Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2014, 06:33 AM   #61
RoyalMom
Mouseketeer

Don't think I said so before --
Amanda, I went back and looked through the Feb. thread and you look stunningly beautiful! rock that gown, princess!

DH Me DD8 DD6 DS3
RoyalMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 07:37 AM   #62
Rose&Mike
DIS Veteran

Feel better Liz!

Welcome to all the new folks.

Getting so close Amanda! So very excited for you.

I am holding my own here. We walked outside last night despite the weather. The plan is to go to the Y after work today. Getting ready to put a pot of white beans in the crock pot to have with tomato soup and grilled cheese for dinner. I made lentil pasta yesterday for dinner so that is lunch.

I hope everyone has a great day.

I need to do better at replying to everyone, but slightly distracted, but determined to keep checking in.
Register to remove

Old 03-04-2014, 08:26 AM   #63
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

Good morning all!

Just went back a page here to try and catch up a bit. I will start my coaching gig one day early and will start tomorrow 'cause it will be Wednesday you know.

WOFTD, sorry about the loss of your beloved watch. One of the best things about being young is that you have so many choices and so few responsibilities -- I know you will find your niche and some adventures before
for sure!

momofdjc, at the rate things are going with wintry weather it will be awhile before any baseball can be played.

Rose, glad that you had a good week-end and are ready for a great month. It's tough to not have any flowers yet but I always think it is sadder when they are out and then get the whammy.

Magdalene, glad that your knee is feeling better. I think you are ready to rock some exercise!

Buffy, that first run after a race is always a toughie. What is next for you all?

Karen, I bet this is the month that you find your mojo again!

Liz, so sorry that you had the tummy bug. for speedy healing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammykster View Post
Hello everyone! I would love to join in if I'm not too late? I followed along in February with the intention of joining in March then completely forgot to log on Here is my info in hopes I can participate!
Sam! It's never too late to join one of our challenges! Read the instructions in the first couple of posts, send your PM and let us know if you have any questions.

Ronda! I wonder if you and Liz are doing the same half on 4/12?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblesNH View Post
Hi Everyone, Would like to join this month.
I haven't been on the boards for a few years so relearning what to do.
Bear with me!
Michelle! Great suggestions for WOFTD!

Hi Pamela! Nice to see you!

Amanda, thanks for hostessing last month and we can't wait to see your wedding pictures!

I joined a 5k training group at my local running store to reboot my running and make sure I didn't park my butt on the couch for a couple of months. Those people are killing me! They run longer intervals than I am used to and we ran in 8 degree temps with -13 wind chill on Saturday. Tomorrow we get to run in 100% chance of rain. It's an adventure!
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 10:04 AM   #64
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

Morning alland Happy Tuesday! I intended to try to get caught up here while my students are at Library time, but I think I have finally found the oldest and slowest computer here at the school! I don't dare try to do replies because it has taken me 20+ minutes of my 45 minute planning period just to get logged on and onto the WISH page. I will give it another try when I have my lunch break. Suffice it to say that I miss chatting with you all and hope you are all doing well.

I have a full day today of working at the school, then a dash home to drop DS and then back into town for tonight's WW meeting and then I leave straight from there to drive to DD's school. Tomorrow she has an interview in Boston and we need to leave plenty of time to get there due to the infamous Boston traffic and the weather that is reported to be icky ( more snow!). Then I'll bring her back to school and get home, hopefully for dinner with my men Wednesday night... and then I am working at school Thurs. and Fri. And then Friday night I drive back to RI to pick up DD for spring break!. So I know you will all be forgiving if I am MIA for most of this week!

As far as my ongoing journey.... eating has been at times PERFECTLY OP and at times an overwhelming disaster.... sometimes in the same day! Feeling a bit frustrated and baffled that the scale is just refusing to move down to where it should and I know that is causing me to have these bouts of "I don't care what I eat" mentality. But yesterday was a perfectly back OP day (albeit without any real exercise) and today will be another, so I am feeling more in control and positive.

Off to get ready to pick up the kiddos in a bit! Hopefully I'll be able to chat at lunch time!.....P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 01:20 PM   #65
PlutoBaby
Treat stress like a dog;pee on it and walk away.

Talking

Hellloooooo ladies! Remember me? The one who said she'd be back on the WISH wagon but keeps falling off? Yup, that's me! Since I'm sick of not being able to throw off these last 10 pounds, I decided to do something positive and get back to where I feel the most weight-hating love! I haven't stepped on the scale in a few weeks, so as soon as I can handle THAT bad newsflash, I'll join in. It feels so good to be back!!

Kimberley

She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader. She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.
PlutoBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 01:23 PM   #66
BernardandMissBianca
I just love a dancing banana!
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711 View Post
Buffy, that first run after a race is always a toughie. What is next for you all?

I joined a 5k training group at my local running store to reboot my running and make sure I didn't park my butt on the couch for a couple of months. Those people are killing me! They run longer intervals than I am used to and we ran in 8 degree temps with -13 wind chill on Saturday. Tomorrow we get to run in 100% chance of rain. It's an adventure!
Next up for us it the little kids school's 5K at the end of March. I need to find a race for April. In May we have another 5K that raises money for a teammate of DS17's that died during our XC season. We raise funds for AED machines.
Old 03-04-2014, 01:30 PM   #67
PlutoBaby
Treat stress like a dog;pee on it and walk away.

Talking A little late to the game but here goes...

[QUOTE=Eliza32;50822772]
Real Name (if you want to share....) Kimberley

Family: One lovable DH of 2+ years and one incredibly cute and fuzzy black Lab Calypso aka the Wonder Mutt aka LBD-Little Black Dog

Job/How you spend your days: Scheduling ER docs. Ugh!

Hobbies/Interests: blogging (see below), pretty much any kind of sports, scrapbooking (not that I EVER seem to have time), photography

Your motivation for joining this thread: Darn these last 10 pounds!!!

Type of food/exercise plan you follow: Weight Watchers (yayyyy!!!! ), running (when not injured), weightlifting and circuit training

Anything else you want to tell us:I know every word to every song that's played during Illuminations. Yes, I'm THAT much of a Disney Dork! Oh, almost forgot! I've been asked to do a podcast on the Lifestyle Accountability website! I'd never even listed to a podcast before last week! Lol.... Wish me luck! I don;t mind being a Disney Dork but I sure don't want to sound like a dork! /QUOTE]

She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader. She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.
PlutoBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 01:37 PM   #68
Eliza32
DIS Veteran

Evening everyone (well it is here!)

WOW, missed logging on last night (was doing something important, but more of that later) and have come back today to find an overflowing stack of PMs and 2 pages of posts to read.

Good to have so many people joining in.

There are a couple of you who have said in the thread that you would like to join, but have not yet PM'd me information, so please don't forget.

Thanks to those of you who have volunteered to coach...there are still a few gaps though guys (hint, hint)

So what was I up to last night?? Well, I went to the gym as usual to run my 5K on the dreadmill, then managed a quick 5K on a bike too, then off to weigh-in. So I arrive, dressed in my slightly soggy gym-wear (I always do - they're used to me now!) only to be told that I have won the Greatest Loser Award (77lb and counting), and that they want to take pictures of me......erm NO, that ain't happenng!!

So, I have a certificate, a nice bunch of flowers and a sash, but no photos. I'll get dressed up and get DH to take one of me! So, since starting this journey with you guys, I have lost 77lb, been named Woman of the Year, and now the Greatest Loser....I must be doing something right.

I've been invited to take part in a run tonight with a local ladies running club, to see you later. Keep up the good work all of you.
Eliza32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 03:51 PM   #69
lloydy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
Morning alland Happy Tuesday! I intended to try to get caught up here while my students are at Library time, but I think I have finally found the oldest and slowest computer here at the school! I don't dare try to do replies because it has taken me 20+ minutes of my 45 minute planning period just to get logged on and onto the WISH page. I will give it another try when I have my lunch break. Suffice it to say that I miss chatting with you all and hope you are all doing well.

I have a full day today of working at the school, then a dash home to drop DS and then back into town for tonight's WW meeting and then I leave straight from there to drive to DD's school. Tomorrow she has an interview in Boston and we need to leave plenty of time to get there due to the infamous Boston traffic and the weather that is reported to be icky ( more snow!). Then I'll bring her back to school and get home, hopefully for dinner with my men Wednesday night... and then I am working at school Thurs. and Fri. And then Friday night I drive
back to RI to pick up DD for spring break!. So I know you will all be forgiving if I am MIA for most of this week!

As far as my ongoing journey.... eating has been at times PERFECTLY OP and at times an overwhelming disaster.... sometimes in the same day! Feeling a bit frustrated and baffled that the scale is just refusing to move down to where it should and I know that is causing me to have these bouts of "I don't care what I eat" mentality. But yesterday was a perfectly back OP day (albeit without any real exercise) and today will be another, so I am feeling more in control and positive.

Off to get ready to pick up the kiddos in a bit! Hopefully I'll be able to chat at lunch time!.....P
Hi!
Jules here. Fellow teacher in UK! I am new to the March boards. The weird thing is, I found a little smilie icon for teacher before, but now it's gone - bit like my brain!
I hope upon hope I can lose a pound this week as I have Ben struggling with what I thought was a virus but just turned into a throat infection ( bit hard when you have to talk to children all day).
Good to hear from you
lloydy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 05:35 PM   #70
sammykster
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza32 View Post
Evening everyone (well it is here!) WOW, missed logging on last night (was doing something important, but more of that later) and have come back today to find an overflowing stack of PMs and 2 pages of posts to read. Good to have so many people joining in. There are a couple of you who have said in the thread that you would like to join, but have not yet PM'd me information, so please don't forget. Thanks to those of you who have volunteered to coach...there are still a few gaps though guys (hint, hint) So what was I up to last night?? Well, I went to the gym as usual to run my 5K on the dreadmill, then managed a quick 5K on a bike too, then off to weigh-in. So I arrive, dressed in my slightly soggy gym-wear (I always do - they're used to me now!) only to be told that I have won the Greatest Loser Award (77lb and counting), and that they want to take pictures of me......erm NO, that ain't happenng!! So, I have a certificate, a nice bunch of flowers and a sash, but no photos. I'll get dressed up and get DH to take one of me! So, since starting this journey with you guys, I have lost 77lb, been named Woman of the Year, and now the Greatest Loser....I must be doing something right. I've been invited to take part in a run tonight with a local ladies running club, to see you later. Keep up the good work all of you.
Way to go!! That is an awesome accomplishment and I'm glad the support helps . Definitely get some pictures.

9/20/14-9/27/14 Anniversary Trip @ Pop Century
Disney Fantasy Cruise 5/3/2014-5/10/2014
WDW @ Art of Animation 5/2/2014
WDW @ Art of Animation 4/17/13-4/24/13
Disney Magic Cruise 10/27/12-11/3/12
WDW @ Fort Wilderness Cabins 5/13/12-5/21/12
WDW @ Walt Disney Dolphin August 2000
WDW @ Caribbean Beach Resort 1993
sammykster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 07:08 PM   #71
Rose&Mike
DIS Veteran

Helen--congratulations! That is so awesome!

Lisa--good for you for starting on a challenging new adventure.
Old 03-04-2014, 07:10 PM   #72
Ronda93
DIS Veteran

Eliza - that rocks! Congratulations on the honors.
Old 03-04-2014, 08:14 PM   #73
ohMom
Kids Get Arthritis Too!
Amen and Hallelujah Sister!!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castillo Mom View Post
Would love to see pictures of all of you and your families if you are willing to share!
what a great idea!!

from left: DD 20, DD 17, me, DH

Quote:
Real Name (if you want to share....) Molli

Family: Married to DH for 18.5 years, DD 20 at college and DD 17 a jr in HS, mixed mutt Piper Sue who is almost 2.5 yrs.

Job/How you spend your days: SAHM and full time professional patient I am a registered x-ray tech and catch about one shift per month at our local PCP office

Hobbies/Interests: scrapbooking, trying to learn Lightroom 4, cooking, tending to my flowers in spring

Your motivation for joining this thread: I am recovering for a long illness that packed on 55 lbs, I have lost some since the cruise this summer in above photo which I was down about 15 lbs then, and I'm down about 30 lbs so far.

Type of food/exercise plan you follow: Fitbit and MFP (monarchmomx2)

Anything else you want to tell us: the full time patient remark was based on that I'm recovering from Cushing's disease and several surgeries, and managing Addison's now. I'm a bit sporadic on here but I really do count on the accountability. My mini-goal is to hit 150 by May 10 when I go to Vegas for a girls trip!

I am late joining and I'm slacking on my food journaling already this month. I attended a crop this weekend and I just haven't got back in the swing of things!! I will WI tomorrow morning and assess the damage and set my goal

to all our newcomers!!!

Co-Moderator WISH forum -- Take the WISH challenge here.........
ohMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 09:39 PM   #74
TheRose227
Mouseketeer

Eliza- Congrats! That's amazing! It's wonderful to see how these boards can help!

Amanda- I looked back on the february thread! You look stunning! Congrats on your upcoming wedding!

Things here have been cold and busy. I'm still making it to the gym after work, but I feel like I'm not getting a good workout when it's so packed! I'm hoping to be able to go back to the classes soon when they fit back into my schedule. But till they do I'm working on my own, working on running 5 minutes straight and lifting.

I know I'm doing better thought because I ran over a gas line cap in the middle of the road that popped my tire and I changed it myself! After I did it my dad called and told me we have Triple A. Then I learned the important lesson of how much tires and getting a car fixed costs!

I also have a black tie wedding in May and started dress...browsing. I don't want to commit to a dress until I get down some more but I have found some that I really like so maybe if I wait they'll be on sale!
Old 03-05-2014, 06:46 AM   #75
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

Good morning all!

I am Lisa and I will be your coach for the next few days.

This journey to healthy living is full of ups and downs. Why you might even be tempted to compare it to the "the wildest ride in the wilderness." But like any good thrill ride, hopefully the highs exceed the lows so today we celebrate those "woo hoo" moments we've had as we start a new challenge.

QOTD March 5, 2014: It's Woo Hoo Wednesday -- give yourself a big "woo hoo" for helping yourself to be healthy and share something that you did today week to help you with your goals.

Be back later with replies and to answer the QOTD myself!
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: