Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-13-2014, 11:41 AM   #76
poison ivy
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,020

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaxRebo View Post


Monday, August 25th - arrival day

I think the plans look great for this day. When are your tentative fp+ times?



Tuesday, August 26th


Love the plans! Tusker pre - AM will be such a nice walk into the park.
Dinner at O'hana is around first seating, which is good.

the fp + all sound pretty good. I'm assuming Dinosaur and Primeavil Whirl are out.
FoLK will probably be busy with the new theatre, and the FP+ may be a great benefit to guarantee a certain show time. 11 am used to be first show.

our challenge is always which direction to plan with Kali vs FoLK. The rapids was never open until 10 or 11. which conflicts with getting in the door for an early FoLK. So one of them always loses out with us.

If you take your time at breakfast, are you plans to hit safari, EE, Kali with an afternoon FoLK in that order?

I guess it depends on timing and how long your children's energy holds out with an early morning start.

I'll post later for the other two days but MK breakfast and dessert party look great so far.

good job on the dining reservations for this trip!

oh and great NYC writeup! I haven't been to a broadway show in several years and am due for a return. Reminded me of the time we took our kids to Beauty and the Beast on Broadway, which I'm sure is one reason they have always loved the theatre - (geez, my age is showing!!!)
poison ivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 09:20 AM   #77
Imagineer5
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: MA
Posts: 2,035

Great line up!! Use of FP+ depends so much on the park, as you can see - AK? Doesn't even really *need* them. Single rider lines are amazing. MK? Impossible to pick just 3! I am SO hoping they are adding on the extra ones once you use the first 3 and also add in park hopping ability. On my to-do list is to come up with what FP+ I want to do too!

I noticed your Dis meet for wednesday! Is that for me and Aria!! My plans currently are rope drop, LTT lunch and then we will be heading out on the monorail over to EPCOT during aria's nap around 1. So maybe we can plan to meet up at Dumbo or...TSI? Or someplace like that giving the kids a chance to run around. Your CRT breakfast will be so fun, will Olivia be dressing up as a princess?? I am hoping to try for Anna & Elsa FP's too!

Otherwise, looks like we don't cross paths the rest of the week! Though you are being smart and following the best days at each park and I am not! haha. that wasn't intentional, more just because I am trying to utilize my location when at BLT vs. AKV. My first day (24th) I plan to end the evening at the Top of the world lounge, I see you get there the 25th - I'll be at BLT 25,26,27 evenings so if you have a free evening and would like to watch Wishes from TotW let me know! Not sure if Aria will be up to staying up that late, so I might be putting her to "bed" in the stroller and heading up there, but if we were meeting up I bet she could stay awake by playing with your kids! (I am saying all this and not even sure if that is allowed to bring friends up there, but I bet it is?)
__________________
Imagineer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-14-2014, 12:29 PM   #78
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran
 
TheMaxRebo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mahopac, NY
Posts: 2,819

Quote:
Originally Posted by poison ivy View Post

Monday, August 25th - arrival day

I think the plans look great for this day. When are your tentative fp+ times?
Thanks - I am not sure what FP+ times we will wind up doing but not looking to schedule anything before like 3:30. I figure we will have about 1.5 hours before dinner and 1.5 hours in between dinner and Fantasmic! so will look to book at least one during each slot and then see about the third. Only one I really want to ensure we get booked is TSM - so will get that one set for one of the open slots and go from there.


Quote:
Originally Posted by poison ivy View Post
Tuesday, August 26th


Love the plans! Tusker pre - AM will be such a nice walk into the park.
Dinner at O'hana is around first seating, which is good.

the fp + all sound pretty good. I'm assuming Dinosaur and Primeavil Whirl are out.
FoLK will probably be busy with the new theatre, and the FP+ may be a great benefit to guarantee a certain show time. 11 am used to be first show.

our challenge is always which direction to plan with Kali vs FoLK. The rapids was never open until 10 or 11. which conflicts with getting in the door for an early FoLK. So one of them always loses out with us.

If you take your time at breakfast, are you plans to hit safari, EE, Kali with an afternoon FoLK in that order?

I guess it depends on timing and how long your children's energy holds out with an early morning start.
As far as Dinosour and PW - I think those are out only b/c not sure if anyone else in my family would ride those

I think we will aim to have the Safari FP+ for relatively early and then Kali for early afternoon (thinking, last ride before we leave) and then fit FOTLK (or Everest if Olivia will do it) for mid afternoon. But we shall see. Thinking we will want to fit in time for Olivia and Peter to run around the bone yard at some point and maybe do some characters ... possibly ride the train out to Rafiki's as Peter loves trains. Not sure what else.



Quote:
Originally Posted by poison ivy View Post
I'll post later for the other two days but MK breakfast and dessert party look great so far.

good job on the dining reservations for this trip!
Thanks for all your input, so definitely welcome additional thoughts

Tried to get a few new ADRs in for us and not go crazy with planning things. Still hopeful to get a dinner BOG one, but failing that will try to get a lunch FP+ for it



Quote:
Originally Posted by poison ivy View Post
oh and great NYC writeup! I haven't been to a broadway show in several years and am due for a return. Reminded me of the time we took our kids to Beauty and the Beast on Broadway, which I'm sure is one reason they have always loved the theatre - (geez, my age is showing!!!)
Thanks - we love going in to the City. We always take the kids around Christmas to see the tree, etc. and then usually a few other times. Hopefully my kids grow up with at least an appreciation of live theater
__________________
Me: DW: DD(5): DS(2): DD(3 months):


**In Progress** It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Disney World with a 1 month old - A Trip Report: 08/25-08-29/14
Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
TheMaxRebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 12:35 PM   #79
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran
 
TheMaxRebo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mahopac, NY
Posts: 2,819

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagineer5 View Post
Great line up!! Use of FP+ depends so much on the park, as you can see - AK? Doesn't even really *need* them. Single rider lines are amazing. MK? Impossible to pick just 3! I am SO hoping they are adding on the extra ones once you use the first 3 and also add in park hopping ability. On my to-do list is to come up with what FP+ I want to do too!
Thank you ... totally agree that it depends on the park - a million ways to go in MK and, especially with little kids, have to stretch to find uses in AK and DHS. Makes it even more frustrating to me that they felt the need to add FP+ to rides for which the queues can't really handle it efficiently (looking at you Pirates and HM)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagineer5 View Post
I noticed your Dis meet for wednesday! Is that for me and Aria!! My plans currently are rope drop, LTT lunch and then we will be heading out on the monorail over to EPCOT during aria's nap around 1. So maybe we can plan to meet up at Dumbo or...TSI? Or someplace like that giving the kids a chance to run around. Your CRT breakfast will be so fun, will Olivia be dressing up as a princess?? I am hoping to try for Anna & Elsa FP's too!

Otherwise, looks like we don't cross paths the rest of the week! Though you are being smart and following the best days at each park and I am not! haha. that wasn't intentional, more just because I am trying to utilize my location when at BLT vs. AKV. My first day (24th) I plan to end the evening at the Top of the world lounge, I see you get there the 25th - I'll be at BLT 25,26,27 evenings so if you have a free evening and would like to watch Wishes from TotW let me know! Not sure if Aria will be up to staying up that late, so I might be putting her to "bed" in the stroller and heading up there, but if we were meeting up I bet she could stay awake by playing with your kids! (I am saying all this and not even sure if that is allowed to bring friends up there, but I bet it is?)
Haha, yes I was thinking of you when I put the "tentative" DISmeet for the 27th ... does this count as officially asking you? I recalled that the 27th was the date in our plans that we both had as MK days so thought that would work. We will definitely be there in the morning so planning some time to meet at Dumbo could be good!

If things work out maybe the evening of the 26th ... we have an early-ish dinner at 'Ohana planned but maybe we could meet up after that too (if you can bring friends up) ... maybe even could give Judi a quiet night that evening and I could bring Peter and Olivia over? Just a thought
__________________
Me: DW: DD(5): DS(2): DD(3 months):


**In Progress** It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Disney World with a 1 month old - A Trip Report: 08/25-08-29/14
Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
TheMaxRebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 12:36 PM   #80
KatMark
DIS Veteran
 
KatMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 40,423

I like the plans. I am hoping they change the FP+ to four, etc., before we head out there at the end of May, but I'm not counting on it.

My only concern is your "watching Wishes" from the beach at the Poly. I don't know what it will look like by August. It was a mess in March. I posted pics on my TR. It was very sad to see all the trucks, etc., on the beach.
__________________
KatMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 02:00 PM   #81
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran
 
TheMaxRebo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mahopac, NY
Posts: 2,819

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I like the plans. I am hoping they change the FP+ to four, etc., before we head out there at the end of May, but I'm not counting on it.

My only concern is your "watching Wishes" from the beach at the Poly. I don't know what it will look like by August. It was a mess in March. I posted pics on my TR. It was very sad to see all the trucks, etc., on the beach.
Thanks for your thoughts! I do hope they roll out the changes to FP+ relatively soon - I would be hopeful they have them out by your trip as they would want some "testing" time before summer, I would think.

Thanks for the reminder about the construction at the Poly - and that may/will definitely impact our decision. To be honest that is definitely something I see us skipping - but we do love that view so my inclusion of it was probably more "wishful thinking" than reality
__________________
Me: DW: DD(5): DS(2): DD(3 months):


**In Progress** It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Disney World with a 1 month old - A Trip Report: 08/25-08-29/14
Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
TheMaxRebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 04:55 PM   #82
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran
 
TheMaxRebo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mahopac, NY
Posts: 2,819

Pre Trip Report: Part 10 - Disney Jr. Live: Princess and Pirate Adventure


Pre Trip Report: Part 10 - Disney Jr. Live: Princess and Pirate Adventure


This past Saturday we surprised Peter and Olivia with going to see Disney Jr. Live - Princess and Pirate Adventures!. And I really played it up telling Olivia for several days ahead that we had a surprise for them. We even got them new t-shirts just for the event ... ok, so maybe I was excited for this too.

Before I continue I will warn you all that we only had our cell phone cameras with us and our seats were under a bit of an overhang which messed with the lighting, etc. .... basically, please excuse my less than stellar photos


So we arrived at the Westchester County Center in White Plains, NY (after a slight detour to buy some diapers and wipes as we realized we forgot the diaper bag at home .. whoops!) and the giant banner hanging our front gave away what we were there for. The kids were pretty excited ... and excitedly practicing their AAAARRRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!




We then stopped at the souvenir stand for some overpriced, er, I mean wonder filled light up toys for the kids (seriously, each of these things was more than the tickets we got!) - but Olivia was happy to get a flashing Magic Amulet and Peter got a light up pirate sword (that also made a metal clanking noise when you pushed the button).

We then got some snacks (cotton candy and waters, along with some granola bars we brought with us), then found our seats and waited for the show to start:




and Peter practiced with his sword:





About 10 minutes before show time they have a little pre-show with Doc McStuffins which was pretty cute ... but mostly just to keep the kids from getting too rowdy before the show started.

Then the main show started as none other than Mickey and Minnie made there way out! I was actually pretty excited for this as the promotion for the event mentioned that Mickey and Minnie would sit this one out to watch the adventure so I thought they wouldn't be there at all - but the were and were used to kinda set up the show. They then "argued" (in song form of course) which were better - Princesses or Pirates!

This led to the first segment which was focused on Sophia the First. Which led to my major disappointment for the show - the fact that Tim Gunn was not there to play the role of Balliwick, whom he voices in the cartoon. But they had all the main characters and Olivia was very excited and kept pointing out everyone and what role they play on the show, etc.

At one point Sophia casts a spell to make the cupcakes supersized (and disaster ensues):




Fortunately, Cinderella shows up to teach a lesson on how princesses stick together or something or other:




After the conclusion of that story they had a fairly long intermission. When we returned, Mickey and Minnie set up the next part which was focussed on Jake and the Neverland Pirates.

This part all the kids in the crowd were really into and singing along with all the songs. Peter really loved this part and was just memorized by it. At one point they call Tinkerbell who helps them get Peter Pan who flies in and saves Jake. Hook then gets trapped by Tick-Toc Croc, but Jake and friends use their pixie dust and save Hook sending the message that heroes help anyone in need.




Afterwards, Mickey and Minnie returned to close the show with a song and dance number that featured all the main characters from the show:



They sang that song that goes "You can be ... who you want to be!" .... which I always add to with "as long as it's ... a pirate or a princess ... since that what we have all this stuff to sell you!"


In total, it was actually a pretty well put together show with some inventive sets, a ton of characters and moved a nice pace. And to see how much Olivia and Peter enjoyed it, it was totally worth the price. Honestly, I think the evening will be one of those memories that sticks with me fondly as they grow older.


Afterward we went across the street to the City Limits Diner for some late snack food - we got some mac & cheese, lobster wantons, zuchini fritters, and french fries. Kids got chocolate milk and I got a Brooklyn Brewery Black Chocolate Stout. Everything hit the spot and my beer tasted like Tootsie Rolls which was great as this was also my dessert!




TTFN
__________________
Me: DW: DD(5): DS(2): DD(3 months):


**In Progress** It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Disney World with a 1 month old - A Trip Report: 08/25-08-29/14
Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
TheMaxRebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 05:15 PM   #83
KatMark
DIS Veteran
 
KatMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 40,423

What a fun afternoon! I remember taking the kids to the circus or Disney on Ice and those souvenirs costing more than the tickets. You can tell your son was having a blast with that sword.
__________________
KatMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 12:44 PM   #84
Leshaface
DIS Veteran
 
Leshaface's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Central, CA
Posts: 5,035

Such a great review of Aladdin! Sounds like the three of you had a really nice time. Did Olivia enjoy it? I've only seen one broadway show and that was the Lion King back in 2001 in LA. I still remember it being the best thing i'd ever seen!

Your plans look great for your trip. Do you use easywdw to plan your park days? I completely forgot about FotLK being moved! Do you know when the move took place? I'm glad that I was able to catch it in October in the new theater then! Festival of Fantasy Parade?! Geez, i've been out of it for a while it seems..need to get it together before January.

So glad the kids enjoyed Disney Junior Live! That stout sounds delicious
__________________


DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC, Oct 14 CCI
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TR
Our First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Leshaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 01:27 PM   #85
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran
 
TheMaxRebo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mahopac, NY
Posts: 2,819

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
What a fun afternoon! I remember taking the kids to the circus or Disney on Ice and those souvenirs costing more than the tickets. You can tell your son was having a blast with that sword.
It was a fun time - it was a bit of a last minute thing so very glad the kids enjoyed it.

I went into it knowing a) the souvenirs would be expensive and b) I would let the kids each get one. Thankfully they were both good about not wanting more than one thing


Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
Such a great review of Aladdin! Sounds like the three of you had a really nice time. Did Olivia enjoy it? I've only seen one broadway show and that was the Lion King back in 2001 in LA. I still remember it being the best thing i'd ever seen!
I think Olivia did enjoy it - right after she said she only liked parts of it (I think in the moment she gets fixated on the scary parts and that makes her think she didn't like the whole thing .... heck she said he didn't really like Frozen right after we saw it for the first time and now she loves it)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
Your plans look great for your trip. Do you use easywdw to plan your park days? I completely forgot about FotLK being moved! Do you know when the move took place? I'm glad that I was able to catch it in October in the new theater then! Festival of Fantasy Parade?! Geez, i've been out of it for a while it seems..need to get it together before January.
I used a couple of sites as far as crowd calendars go, including easywdw to help plan what days to go to what parks. Beyond that the main planning resource I have used in the thread on the disboards that goes over priorities for FP+ in each park, etc. that I found super helpful.

So, the last performance of FOTLK in it's original location was back in January. The new Theater is still being built (behind Tusker House) with an expected opening in June or July (though some reports have it potentially being sooner)

If you haven't seen the Festival of Fantasy Parade - check it out! (unless you want to be surprised). It is really cool with a bunch of new and very cool floats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
So glad the kids enjoyed Disney Junior Live! That stout sounds delicious
The kids really, really enjoyed it ... very fun to experience it with them. The stout was very good - though, one was enough for me as it wasn't beery enough for me
__________________
Me: DW: DD(5): DS(2): DD(3 months):


**In Progress** It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Disney World with a 1 month old - A Trip Report: 08/25-08-29/14
Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
TheMaxRebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 07:54 AM   #86
Imagineer5
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: MA
Posts: 2,035

Aww sounds like such a fun time with the kids!! Wish we weren't missing it, but I guess Disneyland will just have to do...

OK so i posted about it in the DVC group without much help, so I called BLT and the CM I spoke with said that when I check in, my Magic Band will be given access to the lounge (I was worried about this - in the past I have been given a KTTW card which states "DVC member" even if I was renting points and I always just showed that to get up to the lounge! She then said that yes, i can bring up guests. So, my plan is the 1st night I am there I'll head up to the lounge and check to be sure my Magic band lets me up (without showing a DVC member card) and also ask about bringing guests up.

Maybe we can exchange cell #'s? The 26th would be perfect to meet up! I'd love to meet Judi and the new little one too, but if she would like a night to relax that would work too! I can let you know on the evening of the 24th how it works out. If for some reason they don't allow me up to the lounge without a membership card, then maybe we can plan a meetup for the Poly or someplace like that and see Wishes from there. -let the kids play in the sand!
__________________
Imagineer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 01:17 PM   #87
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran
 
TheMaxRebo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mahopac, NY
Posts: 2,819

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagineer5 View Post
Aww sounds like such a fun time with the kids!! Wish we weren't missing it, but I guess Disneyland will just have to do...

OK so i posted about it in the DVC group without much help, so I called BLT and the CM I spoke with said that when I check in, my Magic Band will be given access to the lounge (I was worried about this - in the past I have been given a KTTW card which states "DVC member" even if I was renting points and I always just showed that to get up to the lounge! She then said that yes, i can bring up guests. So, my plan is the 1st night I am there I'll head up to the lounge and check to be sure my Magic band lets me up (without showing a DVC member card) and also ask about bringing guests up.

Maybe we can exchange cell #'s? The 26th would be perfect to meet up! I'd love to meet Judi and the new little one too, but if she would like a night to relax that would work too! I can let you know on the evening of the 24th how it works out. If for some reason they don't allow me up to the lounge without a membership card, then maybe we can plan a meetup for the Poly or someplace like that and see Wishes from there. -let the kids play in the sand!
Yeah, I suppose Disneyland can work as a 2nd rate substitute

Thanks for looking into BLT, etc. and so much for offering. I sent you a PM with some more info and my cell #
__________________
Me: DW: DD(5): DS(2): DD(3 months):


**In Progress** It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Disney World with a 1 month old - A Trip Report: 08/25-08-29/14
Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
TheMaxRebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 09:22 AM   #88
teekathepony
DIS Veteran
 
teekathepony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Cape Breton, NS
Posts: 4,526

The Disney Jr. Live looks like such a great show! The kids look like they had a great time, love the pic of the two of them on the steps in front of the banner. Dinner after looks really good too. Beer that tastes like tootsie rolls? Well I'm intrigued!
teekathepony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 11:53 AM   #89
amberg93
DIS Veteran
 
amberg93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: St-Jean, Quebec
Posts: 691

Looks like you had a great time at the show! I watched a lot of Sofia in Mexico instead of going out and partying, so it grew on me

But it does seem like it would be a great memory for both you and the kids to have. And way to be great parents and get them the light up things, my mom would have told me that I didn't really need it :P So A+ parenting.

Also, late night snack foods are the best. Though how did your beer end up tasting like a tootsie roll exactly?
__________________
Married to the ever lovely Marielightning
November 2012 - Port Orleans French Quarter "Fine! We can go to Disney, but I'm not happy about it!" First Trip + MVMCP
October 2013 - All Star Music PTR "It's So Much Fun Not Knowing Where We're Goin" Post-Chemo + MNSSHP
May 2014 - All Star Sports PTR "I bet they get Charmin" Girls Trip **In progress**
September 2014 - All Star Movies + Port Orleans French Quarter "A for effort, C for execution." MNSSHP + F&W *In progress*
amberg93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 12:11 PM   #90
khaleesi
Life is a Special Occasion
 
khaleesi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 697

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaxRebo View Post
Plus, if you aren't picky about which show to see, there are tons of ways to get reasonably priced tickets to various shows that are playing.
Good to know!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaxRebo View Post
... of course this is all new thinking as the recent announced change allowing a "rolling 4th FP+" as well as park hopping changes some of my initial thoughts.
How long was I asleep?! This is the first I've heard of this. Interesting!! Your plans sound fun!! And YAY to Tusker House breakfast!!! Definitely one of my favorite things from my trip!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaxRebo View Post
At one point Sophia casts a spell to make the cupcakes supersized (and disaster ensues):
Supersize cupcakes sounds pretty amazing to me. I can't possibly imagine where the disaster comes in. Haha.

Looks like a fun afternoon!!! I adore Sophia.

Hope your wife is feeling good!!
__________________
In Progress: Episode MMXIV: We Don't Say Goodbye, We Say Kwaharini
Completed: Feb 2014 PTR: In the Game of Thrones, Princesses Always Win
My Blog * My Goodreads Profile * My Pinterest



Trying hard to figure out a way to get to The World in December 2015. Stay tuned!

Love and pixie dust,
Sue
khaleesi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:06 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: