Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2014, 10:39 AM   #16
willonlyflytodisney
Mouseketeer

Happy almost March, everyone! What a great idea to introduce ourselves!

Real Name (if you want to share....) Stacey, but I'm constantly on the lookout for nicknames, or different names entirely =P

Family: Just me, I guess! I'm 23, and no DBF, no kids and no pets. Hoping to get at least one of those sometime soon!

Job/How you spend your days: Marketing and Event Coordinator, hoping to move into events and hospitality soon!

Hobbies/Interests: Singing, drawing, painting, video editing, walking anywhere and everywhere, visiting WDW of course, traveling, and working out.

Your motivation for joining this thread: Tired of being the overweight girl in every picture surrounded by the skinny girls. Working at WDW made me put on a TON of weight, so I figured using WDW would work as an inspiration to help me take it off!

Type of food/exercise plan you follow: Weight Watchers all the way! And Power90 for exercise! Moving up to Level 3-4 on Sunday and I'm very excited!!

Anything else you want to tell us: It's been a really hard year of trying to find myself - most of my friends moved out of NYC right as I moved back, and I've struggled for awhile to figure out what I want to be doing with my life, and if NYC is really the place I want to be doing it. Coming home each night to a super chilly apt with very little heat is hard. But, opening this thread keeps me warm. Thanks everyone for being an awesome support system.

1993 - Contemporary Hotel 2008 - Pop Century 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 - Pop Century 2012 - All Star Movies
Fall 2012 - Vacation Planning CM
willonlyflytodisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 12:54 PM   #17
50sjayne
DIS Veteran

QUOTD FEB. 28th Friday:

What's your motivation for losing weight right now?

For me vanity is the biggest issue, I'll be honest. I'm almost 46 but I'm still fighting to hang on to some semblance of attractiveness. It seems like I've always had to fight for it--now it's just harder and takes more time. I don't know when if ever, I'll feel like giving up. I see all kinds of women around me who just don't seem to give a darn and they seem pretty happy and successful. Until I was a teen I never cared how I looked, I was happy climbing trees, scouting deer trails, reading Nancy Drew, collecting rocks. Wonder if at some point I'll be happy to settle back into that.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-28-2014, 01:05 PM   #18
Eliza32
DIS Veteran

Sounds good, although I think the Nancy Drew is questionable at your age!!!!!
Eliza32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 01:30 PM   #19
50sjayne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza32 View Post
As a little starter...we usually go through the process of introducing ourselves.....

Thought I'd do a little list that we could all stick to???

Real Name (if you want to share....) Susan

[B][COLOR="darkorchid"]Family: Married almost 25 years Daughter 25 bun in oven, son 23
[COLOR="darkorchid"][B]Job/How you spend your days:meat dept at a chain grocery store, working out, tv., maintaining hoard of cats

[COLOR="darkorchid"][B]Hobbies/Interests: movies, reading, cats, building muscle/fitness.

[B][COLOR="darkorchid"]Your motivation for joining this thread: Lost 50 pounds a few years back and have slowly gained much of it back, if I'm not on this thread then I keep gaining.
[COLOR="darkorchid"][B]Type of food/exercise plan you follow: Juat trying to eat and drink less, I exercise 5 days a week, will try to up aerobic maybe

Anything else you want to tell us: I've been taking part in these challenges for 15 months and they have been a fantastic support and inspiration for me, Thanks Guys!!!
--And we're happy to have ya!

Quote:
Sounds good, although I think the Nancy Drew is questionable at your age!!!!!
Lol, probably. Have to settle for Kellerman as far as mysteries go I guess. Hmm-- I have the latest Dan Brown I need to crack into but I have to finish the walking dead compendium I got for my son for xmas first or he'll be disappointed in me.
Old 02-28-2014, 03:14 PM   #20
Castillo Mom
DIS Veteran

Hello everyone and happy Friday! So excited to be joining. I did pretty well in February so I'm hoping to keep the momentum going in March.

Family: I'm a widow of two years. I have three wonderful sons ages 20, 22 and 24 and they all still live at home which I love! I'll post a picture of us below taken at Disneyland last Sunday on Dapper Day. Would love to see pictures of all of you and your families if you are willing to share!
Job/how I spend my days; I work full time as a manager at an HMO so that keeps me extremely busy. Family is my top priority so that takes up the rest of my time. Our fave thing to do together is visit Disneyland - we are only 15 minutes away!
Hobbies/interests: Travel. Oh and photography is an interest but haven't had time to take any classes yet.
Motivation for joining: Oops, forgot to mention that the first time. My motivation is that I want to get healthy. There's a history of diabetes in my family although I don't have it yet. I also have ankle arthritis and although weight loss won't cure it, losing some pounds can sure help. This is a great forum to help keep me going because I know I'm not in this alone and I can relate to all of you who are on this journey.
Type of food/exercise plan: I'm doing carb control but struggling with exercise although I do have a gym membership.
Anything else: Hmm, can't think of anything other than that I love this board and really enjoy reading about all of your experiences. So many inspiring stories to help keep me motivated and encouraged when in feeling down so thanks for that!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
8/8/09-8/21/09 SSR/AKV Kidani Village
9/24/11-10/5/11 AKV Kidani Village
6/14/12-6/20/12 Disney Dream Double Dip

7/19/12-7/22/12 Hilton Head

7/24/12-7/31/12
Beach Club Resort

Last edited by Castillo Mom; 02-28-2014 at 05:08 PM.
Castillo Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 04:25 PM   #21
TheRose227
Mouseketeer

I've been lurking a bit! Time to join in!

Family: now that I've moved out on my own, just me and DBF (who is taking on his own weight loss journey)

Job/How you spend your days: I work as a production assistant

Hobbies/Interests: cooking, reading, photography (just got a new camera!)

Your motivation for joining this thread: Senior year of college was a lot of fun, and being unemployed for 4 months after was fun too. But it gave me a lot of going out time and I didn't pay attention to a single thing going into my mouth. I'd always been a little overweight, but I gained. So I decided it was time to get rid of all the weight I just didn't over college and everything I put on.

Type of food/exercise plan you follow: Follow clean eating and intensive meal planning. 30 mins cardio/30 mins of weight lifting or Body Pump 5x a week.

Anything else you want to tell us: I struggle losing weight like crazy, but this is the first time that it's finally sticking. I'm going to Disney in 3 months and I want to be down more by then.
Old 03-01-2014, 06:05 AM   #22
RoyalMom
Mouseketeer

Real Name (if you want to share....)Jaki

Family: Married, will be 10 years in Sept. 3 kids, DD8, DD6 and DS(almost)3

Job/How you spend your days: I am a SAHM. I used to teach dance and temp by day, sing in shows and with bands by night. Might do it again once everyone is in school all day!

Hobbies/Interests: I love to plan Disney vacations, sing, and play WoW.

Your motivation for joining this thread: I want to hit WDW like a ninja in Oct.

Type of food/exercise plan you follow: I am using MFP and FitBit to keep my nutrition and activity in check. Otherwise, kind of winging it. I like to plan meals, but I have to stay flexible.

Anything else you want to tell us: Missed you in Feb because I was in DISNEY for the first 2 weeks, still recovering from the beautiful warm weather... PLEASE ask Elsa to back off!

:D

DH Me DD8 DD6 DS3
RoyalMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 06:15 AM   #23
saraisunknown
Earning My Ears

So because I'm new to the boards it won't allow me to PM to Eliza32 until I have made 10 post. so Eliza32 is it ok if I just post my start weight and goal here until I write 10 post? I just don't want to write random post on random boards for no reason.

Also is that ok with everyone else? I don't want to be the noob who makes everyone feel uncomfortable.

Me DB

Oct'03 DW off site, Feb'12 DW All Star Movie & Princess Half, Jan'13 DL Paradise Pier & 5K with Tinkerbell Half, Feb'13 DW All Star Movie & 5K with Princess Half, Jan'14 DW All Star Movie & Dopey Challenge
saraisunknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 11:35 AM   #24
Eliza32
DIS Veteran

Sara, you can either post on here if you don't mind everyone else knowing, or you can email me at HelensWeeklyShop@gmail.com
Old 03-01-2014, 01:18 PM   #25
Flossbolna
Sea days are just so relaxing!
Once you are as old as I am, you will understand!

I really like the idea of the introduction questionnaire! So, here are my answers:

Real Name (if you want to share....) Magdalene

Family:
no kids - and in a long-distance relationship across the Atlantic. Not the easiest thing to do, but we seem to be doing surprisingly well with this.

Job/How you spend your days:
I am a lawyer, so I do spend most of my days on a desk in an office with the nose burried in files. And have far too much work...

Hobbies/Interests: Disney theme parks but also all other kind of travel, hiking, reading, movies, cooking

Your motivation for joining this thread: Hoping that a group will help me keep focussed. And I have to say that it really works. It is so great to get a new reminder every new month to look out for yourself. Looking back at 2013 I am amazed at how much I accomplished despite it being a very stressful year - and I am a stress eater.

This month (and the next) my motivation will be to lose for my upcoming cruise! We will go on the DCL Panama Canal cruise from Miami to San Diego in early May and I NEED to lose in order to fit into all the lovely summer outfits I bought last summer!!!

Type of food/exercise plan you follow: WW online. I am still debating to start going to meetings, hoping that that would give me additional motivation.

Anything else you want to tell us: I am so grateful for this little group here - you are such wonderful support!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saraisunknown View Post
I am very excited to join this board. This will be my first month doing this. I can't wait to get to know everyone here.
Welcome Sara!

Quote:
Originally Posted by willonlyflytodisney View Post
Anything else you want to tell us: It's been a really hard year of trying to find myself - most of my friends moved out of NYC right as I moved back, and I've struggled for awhile to figure out what I want to be doing with my life, and if NYC is really the place I want to be doing it. Coming home each night to a super chilly apt with very little heat is hard. But, opening this thread keeps me warm. Thanks everyone for being an awesome support system.
Just wanted to send you a big hug! I can understand your situation so well! For my first job I moved to a different city and it was so difficult to find new friends there as I had a very demanding job that I was not sure whether it really was what I wanted to do. That was the time when I put on 40 pounds in 2 years. You are doing so well - and I admire your positive outlook on things and how you do all those things to challenge yourself like going out to meet new people!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castillo Mom View Post
I have three wonderful sons ages 20, 22 and 24 and they all still live at home which I love! I'll post a picture of us below taken at Disneyland last Sunday on Dapper Day. Would love to see pictures of all of you and your families if you are willing to share!
Those are fantastic pictures! You all look amazing! I would love to be at DL for Dapper Day, it must be such a special atmosphere!

And here is a picture of myself - from last years cruise:

I am thinking about getting a print of this and put it on my fridge door to remind me why I should not SNACK senselessly!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRose227 View Post
I've been lurking a bit! Time to join in!
Welcome Erin!!
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Flossbolna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 01:37 PM   #26
BernardandMissBianca
I just love a dancing banana!
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

I'm in!!! Now that I'm down to running 5Ks again the weight should be easier to take off.

Real Name (if you want to share....) Buffy

Family: Married to DH for going on 21 years. 4 kids, 3 boys, 1 girl.

Job/How you spend your days: Never at home mom, taxi driver, therapist, cheer squad for the track team, CFO, CTO and CEO of Blinks Inc.

Hobbies/Interests: running, Disney, scrapbooking.

Your motivation for joining this thread: Continuation of the journey I started a few years ago. I love the people, and the support. Major goal is to run faster so I can enjoy RunDisney events more without watching the clock.

Type of food/exercise plan you follow: I am restarting Ideal Protein on Monday. Couldn't maintain the plan while training.

Anything else you want to tell us: I love the WISH boards and the people!!!

Last edited by BernardandMissBianca; 03-02-2014 at 12:46 PM.
BernardandMissBianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 01:39 PM   #27
Eliza32
DIS Veteran

I love that picture of you Magdalene, you look so happy, relaxed and self-confident.
Old 03-01-2014, 01:41 PM   #28
Eliza32
DIS Veteran

Buffy......4 kids, 3 boys, 2 girl???? I'm bad at math, but??????
Old 03-01-2014, 02:10 PM   #29
Flossbolna
Sea days are just so relaxing!
Once you are as old as I am, you will understand!

Quote:
Buffy......4 kids, 3 boys, 2 girl???? I'm bad at math, but??????
Hm, I guess she counts DH as one of the boys???

Helen, thanks for the compliment on my picture! I love it, too. That's why I think it would be a great visual to remind me off why I want to lose weight!
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Flossbolna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 03:39 PM   #30
WannaBinPictures
Earning My Ears

I am definitely in for March!!

I am also a newbie without enough posts, but I imagine I'll have 10 at some point this week, so I will PM as soon as I do. I look forward to chatting and losing with everyone!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: