Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2014, 12:14 PM   #1711
PrncessA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disdream View Post
We did that too. I read on this thread somewhere that if you request a river view room, you would be near the main walkway to get to the main building. So, we requested a RR with the river view. I am hoping it will be perfect. I'm glad you liked it. Makes me feel better.
We didn't want to pay for preferred or a royal room. We booked a garden view room, in the Magnolia Bend section, on the ground floor. We were as close as we could be to the main walkway and a hop, skip and a jump away from the main buildings and the pool.
PrncessA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 12:42 PM   #1712
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwguy50 View Post
It's purely random. I've only received one pin in 20 years.
I rather suspect that the sort of people who are already happily booking to visit each year anyway (at full price) are the last ones that Disney would want to be offering extra incentive discounts to...

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
andrewilley is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-18-2014, 12:57 PM   #1713
disdream
Mouseketeer

Well bummer. I should have waited to book our room. Hopefully some sort of discount will happen. I haven't given up hope yet.
disdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 01:33 PM   #1714
wdwguy50
7 Decades of "Goofying" around with Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
I rather suspect that the sort of people who are already happily booking to visit each year anyway (at full price) are the last ones that Disney would want to be offering extra incentive discounts to... Andre
I've suspected the same Andre

Disneyland - '57 x 4,'58 x 3,'60 x 2,'67,'06

WDW - Off site '73,'83,'88,'91, '04;CBR '99; POR '03,'13 Half Marathon), '14 x 2 (1 time just for fun and 1 time for Wine & Dine Half Marathon); POFQ '12,'13 (TOT 10 Miler), '15; POP '13, '14; CSR '07

DCL Dream - Nov 11 (Make A Wish)

wdwguy50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 07:28 PM   #1715
KELLY
DIS Veteran

If we have a party of 5 and one is under 2. Will we get a AB room? My grandson may be joining us and we are at pop. But there is no way 5 of us can stay there will full size beds. My grandson won't sleep in a pack play. So at least queen beds are a must. I would rather get a room with the Murphy bed and one of my girls can sleep on it.

Many Trips the past 7 years at pop with free dining!
Me , DH , DD 9 and DD 6
KELLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 07:38 PM   #1716
ALD85
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELLY View Post
If we have a party of 5 and one is under 2. Will we get a AB room? My grandson may be joining us and we are at pop. But there is no way 5 of us can stay there will full size beds. My grandson won't sleep in a pack play. So at least queen beds are a must. I would rather get a room with the Murphy bed and one of my girls can sleep on it.

If he is over a year old then yes.
Old 06-18-2014, 07:47 PM   #1717
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELLY View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALD85 View Post
If he is over a year old then yes.
Actually, no. A party of 5 where one is under the age of 3 can be placed in a mansion room (which has just the 2 queen beds) because a child under the age of 3 doesn't count towards the room occupancy. You can request a room in AB, but the only way to guarantee it with the fifth person being under the age of 3 is to book preferred because all preferred rooms are in AB.
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 09:48 PM   #1718
Bicfam
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by uccats97 View Post
Did something change to include POR in the free dining promo? It was excluded for the 2014 season. Did you get a pin code? Just wondering because I'm staying at POR during free dining in October but it is excluded then.
We were going to be "stuck" in CS for the free dining and then they mailed a pin code for free dining at POR a week after we booked. So thankful for that!!
Dec 15 POR here we come. ADR's made this morning.
POR - Jan. '07
POR - Jan. '06
POR - April '02
Bicfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 11:35 PM   #1719
uccats97
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bicfam View Post
We were going to be "stuck" in CS for the free dining and then they mailed a pin code for free dining at POR a week after we booked. So thankful for that!! Dec 15 POR here we come. ADR's made this morning.
That's awesome! They probably had preselected you for a pin prior to you booking CS though. I never get pins because they know I'm coming, discount or not. Too bad they don't give a "frequent flyer" type discount for all of us who they can bank on spending our vacation dollars at Disney!
2001 DL/CA offsite, 2002 WDW offsite, 2003 WDW offsite, 2005 WDW offsite, 2007 WDW offsite, 2009 WDW offsite (Spring), 2009 WDW SSR (July), 2010 WDW ASMovies, 2011 WDW offsite (June), 2011 WDW, MVMCP Doubletree DTD (December), 2012 WDW offsite (June), 2012 DL/CA, minus the kids, offsite (December), 2013 WDW Princess Half Marathon weekend ASMusic (Feb), 2013 WDW AoA Cars Suite (June), 2014 WDW Pop Century Mother/Daughter trip (March/April), 2014 WDW Pop Century Birthday Surprise (July), 2014 WDW POR Tower of Terror 10 Miler (October), 2015 WDW CBR (April), 2015 WDW Expedition Everest Challenge AoA (May)
uccats97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 11:23 AM   #1720
hallie
DIS Veteran

We just gave up "free" dining at AKL and went with the POR instead. All those reservations, it was just way too structured for us. We're not huge planners and I felt like every moment of our trip was being planned and it was way too much food too! So much more excited now, I feel like a vacation weight is off my shoulders!
hallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 11:29 AM   #1721
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallie View Post
We just gave up "free" dining at AKL and went with the POR instead.
I know what you mean, there's a lot about "free" dining which is really no such thing.

Andre

Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 06-19-2014, 03:46 PM   #1722
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

"Nothing in life is free, it always costs someone something." One way or another Disney will get their money!
Venomhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 12:30 AM   #1723
Crl1817
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by uccats97 View Post
Did something change to include POR in the free dining promo? It was excluded for the 2014 season. Did you get a pin code? Just wondering because I'm staying at POR during free dining in October but it is excluded then.
I think others have already answered, and probably more knowlegably than I can. We have only been to disney world once (Thanksgivg 2010) and while I knew about pins this is the first we have gotten for disney world. (We got one offer for Disneyland, but dh does not want to goI gather different people got different offers. I was surprised to see Christmas dates at all. I don't remember the details of which resorts were included, but both values and moderates were on the list, including POR, and I chose it for the queen beds and the Murphy bed.
Crl1817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 02:10 AM   #1724
teamcooyon
Earning My Ears

Question Is there storage in Alligator Bayou?

Are there drawers under the Murphy Bed in Alligator Bayou? I can't tell in the pics I've seen. Are there any other drawers in the room?

My concern is storing clothes for 5 people for six days. Would it be easier just to bring everything on hangers?
Thanks!
Old 06-21-2014, 05:28 AM   #1725
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamcooyon View Post
Are there drawers under the Murphy Bed in Alligator Bayou? I can't tell in the pics I've seen. Are there any other drawers in the room?

My concern is storing clothes for 5 people for six days. Would it be easier just to bring everything on hangers?
Thanks!
Yes there are 3 drawers under the murphy bed, but the general consensus is that they are definitely not big enough for larger families. There is a long hanging rail though, and the resort can provide you with as many hangers as you need, no need to bring your own. Might be worth bringing one of those hanging fabric storage units too, which pack flat and then hang up on the rail to give you extra storage compartments.

Andre

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: