Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2014, 08:48 PM   #1
eeyoresnr
DIS Veteran

another ticket price increase? really?

sorry, but I think this is ridiculous... whats it been? 6 months since the last increase?
and they didn't even give advance Warning this time

The Orlando Sentinel just published this breaking news article:

Starting Sunday, Disney’s Magic Kingdom guests will have to fork over a few extra dollars for single-day park admission. The tickets now cost $99 for adults and children 10 years and up.
This $4 price hike keeps Magic Kingdom as the most expensive Disney park. A one-day ticket for Epcot, Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios will go from $90 to $94.
“Our pricing reflects the high quality and breadth of experiences we offer and our ongoing commitment to investing in our parks,” Disney spokesman Bryan Malenius said Saturday. “We offer a variety of ticket options that provide a great value, and find that most guests select multi-day tickets that offer additional savings.”
This is the second price hike in less than a year.
Universal Orlando also raised its prices last summer. A one-day, one-park ticket is $92.
1963-1999 Disneyland... Too many to list /Feb 2003 WDW All Star Sports- (Honeymoon- 1st WDW trip) / Jan 2004 WDW CSR (1st Anniversary)/ Aug 2004 Disneyland (Home-Sweet-Home) / Aug 2005 WDW CSR & POR / Dec 2005 CBR (MVMCP)/March 2006 WDW CSR (Braves / Dodgers) / April 2006 POR (Daughters 21st Birthday)Dec 2007 WDW ASMusic & Villas @WL (My Birthday & Our 5th Anniversary & 2 MVMCP)
Feb 2008 Pop Century / April 2008 ASMovies / Dec 2008 ASMusic, CR & OKW & AKL-(CL) MVMCP/Steam Train & Keys to the Kingdom Tours...
May 2009 CSR / Dec 2009 CSR & AKV Kidani SV / Bay Lake Towers / Boardwalk Villas (Backstage Magic Tour) / April 2010 AKV Kidani SV & FW Cabins / May 2010 CBR / Sept 2010 OKW / Dec 2010 CSR (My 50th Birthday)
April 2011 A.S. Sports/Bonnet Creek / May 2011 Bonnet Creek / Dec 2013 Bonnet Creek / March-April 2014 Bonnet Creek
Working on my ROAR! Jaxon's First trip to meet Mickey Mouse... Pre-Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2988090
eeyoresnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 09:08 PM   #2
Redarrow5150
DIS Veteran

I can think of no way better to combat ticket pricing (besides not buying) is buying Disney stock. Seriously folks the amount of complaining I see on here about pricing the more you should buy there stock. Supply and Demand.
Redarrow5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-22-2014, 09:09 PM   #3
WDSearcher
DIS Veteran

It would appear as though Disney is trying to encourage people to purchase multi-day tickets.

I'd be interested to know how many people still buy single-day tickets these days.

WDSearcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 09:22 PM   #4
BadgerGirl84
I think my biggest pet peeve is when a weird toe pops out the side

I guess they are helping to pay for FP+ going over budget, because I not aware of any new attractions coming other than the mine train and Avatar.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

BadgerGirl84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 09:30 PM   #5
Punzie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDSearcher View Post
It would appear as though Disney is trying to encourage people to purchase multi-day tickets.

I'd be interested to know how many people still buy single-day tickets these days.

Well my husband is about to do a one month training in Atlanta (we live in md) and hopefully a 3 month training this fall for another promotion.

Typically we go in sept but were thinking nov this year.

Both trips are likely out now though he's planning on us going to atl with him at least the three month trip - perhaps both (stay at home mom home schooled kids allows us the freedom)

So to replace the annual vacation we were going to do some weekend trips to wdw on his day off- until I realized for our family of 5 a 2 day ticket would be $1000. We go during free dining so are used to an 8 day stay in moderate for $2500. 8 days of tickets lodging and food so $1000 for two days not stay is insanity!

I couldn't believe it.

I don't see how it's worth going to wdw unless you're doing 5+ days or of course an AP, which is what we will do if he gets the long fall training since it would be followed by a move to the south - closer to wdw.

I'm still bummed our impromptu quick march visit isn't doable becaus so refuse to pay that.

I see why people complain about it being unaffordable.

To me it always seemed a good value- no more than we'd pay for a beach vacation - but if you go to Orlando and plan on hitting lots of other parks not just buying multi day wdw it is terribly expensive.
Punzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 12:21 AM   #6
kevdo
Kevin Crossman

Disney is doing a great job changing everyone's mind-share that the place is going to pot.

Annoying FP+ (which would still be annoying even if it worked perfectly)
Poor maintenance
Mine Train attraction taking longer than if it had literally been carved from stone
Everything costs too much
Old 02-23-2014, 01:12 AM   #7
huhwhat
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevdo View Post
Mine Train attraction taking longer than if it had literally been carved from stone
PoP 2010,2011,2011
WDL 2008
huhwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 02:14 AM   #8
mesaverdefan
Earning My Ears

Ever so close to the $100 mark, 2015 will probably be the year of the $100+ ticket for MK.
mesaverdefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 02:46 AM   #9
Networth
It all started with a mouse...or something like that.

It's to be expected they just had another great fiscal quarter. I really would not mind the increases if I actually saw some darn attractions being built. We have enough hotels already build RIDES.

Next “official" Trip: 12/12/14-12/20/14 Grand Floridian Resort & Spa.
Networth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 07:58 AM   #10
willowsnn3
Tagless not by choice but by circumstance

Really?
Come on peeps, prices go up on everything, Disney is a business not a non profit organization.
Bread goes up, milk goes up, gas goes up, clothing goes up. Most of those are necessities. Vacations (Disney) are for pleasure. So you save up & pay the price or choose a lesser venue.

Book Challenge Goal 79/72

willowsnn3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 08:01 AM   #11
MUFFYCAT
Sorry, I'm a spaze
Nevermind I see it, my eyesight is going
Which Spice Girl can I be?
Jealous of Christmas Tags

The way people go crazy over Disney increases you'd think no other park raises their prices! A Universal 2 park/2 day ticket has increased 58% from what I paid nine years ago.
Old 02-23-2014, 08:07 AM   #12
EMode
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyoresnr View Post
sorry, but I think this is ridiculous... whats it been? 6 months since the last increase?
and they didn't even give advance Warning this time

The Orlando Sentinel just published this breaking news article:

Starting Sunday, Disney’s Magic Kingdom guests will have to fork over a few extra dollars for single-day park admission. The tickets now cost $99 for adults and children 10 years and up.
This $4 price hike keeps Magic Kingdom as the most expensive Disney park. A one-day ticket for Epcot, Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios will go from $90 to $94.
“Our pricing reflects the high quality and breadth of experiences we offer and our ongoing commitment to investing in our parks,” Disney spokesman Bryan Malenius said Saturday. “We offer a variety of ticket options that provide a great value, and find that most guests select multi-day tickets that offer additional savings.”
This is the second price hike in less than a year.
Universal Orlando also raised its prices last summer. A one-day, one-park ticket is $92.
I'm not so sure this is a true statement since FP+ has been in place. Raising prices, lessening the experiences and adding more frustration to their guests is what they are doing. No thanks Disney, enough is enough.
EMode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 08:10 AM   #13
NYDisneyKid
Expedition Everest Record Holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redarrow5150 View Post
I can think of no way better to combat ticket pricing (besides not buying) is buying Disney stock.
Love my Disney stock. Bought my first shares way back when and now have over 1000 shares.. CHA-CHING
Old 02-23-2014, 08:16 AM   #14
Tonka's Skipper
DIS Veteran

This maybe in response to the recent price increases at UNI and the UNI price increases expected this summer.

WDW offers over all much more.

AKK
Tonka's Skipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 08:29 AM   #15
TaylorsDad
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=Tonka's Skipper;50785795]This maybe in response to the recent price increases at UNI and the UNI price increases expected this summer.

WDW offers over all much more.

AKK[/QUOTE

The difference is at Uni we are getting more than in past visits with money spent on new attractions and paying for more if prices do go up again. At WDW we will be paying more and getting less -less fps, less ride times, etc than past visits. The only thing I feel like I am getting more of is more time having to plan every aspect of my trip months in advance. I am just surprised at the timing of this announcement.
TaylorsDad is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: