Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2014, 09:29 PM   #1621
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BebopBaloo View Post
Anyone know...

If we booked with a wedding discount (guests not the wedding party) will we be put in a certain block of rooms? I have no preference on where we are located. It's our first time at POR, so I'm open to any location. I'm more wondering because I know my in-laws would like to be next door, but I don't know if we would need to request that.
You can call and have them do a note that you are traveling with them. Make sure you have your ressie number and theirs. The CM should put the notes in your reservation and theirs as well. You can also call the front desk to confirm that the notes are there since there are multiple places to put requests and they don't always get put in the right location (or so I've been told.) My exDF and I were to get married in July and had POFQ as one of our options…I had a building request in for there and at POP…not that it matters anymore but everything happens for a reason! My room block coordinator had put in the request for me so maybe ask the DB or DG if they noted a building request and if not, request your own, Have a great time!
Old 06-06-2014, 02:22 AM   #1622
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggr924 View Post
Thank you for this report. I understand this is a test/trial, but personally, the potential of this change does not thrill me. What happened to the personal touch of disney?
I do know what you mean, that first moment of arrival at the hotel and walking into the lobby is a big Disney moment (especially with some of the deluxes, like Animal Kingdom Lodge, Wilderness Lodge, Grand Floridian, etc).

However this trial system is not compulsory, I guess it's mainly for repeat guests who often ask about whether the Front Desk line will be shorter or longer if they do online checkin, or if they arrive at 10am or 11am, etc. Think of it as a "FastPass to your Room" if you like, or "Checkin+". If you don't want to use it though, that's entirely up to you.

A couple of answers to questions:

"Paid in full" happens automatically for packages at 45 days out (and I assume for room-only at 6 days?) so no need to do anything in those cases. If you want to check, or force a payment through so this system will definitely kick in, just call the Reservation Center in advance. The system will not apply to any bookings where an ID needs to be confirmed upon arrival (e.g. cast member bookings, etc).

Welcome Packs will not (for the trial at least) be sent to rooms in advance. If you need one - for example for a map, parking pass or other welcome collateral - you'll need to pop by the Front Desk at your convenience to pick one up.

MagicBands and all their paid features (park tickets, dining plan credits, etc) will go live once the reservation is centrally 'checked-in' on the system, which is also when your text will be sent advising you of your room number - so guests can go directly to a park upon arrival at WDW if they wish.

The room number will normally be confirmed and a text sent about one hour before your stated arrival time, but it could be as close as 15 minutes if a suitable room is not ready early enough. If a room is still not ready by then, a message will be sent advising of the delay but your band will still be activated for all the other features but obviously not for door-key access yet. A followup message will confirm the room number later, and you will be able to use the door-key feature after that.

There will be three other Walt Disney World resort hotels taking part in the trial at the same time.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14

Last edited by andrewilley; 06-06-2014 at 04:07 AM.
andrewilley is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-06-2014, 06:35 AM   #1623
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backstage_Gal View Post
There will be no layoffs, Disney is constantly hiring new people.
Right, because Disney has never laid anyone off. If they can find a way to get by with fewer employees they'll do it.
EpcotBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 08:15 AM   #1624
T4K
Mouseketeer

Just sent my fax for Sunday check in! Thanks sooooo much for this thread!

Now I suppose I could pack....
T4K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 09:06 AM   #1625
BebopBaloo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
My room block coordinator had put in the request for me so maybe ask the DB or DG if they noted a building request and if not, request your own, Have a great time!
Thanks for the advice!
"Don't spend all your time looking around for something you want that can't be found. When you find out you can live without it and go along not thinking about it, I'll tell you something true. The bear necessities of life will come to you."

Psalm 27:1
BebopBaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 09:32 AM   #1626
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Checked in this morning at 7:15am. The room was not ready but my requests for top floor, connecting rooms, and near elevator were met the CM said and we are in P.P. Which I had a hunch we would be. Check in was very quick and the CM was great and helpful. The food court was not very busy. I always get my mug from my ddp first to make sure my pin works so I don't have to worry about resetting it in a park later in the day if it doesn't work.

Addition....

The room in PP is perfect! A 5 min walk to the food court and about the same to the main pool. There were towels at the quiet pool today which a guest said was the first time all week that towels were there Food court didn't seem busy at noon or late afternoon! The room was clean and it's beautiful. Ended up being ready at 1pm but bc I have connecting rooms with friends we didn't want a room ready to unblock the requests that were met. Their room was finished around 2:15. Parking at dtd at noon was a hot mess. Had I known I would have taken the boat or bus!

Last edited by TinkerbellLuvr7; 06-06-2014 at 05:57 PM.
TinkerbellLuvr7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 02:54 PM   #1627
Momof2Singers
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
Checked in this morning at 7:15am. The room was not ready but my requests for top floor, connecting rooms, and near elevator were met the CM said and we are in P.P. Which I had a hunch we would be. Check in was very quick and the CM was great and helpful. The food court was not very busy. I always get my mug from my ddp first to make sure my pin works so I don't have to worry about resetting it in a park later in the day if it doesn't work.
HI Tinkerbell, this is good news on the requests. Did you send a FAX, we need a couple of requests for medical reasons, yet my daughters want the Mansion rooms, I booked Preferred, yet when I added 2 days to my vacation, they somehow switched me to a garden view. I just noticed this. I am not sure how to handle it, since the Preferred rooms are in Alligator anyway. Did you use a sample fax recommended here? I don't want to ask for too much, and get nothing. Thanks for any help!
Momof2Singers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 03:54 PM   #1628
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Hello and good afternoon everyone! Back from a very busy week.
Venomhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 04:32 PM   #1629
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Can't wait to get to POR tomorrow morning. Cabbing over from BWV...doubt our room will be ready, but at least we will be checked in, and our stuff will be there!
Old 06-06-2014, 04:53 PM   #1630
wdwguy50
7 Decades of "Goofying" around with Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
Hello and good afternoon everyone! Back from a very busy week.
Welcome back. Thanks for all your assistance and advice. You definitely help all of us better access the Magic of Disney!
DCL Dream - Nov 11 (Make A Wish)
wdwguy50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 05:52 PM   #1631
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Nope I didn't fax. I had the agent make a note then Stopped by the resort to confirm if since I live in the area or you can call the front desk and ask.
Old 06-06-2014, 06:07 PM   #1632
rubberbootbunny
Mouseketeer

Just a quick question. Does anyone know if the boat to DTD is accessible to my small scooter? Or will I need to take the bus from POR?
And a follow up, how late do the boats run?

rubberbootbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 02:47 AM   #1633
Pineappley
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubberbootbunny View Post
Just a quick question. Does anyone know if the boat to DTD is accessible to my small scooter? Or will I need to take the bus from POR? And a follow up, how late do the boats run?
My mum went on it on her scooter last year. I'm not sure if all boats are accessible but certainly some are. It was very easy to get on.

Don't know about the other query.
Pineappley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 02:10 PM   #1634
rubberbootbunny
Mouseketeer

Thanks pineappley

rubberbootbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 08:31 PM   #1635
Goldfrapplol
Mouseketeer

Hello! We're staying at POR in late June and are planning to eat at Earl of Sandwich at Downtown Disney. How frequent is the boat service from POR to Downtown Disney? What would be the best route from Downtown Disney to the Magic Kingdom using only Disney transportation?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: