Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2014, 12:35 PM   #31
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Queenie View Post
This development does not change my mind, still not a fan of fast pass+...now if deign to pay for hoppers, I get three tiered fastpasses and I get to lose the time in the park to travel to another. When I did not have to do either, with the old system. The Avatar theme is lame that has not changed, will I ride the new ride? Yes, and will go through the new area, but do I think there could have been a better theme you bet I do!
Will the latter change affect me booking Disney again? No
However, the first problem will and I will probably be staying off site my next trip.

If I can not get on the headliners at Disney at least once without a long wait it is just not that attractive to me anymore to go to the parks.

I love Disney, but just yesterday as a family we discussed our next trip in Florida. We all decided it will be a Non-Disney trip. This is after years of back to back trips to our beloved Disney. I am not a doomsayer, but I am educated consumer and if I am not happy with the product I will go elsewhere. I work very hard for my vacation dollars.
Our next trip:
Bonnet Creek spacious rental a third of the cost and better pools. JMHO
SeaWorld
Aquatica
Discovery Cove
Universal for 3 days

Not sure but, maybe Bush Gardens loved this when I was younger, but I am on the fence.

So while I love Disney, I also have options and right to have a differing opinion.

Will not debate, will not even look at this thread again.
no debates here. have a great trip.

PROUD DAD OF A DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM DAUGHTER!!! FALL ADVANTAGE 2013 MK-ODF ALUMNI !!!!!
2000+ MILE ROUND TRIP DRIVING THREAD.. DOUBLE DIAMOND DRIVER!

dvczerfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 06:43 AM   #32
beer dave
There are 10 kinds of people in the world-- those who understand the binary numbering system, and those who do not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Queenie View Post
This development does not change my mind, still not a fan of fast pass+...now if deign to pay for hoppers, I get three tiered fastpasses and I get to lose the time in the park to travel to another. When I did not have to do either, with the old system. The Avatar theme is lame that has not changed, will I ride the new ride? Yes, and will go through the new area, but do I think there could have been a better theme you bet I do!
Will the latter change affect me booking Disney again? No
However, the first problem will and I will probably be staying off site my next trip.

If I can not get on the headliners at Disney at least once without a long wait it is just not that attractive to me anymore to go to the parks.

I love Disney, but just yesterday as a family we discussed our next trip in Florida. We all decided it will be a Non-Disney trip. This is after years of back to back trips to our beloved Disney. I am not a doomsayer, but I am educated consumer and if I am not happy with the product I will go elsewhere. I work very hard for my vacation dollars.
Our next trip:
Bonnet Creek spacious rental a third of the cost and better pools. JMHO
SeaWorld
Aquatica
Discovery Cove
Universal for 3 days

Not sure but, maybe Bush Gardens loved this when I was younger, but I am on the fence.

So while I love Disney, I also have options and right to have a differing opinion.

Will not debate, will not even look at this thread again.
yes you will.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-04-2014, 06:52 PM   #33
DummbGiRL
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by beer dave View Post
yes you will.

* Dec 2007 - CBR * Nov 2010 - OKW * Sept 2011 - CSR, SOLO Trip * May 2013 - DL, offsite * Oct 2013 - YC, F&W weekend * Dec 2014 - BCV *

DummbGiRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 07:07 PM   #34
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DummbGiRL View Post
I was thinking the same thing.

PROUD DAD OF A DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM DAUGHTER!!! FALL ADVANTAGE 2013 MK-ODF ALUMNI !!!!!
2000+ MILE ROUND TRIP DRIVING THREAD.. DOUBLE DIAMOND DRIVER!

dvczerfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 09:07 AM   #35
ErinTwinmom
Earning My Ears

Ok so about the first post. Is that happening? Thread tangented so fast... so does anyone know if they are doing testing currently on extra fp+ park hoppers?
ErinTwinmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 10:34 AM   #36
KilroyWasHere
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinTwinmom View Post
Ok so about the first post. Is that happening? Thread tangented so fast... so does anyone know if they are doing testing currently on extra fp+ park hoppers?
Every thread that has a touch of positivity towards FP+ gets high jacked by a FP+ hater. At least the last one is knowledgeable enough to know if they don't like it they can go somewhere else.....until that place develops something to complain about.

As for your question...I do not know. This is the only place/thread I have heard of this. However, there have been a few threads saying if you used all your FP+'s in one park (say in the AM) you could then go to a different park and make FP+ reservations while there. Is it true, who knows...
Old 03-10-2014, 02:32 PM   #37
likestravel
Earning My Ears

we were there in late Feb. We are dvc members and have the app and the magic bands etc. We tried to make fastpasses at 2 parks at once. You were only able to get 3 fast passes per day. We were not able to get 3 at MK and then 3 at Hollywood. WE talked to a high ranking official about this by mistake. We were having dinner and she was sitting next to us. She said Hollywood studios just went online with the technology and once all the bugs are worked out. There next project was working on fastpasses for the park hopper people. SO you can get 3 for example in the morning at one park and 3 at night at another. There were glitches in the system and some people were able to book like 3 tier 1 rides while we were only able to choose 2. They everyone was talking about it. There are some glitches that did work out for some.
Old 03-10-2014, 05:40 PM   #38
eckemby
Earning My Ears

Not complaining, just commenting, we are staying at OKW 3/28 - 4/2 and we're not DVC members. We have park hopper. When I went online to choose my FP's with FP+, I was hoping I could use, say, 2 FP's at HS then one at MK later the same day, but it won't let me do it. In fact, if I only choose one or two FP's, it gives me other random ones to add up to three.
eckemby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 07:07 PM   #39
jtwibih
Mouseketeer

You have to use all 3 in one park as of right now

Past: Apr 2014 - DCL; Nov 2013 - BWV/AKV; Apr 2013 - DLH; Nov 2012 - AKV; Nov 2011 - WL; Nov 2010 - WL; May 2010 - CSR; Jun 2009 - AKL; Apr 2008 - AKL/WL; Jul 2007 - SS; Aug 2006 - POFQ; Aug 2005 - POFQ; Aug 2004 - offsite
jtwibih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 08:15 PM   #40
rteetz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eckemby View Post
Not complaining, just commenting, we are staying at OKW 3/28 - 4/2 and we're not DVC members. We have park hopper. When I went online to choose my FP's with FP+, I was hoping I could use, say, 2 FP's at HS then one at MK later the same day, but it won't let me do it. In fact, if I only choose one or two FP's, it gives me other random ones to add up to three.
thats what it's supposed to do its only being rumored right now that it will be able to park hop. Right now you cannot use one here two there you must use all three at one park.

rteetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 10:56 PM   #41
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rteetz View Post
thats what it's supposed to do its only being rumored right now that it will be able to park hop. Right now you cannot use one here two there you must use all three at one park.
This seems to go so well with FP+...

"Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out".
  • WDW Estimated Ride Capacities
bcrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 06:19 AM   #42
mommakrispix
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrook

"Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out".
Lol you had me cracking up on the train
Old 03-11-2014, 06:49 AM   #43
beer dave
There are 10 kinds of people in the world-- those who understand the binary numbering system, and those who do not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrook View Post

And that, my liege, is how we know the world to be banana shaped.
Old 03-11-2014, 08:51 AM   #44
tambam500
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtwibih View Post
You have to use all 3 in one park as of right now
Not exactly accurate....If you didn't use all three at the first park you can choose attractions at your second park when you arrive. You can do this by going to one of the kiosks. Just did it two weeks ago.
Old 03-12-2014, 10:50 AM   #45
patsal
I've discovered I don't need to be a control freak...and like it!

It is a lot of changes very quickly to something many thought they were experts on. For the most part no one likes change. My perspective is I am having a love/hate relationship with the bands and FP+. It doesn't make or break my vacation, it is just a fact that I have to deal with and adjust my touring to work with it.

Tags
app, fp+, mde, park hopping

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: