR Princess Trip! May 2010 POLY DD#2's 1st birthdaySept 2008 POLY - DD#1's 1st tripApril 2004 - AKL honeymoonJanuary 2002 at AKL
lillykat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-23-2014, 08:18 AM   #918
KelleyK75
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabm01 View Post
Our stay is from May 30-June 5. I just called to see how much it would be to add an extra night on the 29th. I don't want/need an extra day of dining because we would arrive late that night, so I would book room only. The CM told me that I couldn't be guaranteed the same room for the 29th and the rest of the stay if I booked room only. What are the odds that I would have to switch rooms on the 30th?

I don't know for sure, but I did this same thing and didn't have to move. I had a reservation for a long time and about a month before arrival I called to see if I could add one more day. They said sure and added it on. I asked if I would keep the same room and they said yes. When I got to POR I never had a problem and didn't have to move. Good luck!

Sept 2010 - CBR

March 2014 - POR

Next trip....Hoping for a few days in Feb. 2015 and planning birthday trip Dec 2015. And hopefully one sooner.

Setting goal to run the Princess Half Marathon, 2016.
KelleyK75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 08:23 AM   #919
KelleyK75
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbmartin View Post
3. How is the breakfast at the food court? We're looking for something easy for a couple of the days... my husband just cannot go without his three meals each day (I just don't get it ... ).

Thanks in advance! So happy to have found DisBoards... so much info!

With all of the time in the parks we didn't have time to do much at the resort (which I regret, because there was so much to do!) We did have breakfast though, and it was good. They have several different choices.

Sept 2010 - CBR

March 2014 - POR

Next trip....Hoping for a few days in Feb. 2015 and planning birthday trip Dec 2015. And hopefully one sooner.

Setting goal to run the Princess Half Marathon, 2016.
KelleyK75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 08:37 AM   #920
LisaTC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsheliz View Post
I switched over to PoR for a weekend trip we have in June.... Only problem is- we had to book preferred as river, garden and standard was not available... The preferred room is running about $120.00 more than POP ( where we were booked for 2 nights ( we were going to try to stay cheap this time since it is such a short trip) and about 80.00 more than CBR.. I almost want to spring for a royal!

Is the preferred really worth the extra and where are preferred rooms located here? I really don't like the look of the AB rooms and I'm thinking I've read that on here... Anything to request?
(We love having a corner room...)

I just want to make sure I make a good decision as my 45 day mark is coming up on Tuesday! It is such a beautiful resort in the pictures!
Preferred, as mentioned is in Alligator Bayou. I just looked for June 7th-13 and poolview is available and it is the same rate as Preferred. You could, then, fax a request for Poolview, mansions, near Old man's island bridge. Just a thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillykat View Post
No fan in the royal rooms. I am often hot but I was very comfortable in our room. AC worked well no complaints.
Not for October, likely, would you be overly hot. I like to be cool, too. I'm a 53 year old female...need I say more? LOL, but did not feel uncomfortable at all. A/C worked well. I've seen small fans about 8" that run under $10.00 you could put on your night stand. Doesn't take up too much space, but will take up some.

Quote:
Hi everyone! My husband and I are finally going for our honeymoon in August this year, and we couldn't be more excited. I have been to POR once before, but a lot of this information is new to me! I have a few questions.....

It sounds like a lot of people like Yee-Haw Bob's show... just wondering, will the show be interesting to us as young adults (late 20s)? I love piano bars, but I was wondering if it's overly "kiddy." We'll probably get to Jellyrolls at the Boardwalk at some point. How long do you suggest being at Yee-Haw Bob's show? Is it really packed all the time? For example - if we randomly show up around 10 pm, is it going to be difficult to find seats?
He's fun. Lots of slapstick, loud, overt type of comedy. All kinds of music & songs. Very silly, but entertaining. He's quite a talented pianist/musician really. He has a website. Worth a look for sure.

Quote:
How is the breakfast at the food court? We're looking for something easy for a couple of the days... my husband just cannot go without his three meals each day (I just don't get it ... ) Thanks in advance! So happy to have found DisBoards... so much info!
I think they have a very decent breakfast. They have the typical breakfast platters available at all Disney CS resort places - eggs, sausage or bacon, potatoes or waffles, etc., we well as omelets and pastries, bagels, etc. I especially like their oatmeal. Sounds weird to get that at WDW, but they have all these toppings - craisins, raisins, bananas, nuts, fresh berries, granola, etc. You can get a snack size (which was very ample) or a CS size. I thought it was the best deal and very satiating.

LisaTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 08:50 AM   #921
Ismo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillykat View Post
Agreed. The first night we put the AC on too low and neither one of us wanted to get out of bed to turn it down in the morning! You should be fine

09/03/14 - Official DVC Members at GF!!!

Poly w/Family - 09/03 - 09/14 '95
POR w/DH & Family - Arcadian - 03/23 - 03/30 '13
POR w/DH & Family - Oak - 08/15 - 08/23 '14
Ismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 09:02 AM   #922
Marsheliz
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=LisaTC;51260445]Preferred, as mentioned is in Alligator Bayou. I just looked for June 7th-13 and poolview is available and it is the same rate as Preferred. You could, then, fax a request for Poolview, mansions, near Old man's island bridge. Just a thought.

Ok, that is a good idea. How close would this be to the food court, do you know?

I was also looking this morning and a royal room is available.. It is only a few dollars more than preferred... Is it worth the RR since I am already paying for preferred? I have two boys but they are young and wont mind the princess part.. If anything, I think they would enjoy the fireworks..

Is the RR in a good location?

No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep believing.. The dreams that you dream... Really do come true....

April 2005- Offsite.. My now DH's first time
December 2005- Offsite ( ENGAGED at MK)
December 2007- Offsite ( Pregnant with Lawson)
February 2011-All Star Sport ( Pregnant with Landen)
September 2012- 1 night @ POFQ
September 2012- 3 nights @ AOA
October 2013- Caribbean Beach Resort
June 2014- Weekend Surprise at Port Orleans Riverside!

October 2013 TR- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3207813
June 2014 TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3293489
Marsheliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 10:23 AM   #923
GigiDisneyfreak
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabm01 View Post
Our stay is from May 30-June 5. I just called to see how much it would be to add an extra night on the 29th. I don't want/need an extra day of dining because we would arrive late that night, so I would book room only. The CM told me that I couldn't be guaranteed the same room for the 29th and the rest of the stay if I booked room only. What are the odds that I would have to switch rooms on the 30th?
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelleyK75 View Post
I don't know for sure, but I did this same thing and didn't have to move. I had a reservation for a long time and about a month before arrival I called to see if I could add one more day. They said sure and added it on. I asked if I would keep the same room and they said yes. When I got to POR I never had a problem and didn't have to move. Good luck!
I could be wrong but it sounds like KelleyK75 added on to an existing reservation. Which would not cause her to possibly have to switch rooms. Tabm01 sounds like you are going to make a room only reservation for the 29th, but have a package for the rest of the trip. If this is the case that is technically 2 different reservations. That is why they tell you you may have to switch rooms. Trust me they will do everything possible to keep you in the same room. I imagine that not having a lot of requests increases the chances that they would not need to move you. I only had this problem once. It was at POR. I was there for Pop Warner but because I wanted to extend my vacation it was under 2 reservations and they told me the same thing but I was able to keep my room.

Me, DD(21), DD(15), DGD(2)

Feb. 1987, 1988, and 1990 offsite; July 1992 offsite; Aug 1994 offsite; Oct 1996 Poly and POR(bayou); Sept. 1997 ASMu; Nov. 1998 CBR; May 2002 AKL; Dec. 2004 & 2005 POR(mansions), Mar. 2009 CSR, Mar. 2013 YC,

Last edited by GigiDisneyfreak; 04-23-2014 at 10:26 AM. Reason: correction
GigiDisneyfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 11:21 AM   #924
LisaTC
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=Marsheliz;51260672]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaTC View Post
Preferred, as mentioned is in Alligator Bayou. I just looked for June 7th-13 and poolview is available and it is the same rate as Preferred. You could, then, fax a request for Poolview, mansions, near Old man's island bridge. Just a thought.

Ok, that is a good idea. How close would this be to the food court, do you know?

I was also looking this morning and a royal room is available.. It is only a few dollars more than preferred... Is it worth the RR since I am already paying for preferred? I have two boys but they are young and wont mind the princess part.. If anything, I think they would enjoy the fireworks..

Is the RR in a good location?

RR standard could be farther from the dining court (but I just checked and saw that was unavail) and some garden view rooms could be farther, as well, but RR Riverfront could, in theory, be closer (mostly - some on the furthest wing of Parterre can be viewed as a hike to some folks) and some RR Pool view rooms, as are nicely located. If it isn't that much of a price difference and your boys don't mind, the royal rooms are kinda cool. We were in Royal Riverfront in Oak Manor not too far from the 2nd foot bridge which dumps out behind the lobby/registration. It was a 5 minute walk, max for us each morning. That said, we were in Pool View in Acadian one year and that was a quick walk to the foot bridge near Ol' Man Island which takes you around the main swimming pool to another bridge right by the food court. So, in Acadian, poolview, we were closer to the Main pool & obviously quick access to the quiet pool and a tiny bit further from the food court and in Oak Manor we were a bit further from the main pool (quiet pool was fairly close) but easy access across the bridge to the Main building.

For me, unless you are standard view looking at a parking lot or at the very back of Alligator Bayou, I don't think you are very far, but that's just me. Some think there's too much walking at POR. Well, it's all perspective, I guess. As much as I walk at Disney, the resort didn't seem that overwhelming to me. I just looked at Andre's maps and decided location (not room number but location of desired room numbers) and made my request according. The maps he has are quite handy!

Last edited by LisaTC; 04-23-2014 at 11:28 AM.
Old 04-23-2014, 11:40 AM   #925
Marsheliz
DIS Veteran

Ok.. I called Disney around 11:30 to double check and it is still available...

The RR rooms are just gorgeous and it is exactly $8.56 more than preferred...

The boys won't mind.. They are only 2 and 5. They just care about the pool and MK. LOL

So, if you were me, would you do the RR over the preferred? I'm not that concerned about walking, etc as this is just a weekend trip.. We just went in October for a big trip and we are going back at end of next February. We were just going to do POP since it's such a quick weekend but decided since that Friday is a "down day at resort " I would rather stay at a nicer resort and it will give me a chance to check it out for our spring trip with our friends that have never been!

I am just torn.. I would have rather just did standard but got to take what is available, of course. Thanks for your help!

No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep believing.. The dreams that you dream... Really do come true....

Old 04-23-2014, 11:52 AM   #926
LisaTC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ok.. I called Disney around 11:30 to double check and it is still available...

The RR rooms are just gorgeous and it is exactly $8.56 more than preferred...

The boys won't mind.. They are only 2 and 5. They just care about the pool and MK. LOL

So, if you were me, would you do the RR over the preferred? I'm not that concerned about walking, etc as this is just a weekend trip.. We just went in October for a big trip and we are going back at end of next February. We were just going to do POP since it's such a quick weekend but decided since that Friday is a "down day at resort " I would rather stay at a nicer resort and it will give me a chance to check it out for our spring trip with our friends that have never been!

I am just torn.. I would have rather just did standard but got to take what is available, of course. Thanks for your help!
ETA: Since you are having a down day and checking it out, do that...check it out, wander around...it, to me, is fab!

Your boys will love the POR pool, I think. There is a cool slide. I'd definitely take the RR over preferred, but that's me. IF you don't care for the vibe of Alligator bayou, you will definitely like the Royal rooms. I think you will find the grounds and the boat to DTD just great. They show movies outside, too. I think for 8.56...I'd bite!

Last edited by LisaTC; 04-23-2014 at 12:01 PM. Reason: Add
Old 04-23-2014, 11:55 AM   #927
Marsheliz
DIS Veteran

OK!! Anything I should know about in terms of requesting? We generally love a ground level/corner room...

So, you're saying you think it would only be a 5 min or so walk to the food court and/or pool? I guess it's not a huge deal, as this is only a weekend visit but still just wondering.

Thanks a lot Lisa!!

Old 04-23-2014, 11:57 AM   #928
Candlelady
A dream is a wish your heart makes

We'll be checking in to POR on Friday, 5-2.
My daughter and granddaughter will be joining us, but not arriving until Sunday, 5-4. (so darned excited for my little princess to see the castle for the first time!)

Should I still check in online?
I will need to go to the desk to have a few days of the extra adult charge taken off the reservation anyway.
So not sure online check-in will actually save me any time or if it will screw up the issue.

Thanks for your help
Candlelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 12:07 PM   #929
LisaTC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
OK!! Anything I should know about in terms of requesting? We generally love a ground level/corner room...

So, you're saying you think it would only be a 5 min or so walk to the food court and/or pool? I guess it's not a huge deal, as this is only a weekend visit but still just wondering.

Thanks a lot Lisa!!
So, did you book Royal Garden View, pool view? That would help me help you with your fax request.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candlelady View Post
We'll be checking in to POR on Friday, 5-2.
My daughter and granddaughter will be joining us, but not arriving until Sunday, 5-4. (so darned excited for my little princess to see the castle for the first time!)

Should I still check in online?
I will need to go to the desk to have a few days of the extra adult charge taken off the reservation anyway.
So not sure online check-in will actually save me any time or if it will screw up the issue.

Thanks for your help
If you have changes anyway, online check may not be for you. I'm on the fence with online check-in. Have done it, they couldn't find it. Haven't done it and it was just as quick. I don't know. That was no help, was it??

Old 04-23-2014, 12:57 PM   #930
maryj11
DIS Veteran

Has anyone walked up to the carriage ride and been able to ride without reservations ? If so how did you go about paying for it ?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: