Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2014, 09:32 PM   #31
JamieLM
Mouseketeer

Hello, first timer here, I booked our vacation for Oct and chose Magnolia bend (standard room) bc it seems close to dining and a bus station. They have us at courtyard view, not sure where that is. Is this a good location? Will we be by any construction in Oct. Thank you.
JamieLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 10:12 PM   #32
jacquelinemc
Mouseketeer

So excited! Have a room only booked for the 2015 Princess Half Marathon with my BFF next February! We have a Royal Room with pool view...I want these 12 months to race by!
jacquelinemc is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-07-2014, 05:00 AM   #33
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbie68 View Post
What is the best time frame to eat breakfast in the food court for crowds. We are flexible with time?
7am-8am is usually pretty good. Even better earlier, but they only do bakery/cold items between 6am and 7am. To be honest, it doesn't really quieten off too much until lunchtime (even after 10am it is still quite busy).

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeahA View Post
I saw in the picture that the Mansion rooms have ceiling fans, do the AB rooms have ceiling fans too? Are the a/c units loud? We love having a white noise while we sleep, either will do the tricks!
Yes, AB rooms have the ceiling fans, it's only the Royal Rooms which don't. The aircon units are stand-alone boxes near the door, and yes they can be quite noisy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flutterby3744 View Post
Our first day we are flying in and plan on hanging out at the resort to get our vacation legs on. Here's my question: we want to eat at Boatwrights for dinner, and I currently have an ADR, but I was wondering if it's necessary.
In peak season it might be a good idea to have a reservation, as although it's not the busiest location at WDW, it can still get full around peak dining times. But often you can get away with a walk-up. It might be worth checking a few days before and see how busy they seem to be before cancelling your ADR (which can be done 24 hours beforehand without penalty)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieLM View Post
Hello, first timer here, I booked our vacation for Oct and chose Magnolia bend (standard room) bc it seems close to dining and a bus station. They have us at courtyard view, not sure where that is. Is this a good location? Will we be by any construction in Oct. Thank you.
There is no such thing as a 'Courtyard' View booking, just Standard View, Garden View, Pool View, etc. Also, you can't specifically book the Magnolia Bend section, it will only be there as a request on your reservation and you could just as easily get a room in the Alligator Bayou section. Requests are often met of course, but it's not a guarantee.

'Standard View' rooms are basically in all the parts of the resort which mostly overlook the parking lots, although sometimes you'll get some trees or other vegetation, or a nice lawn or fountain courtyard, between you and the cars. See the building floorplan maps which are linked from post #4 in this thread.

On the plus side, the current roofing work at Oak Manor (which is not the same area that you would be in anyway) will be complete by then - but there's no guarantee that something else might not be in progress then of course.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14

Last edited by andrewilley; 03-07-2014 at 05:11 AM.
andrewilley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 05:49 AM   #34
bobbie68
DIS Veteran

Thank you Andre for your answer with the breakfast time. It really helps my planning.
bobbie68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 08:14 AM   #35
germ539
Goofy is my favorite

subscribing

I'm here too, I live through everyone else that gets to go this year. (We went last year and had a wonderfull room at POR)
2013 - Port Orleans Riverside
germ539 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 08:33 AM   #36
ttcl516
Mouseketeer

Hopped over from the last thread.....355 days to go!!

POR Riverside AB Feb 28 - Mar 7, 2013
ttcl516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 08:45 AM   #37
ConvenientTruth
Mouseketeer

100 days....Haven't stayed POR since 2004 and looking forward to getting back there...
Old 03-07-2014, 09:00 AM   #38
Dittz
Mouseketeer

Made it. 204 days until we get to live like royalty for a week.
2010 - Son's 5th Birthday trip to WDW - 1st time staying on site

Dittz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 09:07 AM   #39
AmyKat
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
Dining Reservations can be made 180 days from the date of your first arrival day. But at 180 days from day one you can make reservations for all of your days during that stay until you leave the resort. So you do not have to make day 1's ressies then wait til tomorrow and make day 2, etc.

I hope it helps, but if not let me know I can help you.
Actually, you are limited to 10 days past your check in day. For people staying longer than 10 days, like the OP, you have to call back to book for reservations post day 10.

To the OP, I don't know the official answer to your question, but you would have better luck on the dining board.
Old 03-07-2014, 09:07 AM   #40
Skjhjb
Mouseketeer

Getting SO excited! 65 days until we get up at the crack of stupid to hit the road, and 67 days until check in day!

ADRs are made - I even scored a last minute reservation for my girls and I to do afternoon tea yesterday.

The Diners, Drive-ins and Dives stop for the drive down has been settled on, the off site reservations for the night before we check in and the day we check out are made.

All that is left to do is our FP selections and scoring a FP for BOG for lunch! (Well that, and pay for the trip in full in a few weeks!)

Can't wait to get to POR!
Second Trip - POR May 13-19/2014!!!
Skjhjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 09:49 AM   #41
WDWRids
Ready to go back!!

Cant wait!! Going Dec 6th - 13th with my husband, Sisterinlaw and Brotherinlaw. None of us have been at Christmas and I'm thrilled to be seeing the all the Christmas lights, trees, etc.

Planning on booking within the next few weeks but have a question for some of you "seasoned" DISers. This is the first time I've made reservations through Disney (all have been staying off site or with the Swan and Dolphin for meetings). If I book now and a deal comes out for December (ie free dining plan or room discount) how to do I go about getting those discounts? Do I just contact Disney to amend my reservation?

Thanks much!
WDWRids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 10:29 AM   #42
ToyStory3
DIS Veteran

Hi - so if you want to be guaranteed a mansion room you would need to book a royal room, correct? Thx!

ToyStory3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 10:40 AM   #43
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyStory3 View Post
Hi - so if you want to be guaranteed a mansion room you would need to book a royal room, correct? Thx!
Yes but if you have more than four guests and if the fifth is older than 3 I believe that you will be in the Alligator Bayou area then.
Venomhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 10:52 AM   #44
ToyStory3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
Yes but if you have more than four guests and if the fifth is older than 3 I believe that you will be in the Alligator Bayou area then.
Thanks. There are only four of us. The mansions look so beautiful but not sure if having a royal room is really that important to us. But, I'm thinking I may want to book a RR if we definitely want to be in a mansion.

If I book just "river view" it could be either AB or the mansions, correct?

ToyStory3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 11:12 AM   #45
GigiDisneyfreak
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch
Dining Reservations can be made 180 days from the date of your first arrival day. But at 180 days from day one you can make reservations for all of your days during that stay until you leave the resort. So you do not have to make day 1's ressies then wait til tomorrow and make day 2, etc.

I hope it helps, but if not let me know I can help you.
But she is staying for 12 days. She can make the 180 +10 on March 28 but what about the last 2 days. When can those be made.

Me, DD(21), DD(15), DGD(2)

Feb. 1987, 1988, and 1990 offsite; July 1992 offsite; Aug 1994 offsite; Oct 1996 Poly and POR(bayou); Sept. 1997 ASMu; Nov. 1998 CBR; May 2002 AKL; Dec. 2004 & 2005 POR(mansions), Mar. 2009 CSR, Mar. 2013 YC,
GigiDisneyfreak is online now   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: