Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2014, 10:00 PM   #1
sigmasal
Mouseketeer

Anna and Elsa after 1/31?

Has anyone heard anything about meeting Anna and Elsa after 1/31? We arrive on Feb 1st and my daughter is going to be crushed if they are not there. I have tried to prep her that they may not be there but she has seen youtube videos and such and is soooo excited to meet them in Norway! She's not really paying attention to what I've said because of what she SEES (she's 8, she goes on the computer by herself). Anyway, any rumors of extending their stay or moving them to another location?

4th Disney Trip (2/1/14 - 2/8/14 All Star Sports) Getting so Excited!!

3rd Disney Trip (4/27/09 - 5/4/09 Pop Century) Had my birthday at Disney!

2nd Disney Trip (2/04) - Spur of the Moment 4-day Trip to Pop Century

1st Trip to Disney - November 2000 - Our Honeymoon and both of our 1st trips to Disney World!

Still playing with signature, just wanted to make it little less boring!
sigmasal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 08:40 PM   #2
MyKidzMick
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmasal View Post
Has anyone heard anything about meeting Anna and Elsa after 1/31? We arrive on Feb 1st and my daughter is going to be crushed if they are not there. I have tried to prep her that they may not be there but she has seen youtube videos and such and is soooo excited to meet them in Norway! She's not really paying attention to what I've said because of what she SEES (she's 8, she goes on the computer by herself). Anyway, any rumors of extending their stay or moving them to another location?
Anna and Elsa will be there! Their stay has been extended beyond January 31st and an end date for them has not been projected.

Be sure to line up as soon as the park opens as wait times are between 2 - 3 hours.
MyKidzMick is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-18-2014, 11:02 PM   #3
stephgles
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyKidzMick View Post
Anna and Elsa will be there! Their stay has been extended beyond January 31st and an end date for them has not been projected.

Be sure to line up as soon as the park opens as wait times are between 2 - 3 hours.
I know that they are popular but I haven't read or heard anything that they have extended their visit. Where did you read about it be extended?
Old 01-18-2014, 11:51 PM   #4
sigmasal
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyKidzMick View Post

So excited to hear this!!! Can you tell me where you found the information, I would love to read it for myself. Unless, of course, this is inside information, lol. Thanks so much!!!

4th Disney Trip (2/1/14 - 2/8/14 All Star Sports) Getting so Excited!!

3rd Disney Trip (4/27/09 - 5/4/09 Pop Century) Had my birthday at Disney!

2nd Disney Trip (2/04) - Spur of the Moment 4-day Trip to Pop Century

1st Trip to Disney - November 2000 - Our Honeymoon and both of our 1st trips to Disney World!

Still playing with signature, just wanted to make it little less boring!
sigmasal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 09:35 PM   #5
katt789
DIS Veteran

They're definitely not leaving anytime soon, especially since they just casted a few more friends for each of them. I wouldn't be surprised if their location gets expanded/moved

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

katt789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 05:30 AM   #6
FROZENinCanada
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post
They're definitely not leaving anytime soon, especially since they just casted a few more friends for each of them. I wouldn't be surprised if their location gets expanded/moved
Any idea when these new cast members would be starting. We're going to be there march 1st and would love to be able to see more than just the sisters
FROZENinCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 04:41 PM   #7
MyKidzMick
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROZENinCanada View Post
Any idea when these new cast members would be starting. We're going to be there march 1st and would love to be able to see more than just the sisters
"Friends" as in Anna and Elsa specifically have more CM friends.

On the Theme Parks thread, the CM who posts current character info has confirmed they are staying indefinitely. She also said there are no plans to move Anna and Elsa to MK and for now, their extended stay is at Epcot.
MyKidzMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 08:14 PM   #8
PrincessRileysMom
Earning My Ears

If you search on dates/times for meeting the girls on My Disney Experience, they have dates/times for the first week in February- the rest of the month is blacked out. So it looks like you are good to go!

I just hope they improve the experience...more times, bigger location...?
Old 01-25-2014, 11:24 PM   #9
Akitajade
Earning My Ears

Good luck meeting Anna and Elsa. We just got back from our trip last night and our attempt to visit them was a complete fail. My advice would be at Epcot the second it opens at 9:00 in the morning and head directly to wait for the 11:00 meet and greet. We arrived right at 11:00am thinking we'd have a 2 hour wait at most, but they were already lining up for the 3:00 Meet and greet. That is a 4 hour wait!! Also, they ONLY sell Frozen merchandise at one shop in Norway. Except for a small stack of Frozen books, ALL the Frozen merchandise is completely out of stock. You can't find anything at all in any other gift shop on Disney property. Stupid, stupid, stupid. We had a very disappointed little girl.
Old 01-26-2014, 07:23 AM   #10
Yellowstonetim
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akitajade View Post
Good luck meeting Anna and Elsa. We just got back from our trip last night and our attempt to visit them was a complete fail. My advice would be at Epcot the second it opens at 9:00 in the morning and head directly to wait for the 11:00 meet and greet. We arrived right at 11:00am thinking we'd have a 2 hour wait at most, but they were already lining up for the 3:00 Meet and greet. That is a 4 hour wait!! Also, they ONLY sell Frozen merchandise at one shop in Norway. Except for a small stack of Frozen books, ALL the Frozen merchandise is completely out of stock. You can't find anything at all in any other gift shop on Disney property. Stupid, stupid, stupid. We had a very disappointed little girl.
I am very sorry for your little girl! You may already have done this, but I found a lot of merchandise at Toys R Us. Hope that makes up for it. It is wonderful how popular Frozen it, but it is sad when that popularity negatively impacts a young girls experience.

I hope she feels better.

I don't think Disney was expecting the enormity of the response and were caught unprepared. It is just unfortunate.

"Remember, no matter where you go... there you are!" Buckaroo Banzai

1980 - Disneyland for 1 day while in the US Navy
1981-1983 Several 1 day visits while living in Orlando
1984- 1996 Several one and two day visits while visiting family
2000 January - 4 Nights, 5 Days - All Star Movies
2012 January - 5 Nights, 6 Days - Caribbean Beach
2013 September - 9 Nights, 10 days - Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room.
2014 November - ?
Yellowstonetim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 08:13 AM   #11
ToyStoryMania1
Earning My Ears

The Frozen Effect

Disney had two hit princess movies in a short amount of time with Tangled and Frozen. Brave was financially successful too.

Frozen did something the other films as of recent haven't done. The storyline was completely new and fresh. There were two strong female characters that are both loveable and inspirational to say the least.

I am hopefully Disney will expand the "frozen" concept throughout the park but if nothing else they need to plan for a meet and greet for the next 6 months.

I hope your little girl gets to meet both of them and have their magical Disney moment.
ToyStoryMania1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 04:36 PM   #12
BigBlueWho
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akitajade View Post
Wow. We waited a few hours for Rapunzel in 11. That is definitely going to kill my day there.
Old 01-26-2014, 04:39 PM   #13
sookie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROZENinCanada View Post
I think friends is usually just a cute way to say - more cast members to play Anna and Elsa.
sookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 11:34 PM   #14
travelinggnomes
Mouseketeer

Wouldn't it be great if they added Anna and Elsa to the FP+ for one of the lower tiers of Epcot?

Disney World Trips:
Dec 1982, May 1987, June 1990, Feb 1994, Feb 1996,
Feb 1997, Sept 2000, Feb 2008, Mar 2010
Next trip: April/May 2014
travelinggnomes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 08:11 AM   #15
Eoghann
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelinggnomes View Post
Wouldn't it be great if they added Anna and Elsa to the FP+ for one of the lower tiers of Epcot?
As popular as many of these meet and greets are I'm surprised they don't all have FP+ options actually.

I was thinking the same thing about Tinkerbell's Nook the other day. I have a kid who will want to do that next time we go and it's likely to be one of the longest lines we deal with all day.
Eoghann is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: