Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-04-2014, 07:42 AM   #1786
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ree1064 View Post
Ok.....
So visiting in 28 days.
Am a DVC member with no points left, so no access to full kitchen, which we are used to.
I was wondering if the food court at Riverside has a microwave that we can use?
Any help would be much appreciated.
They do have microwaves and toasters in the food court.

You can request a toaster and or a microwave for your room, they are limited so I wouldn't promise too much, but not everyone knows they are available to request but you may just get one if you ask! They do try to keep them for special circumstances but never hurts to ask if they have it available you will get them. We also do like the full kitchens sometimes.
Venomhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 02:28 PM   #1787
abmitch01
DIS Veteran

can someone point me to the list of things to bring please?
abmitch01 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-04-2014, 02:29 PM   #1788
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by abmitch01 View Post
can someone point me to the list of things to bring please?
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3234490

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
andrewilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 03:47 PM   #1789
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
Thanks Andre!
Venomhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 05:46 PM   #1790
Disney Queenie
Mouseketeer

I am just popping in to say Hello We will be back to our beloved POR for the 5th time in 40 days We are doing POR/AKV/AOA this will be our last trip for awhile, so I am glad we are staying at POR as this is our favorite resort to even the deluxes we have stayed in.
Old 07-04-2014, 07:09 PM   #1791
abmitch01
DIS Veteran

thank you!
abmitch01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 07:59 PM   #1792
kbmartin
Mouseketeer

Laundry at POR

This is probably going to sound nit-picky, but I'm trying to plan our trip down to a T! This question goes to those of you who have done laundry at POR.

Here's the dealio: My DH and I are going in August for 10 days. We figure we will have to do laundry (it's so hot, and we're taking a break just about every afternoon from the parks and will likely change clothes before hopping to another). On laundry day in the afternoon, we will also want to go to the pool, take a nap, and shower.

So, questions:

1. Would you say that the laundry is pretty safe at POR? Would we really need to guard it 24-7? If we didn't come back to move it from the washer right away or retrieve it from the dryer right away, how likely would it be that someone would take it? I realize there's a risk either way but would like to gauge it from those of you who have been there. We plan to use the laundry right by the nearest quiet pool for us.

2. How long does the washer usually take? How long does the dryer usually take?

Thanks mucho!

1992 - CBR - I was six years old and was so in love with the World! | 1994 - Offsite for Christmas : | 1996 - Offsite | 1999 - Offsite for Thanksgiving with Cousins | 2004 - Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista Girls Trip | 2006 - POR Mom/Daughter Trip | 2007 - Offsite Spring Break Universal/Sea World Trip with Friends | 2014 - POR Delayed Honeymoon/First Anniversary Trip!!!
kbmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 10:56 PM   #1793
wulfgeat
Earning My Ears

We (DW, MIL, DD2) have a trip planned for December. 4th trip, 3rd stay at POR. So looking forward to it. Is it just me or has this thread slowed significantly since Free Dining was announced and POR was excluded?
wulfgeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 06:03 AM   #1794
Disney Queenie
Mouseketeer

Not sure how long laundry takes, my husband would throw it in and we would enjoy the quiet pool. Good tip is to get those pop up laundry baskets at the dollar store and I bring a few 3 in 1 washing sheets.

I am surprised POR was excluded from the free dining. We have not been able to do free dining since they have excluded the dates for the last 2 weeks of August the past few years. WE REALLY MISS IT However, this would not be good for our family of 5 as POR is where we stay during free dining. I guess I need to stop telling people how beautiful POR is or how great their food courts are or how I love the ride to DTD on the boat or how I like to pool hop to POFFQ's hot tub...they must not need to fill this resort anymore
Old 07-05-2014, 07:19 AM   #1795
terri33inne
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbmartin View Post

1. Would you say that the laundry is pretty safe at POR? Would we really need to guard it 24-7? If we didn't come back to move it from the washer right away or retrieve it from the dryer right away, how likely would it be that someone would take it? I realize there's a risk either way but would like to gauge it from those of you who have been there. We plan to use the laundry right by the nearest quiet pool for us.
Thanks mucho!
We stayed at POR 2 years ago, and while I didn't use the laundry I would have no problem putting a load in, and going back out to the pool... The quiet pool near us (we were near Magnolia Bend I think) the laundry room is literally RIGHT there. You can easily see who goes in & out. Not sure of the set up at the other quiet pools HTH

Best way to get over the end of your last trip is to start planning your next trip!
terri33inne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 09:23 AM   #1796
BabiesDaddy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbmartin View Post

2. How long does the washer usually take? How long does the dryer usually take?

Thanks mucho!
We were in the Oak Manor mansion by a quiet pool and used the laundry facility there several times. It was clean and had laundry items in in a vending machine if you forgot something. I wouldn't worry about out guarding it, I didn't have any issues while I was there. I gave the washer and dryer each an hour when I used them and that worked out about right.
BabiesDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 04:03 PM   #1797
xmansmom13
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by wulfgeat View Post
We (DW, MIL, DD2) have a trip planned for December. 4th trip, 3rd stay at POR. So looking forward to it. Is it just me or has this thread slowed significantly since Free Dining was announced and POR was excluded?
I didn't realize that it had been excluded. They let me book it for free dining (granted mine was a week earlier then the general free dining because of a previous visit). But the guy did tell me when I called to book that I was lucky to get it cause it would go quickly.
Old 07-05-2014, 07:07 PM   #1798
Mrs. M. Mouse
Dreaming of Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmansmom13 View Post
I didn't realize that it had been excluded. They let me book it for free dining (granted mine was a week earlier then the general free dining because of a previous visit). But the guy did tell me when I called to book that I was lucky to get it cause it would go quickly.
We have free dining too but we got it on a bounce back last summer :-)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 07-06-2014, 11:45 AM   #1799
teambeaman
Mouseketeer

Hi all! We just switched to POR from WL because of the pool fiasco. I don't know if this has been asked/answered already, but has anyone been at POR on Halloween? Will there be activities for DS3? We are attending MNSSHP earlier that week, but I wanted to make sure he'd still be able to participate in Halloween type activities on Halloween. TIA!!!
MAR 13 - POP
JUN 13 - Disneyland
***Upcoming***
OCT 13 - AKL, MNSSHP
OCT 13 - Dream
OCT 13 - POFQ
teambeaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 03:55 PM   #1800
maa
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by teambeaman View Post
Hi all! We just switched to POR from WL because of the pool fiasco. I don't know if this has been asked/answered already, but has anyone been at POR on Halloween? Will there be activities for DS3? We are attending MNSSHP earlier that week, but I wanted to make sure he'd still be able to participate in Halloween type activities on Halloween. TIA!!!
I was wondering this too! We will be at MNSSHP on Halloween, but wondered if there were special activities at the resort for earlier in the day.
maa is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: