Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-2014, 11:54 PM   #1516
DisneyDreamer04
Mouseketeer

Oh no... So sorry, for y'all. Hope it is a quick 24 hour bug.
DisneyDreamer04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 02:04 AM   #1517
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUVDisney1975 View Post
Hello! We have 36 days until we arrive at POR for our very 1st trip to Disney World!!!! We can't wait!!! My question is this: We booked a land and sea package, everything is paid for and ready to go. My girls and I decided yesterday that we wanted to upgrade from a standard room to a Royal room. My travel agent got right on it this morning and called Disney and was told they have no RR available. Even though I can go online and see there are rooms open for when we will be there. Long story short, since we booked a land & sea package through the cruise line they are only allowed to book standard rooms. My travel agent is trying to work every angle she can to get us a RR. What I don't understand is if we want to UPGRADE and pay MORE money, why can't we just get the room we want if they are still available? Sorry to rant. I'm just wondering if my travel agent can't get them to upgrade our room is, there any thing else we can try? I would love any suggestions. We can't wait for our trip!!!
Maybe if you mention the fact that you're willing to pay for an upgrade in your fax request?? :-/

We are at 34 days here. Still trying to decide between CSR and POR for the first part of the trip...

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-29-2014, 02:32 AM   #1518
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUVDisney1975 View Post
Sorry to rant. I'm just wondering if my travel agent can't get them to upgrade our room is, there any thing else we can try?
I'm guessing the packages booked via the Cruise Line may operate in much the same way as the large external Travel Agents, where the companies pre-select a range of rooms which will then be sold on to their clients. They don't however have full access to the whole pool of currently available rooms at WDW, just the ones that have been assigned to them to sell.

This might be difficult to resolve within their package system though - can you cancel just the hotel portion with them, and re-book the room direct with WDW perhaps? If not, then the best option might be to fax the resort directly about 5 days before you arrive explaining the problem and saying that you have tried every option to pay to upgrade, but the Cruise Line people were unable to do it. Offer to pay the difference and see what happens. I suspect that if there is still any availability they will do it for you, and you are unlikely to be charged anything extra, but there are no guarantees this way of course.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
andrewilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 02:35 AM   #1519
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by agrizzdisney View Post
Are any of the rooms at POR or POFQ available if you are a DVC member? I see that they do not offer villas but did not know if this was completely off limits for use of points.
Yes, you can use DVC points to buy pretty much any room at WDW (and lots elsewhere too, come to that) but it is not usually a very cost-effective way to stay at WDW, unless you just have points to burn which need using up before they expire.

Andre

Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 05-29-2014, 06:18 AM   #1520
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Maybe if you mention the fact that you're willing to pay for an upgrade in your fax request?? :-/

We are at 34 days here. Still trying to decide between CSR and POR for the first part of the trip...

I agree. Never hurts to ask!

Come on. I was at CSR yesterday again and I am not impressed with that resort sad to say. I feel like I walked into a convention center combined with a Mexican restaurant. I like POR better, I just don't get the whole business oriented feel that CSR puts off.
Venomhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 07:01 AM   #1521
Ismo
Mouseketeer

CO Detector?

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, I tried searching but couldn't find an exact answer.

Are there CO detectors in the POR rooms? I'm working on my WDW shopping list and I'm wondering if I should bring my own. I know every state has different laws and I'm not sure what Disney does.

Thanks for any input!

09/03/14 - Official DVC Members at GF!!!
Poly w/Family - 09/03 - 09/14 '95
POR w/DH & Family - Arcadian - 03/23 - 03/30 '13
POR w/DH & Family - Oak - 08/15 - 08/23 '14
Ismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 07:10 AM   #1522
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ismo View Post
Are there CO detectors in the POR rooms? I'm working on my WDW shopping list and I'm wondering if I should bring my own. I know every state has different laws and I'm not sure what Disney does.
There are smoke detectors, but I'm not sure if they pick up CO too.

However given that there aren't any gas or flame based appliances in the rooms (to the best of my knowledge anyway) I'm not sure why you'd want to bring one...

Andre

Last edited by andrewilley; 05-29-2014 at 07:18 AM.
Old 05-29-2014, 07:35 AM   #1523
Ismo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
There are smoke detectors, but I'm not sure if they pick up CO too.

However given that there aren't any gas or flame based appliances in the rooms (to the best of my knowledge anyway) I'm not sure why you'd want to bring one...

Andre
Thanks. My father's a fire fighter and I've heard too many horror stories growing up, I'm a bit anxious about things like this. It may all be in my head, but it makes me feel better

09/03/14 - Official DVC Members at GF!!!
Poly w/Family - 09/03 - 09/14 '95
POR w/DH & Family - Arcadian - 03/23 - 03/30 '13
POR w/DH & Family - Oak - 08/15 - 08/23 '14
Ismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 08:27 AM   #1524
alan_renfroe
DIS Veteran

My family will be checking in tomorrow for our first stay at POR. We are so excited!

1200 pics, 1100 miles, 15 deluxe dining meals, 7 days, 6 nights, 1 great time at POR May 29-June 5, 2014 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3289594

Past trip reports:
Team Renfroe's 2nd Trip Report, May 15-22, 2009 - 1500 pictures, dining reviews and DISmeets! - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2187084
Pre-Trip Report for May, 2009 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1884986
First trip report with TONS of pics - May, 2008 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1841491
alan_renfroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 08:31 AM   #1525
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ismo View Post
Thanks. My father's a fire fighter and I've heard too many horror stories growing up, I'm a bit anxious about things like this. It may all be in my head, but it makes me feel better
I really don't think you have anything to worry about. But I understand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan_renfroe View Post
My family will be checking in tomorrow for our first stay at POR. We are so excited!
You will love it!
Old 05-29-2014, 08:32 AM   #1526
rubberbootbunny
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
This might be difficult to resolve within their package system though - can you cancel just the hotel portion with them, and re-book the room direct with WDW perhaps? If not, then the best option might be to fax the resort directly about 5 days before you arrive explaining the problem and saying that you have tried every option to pay to upgrade, but the Cruise Line people were unable to do it. Offer to pay the difference and see what happens. I suspect that if there is still any availability they will do it for you, and you are unlikely to be charged anything extra, but there are no guarantees this way of course.

Andre
I had a similar situation at POP in 2012. I had requested a preferred room and found out thati was in a standard.
The CM on the desk explained that DCL could only book the standard rooms. I asked politely and was upgraded on the spot. Good luck to the OP and enjoy your land and sea.

rubberbootbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 08:42 AM   #1527
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubberbootbunny View Post
I had a similar situation at POP in 2012. I had requested a preferred room and found out thati was in a standard.
The CM on the desk explained that DCL could only book the standard rooms. I asked politely and was upgraded on the spot. Good luck to the OP and enjoy your land and sea.
Yeah if a guest were to use my room/request fax they may be able to see in advance if they can help out. Maybe work some pixie dust in there for them. It never hurts to try!
Old 05-29-2014, 10:10 AM   #1528
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
I agree. Never hurts to ask! Come on. I was at CSR yesterday again and I am not impressed with that resort sad to say. I feel like I walked into a convention center combined with a Mexican restaurant. I like POR better, I just don't get the whole business oriented feel that CSR puts off.
Lol. I'm tempted to switch... The family isn't too into Mexican either...

Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 05-29-2014, 10:15 AM   #1529
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Lol. I'm tempted to switch... The family isn't too into Mexican either...

Nothing against Mexican, I love the food and culture. Just we don't feel CSR too much!
Old 05-29-2014, 10:27 AM   #1530
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Does Andre have transportation times on his site by chance?

Does anyone know if the ones Touring Plans has posted are accurate at all?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: