Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-16-2014, 10:54 PM   #1696
Dreamsdocometrue9112
"hang onto your hats and glasses 'cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!"
 
Dreamsdocometrue9112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: 1,247 miles from WDW!
Posts: 499

Hi all!

We are staying at POR booked in a RR SV for this September. Last time we stayed there we were in AB and loved it. Unfortunately, all rooms other than RR were available for our stay this time. The RR don't excite me much, but I love POR. We have a SV room booked. Can anyone make suggestions based on location? I really don't want to face a parking lot ...unless it's really all there is. Do most SV room face parking lots? Are any locations better than others? I'm still slightly torn about this situations haha.

Any advice would be great!
__________________
Erika
Last Trip: May 2014



Dreamsdocometrue9112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 11:01 PM   #1697
siskaren
DIS Veteran
 
siskaren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Aurora, IL
Posts: 8,424

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamsdocometrue9112 View Post
Hi all!

We are staying at POR booked in a RR SV for this September. Last time we stayed there we were in AB and loved it. Unfortunately, all rooms other than RR were available for our stay this time. The RR don't excite me much, but I love POR. We have a SV room booked. Can anyone make suggestions based on location? I really don't want to face a parking lot ...unless it's really all there is. Do most SV room face parking lots? Are any locations better than others? I'm still slightly torn about this situations haha.

Any advice would be great!
http://portorleans.org/room-requests.php
siskaren is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-17-2014, 12:52 AM   #1698
uccats97
Mouseketeer
 
uccats97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Too far from Disney!
Posts: 460

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crl1817 View Post
Hi, we booked a stay at POR in a rush when the free dining came out to include days over Christmas. I chose POR because we want the Murphy bed. I didn't realize that alligator bayou is a request rather than an actual booking. (And the cast member who took my reservation didn't tell me that either, when I said I wanted POR alligator bayou she said okay and didn't tell me it was just a request that might not be granted). I'm really hoping for that pull down bed because both of my kids are thrashers and it would make sleeping go soooo much better if each of them can have a separate bed. Since it is a very busy time and there are just four of us, I'm guessing our odds aren't that good for getting alligator bayou? After I figured it out, I tried to switch to a preferred room, because I gather that would guarantee us the pull down bed. But there are none available. What is my best bet at this point? Try again for a preferred room about 45 days before our arrival date? And fax five days before? Thanks!
Did something change to include POR in the free dining promo? It was excluded for the 2014 season. Did you get a pin code? Just wondering because I'm staying at POR during free dining in October but it is excluded then.
__________________
Me DH DS(18) DD(11) DD(9) DD(7)
1979-2000 Too many WDW day trips to count!
2001 DL/CA offsite, 2002 WDW offsite, 2003 WDW offsite, 2005 WDW offsite, 2007 WDW offsite, 2009 WDW offsite (Spring), 2009 WDW SSR (July), 2010 WDW ASMovies, 2011 WDW offsite (June), 2011 WDW, MVMCP Doubletree DTD (December), 2012 WDW offsite (June), 2012 DL/CA, minus the kids, offsite (December), 2013 WDW Princess Half Marathon weekend ASMusic (Feb), 2013 WDW AoA Cars Suite (June), 2014 WDW Pop Century Mother/Daughter trip (March/April), 2014 WDW Pop Century Birthday Surprise (July), 2014 WDW POR Tower of Terror 10 Miler (October)
uccats97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 03:51 AM   #1699
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict
 
andrewilley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Birmingham UK
Posts: 5,458

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanMomOf2 View Post
So now I have 2 reservations back-to-back in 2 different rooms. Is it a good idea to fax a request asking to stay in the same room all 4 nights?
Definitely - and let them know you don't mind which category the room is, you only booked the River View as that was all that was available at the time.

Andre
__________________
Port Orleans Riverside is my second home - I never get homesick when I'm there, but it does happen the other way around!


For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
andrewilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 09:35 AM   #1700
Twin Princess Mama
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by uccats97 View Post
Did something change to include POR in the free dining promo? It was excluded for the 2014 season. Did you get a pin code? Just wondering because I'm staying at POR during free dining in October but it is excluded then.
it was available via pin. they just sent a new wave of pins out last week so keep checking. i also booked christmas on FD with pin
__________________
Twin Princess Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 10:02 AM   #1701
Mousedreaming
Mouseketeer
 
Mousedreaming's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamsdocometrue9112 View Post
Hi all!

We are staying at POR booked in a RR SV for this September. Last time we stayed there we were in AB and loved it. Unfortunately, all rooms other than RR were available for our stay this time. The RR don't excite me much, but I love POR. We have a SV room booked. Can anyone make suggestions based on location? I really don't want to face a parking lot ...unless it's really all there is. Do most SV room face parking lots? Are any locations better than others? I'm still slightly torn about this situations haha.

Any advice would be great!
On our last trip we had booked a RR SV, and I was worried about it. We hate the noise of parking lots on vacation and I have 2 light sleepers in my family. After calling everyday to see if a GV had opened up (and it didn't), I decided the next thing to try was a fax request. Of course, I was then reminded that at the time there was roof construction going on as well. I faxed in that we didn't want to be near the construction, and also didn't want to be right next to the parking lot. All wishes were granted, and I needn't have worried. We were in room 9810. Very quiet. There is a third floor there, so I kind of shot myself in the foot when I requested a second floor room. But, everyone agreed, for SV, not bad!
Mousedreaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 12:28 PM   #1702
Storeyann
Earning My Ears
 
Storeyann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 53

Hey all, 33 days until our stay at POR ( July 19-25) and we're super excited. So grateful for all the helpful posts on this site, planning has gotten so much easier!
Storeyann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 04:19 PM   #1703
uccats97
Mouseketeer
 
uccats97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Too far from Disney!
Posts: 460

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin Princess Mama View Post
it was available via pin. they just sent a new wave of pins out last week so keep checking. i also booked christmas on FD with pin
I knew pins were going out. I doubt they would send me one though considering I'm already booked. Oh well. I couldn't wait! Tower of Terror 10 miler is already paid for!
__________________
Me DH DS(18) DD(11) DD(9) DD(7)
1979-2000 Too many WDW day trips to count!
2001 DL/CA offsite, 2002 WDW offsite, 2003 WDW offsite, 2005 WDW offsite, 2007 WDW offsite, 2009 WDW offsite (Spring), 2009 WDW SSR (July), 2010 WDW ASMovies, 2011 WDW offsite (June), 2011 WDW, MVMCP Doubletree DTD (December), 2012 WDW offsite (June), 2012 DL/CA, minus the kids, offsite (December), 2013 WDW Princess Half Marathon weekend ASMusic (Feb), 2013 WDW AoA Cars Suite (June), 2014 WDW Pop Century Mother/Daughter trip (March/April), 2014 WDW Pop Century Birthday Surprise (July), 2014 WDW POR Tower of Terror 10 Miler (October)
uccats97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 05:35 PM   #1704
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyFreak06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Prince Edward Island, Canada
Posts: 3,733

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storeyann View Post
Hey all, 33 days until our stay at POR ( July 19-25) and we're super excited. So grateful for all the helpful posts on this site, planning has gotten so much easier!
I have 35 days to go! But we're doing All Star Sports first and then head to POR on July 29. This is a great thread and has helped me more than once. Andre's sight is great too!
__________________
Tina the F.I. Kindergarten Pop Century (06) Pop Century (07) POFQ (09) All Star Music (09) All Star Movies and Grand Floridian(10) DL HoJo Anaheim (12) Port Orleans Riverside (12) DL Carousel Inn (13) Art of Animation and Pop (13)Sports and POR (14)

My Trip Reports:
Someone left their inside b*** on the toilet (WDW, July/Aug 2014) Dorothy and Blanche: a tale of leftover shoes and lost things! My Club 33 Disneyland trip! July 2013A Blast from the Past (2009!)The trip to make up for the cold (WDW, July 2012) I'm never staying home for March Break again (Disneyland, March 2012) You little sneak, a TR with lies and pictures (WDW, July/Aug 2010)
DisneyFreak06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 05:48 PM   #1705
alyssa18o6
Mouseketeer
 
alyssa18o6's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Youngstown, Ohio
Posts: 125

We've been between two resorts for over 2 weeks now. I really like POR but really want one of the mansion rooms, and that is the deciding factor for me (weird, I know!). I read that there is no "preferred" mansion rooms. I could careless about the view, because I keep my curtains closed 99% of the time. So we'd prefer to go with Standard if we could still have a high possibility of a mansion room. I considered Garden view as well as it isn't too much more. Do you think the chances are high we could get a mansion room with standard?? There is only 2 of us, and I refuse to pay that much more for a King bed!
__________________
alyssa18o6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 08:10 AM   #1706
disdream
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 119

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin Princess Mama View Post
it was available via pin. they just sent a new wave of pins out last week so keep checking. i also booked christmas on FD with pin
I have a Disney Visa card and use it frequently. I have never received a PIN for anything. I have a "room only" reservation for January. Maybe I will get a PIN when packages come out for 2015. However, I would think that I would have received one over the years since I have made 3 trips in the last 5 years. I'm feeling a little left out.
disdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 08:48 AM   #1707
shaneray
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyssa18o6 View Post
We've been between two resorts for over 2 weeks now. I really like POR but really want one of the mansion rooms, and that is the deciding factor for me (weird, I know!). I read that there is no "preferred" mansion rooms. I could careless about the view, because I keep my curtains closed 99% of the time. So we'd prefer to go with Standard if we could still have a high possibility of a mansion room. I considered Garden view as well as it isn't too much more. Do you think the chances are high we could get a mansion room with standard?? There is only 2 of us, and I refuse to pay that much more for a King bed!
when we stayed, we booked RR mainly just to guarantee that we would have a mansion room and we booked the river view RR to guarantee that we would be nearer the river thus nearer the facilities. It really had nothing to do with the view and the room and location were PERFECT.
shaneray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 08:54 AM   #1708
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania
 
goofy4tink's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Central Ma
Posts: 48,502
DISboards Moderator

I was just there for 3 nights...love POR. I booked a SV room, figuring I could live with a parking lot view for just the three nights. But, I didn't get that view. I was about 6 doors down from the end that looked out on the parking lot....looked over towards another part of our building, and a lot of greenery. I was in Acadia House. The good thing about parking lot views is that those rooms are closer to the outer bus stops....trying to find the silver lining here!!!!
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 08:57 AM   #1709
disdream
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 119

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaneray View Post
when we stayed, we booked RR mainly just to guarantee that we would have a mansion room and we booked the river view RR to guarantee that we would be nearer the river thus nearer the facilities. It really had nothing to do with the view and the room and location were PERFECT.
We did that too. I read on this thread somewhere that if you request a river view room, you would be near the main walkway to get to the main building. So, we requested a RR with the river view. I am hoping it will be perfect. I'm glad you liked it. Makes me feel better.
disdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 11:56 AM   #1710
wdwguy50
7 Decades of "Goofying" around with Disney!
 
wdwguy50's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Greensboro, NC
Posts: 132

Quote:
Originally Posted by disdream View Post
I have a Disney Visa card and use it frequently. I have never received a PIN for anything. I have a "room only" reservation for January. Maybe I will get a PIN when packages come out for 2015. However, I would think that I would have received one over the years since I have made 3 trips in the last 5 years. I'm feeling a little left out.
It's purely random. I've only received one pin in 20 years.
__________________
7 Decades of "Goofying" Around

Disneyland - '57 x 4,'58 x 3,'60 x 2,'67,'06

WDW - Off site '73,'83,'88,'91, '04;CBR '99; POR '03,'13 Half Marathon), '14 x 2 (1 time just for fun and 1 time for Wine & Dine Half Marathon); POFQ '12,'13 (TOT 10 Miler), '15; POP '13, '14; CSR '07

DCL Dream - Nov 11 (Make A Wish)



wdwguy50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:53 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: