Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2014, 10:37 AM   #871
digiMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISNEY180 View Post
I have learned that I have more going on in my body that really does impact my excersing which impacts my eating which impacts my mood. I have learn that you have to listen to your body and NOT push though the pain as it will be worse later. having said that, due to having to really not do much, no running (wasn't doing that anyway), no incline walking ( doing that alot), take my celbrex every day instead of just once in a while when the foot pain was really bad, no leg workouts (hard to do anything)and STOP eating badly (biggest hurdle). I went to the docs a couple of weeks ago and blood work GREAT but my left hip has been bothering me for almost a year now to the point I have dull pain 24/7 and walking, sleeping, sitting doesn't change it. He believes I have Bursitis which is the inflammation or irritation of the bursa. The bursa is a sac filled with lubricating fluid, located between tissues such as bone, muscle, tendons, and skin, that decreases rubbing, friction, and irritation. So I am going to see a Rheumatoid Arthritis doctor in a couple of weeks ( got in fast)and proably get a Corticosteroid shot (painful) which I have had before in both my feet and didn't help at all. I feel this all stems from my Planter Faasciitis in my feet which I am consider chronic and had for over 20 yrs, but I have to get a doctor to say yes to that. So until I see the doctor I am to do very little and not even cross my legs..ugh,,not that i can do that due my size.. and ice which i have to do at lest once a day. I did an incline walk on Tues and shouldn't of done it as my hip was feeling good til I did that and so I know I have do the wait and see.. One of my biggest problems is I like to eat and cant do the rabbit thing so my sister suggested slim fast drinks so i got some yesterday and maybe these will keep me leveled and not much gain..we will see I keep looking at my phone as I have a countdown app for disney..at 41 days now and it can't get here fast enough.. yes I know alot of walking but not too many inclines and i have budgeted for a electric scooter if it gets too much. sorry didn't mean to dump but haven't really told anyone other then my hubby and sister. Thanks for the read. Cheers Barb
I'm glad your blood work was good. But I'm really sorry you're in so much pain. My mom is in a lot of pain when she walks too. She was a nurse for over 30 years so she really worked. She wore all the fat pads off her feet, so she's basically skin over bone, along with hammer toes. She had knee surgery for her meniscus. It wasn't just torn, it was shredded. She's also been treated for cancer (almost ten years cancer free now). But she still fatigues really easily. We went in 2010 and I pushed her around in a wheelchair. I was in better shape and was just happy to be there, but it was grueling. It was record heat in October; I think it was 95 one day. In 2012 she rented a scooter. She was so happy with it! She really enjoyed that trip a lot and said that's what she'll do when she goes again.

Hang in there! It's almost time to go!

Me DH DD (17) DS (13)

Jan 2012 POP | Oct 2010 POP | Jan 2006 ASSp | Sept 1992 Off Site (Honeymoon) | Poly and CR in the 70s as a kid
"We keep moving forward, opening new doors... because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." ~ Walter Elias Disney
digiMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 10:59 AM   #872
digiMom
DIS Veteran

I really need to figure out how to multi-quote

Somehow I managed to tread water this week. It was very stressful, as I'm interviewing for a job. I love mine now, but I'm part time and my department can't budget me full time (even though my supervisor has asked for it for 4 years.) So I'm interviewing for a similar position at another college. I had a phone interview last Thursday in the morning and got a call back that afternoon for an assessment and interview, which I had Monday morning. Almost right away got an email to fill out information for a background check. I filled that out Tuesday morning. Then I've been agonizing over whether I should tell my supervisor or not. Part of me wants to give them a heads up so they have a chance to work out the full time thing. But part of me figures they already know that's what I want. Then part if me worries if I tell them but don't get it, they'll try to get rid of me figuring I'm trying to leave anyway. (I know someone that happened to. ) I had a friend tell me just to wait so that's what I've been doing. Then Thursday night after dinner I get a call from their HR and think "oh I'm going to get an offer" Instead she's telling me there's a problem.. None of my references are responding. I start almost panicking before I realize hey, it's been like 2 days. And then when I contact them I find out 2 out of 3 have already responded. The 3rd had missed it in junk mail, but then filled it right away. So Friday I contacted HR back by email letting them know and providing a 4th reference just in case. Didn't hear back. Called late afternoon to verify everything's ok. Had to leave a VM message with no callback. So now I've been worried about it all weekend. Not conducive to exercise and healthy eating. :/

Sorry for the rant. But wanted to share why I'm not focused this week. I'll get back to it today. (Although I'm really still stressed out right now).

Me DH DD (17) DS (13)

Jan 2012 POP | Oct 2010 POP | Jan 2006 ASSp | Sept 1992 Off Site (Honeymoon) | Poly and CR in the 70s as a kid
"We keep moving forward, opening new doors... because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." ~ Walter Elias Disney
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-14-2014, 05:25 PM   #873
digiMom
DIS Veteran

I got a job offer

Me DH DD (17) DS (13)

Old 07-14-2014, 05:37 PM   #874
Pikester
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by digiMom View Post
I got a job offer
Yay! Congratulations.

Pikester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 05:37 PM   #875
fripouns
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I got a job offer
Congrats!
Old 07-14-2014, 08:38 PM   #876
DISNEY180
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I got a job offer

I am so happy for you as know you how you feel about looking for a job while still at a current one..Glad all is working our for you.

DISNEY180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 08:23 AM   #877
digiMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikester View Post
Yay! Congratulations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fripouns View Post
Congrats!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DISNEY180 View Post
I am so happy for you as know you how you feel about looking for a job while still at a current one..Glad all is working our for you.
Finally figured out multi quote

Thanks! I'm a little happy, scared and sad at the same time. But they said my vacation's fine, which is great because if it wasn't I still would have to accept the offer. I may even get to use paid vacation time. I'm a little worried about how full time will ultimately affect my weightloss plans, but I'll work it out. Hours are pretty nice. 8-4:30 but with a 40 minute drive. The last time I worked full time was before my daughter was born over 16 years ago. I've been fortunate.

Me DH DD (17) DS (13)

Old 07-15-2014, 10:38 PM   #878
DisMom1981
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Finally figured out multi quote Thanks! I'm a little happy, scared and sad at the same time. But they said my vacation's fine, which is great because if it wasn't I still would have to accept the offer. I may even get to use paid vacation time. I'm a little worried about how full time will ultimately affect my weightloss plans, but I'll work it out. Hours are pretty nice. 8-4:30 but with a 40 minute drive. The last time I worked full time was before my daughter was born over 16 years ago. I've been fortunate.
That is super fortunate. Health wise- as much as I hate to admit it......I was sticking to eating better and exercise routine when working full time with much more success. I would get salads for lunch and that helped so much and for some reason I can't follow through w that while at home.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

August 2014 Trip Report (In progress) http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3324325

Pre -Trip Report for August 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3215904

July 2012 Disney Fantasy
August 2013 Walt Disney World - Pop Century
DisMom1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 08:07 AM   #879
Pikester
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Finally figured out multi quote Thanks! I'm a little happy, scared and sad at the same time. But they said my vacation's fine, which is great because if it wasn't I still would have to accept the offer. I may even get to use paid vacation time. I'm a little worried about how full time will ultimately affect my weightloss plans, but I'll work it out. Hours are pretty nice. 8-4:30 but with a 40 minute drive. The last time I worked full time was before my daughter was born over 16 years ago. I've been fortunate.
I agree with DisMom. I work as a substitute teacher and while I'm at work it is so much easier to follow my "plan". I only eat what I bring with me. During the winter I would get up early and workout on the treadmill but as the weather got better I did my exercising in the evenings.

Old 07-17-2014, 08:20 AM   #880
digiMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMom1981 View Post
That is super fortunate. Health wise- as much as I hate to admit it......I was sticking to eating better and exercise routine when working full time with much more success. I would get salads for lunch and that helped so much and for some reason I can't follow through w that while at home. Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Quote:
I agree with DisMom. I work as a substitute teacher and while I'm at work it is so much easier to follow my "plan". I only eat what I bring with me. During the winter I would get up early and workout on the treadmill but as the weather got better I did my exercising in the evenings.
Thanks, you give me hope The issue for me is I sit at a computer all day (work on websites). So I have to figure out a way to get movement in.

I went to Kohls yesterday. I haven't really worn shorts in a long time, opting for capris. I was so amazed as I grabbed 5 pairs of shorts a size down from what I've been wearing and all fit! I bought them all! I also got some sleeveless tops (most also a size down) and a summer dress. I haven't really worn dresses in a while. I posted a pic of what I bought on FB. I'll try to post it here when I'm on my laptop.

Me DH DD (17) DS (13)

Old 07-17-2014, 11:03 AM   #881
DisMom1981
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks, you give me hope The issue for me is I sit at a computer all day (work on websites). So I have to figure out a way to get movement in. I went to Kohls yesterday. I haven't really worn shorts in a long time, opting for capris. I was so amazed as I grabbed 5 pairs of shorts a size down from what I've been wearing and all fit! I bought them all! I also got some sleeveless tops (most also a size down) and a summer dress. I haven't really worn dresses in a while. I posted a pic of what I bought on FB. I'll try to post it here when I'm on my laptop.
Love your new clothes- I saw on FB. You inspired me- I headed to Kohls this am and bought several dry fit tank tops and dry fit capris..... Not as cute as what you bought but feeling more prepared for the incoming packing frenzy!

August 2014 Trip Report (In progress) http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3324325

July 2012 Disney Fantasy
Old 07-18-2014, 10:14 PM   #882
digiMom
DIS Veteran

Countdown: 2 Weeks until August 1st!!

Why worry? If you've done the very best you can, worrying won't make it better.
-Walt Disney

Me DH DD (17) DS (13)

Last edited by digiMom; 07-19-2014 at 10:23 AM.
Old 07-20-2014, 06:55 AM   #883
Pikester
DIS Veteran

Ugh! I've been back sliding the last few weeks. I'm still running 3 times a week but I haven't been doing anything on the other days like I use to. I started a 30 day ab challenge but after a few days I realized that the increases per day were a little too much for me so I was trying to just do it at my own pace. It's been a couple of days since I've done those exercises. Feeling frustrated but decided today was the day to start again. I know I can! I know I can!

Old 07-20-2014, 08:06 AM   #884
DisMom1981
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ugh! I've been back sliding the last few weeks. I'm still running 3 times a week but I haven't been doing anything on the other days like I use to. I started a 30 day ab challenge but after a few days I realized that the increases per day were a little too much for me so I was trying to just do it at my own pace. It's been a couple of days since I've done those exercises. Feeling frustrated but decided today was the day to start again. I know I can! I know I can!
I hear you!! One day I'll have a great run and there next running day my body just doesn't want to do it and aches (or is it my mind?!?!)

And something needs to be done about the eating. Like I seriously need to just wire my mouth shut!

July 2012 Disney Fantasy
Old 07-20-2014, 09:41 AM   #885
digiMom
DIS Veteran

I haven't been making any progress either. Luckily I haven't gained this week, but I'm still hanging out at a total loss if 10lbs. But I'm feeling more flabby. I really want to make a plan and finish these last few weeks strong. I've got 4 more to do something. Maybe I'll just start posting here every time I do something good. Or bad. If I do that, don't feel like you have to respond to each post. And by the way, I'm still on track to have my vacation with my not-so-friend. Boo!

Me DH DD (17) DS (13)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: