Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2014, 10:41 PM   #31
guinness408
Mouseketeer

Beautiful name! Congrats on your new princess to be!

guinness408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 09:18 AM   #32
poison ivy
DIS Veteran

Checking in to say hello. I'm just wrapping up your trip report. Love that cars land race set you bought you son for Christmas and have finally figured out how/where to get this for my grandson.

So thank you for that video!

Congratulations on your new baby girl. I wish you all the best.

Glad to hear you are planning another trip. Believe it or not, I'm psuedo at the world that same week w/ 2 nts midweek at the Marriott world center for a convention. Can't decide which side of that week to tack on a Disney stay.

Love your dining plans so far. In all my years of Disney, I have yet to do a MK breakfast pre-opening and really appreciated your review of the crystal palace. (I was bummed when we had to cancel an 8am at the CP last oct. Just couldn't rouse the group out of the treehouse that early!)

Regarding the royal guest rooms vs contemporary. That's a tough call.
We've done both. We had the garden wing at the Contemporary and I never cared for it. I personally loved the royal rooms. Also the BLT pool can be unforgiving in the hot sun. Not sure about the main pool at the Contemporary.

Of course so much depends on your touring plans and transportation needs.
Especially with 3 young children in tow. Convenience is key!!

can't wait to hear more.
poison ivy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-17-2014, 10:22 AM   #33
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie170 View Post
Lovely name! I love how she'll have her own magic band, too!
Thank you! .... it is kinda funny that she will have a band, and even Peter, despite that they don't need tickets or anything. At the very least it is a "free" souvenir

Quote:
Originally Posted by guinness408 View Post
Beautiful name! Congrats on your new princess to be!
Thank you on both counts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poison ivy View Post
Checking in to say hello. I'm just wrapping up your trip report. Love that cars land race set you bought you son for Christmas and have finally figured out how/where to get this for my grandson.

So thank you for that video!

Congratulations on your new baby girl. I wish you all the best.

Glad to hear you are planning another trip. Believe it or not, I'm psuedo at the world that same week w/ 2 nts midweek at the Marriott world center for a convention. Can't decide which side of that week to tack on a Disney stay.

Love your dining plans so far. In all my years of Disney, I have yet to do a MK breakfast pre-opening and really appreciated your review of the crystal palace. (I was bummed when we had to cancel an 8am at the CP last oct. Just couldn't rouse the group out of the treehouse that early!)

Regarding the royal guest rooms vs contemporary. That's a tough call.
We've done both. We had the garden wing at the Contemporary and I never cared for it. I personally loved the royal rooms. Also the BLT pool can be unforgiving in the hot sun. Not sure about the main pool at the Contemporary.

Of course so much depends on your touring plans and transportation needs.
Especially with 3 young children in tow. Convenience is key!!

can't wait to hear more.
Welcome and thank you! Keep me posted on your touring plans!

We love the pre-park opening ADRs and I think will help a lot in trying to do a bit in the morning and allowing for a sizable break in the middle of the day - plus we love the photo opportunities at that time in the morning with next to no one around (course, who knows what the Hub construction will make photo backgrounds look like come August)

I very much appreciate your thoughts on resorts. I think all things being equal we would stay with the POR Royal Room - but the thought of being that close to MK and being on a monorail line with the 3 kids and at least one stroller, etc. is very tempting. But I know at times the resort Monorail doesn't run so that removes that benefit and if we stayed at the Contemporary we probably would want to be in the main tower potentially with MK views (so we can relax but still be "there") but then even with the discounts it's still pretty pricey so just trying to determine if it would be worth it

**In Progress** It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Disney World with a 1 month old - A Trip Report: 08/25-08-29/14
Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
TheMaxRebo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 01:11 PM   #34
missangelalexis
DIS Veteran

Beautiful name! And hooray for a discount!
"Smile like you're massaging my feet!" A Nov '14 TR!

WDW Visits: 1993, 1997
Disneyland/California Adventure Visit: 6/26/12
Pop Century with DBF: 1/4/13-1/12/13 - MNSSHP/F&W trip with Mom & Dad: 10/5/13-10/12/13 - An Early Christmas with Mom & Dad: 11/8/14-11/15/14
missangelalexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 11:54 AM   #35
Imagineer5
DIS Veteran

Just perused through the PTR! Yes, we are at MK the same day!! yay! We will def have to meet up. I also peeked at your October 2013 TR and can't believe the similarities - you stayed at Silver Lake? Which is where i stayed last August, then you got the AP for TiW and enjoyed a dinner at V&A (we are doing this in october 2014) and then you mention military salute tickets (I work for the navy). LOL! I'm sure there are more. But anyway, can't wait to read more and congrats again on the new little girl!
Old 03-18-2014, 01:04 PM   #36
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Such a darling name, Emma!

And looking forward to seeing Olivia and Peter in their Frozen costumes

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC, Oct 14 CCI
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TR
Our First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Leshaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 03:20 PM   #37
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by missangelalexis View Post
Beautiful name! And hooray for a discount!
Thank you! And discounts (especially where a Disney vacation is concerned) are always good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagineer5 View Post
Just perused through the PTR! Yes, we are at MK the same day!! yay! We will def have to meet up. I also peeked at your October 2013 TR and can't believe the similarities - you stayed at Silver Lake? Which is where i stayed last August, then you got the AP for TiW and enjoyed a dinner at V&A (we are doing this in october 2014) and then you mention military salute tickets (I work for the navy). LOL! I'm sure there are more. But anyway, can't wait to read more and congrats again on the new little girl!
Yes - definitely will have to figure out where to meet up - either at MK that day or some other time. That's funny that we have these similarities. We enjoyed Silver Lake especially the location.

I am sure you will love V&A - just a great escape from everything and lovely to spend 4 hours not thinking about anything other than eating and conversing.

Cool that you work for the Nave - that is the branch Judi's father worked for... he was a LT Commander and was on submarines

Thanks again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
Such a darling name, Emma!

And looking forward to seeing Olivia and Peter in their Frozen costumes
Thank you! It is definitely been super Frozen themed at our house. Recently got a Chromecast so the kids have been bugging me to stream youtube of bits from Frozen and Meet & Greets with Anna & Elsa and stuff. Plus the Blue Ray of the movie got delivered today and I managed to find a place with 2 Elsa dolls (Olivia got one and we are giving the other to Tara for her birthday). Will definitely post pictures!

**In Progress** It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Disney World with a 1 month old - A Trip Report: 08/25-08-29/14
Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
Old 03-19-2014, 05:34 PM   #38
middlesista
Mouseketeer

I hear you about the Polynesian. With our bounce back we were thinking of staying at the Polynesian this fall- have loved that resort but have not been back for a stay for a long, long time. The construction made us change our mind.

With a young family, I think it is about what works best, especially in the heat of the summer. Returning to the resort in the afternoon worked really well for us when our children were young and we were fortunate to have stayed at the Polynesian which was just a monorail ride away from the MK which is where we seemed to be the majority of time. Then again - way back when there was not as many theme parks

No doubt it will all work out - things usually do when at Disney!

Me DH DD DSIL DGD(5yr) DGD(2yr)

1975 OS 1978 DL 1986, 1988, 1990, 1995 Poly 2000 CBR2002, 2003 OS 2012, 2014 POFQ
middlesista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 08:53 AM   #39
khaleesi
Life is a Special Occasion

I love the name Emma

And YAY for discounts!!!!

Trying hard to figure out a way to get to The World in December 2015. Stay tuned!

Love and pixie dust,
Sue
khaleesi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 09:17 AM   #40
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by middlesista View Post
I hear you about the Polynesian. With our bounce back we were thinking of staying at the Polynesian this fall- have loved that resort but have not been back for a stay for a long, long time. The construction made us change our mind.

With a young family, I think it is about what works best, especially in the heat of the summer. Returning to the resort in the afternoon worked really well for us when our children were young and we were fortunate to have stayed at the Polynesian which was just a monorail ride away from the MK which is where we seemed to be the majority of time. Then again - way back when there was not as many theme parks

No doubt it will all work out - things usually do when at Disney!

Thank you for your input ... I think if the Poly was not under construction we would go that direction but if it is going to be a mess and there is no pool right there and the monorail might not be running like normal, just doesn't seem worth it. The idea of the Contemporary sounds great - especially if we can get an MK view - just trying to see if the cost is worth it since even with the discount it is a bit more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaleesi View Post
I love the name Emma

And YAY for discounts!!!!
Thank you - we like it too

and definitely, Yeah for discounts!!!!

Old 03-23-2014, 09:30 AM   #41
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

Pre Trip Report: Part 6 - Frozen party clothes

[COLOR="Navy"]
Pre Trip Report: Part 6 - Frozen party clothes

Not sure if this really qualified as part of a Pre-Trip Report update - but I justified it to myself given the fact I am sure these clothes will make it down with us come August

Yesterday, Olivia had a birthday party to attend (actually, it was for Tara's birthday - for those of you that read my last trip report she was with us on that trip with her family). Not surprisingly, the theme of said party was Frozen... and people were encouraged to dress up. Which is awesome since it is sooooo easy to find Frozen costumes/dolls/anything

Fortunately I was able to find a toddler Elsa doll online with not too much of a mark-up for Olivia to give Tara and also got an Elsa inspired dress off of Etsy for Olivia to wear. We were super happy with the quality of the construction and it looked great - and considering that it was a reasonable price to boot! We figured we should get something for Peter so we got him an Olaf shirt.

Couple of pictures from the photo session I held with this kids:

Kids together:

Olivia modeling the dress/showing off her curtsy prowess:

Close-up of Peter's shirt

Olivia had a blast at the party - Tara's mother was super creative with the activities including a Nock-Down the Snow Monster game (made our of marshmallows)

TTFN!

Old 03-24-2014, 04:33 PM   #42
missangelalexis
DIS Veteran

Love the outfits!!
"Smile like you're massaging my feet!" A Nov '14 TR!

WDW Visits: 1993, 1997
Disneyland/California Adventure Visit: 6/26/12
Pop Century with DBF: 1/4/13-1/12/13 - MNSSHP/F&W trip with Mom & Dad: 10/5/13-10/12/13 - An Early Christmas with Mom & Dad: 11/8/14-11/15/14
missangelalexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 08:34 AM   #43
Imagineer5
DIS Veteran

Adorable! The Elsa dress is gorgeous!! And love the olaf shirt too! What a fun party! I have been working on acquiring Frozen stuff for Aria's easter basket, not an easy task!!
Old 03-26-2014, 12:51 AM   #44
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Oh goodness, so cute! The dress is fabulous and I love Peter's shirt! I just got the Blu-ray in today and we're going to hopefully watch it tomorrow night. Very excited to see what all the hype is about.

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC, Oct 14 CCI
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TR
Our First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Leshaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 03:36 PM   #45
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by missangelalexis View Post
Love the outfits!!
Thanks! - we were very happy with both (we got both off of Etsy and both are of high quality)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagineer5 View Post
Adorable! The Elsa dress is gorgeous!! And love the olaf shirt too! What a fun party! I have been working on acquiring Frozen stuff for Aria's easter basket, not an easy task!!
Thank you - very happy with the dress! Tara's mom had so much trouble finding Frozen stuff for the party but she got lucky at a Party City arriving right as they were stocking the shelves one day. She looked on eBay and people wanted $50 for one pack of paper napkins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
Oh goodness, so cute! The dress is fabulous and I love Peter's shirt! I just got the Blu-ray in today and we're going to hopefully watch it tomorrow night. Very excited to see what all the hype is about.
Thank you! You guys will love the movie - I think of the recent Disney animated movies one of the most balanced as far as action and drama and comedy. And being constructed (and starring) basically a Broadway team the music is great and really adds to the film.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: