Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2014, 07:40 PM   #1
gary403
"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse."

WDW Annual Pass increases

Current Annual Pass Prices (shown without tax) :
Updated February 23, 2014Disney Vacation Club Members can take advantage of this special offer February 6 through April 30, 2014.
Annual Pass = $634.00
Premium Annual Pass = $754.00

Walt Disney World Premium Annual Pass: For a limited time, Disney Vacation Club Members can pay just $484, saving $270 off the regular price on their Premium Annual Pass.
Disney Vacation Club Members can take advantage of this special offer February 6 through April 30, 2014.

Last edited by gary403; 02-24-2014 at 08:30 PM.
gary403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 08:04 PM   #2
rteetz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary403 View Post
and how does that effect the DVC? Current Annual Pass Prices (shown without tax) : Updated February 23, 2014 Annual Pass = $634.00 Premium Annual Pass = $754.00
well it could effect how often DVC members go to WDW. Higher prices mean less times to disney on a year. Maybe instead of annual passes people will just go once or twice a year and get a regular park hopper or magic your way ticket instead of the annual pass. Just a thought.

rteetz is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-23-2014, 08:20 PM   #3
gary403
"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse."

Walt Disney World Premium Annual Pass: For a limited time, Disney Vacation Club Members can pay just $484
Disney Vacation Club Members can take advantage of this special offer February 6 through April 30, 2014.
Old 02-24-2014, 11:32 AM   #4
WIDisneyFan
DIS Veteran

Any price change or discount is done for a reason, not just because they can.

And yes there is a current offer for DVC members, and as a DVC member it is an offer my family will take advantage of. Disney did a similar offer last year for DVC members, one that did not work for my family. The fact Disney has developed another offer for DVC members tells me the "loss" on the ticket sales was more than made up for by added spending in the parks and elsewhere that could be tied directly to the promotion.

Remember Disney is looking at the total picture not just the ticket price. Their goal, as with any company, is to maximize profits. Sometimes the best way to do that is to lower the price for a target group. DVC members are some of the most loyal fans to Disney, but in my experience this does not mean they are the ones that spend every waking minute in the park. We as a family tend to spend more time with the resort amenities as DVC members than we did when we were just on vacation. A promotion like the one currently being offered will result in my family spending more time in the parks (theme and water) and may even result in us adding a second trip yet this year.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: