Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2014, 11:17 AM   #1
oilrok
Earning My Ears

Grand Cayman

We are thinking of doing the dolphin extreme swim here

We have a DD (9) and DS (7)

Any other excursions anyone would recommend instead?

Should a person book this through the ship or seperately?

Any suggestions recommendations would be great as we are 1st time cruisers.
oilrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 11:33 AM   #2
JohnDS
DIS Veteran

in GC we are doing the Turtle farm excursion. We've heard from others it's a cool trip and we've already done a dolphin swim elsewhere.
We decided to do our excursions through Disney for a couple reasons. We've heard stories of excursions occasionally being delayed, if this happens the they Disney excursions typically don't miss the boat as they will be more likely to wait. It may not happen often, but traffic or other things can happen anywhere and you can see videos of people missing their ships on youtube.
We also have read that the Disney run excursions meet on board and then you are ushered to your trip, that can be helpful if your not familiar with a port. In GC you have to tender since they cannot dock and I understand that excursions get preferred tendering rather than waiting in the standard lines. There are reasons to book on your own instead of through Disney, but this is the way we went.
JohnDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 01:27 PM   #3
DahliaRW
DIS Veteran

Because of the tendering and the fact that GC is a relatively short port of call (only 5 hours or so) we booked through Disney. We did the turtle farm, and it was fantastic. My kids LOVED it. The tour was educational, and where else do you get to hold baby sea turtles? And the snorkeling lagoon was fantastic too, loved being able to snorkel right next to a shark tank and see all sorts of fish and my dh's favorite part was following a sea turtle around in the snorkeling lagoon. Lunch is included through Disney, so that makes it easy.
Walt Disney World (Port Orleans Riverside) January 25-29, 2014 (Epcot, AK, MK, Epcot, HS)
Heading back to Disneyland December 12-16th!!! Taking my nieces on their first trip to DL!!!

DahliaRW is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: