Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2014, 12:14 PM   #1
PSUGuy
Bill From PA

DVC Standard Studio Rooms On the 'End' Of BoardWalk?

I've seen a picture somewhere showing the different types of DVC rooms available and where they are at BW. One of the places where standard view studio rooms are available, according to this, is on the far end of BW, facing down towards DHS, I think they sort of overlook the tennis courts. Has anyone stayed there? Do they have a balcony as do the ones that face the BW entrance area?

http://www.eduremote.com/BWVRoomViews.jpg

Thanks for any info offered,
Bill From PA

Last edited by PSUGuy; 09-19-2014 at 12:22 PM.
PSUGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 04:19 PM   #2
rlovew

DISboards Moderator

There are garden view rooms on the village green. I don't know if they all have full balconies or not but they all have some kind of balcony- these are not standard view but preferred view (just not boardwalk view).
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-19-2014, 05:12 PM   #3
MAO
BWV Owner

I would automatically say "yes" they have a balcony, except I read recently someone claiming that some of the garden view Inn rooms (facing the green) did not have balconies so I figure, with my luck, those rooms you're asking about might not. I'd post this same question in the DVC boards area -- you're more likely to get a higher number of DVC owners who might have a more definitive answer. In the 16 years I've owned at BW, I've not noticed any rooms not having a balcony or patio, but I honestly haven't paid that much attention to anything other than whatever room I ended up in.
MAO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 06:00 PM   #4
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

As far as I know, all of the villa rooms have a balcony. Some are larger than others. Some are only big enough for 2 people, some are big enough for a party.
Old 09-19-2014, 08:52 PM   #5
willidc
Earning My Ears

BWV Standard View near DHS

We have stayed in 1123 which is a Standard View Studio on the first floor and it had a nice patio. The rooms directly above us all had balconies. These rooms are on a corner near the end of the wing by tennis courts and closest to DHS, but have a very convenient walkway to the bus stop. Also, you have a shorter walk to/from DHS. Our studio was the largest we have ever had due to the corner with an exit right next door.

We have tried requesting one of the x123 rooms for other stays, but we have not been lucky enough to get one. We met someone who had a 1 BR above us and they said it was not the typical shape of a 1 BR, but was the largest 1 BR they had ever had.

I think if you do a search on the room number(s) you may find some pictures. BWV is our home resort for many years and we have never had Standard studio without a balcony. Perhaps a call to MS can give you definitive information.
willidc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 09:04 PM   #6
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by willidc View Post
We have stayed in 1123 which is a Standard View Studio on the first floor and it had a nice patio. The rooms directly above us all had balconies. These rooms are on a corner near the end of the wing by tennis courts and closest to DHS, but have a very convenient walkway to the bus stop. Also, you have a shorter walk to/from DHS. Our studio was the largest we have ever had due to the corner with an exit right next door.

We have tried requesting one of the x123 rooms for other stays, but we have not been lucky enough to get one. We met someone who had a 1 BR above us and they said it was not the typical shape of a 1 BR, but was the largest 1 BR they had ever had.

I think if you do a search on the room number(s) you may find some pictures. BWV is our home resort for many years and we have never had Standard studio without a balcony. Perhaps a call to MS can give you definitive information.
I was lucky enough to get one of those 1 bedrooms once. I made my usual across from the bus stop, top floor request, didn't even specifically request it.

Here's my report. This was 2003, so I'm sure the décor has changed.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....hreadid=477630
Old Today, 07:59 AM   #7
PSUGuy
Bill From PA

Thanks for all the great info, I know what to ask for now.

Bill From PA

PSUGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: