Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-19-2014, 02:14 PM   #91
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran
 
TheMaxRebo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mahopac, NY
Posts: 2,922

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
The Disney Jr. Live looks like such a great show! The kids look like they had a great time, love the pic of the two of them on the steps in front of the banner. Dinner after looks really good too. Beer that tastes like tootsie rolls? Well I'm intrigued!
It was actually a pretty well put together show - wasn't sure how they would do it but was pretty impressed. Dinner was fun - not the healthiest, but hit the spot!


Quote:
Originally Posted by amberg93 View Post
Looks like you had a great time at the show! I watched a lot of Sofia in Mexico instead of going out and partying, so it grew on me

But it does seem like it would be a great memory for both you and the kids to have. And way to be great parents and get them the light up things, my mom would have told me that I didn't really need it :P So A+ parenting.

Also, late night snack foods are the best. Though how did your beer end up tasting like a tootsie roll exactly?
Sophia the first or partying out in Mexico ... tomato/tomahto - basically the same thing

yeah, I almost went back on my initial thought and not buy the light up toys since they were $25 each, but the kids did really enjoy them and I think by pre-agreeing to 1 thing it made it much easier vs. them wanting everything

So the beer was brewed with cocoa and coffee and somehow that mixed with the malt they used wound up tasting like a tootsie roll


Quote:
Originally Posted by khaleesi View Post
How long was I asleep?! This is the first I've heard of this. Interesting!!
I don't think they have revealed exactly what date the changes to FP+ will take effect but they are adding a rolling 4th FP+ (that becomes available after you use all 3 of your first one and adding the ability to park hop

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaleesi View Post
Your plans sound fun!! And YAY to Tusker House breakfast!!! Definitely one of my favorite things from my trip!!
We did it for the first time last trip and really liked it - good mix of "different" food but also standard Disney breakfast food ... plus Krispy Kreme donuts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaleesi View Post
Supersize cupcakes sounds pretty amazing to me. I can't possibly imagine where the disaster comes in. Haha.

Looks like a fun afternoon!!! I adore Sophia.
Well, the issue was that they were so big and wound up getting into everything and just making a big mess more than just being big.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaleesi View Post
Hope your wife is feeling good!!
Thanks! She's doing ok, though gets tired at times and find things just uncomfortable at times. Emma is definitely moving around in there and making her presence known
__________________
Me: DW: DD(5): DS(2): DD(4 months):


**In Progress** It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Disney World with a 1 month old - A Trip Report: 08/25-08-29/14
Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
TheMaxRebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 09:33 PM   #92
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran
 
TheMaxRebo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mahopac, NY
Posts: 2,922

Pre Trip Report: Part 11 - Happy Easter!


Pre Trip Report: Part 11 - Happy Easter!




Hope you had a wonderful Easter or Passover or just a good day and/or week!

We had a very nice day today. First, the Easter Bunny delivered for the kids:






and we are the best/worst parents ever since we let the kids have a Cadbury Caramel Creme Egg for breakfast:



Olivia and I then went to church - Judi had gone last night for the vigil (she sings in the choir).

Then we were off to a local restaurant/inn named Le Chambord. First up, family pictures:





Then the Easter Bunny came out and led the kids on an egg hunt:






After a while the Easter Bunny whispered to me the location of the golden egg which I then pointed out to Olivia. She was rather excited to have found it:




Her prize for finding it was a 2lb solid milk chocolate bunny:




We then went in for bunch which was really nice (sorry, no pictures). Nice selection and really nice dessert area - Olivia loved the chocolate fountain.


Then back home and after Peter napped we went out for some fun with the bubbles that they each got in their Easter baskets:








The rest of the day was mostly relaxing, keeping up on the latest stand-by wait time and FP+ disappearing drama for the Anna/Elsa meet and greet, I think the kids watched Frozen twice ... you know, the usual.

Hope everyone had a wonderful day!

TTFN
__________________
Me: DW: DD(5): DS(2): DD(4 months):


**In Progress** It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Disney World with a 1 month old - A Trip Report: 08/25-08-29/14
Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
TheMaxRebo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-21-2014, 06:47 AM   #93
teekathepony
DIS Veteran
 
teekathepony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Cape Breton, NS
Posts: 4,539

Happy belated Easter to you and your family! Looks like a very nice Easter for you all. Love the ship bubble blower, that caught my eye! Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaxRebo View Post
keeping up on the latest stand-by wait time and FP+ disappearing drama for the Anna/Elsa meet and greet
Oh yes, I was keeping an eye on that too!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
teekathepony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 12:22 PM   #94
Disney Khaleesi
Old member, new name
 
Disney Khaleesi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 332

Finally catching up after our trip!

It looks like the Easter Bunny(ies) spoiled Olivia and Peter rotten! And oh my goodness-will Olivia ever finish the 2lb bunny she won at the egg hunt? It took me two months to eat a chocolate frog from from WWoHP! I doubt I'd ever be able to finish that, let alone little Olivia!
__________________
Dad Me(16) Kitty #1 Kitty #2

Walt Disney World: 2001, 2003, 2013, 2014
Disneyland: 2009
Universal Orlando: 2013
Disney Khaleesi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 01:56 PM   #95
missangelalexis
DIS Veteran
 
missangelalexis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,326

I think your plans are sounding really great!

Sounds like a great day seeing Disney Junior live! I'm glad it was all worth it

Cute Easter baskets, the photo of the 4 of you is lovely. Glad you had a great Easter!
__________________
A trip of firsts- starting with my first PTR for October 2013!
Did Someone Say Adventure?! An Oct '13 TR!
I Think We Should Go Again! A Nov '14 PTR
"Smile like you're massaging my feet!" A Nov '14 TR!

WDW Visits: 1993, 1997
Disneyland/California Adventure Visit: 6/26/12
Pop Century with DBF: 1/4/13-1/12/13 - MNSSHP/F&W trip with Mom & Dad: 10/5/13-10/12/13 - An Early Christmas with Mom & Dad: 11/8/14-11/15/14
missangelalexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 02:16 PM   #96
KatMark
DIS Veteran
 
KatMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 40,626

Love all the photos from your Easter celebration. It looks like it was a very nice day.
__________________
KatMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 10:36 PM   #97
amberg93
DIS Veteran
 
amberg93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: St-Jean, Quebec
Posts: 721

It is basically the same thing. Besides, I got my pool bar on during the day, so I was good by the night time

Ahh thanks for clearing up the beer issue. At least you liked it and it wasn't gross.

Also great Easter pictures. And lucky Olivia for getting the golden egg. I hope she shared that giant chocolate bunny though
__________________
Married to the ever lovely Marielightning
November 2012 - Port Orleans French Quarter "Fine! We can go to Disney, but I'm not happy about it!" First Trip + MVMCP
October 2013 - All Star Music PTR "It's So Much Fun Not Knowing Where We're Goin" Post-Chemo + MNSSHP
May 2014 - All Star Sports PTR "I bet they get Charmin" Girls Trip **In progress**
September 2014 - All Star Movies + Port Orleans French Quarter "A for effort, C for execution." MNSSHP + F&W *In progress*
amberg93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 07:45 AM   #98
poison ivy
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,042

Happy Easter to you and your family. Looks like a great day! Thanks for sharing.

I've been enjoying reading all fun the events that have been happening as you get closer to your trip.

That Anna and Elsa meet and greet situation is crazy!!!

I think we adults get a little too caught up in not wanting to miss out on the action when something goes viral. And I'm not sure our kids would have really cared one way or the other, had we not made such a big deal about it and brought it to their attention.

I have been guilty myself and gotten up at many the unimaginable hour to do whatever it takes. But we all have to draw the line somewhere.
poison ivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 09:39 AM   #99
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran
 
TheMaxRebo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mahopac, NY
Posts: 2,922

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
Happy belated Easter to you and your family! Looks like a very nice Easter for you all. Love the ship bubble blower, that caught my eye! Lol

Oh yes, I was keeping an eye on that too!
Thank you! The ship bubble blower is pretty cool and we thought it would be relatively easy for Peter to use ... and it was! First couple of times he tried sucking instead of blowing though - but then he got the hang of it .... until he tried to pour the entire content of his bubble solution bottle into the little tray and it went everywhere at least


Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Khaleesi View Post
Finally catching up after our trip!

It looks like the Easter Bunny(ies) spoiled Olivia and Peter rotten! And oh my goodness-will Olivia ever finish the 2lb bunny she won at the egg hunt? It took me two months to eat a chocolate frog from from WWoHP! I doubt I'd ever be able to finish that, let alone little Olivia!
Yes, the kids made out great, though we tried to not overdo it, not too many lose candies in there.

Judi's plan is to schedule a play date with other families/kids around eating the 2lb bunny so it won't just be up to Olivia


Quote:
Originally Posted by missangelalexis View Post
I think your plans are sounding really great!

Sounds like a great day seeing Disney Junior live! I'm glad it was all worth it

Cute Easter baskets, the photo of the 4 of you is lovely. Glad you had a great Easter!
Thanks - hopefully it works out. Also know that I need to show more flexibility than usual for this trip

Disney JR. Live was definitely worth it. Glad we decided to do it ... it was rather last minute of us with isn't the norm, but definitely happy we did it

Thank you! I am glad we got a nice family picture, although Judi commented that it looks like her ever-growing belly is crushing Olivia's head a bit
__________________
Me: DW: DD(5): DS(2): DD(4 months):


**In Progress** It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Disney World with a 1 month old - A Trip Report: 08/25-08-29/14
Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
TheMaxRebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 09:45 AM   #100
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran
 
TheMaxRebo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mahopac, NY
Posts: 2,922

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Love all the photos from your Easter celebration. It looks like it was a very nice day.
it was a nice day - got lucky with the weather as well. Easter last year it was not nearly as nice!


Quote:
Originally Posted by amberg93 View Post
It is basically the same thing. Besides, I got my pool bar on during the day, so I was good by the night time

Ahh thanks for clearing up the beer issue. At least you liked it and it wasn't gross.

Also great Easter pictures. And lucky Olivia for getting the golden egg. I hope she shared that giant chocolate bunny though
Ah, nothing better than a good pool bar. Place we went to for our honeymoon had one of those swim-up bars, we spent a good amount of time there!

Yeah, the beer was definitely not gross - though, not sure if I would have wanted more than the one. Generally enjoy it when my beer mostly tastes like beer (though the last beer I brewed I brewed with coriander and then fermented with cinnamon sticks, so I guess I like that sort of thing too )

Well, wasn't total luck with the Easter Bunny whispering to me the location She will definitely be sharing that bunny - she could barely hold it let alone eat it all!


Quote:
Originally Posted by poison ivy View Post
Happy Easter to you and your family. Looks like a great day! Thanks for sharing.

I've been enjoying reading all fun the events that have been happening as you get closer to your trip.

That Anna and Elsa meet and greet situation is crazy!!!

I think we adults get a little too caught up in not wanting to miss out on the action when something goes viral. And I'm not sure our kids would have really cared one way or the other, had we not made such a big deal about it and brought it to their attention.

I have been guilty myself and gotten up at many the unimaginable hour to do whatever it takes. But we all have to draw the line somewhere.
Thank you and hope your family had a nice day as well.

I fully agree that parents add to the hype and can feel like it is "the thing to do" and that they have to get involved to fully appreciate things or they would be missing out. I mean, I think it happened with the running of the bulls for Toy Story Mania as well ... word spread that that was what you had to do, so more people did it which meant it became more important that you did it so more people did it, etc.

Hopefully things calm down a bit by the time we go ... actually, as long as we can get a FP+ for it we shall be good! At least they added that as an option versus the only way to meet them being getting a pre-park opening ADR for Akershus or waiting for 4 hours
__________________
Me: DW: DD(5): DS(2): DD(4 months):


**In Progress** It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Disney World with a 1 month old - A Trip Report: 08/25-08-29/14
Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
TheMaxRebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 07:45 AM   #101
poison ivy
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,042

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaxRebo View Post

Thank you and hope your family had a nice day as well.

I fully agree that parents add to the hype and can feel like it is "the thing to do" and that they have to get involved to fully appreciate things or they would be missing out. I mean, I think it happened with the running of the bulls for Toy Story Mania as well ... word spread that that was what you had to do, so more people did it which meant it became more important that you did it so more people did it, etc.

Hopefully things calm down a bit by the time we go ... actually, as long as we can get a FP+ for it we shall be good! At least they added that as an option versus the only way to meet them being getting a pre-park opening ADR for Akershus or waiting for 4 hours
Well I am here to tell you that getting a FP+ should work out no problem. We're heading down for a last minute 3 day Star Wars whirlwind trip June 5-7. Booked two days ago.

Our MK day is thurs, June 5 and there is a long list of FP+ times to choose from for Elsa and Anna that day. So I am confident you will be able to secure something once the window opens up.

what's gone are all parades and fireworks.

I was even able to score dinner at BOG for 5:30pm that night if we wanted it - but my son is choosing to do lunch instead which has a crazy roundabout FP+ reservation system.

He booked the 3 of us using an online direct link he found thru Disney for it, that sends you NO Confirmation and has NO Listing anywhere once you complete the reservation.

It does not show up on My Disney Experience and if you call Tech Support they will tell you they can't view it in any system they have access to since it's strictly thru the MK's database. Disney Dining can't confirm it either.

All we can do is show up that morning and check once we're inside the park.
Should be fun.
poison ivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 09:58 AM   #102
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran
 
TheMaxRebo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mahopac, NY
Posts: 2,922

Quote:
Originally Posted by poison ivy View Post
Well I am here to tell you that getting a FP+ should work out no problem. We're heading down for a last minute 3 day Star Wars whirlwind trip June 5-7. Booked two days ago.

Our MK day is thurs, June 5 and there is a long list of FP+ times to choose from for Elsa and Anna that day. So I am confident you will be able to secure something once the window opens up.

what's gone are all parades and fireworks.

I was even able to score dinner at BOG for 5:30pm that night if we wanted it - but my son is choosing to do lunch instead which has a crazy roundabout FP+ reservation system.

He booked the 3 of us using an online direct link he found thru Disney for it, that sends you NO Confirmation and has NO Listing anywhere once you complete the reservation.

It does not show up on My Disney Experience and if you call Tech Support they will tell you they can't view it in any system they have access to since it's strictly thru the MK's database. Disney Dining can't confirm it either.

All we can do is show up that morning and check once we're inside the park.
Should be fun.
Ah, that is excellent that getting FP+ for Anna/Elsa isn't too bad .... that was my nightmare scenario to go online at midnight 60 days out and everything be gone so glad to hear not so crazy.

That's cool that you got BOG! I have still been checking periodically but I think if we don't get it that will be ok and I will try to do that FP for the lunch (I think they only make the timeslots available like around 45 days our or so

Enjoy your trip! Once my kids are a bit older and actually into Star Wars (Olivia is not into any movies that have any scary parts - and actually asked me if the Ewoks are good guys or bad guys) I am hoping to make it down for a Star Wars weekend. They look like fun! (though hard on your wallet with all the cool merchandise)
__________________
Me: DW: DD(5): DS(2): DD(4 months):


**In Progress** It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Disney World with a 1 month old - A Trip Report: 08/25-08-29/14
Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
TheMaxRebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 10:51 AM   #103
khaleesi
Life is a Special Occasion
 
khaleesi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 710

Great Easter pictures!!! And I vote for "good" parenting on the Cadbury egg front... I love those things!
__________________
In Progress: Episode MMXIV: We Don't Say Goodbye, We Say Kwaharini
Completed: Feb 2014 PTR: In the Game of Thrones, Princesses Always Win
My Blog * My Goodreads Profile * My Pinterest



Trying hard to figure out a way to get to The World in December 2015. Stay tuned!

Love and pixie dust,
Sue
khaleesi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 11:08 AM   #104
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

 
emmysmommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Near Disneyland
Posts: 4,962

Great family photo at Easter Phil. Peter was adorable in his little tie. Ahhh the Cadbury egg breakfast, done that.

That 2 lb chocolate bunny that Olivia found.... was she sharing that??
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 08:51 AM   #105
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran
 
TheMaxRebo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mahopac, NY
Posts: 2,922

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaleesi View Post
Great Easter pictures!!! And I vote for "good" parenting on the Cadbury egg front... I love those things!
Thank you! we figured if we kept it to just one candy item we were doing pretty well! The only issue with the creme eggs is sometimes Peter only eats like 1/2 of his and then we find it "somewhere" in the house


Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Great family photo at Easter Phil. Peter was adorable in his little tie. Ahhh the Cadbury egg breakfast, done that.

That 2 lb chocolate bunny that Olivia found.... was she sharing that??
Thank you! We love the little ties and formal wear for little boys, looks very cute.

So as far as the 2 lb bunny goes, Judi took it to the park yesterday for a "play date" with about 8 other kids, and they still only go through 1/2 of it
__________________
Me: DW: DD(5): DS(2): DD(4 months):


**In Progress** It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Disney World with a 1 month old - A Trip Report: 08/25-08-29/14
Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09

Last edited by TheMaxRebo; 04-29-2014 at 07:07 AM.
TheMaxRebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:52 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: