Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2014, 09:01 PM   #151
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaxRebo View Post
Wow - thanks! Glad you are here! That's so funny that we are two towns over but "meet" in a pre-trip report. We live on the western edge of Mahopac near the Taconic Parkway ... right up the road from Holy Smoke bar-b-q if you know where that is.

Hope that you get the Aladdin tickets for your birthday - we definitely enjoyed it! I think that is now becoming one of my bigger worries - that in the future we won't be able to "slum it" at a moderate anymore. Though, I guess if that is my biggest problem my life is pretty darn good
Yup, we've been to Holy Smokes a few times over the years! Too funny!

I LOVE the alphabet photo montage idea! A video sounds great, too-- the best ones I've seen on YouTube capture peoples'/kids' reactions to things like Wishes, a ride, etc. Photos are awesome but video is way much dynamic/obviously captures a lot more!
klacey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 09:41 PM   #152
Arden01
Mouseketeer

Hello - I am now following your PTR because we'll be at WDW the same time as you and it looks like we have some of the same park days and ADR's! So, I'm sure we'll bump into you and your family multiple times. It will be me, DH, and twin DD's (age 9). We also live outside of NYC, but in NJ. We try to take our girls as much as we can to B'way too. Hoping for Aladdin this summer or fall. This is our very first trip to WDW.

These are the park days/ADR's that coincide with yours-
Mon, 8/25: HK afternoon and 5:30 ADR HBD for Fantasmic
Tues, 8/26: AK 8:10 ADR Tusker House
Wed, 8/27: MK 8:25 ADR CP (I know you have CRT). Hoping for an Anna and Elsa FP too for my Frozen obsessed daughters!
We arrive on 8/21 and will be leaving the evening of 8/27. Staying at BC.

Anyway, hope to run into you and your family
Arden01 is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-20-2014, 11:23 PM   #153
Dugette
DIS Veteran

The videos are a lot of fun to go back and watch, plus they can help jog your memory while doing the TR. Probably my favorite thing we did with video was turn our December 2010 clips into movie trailers (using iMovie's templates). They're kind-of hilarious (you can find them in my TR, if you're bored). Cool idea on the letters. I'm too tired to think of ideas tonight, but sounds like you've got a lot of good ones.
Dec. 10-19, 2010: Poly Club! ("How the Other Half Lives") | Nov. 10-14, 2010: Pop/BCV ("100 Eats & Drinks in 3.5 Days!")
Aug. 20-22, 2010: ASMu ("The Last-Minute Super-Bargain Bonus Trip") | June 3-7, 2010: Pop/AKL ("Star Wars Nightastically Delicious!")
Jan. 16-25, 2010: Poly/WL/POR ("The Magic and The Misery") | Sept. 9-14, 2009: Pop Century ("The Prequel") | March 10-17, 1990: Offsite ("A Disney Walk Back in Time...on Four Paws")

Dugette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 09:19 AM   #154
missangelalexis
DIS Veteran

That is such a cool idea, love it!!
"Smile like you're massaging my feet!" A Nov '14 TR!

WDW Visits: 1993, 1997
Disneyland/California Adventure Visit: 6/26/12
Pop Century with DBF: 1/4/13-1/12/13 - MNSSHP/F&W trip with Mom & Dad: 10/5/13-10/12/13 - An Early Christmas with Mom & Dad: 11/8/14-11/15/14
missangelalexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 09:43 AM   #155
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
Cool idea!

A- Alice in Wonderland
M- Monsters Inc
S-Sulley
T - Three Caballeros

I was thinking "Good Life" by One Republic would be an awesome song (since they used that song in Disney commercials) but you would have to get the edited version
Thank you - and thanks for the suggestions. Alice is a great one as are the Three Cabaleros since we always hit up Mexican It's a Small World!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
Yup, we've been to Holy Smokes a few times over the years! Too funny!

I LOVE the alphabet photo montage idea! A video sounds great, too-- the best ones I've seen on YouTube capture peoples'/kids' reactions to things like Wishes, a ride, etc. Photos are awesome but video is way much dynamic/obviously captures a lot more!
It is a small world after all, isn't it!

Thank you. We do put together a photo collage after each trip but would like to try a video as well just to see how it comes out and if it is worth the effort

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dugette View Post
The videos are a lot of fun to go back and watch, plus they can help jog your memory while doing the TR. Probably my favorite thing we did with video was turn our December 2010 clips into movie trailers (using iMovie's templates). They're kind-of hilarious (you can find them in my TR, if you're bored). Cool idea on the letters. I'm too tired to think of ideas tonight, but sounds like you've got a lot of good ones.
Thanks - and good point about helping out with writing the TR - otherwise I wind up taking pictures of things just to have it in order where we went, etc.

That sounds like a fun idea to make the movie trailers! Picturing a lot of them starting with a deep voice that says "In a world ....."

**In Progress** It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Disney World with a 1 month old - A Trip Report: 08/25-08-29/14
Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
TheMaxRebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 11:55 AM   #156
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arden01 View Post
Hello - I am now following your PTR because we'll be at WDW the same time as you and it looks like we have some of the same park days and ADR's! So, I'm sure we'll bump into you and your family multiple times. It will be me, DH, and twin DD's (age 9). We also live outside of NYC, but in NJ. We try to take our girls as much as we can to B'way too. Hoping for Aladdin this summer or fall. This is our very first trip to WDW.

These are the park days/ADR's that coincide with yours-
Mon, 8/25: HK afternoon and 5:30 ADR HBD for Fantasmic
Tues, 8/26: AK 8:10 ADR Tusker House
Wed, 8/27: MK 8:25 ADR CP (I know you have CRT). Hoping for an Anna and Elsa FP too for my Frozen obsessed daughters!
We arrive on 8/21 and will be leaving the evening of 8/27. Staying at BC.

Anyway, hope to run into you and your family
Welcome and thanks! And Congrats on your first trip to The World!

Very cool that our trips overlap and even the parks/meals so much! It would be great to Meet up at some point! I am sure Olivia would love to meet your daughters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by missangelalexis View Post
That is such a cool idea, love it!!
Thanks Alexis! Hopefully it actually works out

**In Progress** It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Disney World with a 1 month old - A Trip Report: 08/25-08-29/14
Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
Old 05-21-2014, 04:25 PM   #157
amberg93
DIS Veteran

Ooh Contemporary upgrade! Jealous. Though I can't be too jealous right now since Marie and I might be heading up to a Deluxe for September(? It's up in the air right now so I don't want to jinx it by saying that it'll for sure happen).

The alphabet is a great idea. If you're missing anything obvious that hasn't been pointed out I'm missing it right now too :P

As for the video it's a great idea. Sometimes I just turned on the camera and recorded last week, just random things with no consequence even and I love the videos already. I've got one of everyone at a dinner reservation, a couple from waiting in line, etc. Just doing normal conversations (plus on improv-musical from Veronica and Merrranda that is A+ work) that I'm glad that I recorded because there are some gems in there. But the question thing is a good idea too, it could give a launching point.
May 2014 - All Star Sports PTR "I bet they get Charmin" Girls Trip **In progress**
September 2014 - All Star Movies + Port Orleans French Quarter "A for effort, C for execution." MNSSHP + F&W *In progress*
amberg93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 09:57 PM   #158
Arden01
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=TheMaxRebo;51484255]Welcome and thanks! And Congrats on your first trip to The World!

Very cool that our trips overlap and even the parks/meals so much! It would be great to Meet up at some point! I am sure Olivia would love to meet your daughters!

Absolutely! PM me if you are ever heading into the city on a weekend and maybe our girls can meet before WDW. If not, we'll definitely have to meet you when we are there. Even though I've been doing a ton of research, it's still our first trip and we'll need all the advice we can! Very excited!
Arden01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 10:59 AM   #159
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberg93 View Post
Ooh Contemporary upgrade! Jealous. Though I can't be too jealous right now since Marie and I might be heading up to a Deluxe for September(? It's up in the air right now so I don't want to jinx it by saying that it'll for sure happen).
ooh, very exciting! (*and I did knock on wood when I typed that*)

I hope it works out Amber!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberg93 View Post
The alphabet is a great idea. If you're missing anything obvious that hasn't been pointed out I'm missing it right now too :P

As for the video it's a great idea. Sometimes I just turned on the camera and recorded last week, just random things with no consequence even and I love the videos already. I've got one of everyone at a dinner reservation, a couple from waiting in line, etc. Just doing normal conversations (plus on improv-musical from Veronica and Merrranda that is A+ work) that I'm glad that I recorded because there are some gems in there. But the question thing is a good idea too, it could give a launching point.
Thanks for the thoughts - and I think just capturing some regular conversation will be great too - little kids say some funny things completely on accident at times

Old 05-22-2014, 11:53 AM   #160
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arden01 View Post
Absolutely! PM me if you are ever heading into the city on a weekend and maybe our girls can meet before WDW. If not, we'll definitely have to meet you when we are there. Even though I've been doing a ton of research, it's still our first trip and we'll need all the advice we can! Very excited!
Sounds great ... definitely open to any questions you may have. Also happy to share my planning spreadsheets if that would be of help!

Old 05-22-2014, 01:42 PM   #161
Villainess
Fantasy and reality often overlap - Walt Disney

Joining in!

Yeah! I love CR - when I was young, my parents and I stayed there with a MK view - it was magical and both Peter and Olivia I'm sure will love it!

Congrats on baby Emma - I hope mom-to-be is doing well!

I've never done an edited video either; have stuck to photos and montages set to music, but after watching the video Fantasyland_Mom's DH put together, I'm pondering if I could whip something up 1/2 as good. If you haven't seen it - take a look.

Villainess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 05:26 PM   #162
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villainess
Joining in!

Yeah! I love CR - when I was young, my parents and I stayed there with a MK view - it was magical and both Peter and Olivia I'm sure will love it!

Congrats on baby Emma - I hope mom-to-be is doing well!

I've never done an edited video either; have stuck to photos and montages set to music, but after watching the video Fantasyland_Mom's DH put together, I'm pondering if I could whip something up 1/2 as good. If you haven't seen it - take a look.
Welcome and thanks for joining!

Thank you for asking - Judi is doing quite well. Recently passed her glucose test, which she was happy about.

Thanks for the link - very aware of Jenn's videos, they do a great job! Loved her previous one too - especially the part focussed on the Poly with the song from Lilo and Stitch in the background!

Old 05-24-2014, 09:43 AM   #163
khaleesi
Life is a Special Occasion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaxRebo View Post
Using that song is a great idea ... only thing is, that is the song I used the last time behind the photo montage

http://youtu.be/rkE9yLEcW40

Thanks for sharing that!!! That song makes me so freaking happy!

I LOVE the alphabet idea!! Really cool!!

Trying hard to figure out a way to get to The World in December 2015. Stay tuned!

Love and pixie dust,
Sue
khaleesi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 08:14 AM   #164
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaleesi View Post
Thanks for sharing that!!! That song makes me so freaking happy!

I LOVE the alphabet idea!! Really cool!!
thanks! I love that song too - as do my kids ... especially the "whoo - hoooo" part

Glad you like the idea -> I've actually started to work on it, just to see if it is possible and I think it will work out well! Challenge will be getting enough Q and X related images. Thinking for at least those I will also just look for letters on signs (like taking the "X" from the "Here you exit .... " sign)

Old 05-26-2014, 01:55 PM   #165
annie170
Mouseketeer

Congrats on the Contemporary upgrade! That will be so convenient for you and your family!

Love your alphabet photo idea!
annie170 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: