Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2014, 11:41 AM   #1
tbgame32
Earning My Ears

New FP Suggestions for WDW

Since Disney is actively surveying guests about possible changes to FP+, why don't we post some ideas in the hopes that Disney reads these forums and wants to hear from their most loyal guests.

In the recent survey Disney hinted at some possible changes. While the 3 refillable FP option seems to be the best at first glance to me, I actually think the idea of 1 revolving FP+. If you think about it, this would be most similar to the old system because you would have to get your FP on the fly throughout the day and can only hold 1 at a time during a certain timeframe. Allowing veterans to strategically use standby lines at rope drop for certain rides and utilize FP for the rides that really need it. BUT, newcomers would at least be able to get FPs as well. This 1 revolving would also prevent everyone from just pre-scheduling 3 attractions just because they can, but may or may not use them, thus unnecessarily wasting FPs. With this system, you could then bonus to resort guests and make extra scheduled FP available for purchase with a valid ticket for a specific day.

Here's how it would work:

- 1 Revolving FP as soon as you scan into ANY park that day. You cannot schedule this FP in advance, but is available to fill and refill as you use it. Again, very similar to the old system, just no need to get paper FPs. If you don't have a smartphone, you just go to a FB terminal or CM with iPad to select (just like you use to, but less lines due to amount of smartphones out there).

- Upon booking at an onsite resort and park tickets, you are provided 2 Pre-Arrival FP for FREE that can be scheduled 6 months in advance. No tiers, no 1-park restriction. Staying offsite does NOT provide this option. Onsite guests should ABSOLUTELY get a perk.

- ALL guests (onsite and off) are able to purchase 1 FP with the purchase of a park ticket, which can be used for advance scheduling. So offsite guests have the option to get 1 Pre-Arrival and onsite guests get a total option of holding 3 Pre-Arrival.

- And since this is my dream... DVC members are able to purchase 1 additional FP Pre-Arrival, as long as you are staying onsite, which will give you a total of 4 Pre-Arrivals (yes purchase, lets not get greedy!).

Ok, let the suggestions fly and maybe we can come up with the best advice for change.

Last edited by tbgame32; 03-09-2014 at 01:05 PM.
tbgame32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 11:51 AM   #2
rteetz
DIS Veteran

Wasn't one of the revolving FP questions that you would get the 4th FP at 1:00pm and you would get to pick from anything left at 1:00pm. Tiers would not be included because it would be with whatever is left.

rteetz is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-09-2014, 01:05 PM   #3
tbgame32
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by rteetz View Post
Wasn't one of the revolving FP questions that you would get the 4th FP at 1:00pm and you would get to pick from anything left at 1:00pm. Tiers would not be included because it would be with whatever is left.
There was something about a 1pm time, but you can only imagine the rush at 1pm.
Old 03-09-2014, 01:16 PM   #4
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbgame32 View Post
I could see MDE crashing bank on 1 pm every day for the foreseeable future if they were to implement this.
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 01:20 PM   #5
tazadd0420
Fairy Dust is Dangerous

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbgame32

Agreed. IT fix would be needed. 1 pm might allow park hopping. 1 park in morning for rd. 2nd park with 4+ FP. If the system could keep up this would be better for our touring style. I know not work for everyone.
tazadd0420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 02:23 PM   #6
tbgame32
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazadd0420 View Post
Agreed. IT fix would be needed. 1 pm might allow park hopping. 1 park in morning for rd. 2nd park with 4+ FP. If the system could keep up this would be better for our touring style. I know not work for everyone.
I see no need for the 1pm idea. The theory seems to be that you could park hop and FPs would still be available. If you had the option to schedule 2 in advance and then have 1 revolving FP, you would just schedule 2 FP in afternoon at one park and hit another park in the AM taking advantage of morning smaller lines and use the 1 Revolving FP.
Old 03-09-2014, 04:24 PM   #7
rteetz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I see no need for the 1pm idea. The theory seems to be that you could park hop and FPs would still be available. If you had the option to schedule 2 in advance and then have 1 revolving FP, you would just schedule 2 FP in afternoon at one park and hit another park in the AM taking advantage of morning smaller lines and use the 1 Revolving FP.
1 pm would be for the unused FPs that are left. I think my favorite option would be where you schedule 3 and once you use one you can schedule another one. Either way another FP and park hopping would make a lot of people much happier.

Old 03-09-2014, 04:52 PM   #8
tazadd0420
Fairy Dust is Dangerous

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbgame32

Agreed IF (yes that is literally a big if ) they allow park hopping. Currently FP is only one park per day. If I can use 1 early at one park then add my fourth after that for the afternoon park then we agree.

If no hopping then do morning rd and I revert to my pp.
tazadd0420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 04:57 PM   #9
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

Park hopping won't solve the fastpass problem...

Because vets will do the following:

Book toy story, soarin, and rockin rollercoaster/Everest/splash/space/tower of
Terror...every single day.

That's what I would do...to allow annual pass/DVC "flexibility" at all times.

Similar to ghost reservations in dining. They will have to Institutionally get rid of it with monetary fees to stop...

Like they have with dining... Charging you a no show when you switch from one high priced, same menu place to another.

What's that stock price up to?
Bought there....(SSR 2006)

Last Trip: Too Long Ago
Next Trip: Can i borrow some money to go?
Gift Shop Quality: When did we get to WalMart?
Food Quality: Only the finest free range roast chicken breast and loch dart salmon in the Kingdom

"May the Space Being bless the Free Market"
lockedoutlogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 05:17 PM   #10
tbgame32
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockedoutlogic View Post
Park hopping won't solve the fastpass problem...

Because vets will do the following:

Book toy story, soarin, and rockin rollercoaster/Everest/splash/space/tower of
Terror...every single day.

That's what I would do...to allow annual pass/DVC "flexibility" at all times.

Similar to ghost reservations in dining. They will have to Institutionally get rid of it with monetary fees to stop...

Like they have with dining... Charging you a no show when you switch from one high priced, same menu place to another.

What's that stock price up to?
You can't, see OP. One, you have to have valid tickets and reservation to stay onsite to even get your 2 FP. Two, you only have 2. So, AP holders still need a valid reservation to get FP. The AP holders who just day trip will still get their 1 Revolving FP when they scan into a park. Of course, they could also buy 1 Pre-Arrival FP just like everyone else.

Last edited by tbgame32; 03-09-2014 at 05:22 PM.
Old 03-09-2014, 06:02 PM   #11
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

Quote:

You can't, see OP. One, you have to have valid tickets and reservation to stay onsite to even get your 2 FP. Two, you only have 2. So, AP holders still need a valid reservation to get FP. The AP holders who just day trip will still get their 1 Revolving FP when they scan into a park. Of course, they could also buy 1 Pre-Arrival FP just like everyone else.
A little too literal...

I always have annual passes and I always stay on site...

And I'm not talking about "every day"...I'm talking about "everyday I'm there"

And if they do incentives/tiering...I'll qualify for all if them...
Unless its an "exclusive system"... To go on muppet vision and mad tea party...in which case it will be a mercenary system that will serve the few, not the many... And is likely to make things much worse on the whole

Food Quality: Only the finest free range roast chicken breast and loch dart salmon in the Kingdom

Old 03-09-2014, 06:08 PM   #12
rteetz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
if they do this they are going to do it in a way where everyone gets to use this. The old FP system did not have limitations for off site or ap holders everyone got the same system. They will get the same thing everyone else does.

Old 03-09-2014, 06:39 PM   #13
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
if they do this they are going to do it in a way where everyone gets to use this. The old FP system did not have limitations for off site or ap holders everyone got the same system. They will get the same thing everyone else does.
Why the faith that "equality" is the goal?

They have given no indication that it is at this point.

If your stance is "they wouldn't risk alienate the offsite customer"...I agree

However, if it is "we're confident that the "big D" is strong enough that we will dictate how people Travel here"...then that's a different animal.

I'm not sure the bizarro second scenario isn't the goal...even if its...well...bizarro

Old 03-09-2014, 07:05 PM   #14
tbgame32
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Just because they use to do it, doesn't mean they have to or will. Seems perfectly logical onsite guests would get privileges over offsite. Offsite would still have 1 revolving FP when they enter (which is really fine by itself) and they would have the option to purchase 1 Pre-Arrival FP.
Old 03-09-2014, 07:31 PM   #15
Figmentforever24
DIS Veteran

This is how I think it should be(Not that my opinion really matters, but ill give it anyway)

1. Guest staying on property or are annual passholders can book their FP in advance 60 days like they do now. They can also allow those staying off property too be able to book ahead if they wish too. This way everyone is so called "equal".

2. Guest can book FP for multiple parks in the same day. So if you want to book FP for Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom in the same day you can do that. The way it works is you can book your total amount for the first park then the total amount for the second.

3. Guest can get 4 FP for all parks.

4. After you have used ALL of your FP for the day you can then go in and book for whatever is left. The extra FP are only valid for the park you used them all in. You cant use FP for Magic Kingdom then go and try to get extras for another park if you decide to park hop.

That's where I am so far in my perfect FP+ world. =)
Figmentforever24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: