Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2014, 05:07 PM   #31
Flossbolna
Sea days are just so relaxing!
Once you are as old as I am, you will understand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saraisunknown View Post
So because I'm new to the boards it won't allow me to PM to Eliza32 until I have made 10 post. so Eliza32 is it ok if I just post my start weight and goal here until I write 10 post? I just don't want to write random post on random boards for no reason.

Also is that ok with everyone else? I don't want to be the noob who makes everyone feel uncomfortable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBinPictures View Post
I am definitely in for March!!

I am also a newbie without enough posts, but I imagine I'll have 10 at some point this week, so I will PM as soon as I do. I look forward to chatting and losing with everyone!
Welcome WannaBinPictures!

For you and Sara: There is a "test" board which is for the pure purpose of people testing out things: http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=88 I would suggest to just go there and post a few times, you won't disturb anyone, and then you are up to 10 posts! Alternatively just go to a topic that you find interesting and add something to the discussion! Don't be shy, people here love others who chat with them!
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Flossbolna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 08:57 PM   #32
50sjayne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castillo Mom View Post
Hello everyone and happy Friday! So excited to be joining. I did pretty well in February so I'm hoping to keep the momentum going in March.

Family: I'm a widow of two years. I have three wonderful sons ages 20, 22 and 24 and they all still live at home which I love! I'll post a picture of us below taken at Disneyland last Sunday on Dapper Day. Would love to see pictures of all of you and your families if you are willing to share!
Job/how I spend my days; I work full time as a manager at an HMO so that keeps me extremely busy. Family is my top priority so that takes up the rest of my time. Our fave thing to do together is visit Disneyland - we are only 15 minutes away!
obbies/inHterests: Travel. Oh and photography is an interest but haven't had time to take any classes yet.
Motivation for joining: Oops, forgot to mention that the first time. My motivation is that I want to get healthy. There's a history of diabetes in my family although I don't have it yet. I also have ankle arthritis and although weight loss won't cure it, losing some pounds can sure help. This is a great forum to help keep me going because I know I'm not in this alone and I can relate to all of you who are on this journey.
Well if my Mom lived 15 minutes from Disneyland I'd live with her too! When I first started here I needed to lose weight because of an old back injury that flared back up to where I had to do physical therapy. Even with 1/2 my weight gained back, I still have no back pain at all any more. It's good to remember why I did start and be so thankful that the pain I had every single day is no longer with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRose227 View Post

Your motivation for joining this thread: Senior year of college was a lot of fun, and being unemployed for 4 months after was fun too.
A trip to Disney is great motivation for most-- stupid camera adding 5 #'s...:mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalMom View Post
Real Name (if you want to share....)Jaki
Your motivation for joining this thread: I want to hit WDW like a ninja in Oct.
rotfl: Seriously, being really fit made my Disneyland experience so much funner, I was official fast pass runner, would go to the locker for everyone, walked over to the mall and had happy hour while everyone was sleeping...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza32 View Post
I love that picture of you Magdalene, you look so happy, relaxed and self-confident.
--And hot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
Hm, I guess she counts DH as one of the boys???
I thought the same thing lol.

Wow hi to all the newbies, it's kind of unusual to see so many new faces well past the new year so thanks for keeping us hoppin'
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-01-2014, 11:17 PM   #33
runningjusme
DW addict in training

Real Name (if you want to share....) Christine

Family: Married to DH 16 years, 2 kids - S (DD10) & J (DS5)

Job/How you spend your days: I'm a digital scrapbook designer and training for half marathon(s)

Hobbies/Interests: Running, designing, once a month recipe finding

Your motivation for joining this thread: I need the accountability

Type of food/exercise plan you follow: low-ish carb, running

Anything else you want to tell us: I'm a food addict :/ taking it one second at a time sometimes

completed runs -

2008 Minnie Marathon 15K
2009 White Rock Half Marathon
2014 Princess Half
2014 RnR Dallas Half

planned runs
2014 - April - Big D Half, Lone Star Half
May - Plano 10 Miler, June - Wounded Warriors Half
August (UGH) Hottest Half, October - RnR STL Half
2015 January - DOPEY!!??
March - RnR Dallas Half
runningjusme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 12:47 AM   #34
Castillo Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
Those are fantastic pictures! You all look amazing! I would love to be at DL for Dapper Day, it must be such a special atmosphere!

And here is a picture of myself - from last years cruise:
Thank you so much! Yes, the atmosphere was very fun. We attended for the very first time last weekend and plan on it again in September.

And I love the dress you're wearing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50sjayne View Post
Well if my Mom lived 15 minutes from Disneyland I'd live with her too! When I first started here I needed to lose weight because of an old back injury that flared back up to where I had to do physical therapy. Even with 1/2 my weight gained back, I still have no back pain at all any more. It's good to remember why I did start and be so thankful that the pain I had every single day is no longer with me.

Glad your back problem got better with weight loss. Makes me hopeful that my situation will improve as well.
8/8/09-8/21/09 SSR/AKV Kidani Village
9/24/11-10/5/11 AKV Kidani Village
6/14/12-6/20/12 Disney Dream Double Dip

7/19/12-7/22/12 Hilton Head

7/24/12-7/31/12
Beach Club Resort
Castillo Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 10:20 AM   #35
lloydy
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=Eliza32;50822772]As a little starter...we usually go through the process of introducing ourselves.....

I think I have mainly gone through the list Eliza, but in true Eric Morcambe fashion: ' not necessarily in the right order'...

I am new to the boards too. I take a lot of strength from everyone's comments on here. Sorry if I haven't worked out the editing or abbreviations...
My name is Jules
I am 46 and a teacher.
I have a very busy and mixed day, which doesn't involve teaching outside of one classroom, so more like a desk bound job, and as other have said (sign of the times) busy with lots if paperwork that I struggle to keep up with.
I am married to hubby and have 4 children.
We enjoy Disney holidays. We did our first cruise last year and I am so embarrassed by how I looked in the photos that I won't have them in the album - I can't face them.
I follow mainly slimming world. I lost around three and a half stone/49 pounds, but then work got busy... I changed jobs and it was enjoyable but very busy and the weight crept back on in the last year, I am still one stone/14 pounds in credit, but don't want it to creep on any more.
As others have said, I felt much healthier when the weight was off.
I welcome the support from everyone on here. I think it helps to focus me in and I work well in teams. I play netball and rounders (rounders for the first time since school) - and it is funny how the brain fools you into thinking you can do all those things that you once did with ease as a teenager - like catching a small hard ball!
Jules x

Last edited by lloydy; 03-02-2014 at 11:54 AM.
lloydy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 10:59 AM   #36
Eliza32
DIS Veteran

Hi Jules...thanks for the intro.

Just a tip.......Americans generally don't understand the whole 'stones' thing!!! (Magadalene does, but she's from Germany).....probably best to convert to pounds if you can, it helps the others understand where you're at. Took me ages to get my head around it (and I still have to get the calculator out to do it every week!!).....then for the equipment in the gym, I have to convert to kg Think I need to find a conversion app for my phone
Eliza32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 11:04 AM   #37
Flossbolna

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50sjayne View Post
rotfl: Seriously, being really fit made my Disneyland experience so much funner, I was official fast pass runner, would go to the locker for everyone, walked over to the mall and had happy hour while everyone was sleeping...
Isn't amazing how without the additional weight and thanks to regular exercise life in general is so much easier!

And thanks for the compliment!! I really like that picture, too! I have to admit that part of the appeal of cruising is that it gives me an opportunity to dress up that I usually don't have! Of course it would be easier if I would not have to drag the luggage on an international flight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by runningjusme View Post
Real Name (if you want to share....) Christine

Family: Married to DH 16 years, 2 kids - S (DD10) & J (DS5)

Job/How you spend your days: I'm a digital scrapbook designer and training for half marathon(s)

Hobbies/Interests: Running, designing, once a month recipe finding

Your motivation for joining this thread: I need the accountability

Type of food/exercise plan you follow: low-ish carb, running

Anything else you want to tell us: I'm a food addict :/ taking it one second at a time sometimes
Hi Christine! Welcome to the challenge! Do you design scrapbooks professionally? What a fascinating job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castillo Mom View Post
Thank you so much! Yes, the atmosphere was very fun. We attended for the very first time last weekend and plan on it again in September.

And I love the dress you're wearing!
Thanks! I love the dress, too! I actually bought it just because it was on sale and I fell in love with it without having any idea of when I would be able to wear it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydy View Post
I am new to the boards too. I take a lot of strength from everyone's comments on here. Sorry if I haven't worked out the editing or abbreviations...
My name is Jules
I am 46 and a teacher.
I have a very busy and mixed day, which doesn't involve teaching outside of one classroom, so more like a desk bound job, and as other have said (sign of the times) busy with lots if paperwork that I struggle to keep up with.
I am married to hubby and have 4 children.
We enjoy Disney holidays. We did our first cruise last year and I am so embarrassed by how I looked in the photos that I won't have them in the album - I can't face them.
I follow mainly slimming world. I lost around three and a half stone, but then work got busy... I changed jobs and it was enjoyable but very busy and the weight crept back on in the last year, I am still one stone in credit, but don't want it to creep on any more.
As others have said, I felt much healthier when the weight was off.
I welcome the support from everyone on here. I think it helps to focus me in and I work well in teams. I play netball and rounders (rounders for the first time since school) - and it is funny how the brain fools you into thinking you can do all those things that you once did with ease as a teenager - like catching a small hard ball!
Jules x
Welcome Jules! If you have any questions about how to use the board, just ask ahead! We are all happy to help!

What is rounders? I never heard of that sport - but then English is not my native tongue.
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007

Old 03-02-2014, 11:10 AM   #38
Eliza32
DIS Veteran

It's kinda like Baseball.....played a lot in schools in the UK, but is becoming quite popular as a fitness option for women...some of the girls I work with play in a team after work one evening a week, they play against other workplaces.......I thought about it, but I'm lousy at hitting a ball!!!
Old 03-02-2014, 11:16 AM   #39
Flossbolna

Quote:
It's kinda like Baseball.....played a lot in schools in the UK, but is becoming quite popular as a fitness option for women...some of the girls I work with play in a team after work one evening a week, they play against other workplaces.......I thought about it, but I'm lousy at hitting a ball!!!
Ah, I see! Would not be anything for me though. I have never been able to throw or catch a ball and it wasn't until I was well in my 20s that my eye doctor told me that that is not surprising considering my very strong astigmatism which supposedly makes true three-dimensional-vision difficult. So I never saw where the ball really was...

Old 03-02-2014, 11:49 AM   #40
lloydy
Mouseketeer

I don't seem to have the hand-eye coordination I once had (I am having trouble hitting the ball) also, and I don't mean this in the wrong kind of way... I have trouble getting to first base as I am not fast enough and keep getting stumped out by the other team!
I would have liked to include your quote but... It hasn't come in.

Isn't it great that we can' talk' when we are so far apart!
Old 03-02-2014, 12:38 PM   #41
Eliza32
DIS Veteran

Where are you lloydy (if you don't mind sharing) I'm guessng UK due to the Slimming World reference and the stones and pounds thing!!!

It freaks me out when I have conversations with people on the West Coast of America.....although it usually involves one of us being awake at a strange hour!
Old 03-02-2014, 01:48 PM   #42
BernardandMissBianca
I just love a dancing banana!
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Buffy......4 kids, 3 boys, 2 girl???? I'm bad at math, but??????
LOL good catch!! I was typing fast and I had all those kids hounding me for you name it!
They drive me nuts sometimes.
Old 03-02-2014, 02:37 PM   #43
lloydy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Where are you lloydy (if you don't mind sharing) I'm guessng UK due to the Slimming World reference and the stones and pounds thing!!!

It freaks me out when I have conversations with people on the West Coast of America.....although it usually involves one of us being awake at a strange hour!
Hi Eliza - I am in Shropshire UK
Jules
Old 03-02-2014, 03:51 PM   #44
Eliza32
DIS Veteran

I'm in sunny (NOT) Hull!!!..I put Yorkshire in my profile because it sounds better!
Old 03-02-2014, 05:33 PM   #45
Rose&Mike
DIS Veteran

Great pictures ladies! Thanks for sharing.

Welcome to all the new folks. We are getting to be quite a diverse group with folks from all over.

I still haven't gotten on the scale for March. Going to do it in the morning. We drove home today (500 miles). The plan was get up and have brunch with DS and head out around noon, but we hit the road early (got up at 4am) in order to avoid this silly storm. We did drive through some nasty rain with ice on the trees, but luckily no problems. I ate nothing but junk today. Peanut mms and coffee in the car. Going to make something with lentils for dinner if I ever get off the couch. Every time we come home from visiting DS I think I am a little sadder. We just don't want to be here anymore, but so far no luck with moving. It's not just missing Ds, but more just wanting to be somewhere else and done with this part of our lives. Does that make sense? Anyhow, all this 'stuff' is not helping with my healthy eating or dieting. Need to get my act together!

Anyhow, need to figure out what's for dinner and do some laundry. Have a great night! And a super Monday!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: