Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2014, 04:16 PM   #496
kirstie101
DIS Veteran

If anyone knows where I can get a 5K bib let me know!

Kirsten
kirstie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 03:07 PM   #497
frisbeego
Mouseketeer

Deadline to be in corral

Do Disneyland races have a cut-off or suggested time by which you need to be in your corral?

The only runDisney races I've done have been at WDW. I'm all too familiar with when I need to be on the bus, etc. in Florida.

I've looked at official event guides from several Disneyland races, and they appear to be silent on the issue. Can I really just walk into my corral at 5:29? (My placement within the corral is unimportant to me.)

I ask because I need to hire a professional babysitter, and I wonder what time I need to tell them.
frisbeego is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-23-2014, 04:24 PM   #498
oohykitten
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by frisbeego View Post
Do Disneyland races have a cut-off or suggested time by which you need to be in your corral?

The only runDisney races I've done have been at WDW. I'm all too familiar with when I need to be on the bus, etc. in Florida.

I've looked at official event guides from several Disneyland races, and they appear to be silent on the issue. Can I really just walk into my corral at 5:29? (My placement within the corral is unimportant to me.)

I ask because I need to hire a professional babysitter, and I wonder what time I need to tell them.
I left my watch in the hotel at Tink and NEEDED it. (first timer and worried about the sweep). I got there with about 30 mins to spare and it was a tad chaotic trying to get to my mid-corral. Id say if your in one of the first corrals it MIGHT be an issue getting there later then an hour before but if your OK starting at the end I can see you being able to start at the end of the last corral with no issue.
oohykitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 09:16 PM   #499
Padstack
DIS Veteran

I'm not sure if I'm staying at a hotel or driving down the morning of the race. Does anyone know what time the parking structure opens for race parking?
Padstack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 07:39 PM   #500
SultanPprShkr
Look good up close, better from Jafar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padstack View Post
I'm not sure if I'm staying at a hotel or driving down the morning of the race. Does anyone know what time the parking structure opens for race parking?
parking structure is pretty much 24 hours as there are 3rd shift CMs that park there, as well as volunteers that park in the same lot too. if you come early enough, you won't be charged $17 to park and you'll get a volunteer parking pass,
runDisney upcoming: Avengers 5k & Half '14, Star Wars Rebel Challenge '15
JAFAR | World Of Color | IG @sultanpprshkr
SultanPprShkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 09:19 AM   #501
miker1251
If you can dream it, you can do it.

I was just checking the USATF site to see if the 5K route was posted. I noticed the Avengers Half map has been taken down. Not sure as to the reason.
Old 08-27-2014, 02:30 PM   #502
TJCyclone
Earning My Ears

Smile looking for bibs

Hi, I would really love to run the 5k with my son if anyone has a couple of 5k bibs they want to sell. And I would buy a half marathon bib that needs a new home as well! Thanks.
TJCyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 03:34 PM   #503
aubs42
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by miker1251 View Post
I was just checking the USATF site to see if the 5K route was posted. I noticed the Avengers Half map has been taken down. Not sure as to the reason.
For some reason it now shows under inactive. It shows as expired.
aubs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 07:01 AM   #504
miker1251
If you can dream it, you can do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubs42 View Post
For some reason it now shows under inactive. It shows as expired.
The explanation given is "The course has physically changed,is unusable as certified."
Old 08-28-2014, 11:35 AM   #505
StarGirl11
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by miker1251 View Post
The explanation given is "The course has physically changed,is unusable as certified."
-scratches head- Wonder what they mean by that? Does that mean DL decided to alter the course before finalizing it again? If that's the case I'm now curious to see what it's going to look like.

Wonder if someone decided the Lewis hill was too narrow (drove it the other day it's not particularly narrow it's just not as wide as the Ball hill but they might need to keep half of it open to traffic so if that's the case then it becomes a lot more narrow) or something. Or maybe it has something to do with the park? I mean were spending quiet a bit of time running backstage it feels like.

Finished RunDisney Races: Princess 2012, Tinkerbell 2012-2014, Disneyland Half 2011-2012, Dumbo Double Dare 2013-2014, Wine and Dine 2013-2014, Avengers 2014, Disneyland 5k 2012 & 2014, WDW 5k 2012
Finished Races: Nike Women's Half Marathon 2012, San Francisco Half Marathon 2012, San Francisco Marathon 2011, Downhill at Dawn Half Marathon 2011, Santa Anita Derby 5k 2011-2014, Golden Gallop 10k 2013, Surf City 10k 2013, Kaiser Permanente San Francisco Half Marathon 2011, Rock 'n' Roll Denver 1/2 Marathon 2011, 9/11 Remembrance Run Half Marathon 2011, Race On the Base 10k 2014, Innovation Run 5k 2014, Grand Prix of Running 10k, LA Quarter Marathon 2014, Wounded Warriors Half Marathon, and other races I am missing off the top of my head
StarGirl11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 11:48 AM   #506
kirstie101
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarGirl11 View Post
-scratches head- Wonder what they mean by that? Does that mean DL decided to alter the course before finalizing it again? If that's the case I'm now curious to see what it's going to look like.

Wonder if someone decided the Lewis hill was too narrow (drove it the other day it's not particularly narrow it's just not as wide as the Ball hill but they might need to keep half of it open to traffic so if that's the case then it becomes a lot more narrow) or something. Or maybe it has something to do with the park? I mean were spending quiet a bit of time running backstage it feels like.
Now I'm even more curious to see what the course is when its officially released!

In other news I am up to running 2.5 miles with no IT band pain! yay! I know I'm behind on the training schedule, and I can't increase too fast due to the ITBS, but I'm thrilled to be able to start doing some training!

Kirsten
kirstie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 04:58 PM   #507
pxefig
Mouseketeer

Some In Training Avengers shirts!
http://www.disneystore.com/buy-more-and-save/mn/272019/
pxefig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 10:41 PM   #508
SnowMonkey
Earning My Ears

Oh wow.

I want sooo much. Of course it will be hilariously expensive with shipping to Aus.

I should get it just before the race though, so at least there is that.

ETA: Hmm, I think I'm currently right between M and L size wise too, so that's not helpful either.

Last edited by SnowMonkey; 08-28-2014 at 10:55 PM.
SnowMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 07:47 AM   #509
darrenf67
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowMonkey View Post
Oh wow. I want sooo much. Of course it will be hilariously expensive with shipping to Aus. I should get it just before the race though, so at least there is that. ETA: Hmm, I think I'm currently right between M and L size wise too, so that's not helpful either.
Any other Aussies interested in the Avengers shirts? Maybe a group order and save on postage? PM me ASAP if you're keen and I can investigate costs (we will get discount on the shirts too)

First Trip Report - WDW
Dec 2013

darrenf67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 01:09 PM   #510
Kimann
Mouseketeer

Hi All!

Sadly my son and I just had to defer our Avengers registrations to next year and cancel our trip. Stupid WORK

I was able to cancel the hotel and tickets with GET (who by the way I use for all the CA races-they are awesome) and apply what I had paid to our Star Wars weekend balance.

Now here's my problem. I have two Pasta in the Park reservations (without park tickets) in my name that of course I can't get a refund on. If there is a way legally that someone on here can use them and I can not lose money, PM me and let me know. I'm open to sugestions. I hate to lose the money, but I also hate that there are people that want to go and can't.

Thanks!

Tags
avengers, half marathon, rundisney

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: