Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2014, 06:14 AM   #136
Pikester
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by seenellie81 View Post
It's been a rough week. I think I have been eating ok. I am happy that I am continuing with my goal to eat breakfast every morning, even if it is a yogurt on my drive into work. I haven't checked in at all on the board, this weeks new goal is to continue with my breakfasts but check in each morning, maybe it will help keep me on track. Today is my WW day so I have that meeting to look forward too. Maybe they will give me some good info I can share. I will check in later and let you all know if I lost any. Fingers crossed! I just hope that I don't get myself all discouraged and stop what I am doing as that is my history. It should help that my mom and I are in this together and I feel I need to be accountable not only to myself but her and the WW scale. I am so proud of her though, she has had back and neck surgeries and has gained some weight since getting hurt. Each morning I talk to her on my 45 min drive into work. Yes I drive talk to her (hands free it's through the sync on my car) and eat my yogurt. While I am talking to her she walks on the tread mill each morning. She's working really hard at this!
Yay for you and mom!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you too.

Pikester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 03:39 PM   #137
DisMom1981
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccam31 View Post
Wow. Donut. That's an unfortunate autocorrect in a weight loss thread.
Haha love it.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Pre -Trip Report for August 2014 (In progress)
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3215904

July 2012 Disney Fantasy
August 2013 Walt Disney World - Pop Century
DisMom1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-06-2014, 03:40 PM   #138
DisMom1981
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by digiMom View Post
Still up! I think I'm just going to be up and sleep later. It's gonna be a rough one! Congrats on the decade!
I didn't go back to sleep either!

July 2012 Disney Fantasy
Old 03-06-2014, 03:46 PM   #139
DisMom1981
DIS Veteran

Still not feeling great today and avoiding the gym. I also was out around lunchtime and got myself into a Panera situation. I wanted soup and not lettuce and so I got chicken noodle soup and half tomato and basil panini. Not great choices but I didn't eat most of the broth and skipped the side of bread and pulled off one side of the panini bread so only one piece of the panini bread was eaten.....could have been much worse!

Hope everyone had a good day!

July 2012 Disney Fantasy
Old 03-06-2014, 03:48 PM   #140
DisMom1981
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikester View Post
Good Morning! Another 30 minute walk on the treadmill is done. Was so excited because I ran a total of 16 minutes yesterday morning (running 3 times a week)! It wasn't all at the same time but I'm getting there. The 5K app I'm using is really good about slowly increasing the amount of running that you do balanced with some walking. Getting to that point where I'm doing more running then walking so it won't be long now. Now I want donuts! digiMom: I hope you feel better soon. DisMom1981: Congrats! I love seeing the number on the scale going down. Have a great day everyone.
Great job! What 5k app are you using?

Quote:
It's been a rough week. I think I have been eating ok. I am happy that I am continuing with my goal to eat breakfast every morning, even if it is a yogurt on my drive into work. I haven't checked in at all on the board, this weeks new goal is to continue with my breakfasts but check in each morning, maybe it will help keep me on track. Today is my WW day so I have that meeting to look forward too. Maybe they will give me some good info I can share. I will check in later and let you all know if I lost any. Fingers crossed! I just hope that I don't get myself all discouraged and stop what I am doing as that is my history. It should help that my mom and I are in this together and I feel I need to be accountable not only to myself but her and the WW scale. I am so proud of her though, she has had back and neck surgeries and has gained some weight since getting hurt. Each morning I talk to her on my 45 min drive into work. Yes I drive talk to her (hands free it's through the sync on my car) and eat my yogurt. While I am talking to her she walks on the tread mill each morning. She's working really hard at this!
I think it's awesome that you and your mom are in it together. Hope WW scale was good to you both!

July 2012 Disney Fantasy
Old 03-06-2014, 05:05 PM   #141
Pikester
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMom1981 View Post
Great job! What 5k app are you using? I think it's awesome that you and your mom are in it together. Hope WW scale was good to you both! Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
The app is called 5K Runner at the AppStore. It's gold colored and you can download a free one first and then buy it for $2.99. You will have to transfer over your info from the free one to the other one but it's only the first week or so.

Old 03-06-2014, 05:05 PM   #142
DisMom1981
DIS Veteran

Craving to try Ben and Jerry's new 'core' ice cream.....problem is I won't 'try' it- I'll eat the whole thing!! Help!!

July 2012 Disney Fantasy
Old 03-06-2014, 05:53 PM   #143
digiMom
DIS Veteran

I heard ice cream is good for you because your body has to use calories to warm it up

This is a good read:

Lose Weight By Celebrating Food, Not Feeling Guilty About It: Psychologists Say Guilt Leads To More Weight Gain

Me DH DD (17) DS (13)

Jan 2012 POP | Oct 2010 POP | Jan 2006 ASSp | Sept 1992 Off Site (Honeymoon) | Poly and CR in the 70s as a kid
"We keep moving forward, opening new doors... because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." ~ Walter Elias Disney
digiMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 06:14 PM   #144
seenellie81
Mouseketeer

Ok so I was right I didn't have the best week only lost .2 lbs. it's another week onward we push! Glad I went to the WW meeting it helps to motivate.
Old 03-06-2014, 07:35 PM   #145
Pikester
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ok so I was right I didn't have the best week only lost .2 lbs. it's another week onward we push! Glad I went to the WW meeting it helps to motivate.
It's a loss and not a gain. Keep up the great work!

Old 03-06-2014, 08:19 PM   #146
seenellie81
Mouseketeer

Quote:
It's a loss and not a gain. Keep up the great work!
Thanks! Your right! It is great to see a loss! Small or large a loss is a loss. I have been thinking about what I have done different and I figures it out... I haven't taken my water bottle into work at all this week. So I have not drank any water at all really. Here's to a week with more water!
Old 03-06-2014, 09:01 PM   #147
nadira36
DIS Veteran

Well, this has been a rough few days. Ive experienced severe side effects from some medications I'm taking leaving me with severe heart palpitations, insomnia, restlessness, and breathlessness. It's now day 4 with these side effects and things don't feel like they're getting much better. It makes my days very - interesting.

I've been making a point of maintaining proper body posture as much as possible. I figure even if I can't work-out (Can't do anything that might raise my heart rate any more) I can at least work on improving my body in other ways. I have been doing some yoga, but can't do any inversions right now.

But the good news is the side effects point to my not needing the meds anymore - which is good b/c I've had to stop them completely.

80s/90s various trips with family, never stayed at a resort hotel. 2001 - seasonal CM for a summer. 2007 - convinced DH to take the first trip. Stayed at CSR for 10 days. 3 toddlers 6 adults 2009 - second trip. ASMo for 5 days. 2 Adults 2 toddlers. 2010 - 4 adults 4.5 children. 7 days Pop. 2011 - We can't afford to go to Disney this year. So we're only staying at the Poly for 8 nights. If it's gonna be on credit, might as well make it worthwhile. 2012 - Back to the Poly for 10 days 2 adults 3 kids 2013 - First AKL stay only 5 night 2 adults 3.5 children
nadira36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 09:33 PM   #148
QVCshopper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The app is called 5K Runner at the AppStore. It's gold colored and you can download a free one first and then buy it for $2.99. You will have to transfer over your info from the free one to the other one but it's only the first week or so.
I'm doing 5K Runner free right now, but I'm going to buy the 10K Runner because I have to run a 10 mile in a few months and the 5K is included in that one. Anyway, it's an awesome app! Very happy with it! Good luck on your goals.
QVCshopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 04:29 AM   #149
DisMom1981
DIS Veteran

This whole time I thought I've been using couch to 5k but I guess I really have 5k runner. What I don't like is it gets which day I'm on messed up. Does anyone else find that? If I don't keep track separately- I'd be all over the place with which workouts I was doing since every time I open the app it's on a different workout than it's supposed to be.

July 2012 Disney Fantasy
Old 03-07-2014, 05:04 AM   #150
digiMom
DIS Veteran

Countdown: 21 Weeks to August 1st!

Let it go, let it go!
Can't hold it back any more.
Let it go, let it go!
Turn away and slam the door.
I don't care what they're going to say.
Let the storm rage on.
The cold never bothered me anyway.

~Queen Elsa

A little something to help us all get through Friday!
Jimmy Fallon, Idina Menzel & The Roots Sing "Let It Go" from "Frozen" (w/ Classroom Instruments)

Me DH DD (17) DS (13)

Jan 2012 POP | Oct 2010 POP | Jan 2006 ASSp | Sept 1992 Off Site (Honeymoon) | Poly and CR in the 70s as a kid
"We keep moving forward, opening new doors... because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." ~ Walter Elias Disney
digiMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: