Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2014, 08:04 AM   #1756
disdream
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
Aren't all of the wall outlets at Disney three-prong sockets, which I thought could accept either 2- or 3-prong plugs?

As an outsider, I've never really liked the small US 2-prong plugs much, they always seem very unsafe and fall out far too easily. I like my good solid British 13-amp plugs!

Andre
Andrea, you are a wealth of knowledge also. I love your website. Thank you for sharing all your knowledge.

Karen
disdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 09:07 AM   #1757
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackandsally0912 View Post
The Royal Rooms look amazing! I just wish it wasn't more to rent the DVC points for this resort...
I have to ask...why would you rent points to stay at POR? Don't get me wrong, I love POR. Just stayed there earlier this month. But I also own DVC...and it's never a great deal to use points to stay at a non-DVC WDW resort. But, I could be mistaken.
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-27-2014, 09:08 AM   #1758
DonaldnDaisy5
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know if the alligator bayou rooms that sleep 5 also have connecting rooms? We are traveling with another family of 5 and would love to have connecting rooms....
DonaldnDaisy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 09:14 AM   #1759
AmyKat
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldnDaisy5 View Post
Does anyone know if the alligator bayou rooms that sleep 5 also have connecting rooms? We are traveling with another family of 5 and would love to have connecting rooms....
Yes. You can look on Andre's site and see the floor plan to see which rooms connect.

http://portorleans.org/room-requests.php
Old 06-27-2014, 10:59 AM   #1760
DonaldnDaisy5
Mouseketeer

Thank you!!!
DonaldnDaisy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 11:53 AM   #1761
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disdream View Post
Where do we find your "must bring" list? I would like to read it too.

Thanks for all your info. You are awesome.
Karen
The link is in Venom's signature.
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 01:04 PM   #1762
disdream
Mouseketeer

Oh Okay. Thanks. I guess I should be more observant. ha ha
disdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 09:10 PM   #1763
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

So I was all set to send a fax this past Wednesday since we arrive July 2nd. However, my mother in law was recently hospitalized again and has since passed away (this past Wednesday). I am hoping to send a fax tomorrow since DH still wants to go on vacation (he needs a break from everything - she had cancer and it's been a rough year). Could definitely use any pixie dust we can get...do you think it will be ok that it's on,y a few days before we arrive?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 10:00 PM   #1764
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Aren't all of the wall outlets at Disney three-prong sockets, which I thought could accept either 2- or 3-prong plugs?

As an outsider, I've never really liked the small US 2-prong plugs much, they always seem very unsafe and fall out far too easily. I like my good solid British 13-amp plugs!

Andre
Yes they are. But some plugs here in the us have two small flats and some of our plugs have one small flat and one big flat along with both having a roundish ground pole. So most of the time the adapters can adapt those plugs also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disdream View Post
Where do we find your "must bring" list? I would like to read it too.

Thanks for all your info. You are awesome.
Karen
Quote:
Originally Posted by siskaren View Post
The link is in Venom's signature.
Yeah thank you for posting to them!
Venomhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 03:27 AM   #1765
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
So I was all set to send a fax this past Wednesday since we arrive July 2nd. However, my mother in law was recently hospitalized again and has since passed away (this past Wednesday). I am hoping to send a fax tomorrow since DH still wants to go on vacation (he needs a break from everything - she had cancer and it's been a rough year). Could definitely use any pixie dust we can get...do you think it will be ok that it's on,y a few days before we arrive?
I'm so sorry for your family's loss, and I hope your trip allows you to take a few precious moments away from the situation to recharge your emotional batteries.

You can send a fax to a resort any time you want, the guidelines we give here are just that, guidelines which seem to work nicely with the resort's work patterns. But no one is going to tear up your fax because it didn't arrive on the exact date that some nerds on the internet suggested.

Andre (proud to be one of the nerds on the internet)

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
andrewilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 09:50 AM   #1766
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:

Omg I just saw this. I am so sorry for your loss!!! If you need anything feel free to message me directly!
Venomhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 02:06 PM   #1767
Cinderella2006
Fairy Tale Wedding 1st November 2006

Quote:

So sorry for your loss, i lost my MIL a few years ago to cancer ... I found comfort in knowing she was no longer in pain. Sounds like you need the break and hopefully Disney may help to take your mind off whats happened x

Our Fairytale Wedding: Disney's Wedding Pavillion 1st November 2006

Cinderella2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 05:48 PM   #1768
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
Omg I just saw this. I am so sorry for your loss!!! If you need anything feel free to message me directly!
Thanks Venom. My TA double checked my requests on the reservation. I am thinking that may just have to suffice. I have yet to write up the fax, let alone actually send it. :-/ We'll be there Wednesday afternoon so only 4 more days!

Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 06-29-2014, 01:27 PM   #1769
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

We have a BBB appt. at DTD one evening (early). Someone suggested the bus over the boat with all the construction now...anybody there recently who can confirm or say otherwise?

Old 06-30-2014, 11:36 AM   #1770
Mrs. M. Mouse
Dreaming of Disney

Quote:
This link Portorleans.org does not work....any update on the page link please?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: