Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2014, 07:06 PM   #1591
alyssa18o6
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
CSR is more spread out than POR. The way POR is laid out there isn't a single room there that would be as far out as any room in the Rancho section of CSR. The Mansions section is a great location.
Good I feel much better My FI really wanted to stay at POR but I was just worried that we'd be super far from everything. Hopefully we can get a mansion room cause that's what I want!!
Old 06-03-2014, 10:39 PM   #1592
nicoleken
Earning My Ears

Loving POR!! Apparently the modem is in our room, so wi-if works great for us. Being super close to East Depot is awesome because we get picked up before the busy South Depot. Heading back at night is busy, especially from MK. They have a ton of buses running but this resort is so busy, there seemed to be a steady flow of traffic from MK to the bus from the evening parade to close. It was the only resort that had a continuous line.... Continuously moving though. We would get in line and then wait at the front of the line for the next bus if it was standing room only. It only took 5-10 minutes.

I wish we would have planned to spend an entire day just hanging at the resort in the middle of park days. The pool games keep the kids busy and the ground are beautiful.

Last edited by nicoleken; 06-03-2014 at 10:52 PM.
nicoleken is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-04-2014, 01:02 AM   #1593
julluvsdisney
"A dream is a wish your heart makes, when you're fast asleep"

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
The Oak Manor roof refurbishment work which started back in January is continuing apace. So far, the central three-story section of the building is complete, as is the river-facing wing on the Parterre Place side (i.e. closest to the quiet pool and the footbridge over to the main buildings).

They are currently working on the northern river-facing wing (closest to Magnolia Terrace) and that should be completed on 9th May. Then work will move over to the parking lot side of the building, with a currently scheduled completion date of the 18th of July.

(Thanks to RiverRooster for the photo)

Andre

Sorry i am just seeing this now. We are booked RR standard view for july 6-11 which I am assuming I would be in or near the construction. Will they still be filling these rooms? Kind of looks closed off based on the picture! Should I change my view? Thanks for all of the great info!!

Mouseketeers-ME, DH, DS, DS ,DMOM,DB , DSIL,DAunt
WDW TRIPS*1994 ASMu* 2007 Disneymoon POFQ* 2009 POP*2010 POP*2011 POP* 2012 POR* 2013 POR*2014 POR RR*2014 POR *
julluvsdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 04:34 AM   #1594
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by julluvsdisney View Post
Sorry i am just seeing this now. We are booked RR standard view for july 6-11 which I am assuming I would be in or near the construction. Will they still be filling these rooms? Kind of looks closed off based on the picture! Should I change my view? Thanks for all of the great info!!
No, the sections where work is actually going on are closed. Obviously you might see scaffolding from another area though, might be an idea to request a room away from construction work.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
andrewilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 06:52 AM   #1595
julluvsdisney

Quote:
No, the sections where work is actually going on are closed. Obviously you might see scaffolding from another area though, might be an idea to request a room away from construction work. Andre

Thank you so much for posting this! I'll have to put in that request! Thank you for the thread and all of it's valuable info!!!

WDW TRIPS*1994 ASMu* 2007 Disneymoon POFQ* 2009 POP*2010 POP*2011 POP* 2012 POR* 2013 POR*2014 POR RR*2014 POR *
Old 06-04-2014, 07:12 AM   #1596
T4K
Mouseketeer

My parents and I are staying on separate reservations but for the exact same dates. Will one fax with both reservation numbers suffice?

I arrive Sunday! So flippin excited!
T4K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 07:30 AM   #1597
Ismo
Mouseketeer

Are they planning on working on the roof of any of the other buildings this summer?

09/03/14 - Official DVC Members at GF!!!

Poly w/Family - 09/03 - 09/14 '95
POR w/DH & Family - Arcadian - 03/23 - 03/30 '13
POR w/DH & Family - Oak - 08/15 - 08/23 '14
Ismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 08:56 AM   #1598
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ismo View Post
Are they planning on working on the roof of any of the other buildings this summer?
Not at the moment no, but there are bound to be works to come at some point in the future (although probably not in the AB buildings for a while, as the roofs there were all done during the recent room refurbishments).

Andre

Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 06-04-2014, 04:03 PM   #1599
katyj26
Earning My Ears

One of our family members has to have a scooter. Is there any good place to put a scooter to charge at night at POR.
Been a Disney Lover since birth. First trip to WDW when I was about 2 with my mom and my "fairy" godmother. Gone back every year / every other year ever since! Never going to outgrow WDW! We 3 gals love our Disney trips!

katyj26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 05:59 PM   #1600
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Has anyone stayed in the Parterre Place princess rooms? We're checking in on Friday (2 rooms) and I have a feeling we'll be in that building. Is it a far walk to the food court/bus? Based on the maps online it looks like a good distance to the bus…thoughts?? I'm guessing/hoping we'll have connecting rooms but not sure if we'd rather that or to be in Oak Manor if they can accommodate that.
Old 06-04-2014, 08:14 PM   #1601
cloutinkerbell
Earning My Ears

I'm sure that this has been asked and answered but...... Is it allowed to ship cases of water to the resort? Are there any restrictions on amount, size etc.... What address should we use? Thank you in advance for help!
cloutinkerbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 10:26 PM   #1602
alhurricane
DisDads #733

We just got back from POR yesterday. While I don't have the energy to type a lengthy trip report at this time, I thought I would chime in on our first on site stay at POR.

Overall, we loved POR. It is a beautiful resort, very quiet, and relaxing. We stayed in building 16 of Alligator Bayou and it was a great location with only a couple minutes walk to the main building area. Even though we are a family of 4, my 6 year old daughter loved the Murphy Bed and extra room. I was afraid the room would be too small for us, but we have no complaints. Mousekeeping did a great job everyday and everything was kept nice and clean. We enjoyed the quiet pools, but also had a blast at the main pool, especially the water slide!

My only complaint of the resort is the buses. On the theme park board, I wrote about the fiasco we experienced waiting for a bus on a MK EMH morning. The South depot did not see a bus for over 45 minutes. When the bus did arrive, my family and a few others boarded, but there was a still a huge line of people that had to wait for another bus. We also had some extended waits at MK for a return bus. Disney clearly needs to reassess how they handle the buses at POR. I noticed many fellow gusts sharing similar frustrations.

If we are fortunate enough to return to Disney at some point in the future, I would love to return to POR, but admit the bus situation would at least make me pause and think a little harder. If they ever allocate more buses to the resort, it would be a no brainer for us to return.

Thanks to everybody on this board who was so helpful in the planning, especially Andre and Venom!
alhurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 02:41 AM   #1603
julluvsdisney

Quote:
No, the sections where work is actually going on are closed. Obviously you might see scaffolding from another area though, might be an idea to request a room away from construction work.

Andre
Hi Andre
Another question! In your opinion would it be worth it to upgrade to garden or pool view ? I wanted to be as close to the main building as possible in a standard view so I requested oak manor and now I'm thinking we will be placed in parterre place if I stick with standard view. Any advice would be greatly appreciated !!

Old 06-05-2014, 05:09 AM   #1604
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloutinkerbell View Post
I'm sure that this has been asked and answered but...... Is it allowed to ship cases of water to the resort? Are there any restrictions on amount, size etc.... What address should we use? Thank you in advance for help!
Yes, it's fine. They do ask that if you are shipping very large quantities of water bottles though that you ensure they are packed as just one outer carton per shipping box, to avoid the actual shipping boxes getting too heavy and unwieldy to handle easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by julluvsdisney View Post
Hi Andre
Another question! In your opinion would it be worth it to upgrade to garden or pool view ? I wanted to be as close to the main building as possible in a standard view so I requested oak manor and now I'm thinking we will be placed in parterre place if I stick with standard view. Any advice would be greatly appreciated !!
If you've got a Royal Room booked, by far the best option in terms of guaranteeing close proximity for access to the main building and the South bus depot would be a Pool View Royal Room, as these rooms are all clustered around the quiet swimming pool which is right next to the footbridge leading to the main area. Standard View rooms tend to be located on the far (parking lot) side of the buildings, and some can be a bit of a trek (although still no more than about 500 yards max to the food court door).

Andre

Old 06-05-2014, 08:50 AM   #1605
julluvsdisney

Quote:

If you've got a Royal Room booked, by far the best option in terms of guaranteeing close proximity for access to the main building and the South bus depot would be a Pool View Royal Room, as these rooms are all clustered around the quiet swimming pool which is right next to the footbridge leading to the main area. Standard View rooms tend to be located on the far (parking lot) side of the buildings, and some can be a bit of a trek (although still no more than about 500 yards max to the food court door).

Andre
Thanks for the quick response! Yes we have a RR booked and it's a standard but we will be there during the construction so I was hoping to upgrade the room view in hopes of staying away from construction. But all they have left is standard or garden view. I was thinking garden will give us a better opportunity to stay away from the roof construction. Wish they had pool view available! bummer! Oh well ! Im still excited!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: