Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-10-2014, 08:14 AM   #1651
disdream
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 118

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3ltspirit View Post
I'm at 211 and on this and Disney sites every day. I think I have a problem. My poor husband suffers so much. But I just can't not be crazy happy I get to go back. Seriously thought last Christmas was a once in a lifetime trip. But it wasn't
I know how you feel. Everyone thinks I'm crazy because I have to have a Disney fix daily. I find myself texting family and friends while they are visiting..."what are you doing now?" repeat, repeat, repeat. ha ha Maybe we should start a support group.
disdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 09:27 AM   #1652
AmyKat
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 310

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
So how many of you go back to the resort in the afternoons? We loved our afternoon swim breaks at the Poly, but it was so fast and easy to get back. Any estimates on time spent on the bus coming back to the resort during the day and then going back to a park in the evening? Is it worth it to do so?
We find it necessary to do so with small children. I don't think DH and I will do it on our December no-kids trip.

For our February stay at POR, we found that it took an hour one way to go from any park to the room. That includes walking to the busses, waiting on a bus, travel time, and walking to the room. So, we would budget for 2 hours of travel time plus two hours of down time in the room.
__________________
POP-Mar '09 AoA-Sept '12 GF/POR-Feb '14 CBR-Dec '14 GF/POP-Feb '15
AmyKat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-10-2014, 09:56 AM   #1653
kwannon
Earning My Ears
 
kwannon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyKat View Post
We find it necessary to do so with small children. I don't think DH and I will do it on our December no-kids trip.

For our February stay at POR, we found that it took an hour one way to go from any park to the room. That includes walking to the busses, waiting on a bus, travel time, and walking to the room. So, we would budget for 2 hours of travel time plus two hours of down time in the room.
I agree. With the frequency of the bus and travel time to the room, it was never worth it to us to go back for a nap/break. We would just find a quiet place in the park and let them sleep in the stroller.
__________________
kwannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 11:26 AM   #1654
Koh1977
DIS Veteran
 
Koh1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,973

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwannon View Post
I agree. With the frequency of the bus and travel time to the room, it was never worth it to us to go back for a nap/break. We would just find a quiet place in the park and let them sleep in the stroller.
DD would be fine napping in the stroller. DS(7) could use some downtime if we're doing late nights at all...

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
__________________
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 05:54 PM   #1655
kwannon
Earning My Ears
 
kwannon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
DD would be fine napping in the stroller. DS(7) could use some downtime if we're doing late nights at all...

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
For the kids, musicals/shows = downtime
For the DH, musical/shows = naptime
__________________
kwannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 11:42 PM   #1656
Koh1977
DIS Veteran
 
Koh1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,973

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwannon View Post
For the kids, musicals/shows = downtime For the DH, musical/shows = naptime
Lol.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
__________________
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 06:30 AM   #1657
goofy Jr. 88
Mouseketeer
 
goofy Jr. 88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: 1317 miles from Disney
Posts: 206

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwannon View Post
For the DH, musical/shows = naptime
Oh so true
__________________


DISdad # 383
goofy Jr. 88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 10:26 AM   #1658
flutterby3744
Mouseketeer
 
flutterby3744's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 320

Good Morning everyone!

I apologize if this question has been asked to death, but does anyone know when the July recreation calendar comes out? I looked on the POR website, and they only have June listed.

Thanks!!!
__________________
Me DH DD20 DS16 DD11 DS6
flutterby3744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 10:34 AM   #1659
ALD85
DIS Veteran
 
ALD85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 833

Quote:
Originally Posted by flutterby3744 View Post
Good Morning everyone! I apologize if this question has been asked to death, but does anyone know when the July recreation calendar comes out? I looked on the POR website, and they only have June listed. Thanks!!!
m

In July maybe a couple days before depending on when Andre gets it.
__________________
[/url]
ALD85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 11:21 AM   #1660
Octoberbeauty
Always in our hearts and in our prayers
Out of the ashes... special memories to cherish forever
 
Octoberbeauty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: OK
Posts: 2,762

DS (6, as of yesterday) and I will be staying at POR in December. I'm a little worried about the buses, but love the look of the resort and the Royal Rooms! We can't wait.
__________________
Sherry

Octoberbeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 01:10 PM   #1661
Koh1977
DIS Veteran
 
Koh1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,973

Is it 5-7 days before check-in that we should send a fax?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
__________________
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 01:52 PM   #1662
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon
 
Venomhatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL
Posts: 4,869

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Is it 5-7 days before check-in that we should send a fax?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Yes
Venomhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 02:15 PM   #1663
LisaTC
DIS Veteran
 
LisaTC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,544

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octoberbeauty View Post
DS (6, as of yesterday) and I will be staying at POR in December. I'm a little worried about the buses, but love the look of the resort and the Royal Rooms! We can't wait.
If you aren't going Christmas week (we went the week prior) and we never had bus issues. You do have to be a bit strategic. If you are going to MK at 8am, well, yeah, it's going to be a bit busy, bus wise. We didn't have an issue. We also have gone the week prior to Halloween and same thing. Breathing helps! lol
__________________
(ME) (DH) (DD10)


LisaTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 03:20 PM   #1664
Octoberbeauty
Always in our hearts and in our prayers
Out of the ashes... special memories to cherish forever
 
Octoberbeauty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: OK
Posts: 2,762

Thank you. We will be there the 2nd week of December.

What time do the buses start running? We have an 8:10 am reservation at MK one day. I want to make sure we make that one! 😊
__________________
Sherry

Octoberbeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 04:59 PM   #1665
siskaren
DIS Veteran
 
siskaren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Aurora, IL
Posts: 8,396

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octoberbeauty View Post
Thank you. We will be there the 2nd week of December.

What time do the buses start running? We have an 8:10 am reservation at MK one day. I want to make sure we make that one! ��
The buses start running at 6:30 am every day.
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:32 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: