Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2014, 08:38 AM   #31
msyjoa
MJ

I'm in! I would love to lose 15 pounds, but mostly I just want my shorts from last year to fit and look decent! I started back to spin class this week, Mon/Wed/Fri at 5:30 am and I am feeling it! Now to get the Dr. Pepper under control and I will be on track.

Good luck to everyone on their goals!

Last edited by msyjoa; 02-28-2014 at 07:21 PM. Reason: typos!
msyjoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 09:10 AM   #32
rebeccam31
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post

Thanks - I don't always feel sane about my "healthiness" But I try hard to make small changes here and there - which has led to HUGE changes in the long run.

And thanks about the dress - I made it. I loved the fabric so much that I purchased more of it, so I can make myself a new dress when I get down to my final size.

D~
Now that I know you made it, I'm even more impressed! It's beautiful.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-28-2014, 09:16 AM   #33
rebeccam31
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by msyjoa View Post
I'm in! I would love to lose 15 pounds, but mostly I just want my shorts from las year to fit and look decent! I started back to spin class this week, Mon/Wed/Fri at 5:30 am and I am feeling it! Now to get the Dr. Pepper under control and I will be on track.

GOod luck to everyone on their goals!
I am not a soda drinker, but of all of them, Dr. Pepper is the one that occasionally calls to me!
Old 02-28-2014, 03:16 PM   #34
BudgieMama
DIS Veteran

I feel like I should join in too. No clue what I weigh at the moment, but could probably do with losing half a stone!
Upcoming: October 2014: TBD
Lifelong Dream: PTR Report *** http://longsdisneytrip.blogspot.co.uk/
BudgieMama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 03:44 PM   #35
donnaf516
DIS Veteran

I'm in too! Keep telling my husband that I need to get my butt in gear. Hopefully this will help!

August 2010 - POR
August 2011 - CBR
February 2012 - Pop
August 2012 - BC
August 2013 - POFQ
donnaf516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 07:11 PM   #36
digiMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikester View Post
Good morning everyone!

I started eating less and moving more about 6 weeks ago. I dug out all my old Weight Watcher materials from 2003 and have been logging my points each day. I have also been walking 5 times a week on the treadmill for about 30 minutes each time and 3 weeks ago I started using a 5K app that is getting me ready for a 5K in May. Today I ran for 10 minutes! (that was out of a 30 minute workout) My goal (and my husband's goal) is to get down to Disney for the Tower of Terror 10miler in 2015.

I would be honored to make this healthy journey with all of you.
I'm a little jealous you started 6 weeks ago, but also inspired. The 5-6 week mark is usually when I start losing my umph, so hope we help you stay with it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by msyjoa View Post
I'm in! I would love to lose 15 pounds, but mostly I just want my shorts from las year to fit and look decent! I started back to spin class this week, Mon/Wed/Fri at 5:30 am and I am feeling it! Now to get the Dr. Pepper under control and I will be on track.

GOod luck to everyone on their goals!
Here, here! Except I wear capris at this point because they cover more.. So I want to wear new shorts in a smaller size

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudgieMama View Post
I feel like I should join in too. No clue what I weigh at the moment, but could probably do with losing half a stone!
OK, so I had to look that up, LOL. So 1/2 stone is 7 pounds? I think that's right.. Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaf516 View Post
I'm in too! Keep telling my husband that I need to get my butt in gear. Hopefully this will help!
.. and my husband keeps telling me that I need to get my gut in gear. Just kidding; he's very supportive. He really wants to be active together: go for walks, swim, use that new Bowflex we have in the basement...

Me DH DD (17) DS (13)

Jan 2012 POP | Oct 2010 POP | Jan 2006 ASSp | Sept 1992 Off Site (Honeymoon) | Poly and CR in the 70s as a kid
"We keep moving forward, opening new doors... because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." ~ Walter Elias Disney
digiMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 07:26 PM   #37
DisMom1981
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzyb View Post
I'm in. Would like to lose 20lbs. I have been working out for over 2weeks and will continue to do so. Now just need to get my eating under control.
I hear you. I have such a hard time consistently using moderation. So frustrating.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Pre -Trip Report for August 2014 (In progress)
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3215904

July 2012 Disney Fantasy
August 2013 Walt Disney World - Pop Century
DisMom1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 07:31 PM   #38
digiMom
DIS Veteran

So I finally have time to sit down and introduce myself. There's so much I could write, but I'll keep it brief. (-ish)

I'd like to lose somewhere around 20-40 pounds (OK, upper number is eventually) and go down 2-3 dress sizes. But really I want to feel better. I've had some health issues over the past few years, and I really think getting some weight off will help me with those alot.

I usually go "all out" when I start and try to do everything right. And I keep it up for a while too. But then life and stress etc comes into the picture and things slowly go back to where I started habit-wise, which a little while later gets me back to where I was body-wise. So I'm going to approach this a little different this time. (You know what they say: the definition of insanity is trying the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.) I'm going to make weekly goals and add on to my previous ones. I'm a control freak and will probably try to do more than just my 1-2 goals, but I hoping as my motivation slacks off, just focusing on a few things will get me over the hump.

I'm also going to be kind to myself. I haven't felt well for about a year or so. I think if I start like I'm battling myself into submission, it's just not going to work. I'm 45 and I really need to work with myself instead of against it.

So this week my main goal is to get my morning down. I'm lucky enough to have a chunk of time between when my kids go to school and I leave for work. So I'll be doing an old walk fit video I have (about 30 minutes) and when it gets warm enough (will this winter ever be over?) transfer that over to a walk with the dog. I also need to figure out what I'm going to eat for breakfast. In the summer/fall I was making smoothies and that worked out really well. I used coconut milk, chia seeds, rice protein powder, and a variety of fruits, berries and even spinach depending on what I was in the mood for. And I felt really good with that. But I just can't drink a cold drink in the morning until it gets a little warmer. So I gotta figure out an alternative until it warms up a little. Hmmm...

Me DH DD (17) DS (13)

Jan 2012 POP | Oct 2010 POP | Jan 2006 ASSp | Sept 1992 Off Site (Honeymoon) | Poly and CR in the 70s as a kid
"We keep moving forward, opening new doors... because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." ~ Walter Elias Disney
Old 02-28-2014, 07:33 PM   #39
DisMom1981
DIS Veteran

I hate tracking. I'm so bad at it. I know it works- I don't get why I don't just do it!!!!

July 2012 Disney Fantasy
Old 02-28-2014, 07:34 PM   #40
digiMom
DIS Veteran

Countdown: 22 weeks to Aug 1!

Your task: Set one or two goals for this week

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implictly and unquestionably.

~ Walt Disney

Me DH DD (17) DS (13)

Old 02-28-2014, 07:36 PM   #41
digiMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMom1981 View Post
I hate tracking. I'm so bad at it. I know it works- I don't get why I don't just do it!!!!

Me, too! I start out great, but then other things progressively get in the way until I realize I'm not doing it anymore. I can't journal either. I think I have 3 in my house with 5-10 pages done from various times in my life...

Me DH DD (17) DS (13)

Old 02-28-2014, 07:37 PM   #42
DisMom1981
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by digiMom View Post
So I finally have time to sit down and introduce myself. There's so much I could write, but I'll keep it brief. (-ish) I'd like to lose somewhere around 20-40 pounds (OK, upper number is eventually) and go down 2-3 dress sizes. But really I want to feel better. I've had some health issues over the past few years, and I really think getting some weight off will help me with those alot. I usually go "all out" when I start and try to do everything right. And I keep it up for a while too. But then life and stress etc comes into the picture and things slowly go back to where I started habit-wise, which a little while later gets me back to where I was body-wise. So I'm going to approach this a little different this time. (You know what they say: the definition of insanity is trying the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.) I'm going to make weekly goals and add on to my previous ones. I'm a control freak and will probably try to do more than just my 1-2 goals, but I hoping as my motivation slacks off, just focusing on a few things will get me over the hump. I'm also going to be kind to myself. I haven't felt well for about a year or so. I think if I start like I'm battling myself into submission, it's just not going to work. I'm 45 and I really need to work with myself instead of against it. So this week my main goal is to get my morning down. I'm lucky enough to have a chunk of time between when my kids go to school and I leave for work. So I'll be doing an old walk fit video I have (about 30 minutes) and when it gets warm enough (will this winter ever be over?) transfer that over to a walk with the dog. I also need to figure out what I'm going to eat for breakfast. In the summer/fall I was making smoothies and that worked out really well. I used coconut milk, chia seeds, rice protein powder, and a variety of fruits, berries and even spinach depending on what I was in the mood for. And I felt really good with that. But I just can't drink a cold drink in the morning until it gets a little warmer. So I gotta figure out an alternative until it warms up a little. Hmmm...
I'm the same- all out, model dieter in the beginning and lose a ton of weight. Then sabotage myself. I have been working out in the morning. It's not fun getting up at 5am but I like that it isn't crowded and by the end if the day I'm just too tired.

I've been mixing yogurt and plain instant oatmeal for breakfast.

July 2012 Disney Fantasy
Old 02-28-2014, 07:39 PM   #43
2jboysmom
Earning My Ears

I love doing Zumba! Take care of that knee! My goals this week- walk 2 miles on the days I am not doing Zumba. Add more veggies to meals and snacks!
2jboysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 07:50 PM   #44
seenellie81
Mouseketeer

For the fitbit users I have a question for y'all......do you have to pay a monthly fee for it? I have seen something like fitbit that was less expensive but you paid eAch month. Trying to figure out which way to go. Also do you find that knowing where your at throughout the day with your fitness goal keeps you motivated to achieve it? I am so competitive and easily addicted to games that I feel like it would be good for me to see oh I have two more lights to light up and I have done it. Does that make sense?
Old 02-28-2014, 07:58 PM   #45
seenellie81
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMom1981 View Post

I was so excited to see that when I started WW last week you don't have to track anymore if you don't want to. They have you start now on what's called simple start. And if you want to stay on the same type of thing and not track and no points you can. They give you a list of power foods and you eat from that list then you get so many "points" worth of indulgences. The indulgence points when you start are 7 a day so I just remember them and know where I am at so I don't have to write them down. Also the new app they have mAkes it so I can just scan a barcode and it adds that food and gives me the points for it if I were wanting to track. I think the power foods list is a great idea even if your not doing weight watchers.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: