Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2014, 12:16 PM   #1
SallyOMalley
Earning My Ears

AKL - Kidani Village vs. Bay Lake Tower

We will be visiting Disney World in February and I'm having a hard time deciding where to stay. I currently have a reservation at BLT for a 2-BR villa but considering switching to Kidani Village to take advantage of the Stay/Play/Dine special offer.

My husband and I have taken our 2 older girls (8 & 11) several times and can manage pretty well. This trip, we are taking our 2-year-old and my in-laws (who haven't been since the 70s). I've never taken a child this young before, so we thought the convenience of BLT would be key. BUT, if we switch to Kidani Village, the savings are pretty significant. And I do have extra hands to help with the toddler. AND AKL just looks like an incredible place!

Any thoughts or advice? Thank you!
SallyOMalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 01:45 PM   #2
chalee94
I thought all sand was ground up rocks
He's used to walking n00bies

i love AKV. i love the theming, the animals and the restaurants.

but if you will be spending most of your time at the MK, i would stick with BLT. the location is unbeatable. (it's also nice if you are headed to other resorts as you can use the MK bus hub to catch buses to other resorts for meals and such.)

i don't think AKV would be a bad choice. you still get 3 bathrooms in a 2BR villa and great theming. but if you are spending a lot of time at the MK, i'd still vote to pay extra to stay at BLT.

edited to add: but do go to the AKL (jambo house) for a meal later - as long as it is daylight, you can walk out the back of the lobby and still see the animals before you eat...

chalee94 is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-17-2014, 02:56 PM   #3
Anthony1971
DIS Veteran

The location of BLT is great for MK only... the rest... and because you are choosing Kidani BLT also has an OK CS for quick meals.
Kidani The theming is amazing the pool are is very nice with the child's play area but has no real CS location. Do you have an option for Jambo house?
For older people they will like AKL better to view the animals especially if you are getting a savannah view. I prefer Jambo house over Kidani as there are far more activities and they have a great CS location. But both are very different from an ordinary hotel like BLT.
I stay at AKL -- Jambo house most vacations-- I have stayed at Kidani and have stayed at BLT. When I have taken my Parents or in-laws they by far like AKL better. The only reason I would stay at BLT is if MK is going to be visited a lot and you will stay for the parade or fireworks otherwise I am not a big fan.
Anthony1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 03:40 PM   #4
chalee94
I thought all sand was ground up rocks
He's used to walking n00bies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1971 View Post
Do you have an option for Jambo house?
For older people they will like AKL better to view the animals especially if you are getting a savannah view. I prefer Jambo house over Kidani as there are far more activities and they have a great CS location.
1 note if it is important to you: AKL/jambo house 2BRs are all on the 5th floor and only have 2 bathrooms.

chalee94 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:24 AM   #5
SallyOMalley
Earning My Ears

Thank y'all very much! We plan on spending most of our time at Magic Kingdom, so I think we will keep our reservation for BLT. BUT, I'm definitely going to visit AKL - it sounds so neat!

Thanks for your help!
SallyOMalley is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: