Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2014, 05:50 AM   #151
Pikester
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by QVCshopper View Post
I'm doing 5K Runner free right now, but I'm going to buy the 10K Runner because I have to run a 10 mile in a few months and the 5K is included in that one. Anyway, it's an awesome app! Very happy with it! Good luck on your goals.
Didn't realize the 5K was included in the 10K. My DH is helping me so he looked up recommended 5K apps and we were pointed to this one. I have big plans to do a 10miler next year, Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10 Miler 2015. Let me know how the 10K app works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMom1981 View Post
This whole time I thought I've been using couch to 5k but I guess I really have 5k runner. What I don't like is it gets which day I'm on messed up. Does anyone else find that? If I don't keep track separately- I'd be all over the place with which workouts I was doing since every time I open the app it's on a different workout than it's supposed to be.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
It seems to be working well for me. I started with Week 1/Day 1 and once it's done I hit complete. Then I have to move it to the next workout on the day that I do it. Up to Week 4/Day 3 so I earned my Half Way to a 5K badge. I use the app on my Ipad so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Pikester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 06:00 AM   #152
DisMom1981
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by digiMom View Post
Countdown: 21 Weeks to August 1st! Let it go, let it go! Can't hold it back any more. Let it go, let it go! Turn away and slam the door. I don't care what they're going to say. Let the storm rage on. The cold never bothered me anyway. ~Queen Elsa A little something to help us all get through Friday! Jimmy Fallon, Idina Menzel & The Roots Sing "Let It Go" from "Frozen" (w/ Classroom Instruments)
Love that clip! 12 days until Frozen is out on DVD! Cannot wait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikester View Post
Didn't realize the 5K was included in the 10K. My DH is helping me so he looked up recommended 5K apps and we were pointed to this one. I have big plans to do a 10miler next year, Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10 Miler 2015. Let me know how the 10K app works. It seems to be working well for me. I started with Week 1/Day 1 and once it's done I hit complete. Then I have to move it to the next workout on the day that I do it. Up to Week 4/Day 3 so I earned my Half Way to a 5K badge. I use the app on my Ipad so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it.
I don't know why it does this- had the same problem last year when I was using it.

August 2014 Trip Report (In progress) http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3324325

Pre -Trip Report for August 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3215904

July 2012 Disney Fantasy
August 2013 Walt Disney World - Pop Century
DisMom1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-07-2014, 06:16 AM   #153
Pikester
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Countdown: 21 Weeks to August 1st! Let it go, let it go! Can't hold it back any more. Let it go, let it go! Turn away and slam the door. I don't care what they're going to say. Let the storm rage on. The cold never bothered me anyway. ~Queen Elsa A little something to help us all get through Friday! Jimmy Fallon, Idina Menzel & The Roots Sing "Let It Go" from "Frozen" (w/ Classroom Instruments)

I listen to Let it Go twice during my workout. It just does something for me.

Old 03-08-2014, 04:42 AM   #154
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

Happy Saturday everyone!

I have not yet been on the scales but I've been eating healthier and feeling better this week. I don't think I've lost any weight but my eating seems more controlled and my cravings are diminishing. I still need to exercise though.
Disneylover99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 05:27 AM   #155
seenellie81
Mouseketeer

Good Morning!!
Up early for a saturday, not sure that i am so happy about that. Every couple of days i get woken up by a silly charlie horse in my left calf. Man does it hurt this is what i look like when i am in bed but not laughing more like screaming. I dont know why i am getting them. I have not increased or decreased my exercise. I have been eating healthier, i also have added bananas every day and i am drinking more water now. I thought bananas and water were supposed to help with charlie horses. I feel like i am in boot camp all over again, thats when i used to get these bad but we were doing alot of exercise and i am sure i didnt drink enough water then. I cant help but to relate the charlie horses to my diet as thats the only thing i have changed and then i started getting them. they hurt and i want them to go away!!!!!
Old 03-08-2014, 06:51 AM   #156
Pikester
DIS Veteran

Happy Saturday! Stepped on the scale yesterday and was happy with what I saw. Worked off the fun I had last weekend and won't be having that much fun this weekend. DH and I are going to a running store today to have our feet fitted for new shoes. We'll see how much that is going to cost us.

Old 03-08-2014, 07:37 AM   #157
DisMom1981
DIS Veteran

Stepped on the scale. So far so good- I guess I didn't weigh myself last Saturday but have been comparing weight to the really bad cry inducing weigh in I had in January and I've lost 10 since then which is a lot, but 5 of those were a territory I've never entered before (except while pregnant).......so I look at it more as a 5 lb loss. Hard to stay consistent with eating.....had too much pizza last night and some ice cream. We are going to be out and busy all weekend which always makes it harder.

Need to get back to the gym and 5k runner this week.

August 2014 Trip Report (In progress) http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3324325

Pre -Trip Report for August 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3215904

July 2012 Disney Fantasy
August 2013 Walt Disney World - Pop Century
DisMom1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 08:57 AM   #158
digiMom
DIS Veteran

My check in: I kept up my morning goals with exception of one morning workout. It was the morning I was up at 2 am. I lucky to make it through the day! I'm down 3 lbs. I feel in general so much better. The foggy feeling's going away, I have more energy and it's easier to wake up in the morning.

New goals: so this week I'm adding on two more goals. I have a real problem with munchies after work. I eat lunch around 11:30-12 and I get home around 3, so there's this span of time between then and dinner where I kind if grab anything I can find. So I'm going to find and eat some healthy snack that can fill that time. I'm thinking raw veggies and dip to start, and/or maybe something like almonds, yogurt... I would appreciate any suggestions you guys have for good snacks.

I'm also going to use my bowflex on Sunday and Wednesday. We got it this holiday for a great deal. I've used it here and there, but no consistency. I think I was trying for too many split workouts so I'm going to try this approach.

Here's to a great week for everyone!

Me DH DD (17) DS (13)

Jan 2012 POP | Oct 2010 POP | Jan 2006 ASSp | Sept 1992 Off Site (Honeymoon) | Poly and CR in the 70s as a kid
"We keep moving forward, opening new doors... because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." ~ Walter Elias Disney

Last edited by digiMom; 03-08-2014 at 12:09 PM.
digiMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 01:21 PM   #159
hforman
Mouseketeer

Aw, man. So discouraged... I just went for a long walk and thought I'd really pushed it then mapped it on google maps and it was only 2 miles. There was a time not too long ago that I'd work out in the morning and walk at lunch bike at night. I don't know how I turned into such a slug.
Old 03-08-2014, 01:36 PM   #160
hforman
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadira36 View Post
Today is a rough day for me. Couldn't sleep due to anxiety issues
I can relate to that. I hadn't had sleep problems for years, but in the last few weeks between worrying about my job and 5 grants I had to write that were all due at the same time, I feel like I've barely slept. Has it gotten any better?
Old 03-08-2014, 01:53 PM   #161
digiMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hforman View Post
Aw, man. So discouraged... I just went for a long walk and thought I'd really pushed it then mapped it on google maps and it was only 2 miles. There was a time not too long ago that I'd work out in the morning and walk at lunch bike at night. I don't know how I turned into such a slug.
Don't be discouraged! You did something good for yourself! You moved from where you are now to something better. I know it's hard. I'm in the same boat. I remember how I was before I hurt my knee. Before that, it was before I had my car accident. Before that it was before I had my kids.. before I worked full time, before I went to college.. I was driving myself crazy! Anything we do that's better than yesterday is positive.
__________________________________________________ __________

How do you guys feel about starting some kind of contract or pledge or whatever? Here are some thoughts to get started. Please let me know what you think.
  • If I do any type of activity, I will see it as a positive thing.
  • Food is not my enemy. I need to give my body what it needs to be the best it can be.
  • I will try to do more for myself today than I did yesterday.
  • I will give myself permission not to be perfect.
  • I will take a short break if my body and/or mind really needs it. When I'm able, I will start up again without feelings of guilt.
  • I will do something good for myself/have fun/relieve stress.

Me DH DD (17) DS (13)

Jan 2012 POP | Oct 2010 POP | Jan 2006 ASSp | Sept 1992 Off Site (Honeymoon) | Poly and CR in the 70s as a kid
"We keep moving forward, opening new doors... because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." ~ Walter Elias Disney
Old 03-08-2014, 02:51 PM   #162
digiMom
DIS Veteran

.. Or it could be our code, like in Pirates of the Caribbean. More a set of guidelines than actual rules.

Me DH DD (17) DS (13)

Last edited by digiMom; 03-08-2014 at 03:38 PM.
Old 03-08-2014, 03:09 PM   #163
hforman
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Don't be discouraged! You did something good for yourself! You moved from where you are now to something better. I know it's hard. I'm in the same boat. I remember how I was before I hurt my knee. Before that, it was before I had my car accident. Before that it was before I had my kids.. before I worked full time, before I went to college.. I was driving myself crazy! Anything we do that's better than yesterday is positive.
__________________________________________________ __________

How do you guys feel about starting some kind of contract or pledge or whatever? Here are some thoughts to get started. Please let me know what you think.
  • Food is not my enemy. I need to give my body what it needs to be the best it can be.
  • I will take a short break if my body and/or mind really needs it. When I'm able, I will start up again without feelings of guilt.
I know, eyes on the prize. "Get in good enough shape in 4 months to walk 10 miles a day" is more realistic than "become my younger self again."
Old 03-08-2014, 03:25 PM   #164
nadira36
DIS Veteran

Quote:

.. Or it could be I code, like in Pirates of the Caribbean. More a set of guidelines rather than rules.

I like it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hforman View Post
I know, eyes on the prize. "Get in good enough shape in 4 months to walk 10 miles a day" is more realistic than "become my younger self again."
I always look back at my younger self and think, "I am sooooo glad I am no longer that person!" Just because that person ran 10mi a day does not mean she is in anyway better than I am now.

Today I took all the kids outside and we ran around, played fetch with the dog, checked out our trees we planted 2 years ago, rearranged some snow. It wasn't a work-out, but it was good for the soul.

80s/90s various trips with family, never stayed at a resort hotel. 2001 - seasonal CM for a summer. 2007 - convinced DH to take the first trip. Stayed at CSR for 10 days. 3 toddlers 6 adults 2009 - second trip. ASMo for 5 days. 2 Adults 2 toddlers. 2010 - 4 adults 4.5 children. 7 days Pop. 2011 - We can't afford to go to Disney this year. So we're only staying at the Poly for 8 nights. If it's gonna be on credit, might as well make it worthwhile. 2012 - Back to the Poly for 10 days 2 adults 3 kids 2013 - First AKL stay only 5 night 2 adults 3.5 children2014 POR/AKL CL split stay 9 nights 2 adults 4 children plus guests
nadira36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 04:19 PM   #165
hforman
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadira36 View Post
Today I took all the kids outside and we ran around, played fetch with the dog, checked out our trees we planted 2 years ago, rearranged some snow. It wasn't a work-out, but it was good for the soul.
sounds like a workout!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: