Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2014, 04:44 PM   #1
DummbGiRL
Mouseketeer

Park Hopping with 3 FP+ per park being reported

Not me, but there are a few people who've been posting on a Disney Addicts page that they've been able to Park Hop using FP+ this week when using the Disney App. They have been able to make up to 3 choices per park (minding Tiering rules still for EP and HS), posted screen shots of their apps showing multiple parks on one day, and have reported actually using them successfully. Hopefully this is not just a glitch in the app and will become official!

* Dec 2007 - CBR * Nov 2010 - OKW * Sept 2011 - CSR, SOLO Trip * May 2013 - DL, offsite * Oct 2013 - YC, F&W weekend * Dec 2014 - BCV *

DummbGiRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 04:46 PM   #2
Pkltm
Canadian Mouse Girl

That would be awesome!!!!!!
Register to remove

Old 02-27-2014, 09:28 PM   #3
lebeauc
Earning My Ears

I just tried this on the my Disney experience site and it only let me select 1 park per day. But, I don't have park hoppers for my upcoming trip, so maybe that's why it isn't working for me. Maybe someone with park hoppers can give it a shot.
lebeauc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 09:44 PM   #4
Tigerlulu
Mouseketeer

We have hoppers and it didn't work for me. It replaced my current selections with the new ones. Oh well. I hope it will work out though. That would be fantastic!
Tigerlulu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 10:23 PM   #5
rteetz
DIS Veteran

I do know the original plan was for disney to allow this maybe they finally will allow guest to do this. Hopefully it will be true and all guests with hoppers can do it.

rteetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 01:48 AM   #6
mcd2745
You're only young once, but you have your whole life to be immature!

I don't think there is any doubt you will be able to get FP+s at more than one park eventually. Otherwise, the park hopper option is totally devalued and very few people will add it. It's just a matter of time.
Old 02-28-2014, 09:42 AM   #7
mvk
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcd2745
I don't think there is any doubt you will be able to get FP+s at more than one park eventually. Otherwise, the park hopper option is totally devalued and very few people will add it. It's just a matter of time.
I think FP+ makes hoppers more valuable. If you think AK & DHS are half day parks, schedule FP+ for afternoon/evening at DHS and go to AK in morning. Won't have long waits at AK and you don't have to worry about TSM being out of FP when you get to DHS.

Can do the same with any afternoon park really... visit one park early with less waits then you have your FP+ already setup for when you want to ride at other park.
Old 02-28-2014, 12:08 PM   #8
lions1995
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvk View Post
I think FP+ makes hoppers more valuable.
I absolutely agree. We don't buy hoppers. You loss a lot of time jumping and in the old FP system, by the time you got to the second park, FPs were gone to way out for the big rides.

But, if I could reserve 3 passes at AK in the morning / early afternoon and 3 FPs for Magic Kingdom later in the day, it would certainly make me. Consider getting a hopper.
lions1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 03:19 PM   #9
DummbGiRL
Mouseketeer

I'm starting to notice a couple trends of the people I'm stalking who are using 3 FP+ each in multiple parks... 1) Some have said they added PH once they arrived at the park - not all, but it maybe for some this is a key. 2) It seems they may have made their second park selections day of and not pre-arrival. Though, the one guy who said he added PH at the park was able to make multiple park passes for the whole week the first day he was there, so it's still up in there if there are restrictions. Anyway, I'm excited if it works itself out!

* Dec 2007 - CBR * Nov 2010 - OKW * Sept 2011 - CSR, SOLO Trip * May 2013 - DL, offsite * Oct 2013 - YC, F&W weekend * Dec 2014 - BCV *

DummbGiRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 06:03 PM   #10
JEWLSVERN
Mouseketeer

I had a cm at the AK kiosk tell me because I had used all my FP at AK I could then hop to another park and book 3 FP there.
I didn't have hoppers so I couldn't try it.
JEWLSVERN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 09:52 PM   #11
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by lions1995 View Post
I absolutely agree. We don't buy hoppers. You loss a lot of time jumping and in the old FP system, by the time you got to the second park, FPs were gone to way out for the big rides.

But, if I could reserve 3 passes at AK in the morning / early afternoon and 3 FPs for Magic Kingdom later in the day, it would certainly make me. Consider getting a hopper.
That would work whether you hopped or not though. You would just stay put in the same park and enjoy the three rides that afternoon. If someone wants to hop then of course you can set them up in the second park.
Old 02-28-2014, 10:04 PM   #12
SnowWhite2
DIS Veteran

Just got back from WDW last night. One day the FP+ kiosk people were slow so DH struck up a conversation with one while I was at the ladies room. He said that park hopping and more than 3 FP+ will be coming once they get the bugs worked out. He said maybe 4 or 5 FP+ per person.

I will say that the kiosks were very busy in the mornings and lines that would rival a space mountain or splash mountain. If I were an off-site person, I would be unhappy having to spend an hour in line first thing in the morning to get my FP+ selections.

December 28, 2014 NYE Magic
November 10, 2014 Dream double-dip
June 9, 2014 Alaska Wonder
December 28, 2013 NYE Fantasy
December 29, 2012 NYE Fantasy
December 29, 2011 NYE Dream
December 26, 2009 NYE Magic
December 20, 2008 Christmas Magic
February 2, 2008 Eastern Magic
February 3, 2007 Eastern Magic
April 15, 2006 Western Magic
February 2003 Eastern Magic
SnowWhite2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 07:42 AM   #13
beer dave
There are 10 kinds of people in the world-- those who understand the binary numbering system, and those who do not.

First everyone is unhappy that they can only get three... and that you can't park hop... and that off site can't get any...and what about AP's... and then AP's get FPP, and then off site gets them, and then you can park hop, and then you can get more than 3.... When will everyone realize that this is in an evolving form and stop with the "I'm never going again"?
Old 03-01-2014, 08:10 AM   #14
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by beer dave View Post
First everyone is unhappy that they can only get three... and that you can't park hop... and that off site can't get any...and what about AP's... and then AP's get FPP, and then off site gets them, and then you can park hop, and then you can get more than 3.... When will everyone realize that this is in an evolving form and stop with the "I'm never going again"?

I have been hearing this for almost 40 years. from the epcot roll out to harry potter is going to put the place out of business.

PROUD DAD OF A DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM DAUGHTER!!! FALL ADVANTAGE 2013 MK-ODF ALUMNI !!!!!
2000+ MILE ROUND TRIP DRIVING THREAD.. DOUBLE DIAMOND DRIVER!

dvczerfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 09:08 AM   #15
rteetz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post
I have been hearing this for almost 40 years. from the epcot roll out to harry potter is going to put the place out of business.
well Harry potter putting disney out of business is a stretch. But I agree with the PP as well.

rteetz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
app, fp+, mde, park hopping

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: