Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2014, 06:17 AM   #1
lelalittlelegs
Mouseketeer

Bringing snacks and juice onboard

We have cruised with Disney before but at the time our then 3 year old daughter was still on a liquid diet, on this cruise in August she will be 6 and can now tolerate solid food (she has cerebral palsy). I have seen people talk on here about taking snacks onboard but have then read that certain items aren't allowed - we are sailing from Barcelona in case that makes a difference. Basically I will need to bring certain dry foods for her such as crackers, breadsticks, puffed crisps (chips) or cookies along with small cartons of orange juice that we use to mix some of her liquid feed into through the day/night. None of these items will be open or homemade. Just normal shop bought/prescription foods. Do these need to be packed into my luggage? Or do I need to bring them on as hang luggage? I won't need access to them on the first day so am happy to wait for them to show up in our cabin later (I also don't really want to have to drag a whole bag of snacks around with me) but I obviously don't want to do it wrong either. I think a lot of the questions on here have probably pertained to alcohol and roll-along coolers no longer being allowed, whereas these are snacks/juice (she eats like a baby that is being weaned) - any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-28-2014, 06:39 AM   #2
DynamicDisneyDuo
DIS Veteran

The food can be in your checked baggage when boarding the ship although breakable items could well, break.

The liquids will need to be in your carry on when boarding the ship.

DynamicDisneyDuo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-28-2014, 07:18 AM   #3
Zandy595
DIS Veteran
The other day I found a big honkin' frog in my toilet

Quote:
Originally Posted by lelalittlelegs View Post
We have cruised with Disney before but at the time our then 3 year old daughter was still on a liquid diet, on this cruise in August she will be 6 and can now tolerate solid food (she has cerebral palsy). I have seen people talk on here about taking snacks onboard but have then read that certain items aren't allowed - we are sailing from Barcelona in case that makes a difference. Basically I will need to bring certain dry foods for her such as crackers, breadsticks, puffed crisps (chips) or cookies along with small cartons of orange juice that we use to mix some of her liquid feed into through the day/night. None of these items will be open or homemade. Just normal shop bought/prescription foods. Do these need to be packed into my luggage? Or do I need to bring them on as hang luggage? I won't need access to them on the first day so am happy to wait for them to show up in our cabin later (I also don't really want to have to drag a whole bag of snacks around with me) but I obviously don't want to do it wrong either. I think a lot of the questions on here have probably pertained to alcohol and roll-along coolers no longer being allowed, whereas these are snacks/juice (she eats like a baby that is being weaned) - any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Unless you need a special kind of orange juice, they have it on the ship. One less thing you might have to carry on.

Animal Kingdom Lodge Pop Century All Star Music All Star Movies Caribbean Beach DCL Wonder 2001 DCL Magic Eastern 2004 DCL Magic Western 2008 DCL Dream 2011, 2012, 2014
Zandy595 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 08:35 AM   #4
disneyfaninaz
It takes faith, trust & pixie dust!

As long as the snacks and juice are in factory sealed containers and not put into ziplock baggies or home made, you can bring as much as you want onboard. We are in a similar boat (pardon the pun) as my DD is diabetic and we bring prepackaged snacks and juice boxes to take on excursions.
disneyfaninaz is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: